Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) FvS Soul Survivor (Read 36095 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Re: FvS Soul Survivor
Reply #50 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:55pm:
I know it's not a coincidence. But she must be up to something. She's building up my hope, waiting for me to let my guard down. Then she will wait until just the right moment when I am vulnerable and crush me.

I think you might think that I'm smarter than I actually am.  Grin

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #51 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I personally love my WF FvS, a bit of a mutated Soul Survivor build.

My playtimes are odd enough that I have to solo a lot to make up for lack of groups.  This build excels at that.  I maxxed STR + CON, basically dumped WIS and put enough into CHA + INT that I can UMD fireshield scrolls and cast 9th level spells.

I have been able to solo everything in Amrath on normal so far at lvl 18.  I just hit 19, so I'll be going back out to try and solo on Hard as well.

I have solo healed parties running Shroud (no biggie there) as well as ToD/VoD/HoX.  Was luck on ToD as Horoth and Sully tanks were WF and we had 3 casters, so I only had to worry about the party.

I'm not all tricked out with gear yet, but iirc @ +/- 505 HP and 2400 SP at lvl 19, not awesome but without a doubt survivable.

I frequently see my BB hitting for 150-200 in Amrath, again not awesome, but it helps while soloing and bringing an air ele along for the knockdown "easy button" melee.

Once I cap him and grind a bit more Epic gear, I'll TR into a wiz once or twice for the DCs and go back to FvS for last life.

p.s.- also a 34 point build currently
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2011 at 11:45am by DooshCanoe »  

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
DooshCanoe wrote on Sep 28th, 2011 at 11:42am:
I personally love my WF FvS, a bit of a mutated Soul Survivor build.

My playtimes are odd enough that I have to solo a lot to make up for lack of groups.  This build excels at that.  I maxxed STR + CON, basically dumped WIS and put enough into CHA + INT that I can UMD fireshield scrolls and cast 9th level spells.

I have been able to solo everything in Amrath on normal so far at lvl 18.  I just hit 19, so I'll be going back out to try and solo on Hard as well.

I have solo healed parties running Shroud (no biggie there) as well as ToD/VoD/HoX.  Was luck on ToD as Horoth and Sully tanks were WF and we had 3 casters, so I only had to worry about the party.

I'm not all tricked out with gear yet, but iirc @ +/- 505 HP and 2400 SP at lvl 19, not awesome but without a doubt survivable.

I frequently see my BB hitting for 150-200 in Amrath, again not awesome, but it helps while soloing and bringing an air ele along for the knockdown "easy button" melee.

Once I cap him and grind a bit more Epic gear, I'll TR into a wiz once or twice for the DCs and go back to FvS for last life.

p.s.- also a 34 point build currently

Go sorc a couple lives if you want DCs, wiz if you want more spell pen.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #53 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 28th, 2011 at 3:22pm:
Go sorc a couple lives if you want DCs, wiz if you want more spell pen.

And thankfully, Wizard and Sorc lives are the easiest lives to power through (IMO).  That is still 20 million+ XP just to get DC's that a Wizard with Cove gear can beat the instant they hit 20, though.

fnord

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #54 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:35pm:
There's what, maybe ONE quest where you can get disjuncted?  Roll Eyes

Actually it can happen often enough to count. Especially in low lvls, or anything that does cha dmg. Shocked/ I found out the hard way. my cha is 11 instead of 12. Heh i missed it!

IP Logged

the devs
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 5:38pm:
If you have a +2 Con tome, you will be able to reach a 19 Cha at 20th lvel assuming you stay pure.

Is this some sort of exploit? Using a CON tome to boost CHA?  Shocked

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #56 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 11:26am
Print Post  
the devs wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 7:00am:
Is this some sort of exploit? Using a CON tome to boost CHA?  Shocked

Fixed it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #57 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Gawna do you need any more advice or all set?

Felgor has been 20 WF FvS for a little bit now so I am kinda okish in a maybe roundabout way to give possible decently helpful advice. Possibly maybe.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:24pm:

Felgor has been 20 WF FvS for a little bit now so I am kinda okish in a maybe roundabout way to give possible decently helpful advice. Possibly maybe.

Perhaps.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:24pm:

I think I'm good!  The only thing I can't decide on is if I want to make the investment for the second level of PrE.  She is melee specced (just hit level 12 so I got my Min II GS out of the bank wooooo!) and the word on the street is that it's not really worth it?  But we all know that I love balls on my chin, especially glowy ones that shoot things at my enemies.  I am torn.  Undecided

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #60 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think I'm good!  The only thing I can't decide on is if I want to make the investment for the second level of PrE.  She is melee specced (just hit level 12 so I got my Min II GS out of the bank wooooo!) and the word on the street is that it's not really worth it?  But we all know that I love balls on my chin, especially glowy ones that shoot things at my enemies.  I am torn.  Undecided

its 'Nutz on Ya Chin'

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #61 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Quote:

cool. do you enjoy fvs melee? I like mine a lot, more than any other toon I have.

t2 pre is ok, but the ap is better spent on healers friend or scroll mastery 4.

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #62 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:35am:
cool. do you enjoy fvs melee? I like mine a lot, more than any other toon I have.

I like my WF Melee FvS a lot too. I did the t2 pre. It doesn't do a lot. I may switch it out if I get around to it.

I like solo'g on it. It is dang near indestructible. In groups, sometimes you end up in the traditional healer role. Count on being a healer in raids.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #63 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 9:37am:
I like my WF Melee FvS a lot too. I did the t2 pre. It doesn't do a lot. I may switch it out if I get around to it.

I like solo'g on it. It is dang near indestructible. In groups, sometimes you end up in the traditional healer role. Count on being a healer in raids.

I love my WF FVS melee tier2 PRE. I am always main healer I just make sure to keep my auto attack on keep my melee buffs up and alternate through heals and damage spells. My favorite thing is to let great cleaving barbs die from their own critsm. I only have 3 mass spells CCW/CSW/ MHeal and heal loaded so sometimes if the party is getting shit kicked I cant heal fast enough (all spells on timer) this can happen in edeeps in the pit if I dont focus on heals

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:35am:

I'm loving the melee aspects of this character.  I just hit 12 so got my Min II GS out of the bank and she is fucking shit up.  I may take the tier 2 just to check it out and then have a re-do if I don't like it.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #65 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm loving the melee aspects of this character.  I just hit 12 so got my Min II GS out of the bank and she is fucking shit up.  I may take the tier 2 just to check it out and then have a re-do if I don't like it.

I respecc'd my wife melee fvs from 18/2 FVS/Monk to pure FVS.  Just ended up ditching all of the two handed fighting feats.  She's going with just the tier I enhancements right now, and not really missing the tier II at all.

Edit:  I think I need to expand on this a bit. 
If you are going to be primarily running end game raids at cap, you're not going to miss it. 
If you are running epic non raids, it can be useful in places. 
While leveling, it sucks up a lot of action points, but it's also reasonably useful.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2012 at 2:22pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #66 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
I dropped the tier 2 (kept tier 1) for more HP and scroll mastery.

The crazy light-brite cannon is kinda nice, but I think it’s too expensive
for what I can buy instead.

I also don’t have any tanking enhancements.  Having tank-like qualities
is a plus, but planning on maintanking everything means you play with
complete gimps who can’t DPS their way out of a paper kobald.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #67 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 3:12pm:
I dropped the tier 2 (kept tier 1) for more HP and scroll mastery.

The crazy light-brite cannon is kinda nice, but I think it’s too expensive
for what I can buy instead.

I also don’t have any tanking enhancements.  Having tank-like qualities
is a plus, but planning on maintanking everything means you play with
complete gimps who can’t DPS their way out of a paper kobald.

Yea I didn't exactly follow the Soul Survivor build...but most WF FvS are going to be similar anyway.

I took Brute Fighting 1 just because I had 1ap leftover. 675hp with a yugo pot and rage. If I got a head start to triple stack DP (even with Max only) I could tank. Already get agro with esos+clawset+DP on mini bosses if I try.

But why when there are better options for tanks like defenders or ac builds.

I considered the monk splash too initially, but just went 20fvs. The DR, saves and inherent resists coupled with red scale docent and UMD or cloak of ice are almost as good as evasion vs aoe spells. Easy to farm up a PLIS now too.

Where does everyone have their Hvy Fort and GS? I have triple air SP goggles I swap to Tharnes, and triple earth HP belt I keep on.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #68 - May 8th, 2012 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 1:44am:
I built the wife one somewhat based on Cully's FVS build.  She's been fairly happy with it, and it's still one of her favorite characters.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=211596

I've been looking for this! w00t.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #69 - May 8th, 2012 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:22am:
Yea I didn't exactly follow the Soul Survivor build...but most WF FvS are going to be similar anyway.

I took Brute Fighting 1 just because I had 1ap leftover. 675hp with a yugo pot and rage. If I got a head start to triple stack DP (even with Max only) I could tank. Already get agro with esos+clawset+DP on mini bosses if I try.

But why when there are better options for tanks like defenders or ac builds.

I considered the monk splash too initially, but just went 20fvs. The DR, saves and inherent resists coupled with red scale docent and UMD or cloak of ice are almost as good as evasion vs aoe spells. Easy to farm up a PLIS now too.

Where does everyone have their Hvy Fort and GS? I have triple air SP goggles I swap to Tharnes, and triple earth HP belt I keep on.

Anathema ring FTW.  I'll tank things like sulu or turgulon when we are full of thieves and WF barbs or whatever.  Otherwise I agree that it's best to let someone better at the job do it. 

Unfortunately Sirgog stressed tanking so much that every nublet out there thinks they can hit 20 on one of these and tank anything.   Ding!

Here's my layout:  http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=323358

He's mostly the same today, except has more +3 tomes and way more HP.

People like Matuse/Sirgog don't like my gearing, but fuck them it works for my needs. 

I wanted him to be a mostly no-swap character, especially for UMD so I can fire off fire shield and such without dying due to crippling gear-swap lag.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #70 - May 8th, 2012 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 3:06pm:
Anathema ring FTW.

If you can find one, sure.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Anathema ring FTW.  I'll tank things like sulu or turgulon when we are full of thieves and WF barbs or whatever.  Otherwise I agree that it's best to let someone better at the job do it. 

Unfortunately Sirgog stressed tanking so much that every nublet out there thinks they can hit 20 on one of these and tank anything.   Ding!

Here's my layout:  http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=323358

He's mostly the same today, except has more +3 tomes and way more HP.

People like Matuse/Sirgog don't like my gearing, but fuck them it works for my needs. 

I wanted him to be a mostly no-swap character, especially for UMD so I can fire off fire shield and such without dying due to crippling gear-swap lag.

Mine is no swap for the most part.  I can swap around trinket if I want the spyglass or arrowhead.

I went with eMask of Comedy in the helm and then I use eRing of the master artifice (which I really need to tier up).  I like the potency and major healing lore on the mask, that way if I forget to swap to green blade/cove dagger setup before casting a bb i'm still getting decent damage.  The reconstruction proc on the ring has saved me a couple times in DQ runs.

Right now, I probably spend 50% of the time running around with terror, 50% running around with green blade/e ornament blade.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #72 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:12pm
Print Post  

Does Anathema have some hidden trait that isn't listed on the ring?  Evocation focus + Magi (100 non-stacking SP) is nice, but I can't see what that would do for a Soul Survivor when you can get Wizardry VI on Greensteel at level 11 and Cannith crafted Greater Evocation Focus at the same level.

I must be missing something here.

fnord

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #73 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 8:37pm:
If you can find one, sure.

I got a few in the AH lately, but yeah they can be a bit a of a pain to get.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #74 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 3:12pm:
Does Anathema have some hidden trait that isn't listed on the ring?  Evocation focus + Magi (100 non-stacking SP) is nice, but I can't see what that would do for a Soul Survivor when you can get Wizardry VI on Greensteel at level 11 and Cannith crafted Greater Evocation Focus at the same level.

I must be missing something here.

Massive spell hate, situational swap.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint