Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U12 on November 9 (Read 9215 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

U12 on November 9
Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:34am
Print Post  

IP Logged

SpiritBoy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: U12 on November 9
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Awesome, really waiting for some of the changes.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I find it interesting that none of the the turbine community fucks have commented or mentioned anything yet.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:54pm:
I find it interesting that none of the the turbine community fucks have commented or mentioned anything yet.

Agreed.

I find it incredibly insulting the fan base has to find out from a third party first when the game updates are going to take place.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm:
Agreed.

I find it incredibly insulting the fan base has to find out from a third party first when the game updates are going to take place.

Which they found out through the forums anyway, so that particular whine doesn't hold a lot of water with me. 

And the idea that they would make an unofficial announcement before they were 100% sure that they could hit their target date doesn't surprise me at all, and I certainly don't find it insulting.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:00pm:
Which they found out through the forums anyway, so that particular whine doesn't hold a lot of water with me. 

And the idea that they would make an unofficial announcement before they were 100% sure that they could hit their target date doesn't surprise me at all, and I certainly don't find it insulting. 

Usually press releases to industry magazines and websites have to be pre-approved and are thus, "official."

The article on zam.com looks like it was approved by someone at Turbine.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:10pm:
Usually press releases to industry magazines and websites have to be pre-approved and are thus, "official."

The article on zam.com looks like it was approved by someone at Turbine.

It looks like Fernando said something off the cuff to a media outlet that was already in the building during a long conversation/tour, which doesn't even remotely smack me as being official or approved by anyone.  Much like the Artificer 'announcement.'

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm:
Agreed.

I find it incredibly insulting that the developer's mom probably knew before us loyal fans.

I can just imagine the conversation:

F. Paiz' Mom (FM): Are you coming over for lunch on Sunday, dear? I'm making your favourite, roast beast and mashed potatoes.
FP: Sorry, Mom, big release on Nov 9. Maybe the next weekend, if I'm not chained to my desk on that weekend too, crushing crippling bugs or resolving another multi-day downtime event.
FM: That's too bad. What is it that you work on again? Dwarves and Demons?
FP: Dungeons and Dragons, Mom. It's a computer game.
FM: Is it much like Farmville?

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. RAAGGE. People who know nothing and don't care at all about the game know stuff about it before I do. RAAAGGGEEEE.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:12pm:
The more I think about it, the angrier I get. RAAGGE. People who know nothing and don't care at all about the game know stuff about it before I do. RAAAGGGEEEE.

It's the only rational response.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:12pm:
It looks like http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png said something off the cuff to a media outlet that was already in the building during a long conversation/tour, which doesn't even remotely smack me as being official or approved by anyone.  Much like the Artificer 'announcement.' 

There was a reason I didn't say Fern@ndo in my post. I said "someone" at Turbine.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:32pm:
There was a reason I didn't say Fern@ndo in my post. I said "someone" at Turbine.

Quote:
I cheekily asked my guides, Executive Producer Fern@ndo Paiz and Producer Erik Boyer, if they could tell me something brand new. So they did. They also said they would be telling everyone else very soon, so I panicked and now here I am with my precious information.

That looks pretty damned clear.  Tongue

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:36pm:
That looks pretty damned clear.  Tongue

How convenient that you left this part out:

Quote:
Now I can say you heard it here first...ish! DDO's Update 12 will be officially shipping on November 9th.

I did the underlining. The bold part was done in the article.

To say his information is "official" tells me something.

No, I don't think he used the word "official" lightly. I think he got the actual word from someone in Turbine that wasn't necessarily Fern@ndo.

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:42pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:41pm:
How convenient that you left this part out:

I did the underlining. The bold part was done in the article.

To say his information is "official" tells me something.

No, I don't think he used the word "official" lightly. I think he got the actual word from someone in Turbine that wasn't necessarily Fern@ndo.

The part I quoted very specifically said that he got the information from Fernando.  You can try to work around that all you want by reading too much into the word 'officially' being used by some 5th rate video game media outlet, if you want, I guess.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Wow, that came up pretty quick.  In between the events, and running for some of updated Epic gear and poking around with artis, I haven't gotten bored with U11 yet.

Is this actually less time between Updates, or is it just me?

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:45am
Print Post  
The delay in U11/U11.1 makes the schedule seem tighter I would imagine.  That combined with them trying to speed up the update schedule with new content to offset the number of subscribers going premium.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:45am:
The delay in U11/U11.1 makes the schedule seem tighter I would imagine.  That combined with them trying to speed up the update schedule with new content to offset the number of subscribers going premium.

/puts on the tin foil hat

I've got this wonderful conspiracy theory where Turbine doesn't want to favor VIP versus Premium.  What they want is for one to be so obviously better than the other that everyone converts.  For instance, right now everyone is running to Premium.  Then, once they've gotten everyone on Premium they flood the market with VIP free options that cost big Turbine Points and slowly bring people back to VIP.  Once they have enough people subscribed again they milk that with no/little new content for awhile and repeat.

/put tinfoil hat back on the shelf

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Turbine made their strategy clear when they got rid of the WDA as the major source of new info. They want to release as much new info as possible through 3rd party sites first to attract new players. Gamers sites love when they get an exclusive etc so Turbine gives rotating sites the new info first to get them to make a big deal out of it. They know that current ddo players will go looking for the info wherever it happens to come from.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Turbine made their strategy clear when they got rid of the WDA as the major source of new info. They want to release as much new info as possible through 3rd party sites first to attract new players. Gamers sites love when they get an exclusive etc so Turbine gives rotating sites the new info first to get them to make a big deal out of it. They know that current ddo players will go looking for the info wherever it happens to come from.

I agree. No need to advertise to us, we already buy. A press release is free advertisement.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:41am:
Wow, that came up pretty quick.  In between the events, and running for some of updated Epic gear and poking around with artis, I haven't gotten bored with U11 yet.

Just you. A huge number of people are playing bf3 atm.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just you. A huge number of people are playing bf3 atm.

Probably just some folks you know... most MMO fans I've talked to don't care for fps. I'd expect a more noticeable difference when Skyrim comes out even though its an offline game. I'm a fps player at heart but my connection won't allow me to play anything requiring twitch gaming.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:

This is an excellent point, and I plan on stealing it from you without attribution.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:41am:

It's not just you. Smiley  I still haven't had a chance to play anything content-wise that came after Lordsmarch's 2nd pack (Assault on Stormreach I think is the name).  All the content that came after I just haven't had a chance to play.  I have it...just can't fit it in time-wise.

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:33am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:09pm:
Probably just some folks you know... most MMO fans I've talked to don't care for fps. I'd expect a more noticeable difference when Skyrim comes out even though its an offline game. I'm a fps player at heart but my connection won't allow me to play anything requiring twitch gaming.

I cannot wait for Planetside 2, the only real FPS worth playing was the original Planetside. WAY ahead of its time, and if you can get by the 2003 graphics, still the best FPS that actually implements large scale battles with Land and Air vehicles.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #23 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Balthazar wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:33am:
I cannot wait for Planetside 2, the only real FPS worth playing was the original Planetside. WAY ahead of its time, and if you can get by the 2003 graphics, still the best FPS that actually implements large scale battles with Land and Air vehicles.

good game but ill have to say Tribes was the best fps. and even farther ahead of its time Tongue had land and air vehicles as well! and community modding/mapping which i think all games should have. gives games a much longer life.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #24 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Hmmm, are you sure about the date? There is no service announcement for a downtime tomorrow.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint