Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) ER and public perception (Read 23280 times)
Mts
Cavern Destroyer

I Love Drama!

ER and public perception
Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
So I was reading through the first 10 or so pages of the 'Top 5 shitty ass players' thread and it got me thinking. Over the course of the last couple of years, ER has made some pretty major reforms, especially in regards to the public image of the guild across the server and how the guild treats the gaming public.

Of course we still put the guild first over pugs, and we're still a bunch of elite assholes, but we're a kinder, gentler sort of asshole. Much like Stainers, only not as grainy.

So lets hear it: what does the Khyber public think of the guild? Good and bad, let's hear it.

Mts | Mty | Mtn | Mtz | Mtc | Mtb | Etc etc
Proud officer of Elite Raiders
www.eliteraiders.net

laeris wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:21pm:
You're a bunch of competent fuckwits

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: ER and public perception
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
I think I prefer you over Epitaph.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Was full of the scum of Khyber once. Now, pretty good folks.

Except that Mts, he can fo&diaf.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Mts wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:17pm:
So I was reading through the first 10 or so pages of the 'Top 5 shitty ass players' thread and it got me thinking. Over the course of the last couple of years, ER has made some pretty major reforms, especially in regards to the public image of the guild across the server and how the guild treats the gaming public.

Of course we still put the guild first over pugs, and we're still a bunch of elite assholes, but we're a kinder, gentler sort of asshole. Much like Stainers, only not as grainy.

So lets hear it: what does the Khyber public think of the guild? Good and bad, let's hear it.

I enjoy running with ER.  I tend to run with ER guys more when I am on during the daytime US Eastern than at night.  Not sure if that is your primary guild time or just when you have more pug spots open/do more pugging.  Was just in a Buki eVon6 today.  Smooth as pie.  Been in several of Pyce's runs too.  I've never had an issue with attitudes or performance or anything.  I heard about the past, but to me it's just that: the past. 

I'm sure everyone gets bent occasionally when things go poorly, but not seen any ER guys behave any better or worse than any other guild tags.  Fact is, I think you are more likely to get an obnoxious attitude and blame laying from the players in non-elite guilds.  Knights of Kern, Elite Empire and the like.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
I have never had issues with ER. Some people might not agree with the no roll on loot unless your a guildy policy but I never assume that loot is mine unless my name is by it. Most ER members are competent players so I never worry when I see the guild tag in a raid or party. ER maybe elite assholes but everyone should strive to be an elite asshole.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
I've never had an issue with any of the ER people myself.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
I never really have any issues with anyone. But then again I'm too nice for my own good.

Except for madbrenda. Fucking psycho.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:10pm
Print Post  

Since it's you who is asking Mt I will give an honest and open answer.

I still treat ER with a bit of caution and expect to get nothing much but a completion when I run with you guys. It tends to be quiet, I'm guessing because you guys talk in vent/TS. It's quite serious and I play very carefully. I don't believe this has changed.

Having been sent particularly nasty tells by Buki I tend to avoid him. On his recent TR though I ran with him a couple of times. I was disappointed by the way he treated some pugs - not very classy. But as you say, it's ER, I made my excuses and went and did something else. I've been snapped at by Pyce and other members - but hey as you say it's ER and you kind of expect that.

I like you and Viz (didn't for a while but I got to know him) and Sweez and I have fun and will join your groups if I see you there in the lfm or otherwise. I have more fun running with my own guild and channel though as it seems less serious, more silly jokes and stuffing around while we still get stuff done. I feel more free to play with a carefree agressive style running with my guild or channel with more lattitude to make mistakes as I'm still learning stuff than I would in an ER run where I tend to be much more careful and wallflowerish trying not to attract negative remarks, but that's just me being a bit sensitive I guess. There are days I don't feel strong enough to handle ER and will just avoid their raids/quests and will be a tad freaked out if I find myself suddenly in a party with an ER member.

Kinder, gentler? Maybe. Still assholes? Well Buki certainly still qualifies.

Edit: I forget that Kokasia is in your guild. They're such a sweetie they seem totally out of place Tongue

And I admire Stainer for just saying it how he sees it. I should be more like that.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:27am by »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Mt,

You, Pyce, Augie, Fatties, and a few others have always treated me decently. Every once in a while I run into a ER member that is overly full of themselves, but it is rare when it does happen. When it does, I will tell them to "suck it" just I would any one else.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:44pm
Print Post  

For the most part, I enjoy running with you guys. You are in my top 5 players to run with, and others like Viz, Sowen, and Nubb are fun people to be around.

Having said that, I do think there are a few mediocre players in ER that have quite an attitude, and it's an attitude that largely stems from your guild tag. Most of ER is good, no doubt about it, but there are a few players I can think of who are all gear and no skill (which is mostly fine when you are DPS) and only blame others when they fail (which can be aggravating).

ER is still on my auto-accept list (even Buki), and although I may not like everyone in your guild, I don't think it's possible to like every person in most guilds Tongue

I will say that ER snagged a lot of Ransack's talent, and I enjoy running immensely with my ex-guildies.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:45pm by Rastelin »  

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:32am
Print Post  
I pretty much pug exclusively, and I have never had an issue with any of you guys. They have always been at least competent, and a couple are very good (Viz and Sowen come to mind).

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Love running with you, Buki, Pyce, Smitherz (when he was in still), etc. I wish I could remember everyone's name actually. It's been a good while since I've played along with you guys.

I miss running TRs with Buki and Trols, or fucking up a raid just to hear Buki have a conniption fit and seizure. Maybe when I come back in a while, I'll look you all up or something.

IP Logged

Mts
Cavern Destroyer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:46am
Print Post  
This is all great feedback, thank you. Keep it coming.

I think some of the negatives stem from our vent usage. To a lot of the pugs we seem very serious since we're all bullshitting and joking in vent, and only say stuff in party to give out instructions or let folks know what's going on. It's particularly bad when it's a nearly full guild run.

Let's keep the feedback coming - this is great stuff.

www.eliteraiders.net

IP Logged

Mts
Cavern Destroyer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Love running with you, Buki, Pyce, Smitherz (when he was in still), etc. I wish I could remember everyone's name actually. It's been a good while since I've played along with you guys.

I miss running TRs with Buki and Trols, or fucking up a raid just to hear Buki have a conniption fit and seizure. Maybe when I come back in a while, I'll look you all up or something.

lol Yea, I love to irritate buki too. I used to do it to Boldrin all the time as well - it would drive him up a wall.

www.eliteraiders.net

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Mts wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:47am:
lol Yea, I love to irritate buki too. I used to do it to Boldrin all the time as well - it would drive him up a wall.

I honestly wish I could remember everyone's names :/

It's been way too long.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:01am
Print Post  
If I wind up in a group with someone from Revenants or Pilchards I expect them to be good, and tend to listen up if they have something to say. If there's someone from OMGBIZZY there, I expect it will be entertaining, as well as usually pretty good. 

I can't recall anyone from ER ever speaking to me.

And I've had a couple experiences in raids where someone from ER refused to co-operate. I haven't been on an ER raid or played with ER players much (Shrouds mostly, and occasionally Titan). But my perception is that ER players require handling as "difficult customers". Which is usually not what I'm looking for.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:05am
Print Post  
ER is like a lot of guilds really.  Obviously they have a better class of player as far as ability goes than almost any other guild, but they have their members that people would prefer to avoid.

I know Buki gets a lot of negative feedback, but he's probably my favourite ER player lol.  I can't deny that I've seen him stroke out a few times, but in most cases when I've seen it, it wasn't for "Nothing". 

He also dragged me around when I was very new and put up with me not knowing jack shit about the game.  It wasn't just "Don't die and keep up" he would actually take time to explain things and always seemed to have a sixth sense of what I was capable of doing and what I wasn't (Most notable was him getting me through goggles in Abbot when I protested that I wasn't up to it). I know a lot of people have had a different experience with him, just thought it fair to point out he can be a rational likeable guy when it suits him  Cheesy.

As for other members, don't know any others very well really. Mosty I have a neutral opinion but there are a  couple I tend to avoid because I can kind of expect some stroke outs no matter how the run goes.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:27am
Print Post  
My take on ER has been to both extremes.  While being newer on Khyber I've never got to meet the older version of ER so I can't comment on any changes I have seen, but more of what my current opinion is.  I know who most of the ER members are.  Not all, but most and those I do know, I know in a more of an acquaintance sort of way.  So with that said most of my views are from the first few interactions I have had with ER.

There are a few members of ER that I genuinely enjoy being around, but for the most part I tend to avoid ER runs If I can.  I had pretty high expectations from this guild as it was one of the few I was told to look for when I moved to Khyber and I felt let down with the first few impressions I saw.  It wasn't ever the skill of the players I had any issues with, but all about the attitude and talking down towards everyone else.  I've also had really great experiences with some members of ER, but so few and far apart they are ripples on the surface of my views changing.

I wouldn't ever auto decline any of them in my runs, but for the most part, I just keep my distance and do my own thing.  From a perception though, you guys/gals are good players, but sometimes with poor attitudes.  I'm only one opinion though, and its more then possible I have just had some rare occurrences of bad ER memories, but it is also very well known that ER has a reputation for sometimes being big assholes and blaming others for their own mistakes. 

A wise man once told me: "Talk all the shit you want, be as big of an asshole as you want, but you better damn well be able to back up what you say, because the day you can no longer do this, you have problems".

I think there are some current ER members bordering this.

Anyways, like I said, there are members of ER that I very much enjoy being around, and yes MT your one of them, but there are also players I avoid being around if I can.  Basically I just think ER has/had some bad apples that should have fallen out of the tree a few mods ago (From a spectators side).  All in all though, if the guild is operating smoothly and everyone gets along great and the chemistry works, it really shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.  It's a game after all and nobody ever said you had to make anyone happy Wink

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #18 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:01am:
If I wind up in a group with someone from Revenants or Pilchards I expect them to be good, and tend to listen up if they have something to say. If there's someone from OMGBIZZY there, I expect it will be entertaining, as well as usually pretty good. 

I can't recall anyone from ER ever speaking to me.

And I've had a couple experiences in raids where someone from ER refused to co-operate. I haven't been on an ER raid or played with ER players much (Shrouds mostly, and occasionally Titan). But my perception is that ER players require handling as "difficult customers". Which is usually not what I'm looking for. 

I note that you didn't say a run with OMGBIZZY would be good Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #19 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:28am:

I said usually pretty good.

Don't make me go find a pretty pony picture.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #20 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:50am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:54pm:
I never really have any issues with anyone. But then again I'm too nice for my own good.

Except for madbrenda. Fucking psycho.

I FUCKING HATE madbrenda!

eh, I was always good with ER

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #21 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:28am:

Good is a relative term that can mean a great many different things.  Now shut the hell up and get back to sucking or I will let grandpa Stainer "motorboat" your 5x5 again!

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 2:10am
Print Post  
My first experience was ER quite bad.  Quite a while ago, I was in an echrono (run by ER) for my very first time, on my very first toon, a 28 point cleric.  At the end of razor arm (when we were waiting for some AFK), some ER barb started saccing HP for reasons I couldn't really figure out, until it became apparent that he was about to sac himself to death.  A quick heal saved him, though it didn't top him off, and he continued saccing HP and I had to heal him again.  This happened 3-4 times until one of my heals did manage to top him off.  But by that time, I had burned about 1/4th of my SP (being new, I didn't really know about scroll healing and it did mean burning an extra pot at the end fight).  I was pretty flabbergasted and confused. 

Then he said very sarcastically on voice something like: "Finally!  What's it take to get a heal around here."  To which I replied that he could've just asked, making sure to add a  Tongue smiley face to let him know I didn't mind the bullshit that just occurred.  But then another ER dude chimed in with: "really, he shouldn't have to ask." 

Which is garbage, because he could have easily topped himself off with a few cure serious pots.  But honestly, whether that's true or not, what a cleric's job actually is, is irrelevant.  Being a newer player at the time, I was perfectly willing to accept any wisdom a vet could pass down.  What got to me was the blatant elitism and antagonism he showed by preferring to waste my resources rather than dirty himself by directly address a lowly 28 point adventurer. 

From that point, I've pretty much avoided ER and have only recently not felt very anxious about clicking on groups led by ER. 
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2011 at 2:12am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 2:27am
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:50am:
I FUCKING HATE madbrenda!

eh, I was always good with ER

Oh God, I had a Shroud with Madbrenda once. What a fucking train wreck.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:05am:
(Most notable was him getting me through goggles in Abbot when I protested that I wasn't up to it)

I did this to someone once, he failed.  It was also hilarious.  I made him do it because the guy that was on the side with him likes to make people jump rows, and I fucking hate that.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint