Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U12 on November 9 (Read 9250 times)
flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Re: U12 on November 9
Reply #25 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:18am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:09am:
Hmmm, are you sure about the date? There is no service announcement for a downtime tomorrow.

The content may already be on the servers and just require a flip of the switch.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #26 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 6:05am
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:18am:
The content may already be on the servers and just require a flip of the switch.

Not likely. The Lamannia client required hundreds of megabytes of updated files for the first U12 preview and the live client has had nothing like that since U11.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #27 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:43pm:
The part I quoted very specifically said that he got the information from http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png.  You can try to work around that all you want by reading too much into the word 'officially' being used by some 5th rate video game media outlet, if you want, I guess. 

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=349550

Suck it Oak.

There's no way Fern@ndo would tell anyone an EXACT date of when the next update was going to happen.

The ZAM guy got an Official confirmation (probably via email) of when Update 12 was going to be released from someone else there at Turbine besides Fern@ndo.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #28 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 6:05am:
Not likely. The Lamannia client required hundreds of megabytes of updated files for the first U12 preview and the live client has had nothing like that since U11.

With all the post-Gaybar lag we've been getting, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are pre-loading it on the servers to just flip a switch.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #29 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:23pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=349550

Suck it Oak.

There's no way Fern@ndo would tell anyone an EXACT date of when the next update was going to happen.

The ZAM guy got an Official confirmation (probably via email) of when Update 12 was going to be released from someone else there at Turbine besides Fern@ndo.

This is from the ZAM article.

Now, I know that a lot of tour information has already been released by various other sites, so I cheekily asked my guides, Executive Producer Fernando Paiz and Producer Erik Boyer, if they could tell me something brand new. So they did. They also said they would be telling everyone else very soon, so I panicked and now here I am with my precious information.

Now I can say you heard it here first...ish! DDO's Update 12 will be officially shipping on November 9th. Stay tuned this week or early next week for ZAM's "much more entertaining than anyone else's*" in-game tour of Update 12!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #30 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:25pm:
This is from the ZAM article.

Now, I know that a lot of tour information has already been released by various other sites, so I cheekily asked my guides, Executive Producer http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png Paiz and Producer Erik Boyer, if they could tell me something brand new. So they did. They also said they would be telling everyone else very soon, so I panicked and now here I am with my precious information.

Now I can say you heard it here first...ish! DDO's Update 12 will be officially shipping on November 9th. Stay tuned this week or early next week for ZAM's "much more entertaining than anyone else's*" in-game tour of Update 12!

I read the ZAM article and even posted certain parts of it in the thread earlier.

If you honestly think Fern@ndo or the Boyer guy told the ZAM guy what the Officail date of release was for Update 12, well...I have a bridge to sell you.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:31pm:
If you honestly think Fern@ndo or the Boyer guy told the ZAM guy what the Officail date of release was for Update 12, well...I have a bridge to sell you.

I am seriously disappointed in you. You move out to Idaho, Utah, or whatever backwoods militia state you moved to and now everything is a conspiracy theory.

The easiest solution, is the the solution. He interviewed those two, and they told him the release date. It is not some magic bullet email from an unknown Turbine employee that went through Regan's chest and Kennedy's head to land in that guys inbox.

Really, are you even reading your posts?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:44pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #32 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:41pm:
I am seriously disappointed in you. You move out to Idaho, Utah, or whatever backwoods militia state you moved to and now everything is a conspiracy theory.

The easiest solution, is the the solution. He interviewed those two, and they told him the release date. It is not some magic bullet email from an unknown Turbine employee that went through Regan's chest and Kennedy's head to land in that guys inbox.

Really, are you even reading your posts?

Sorry, this part makes no sense...

Quote:
Now I can say you heard it here first...ish! DDO's Update 12 will be officially shipping on November 9th.

...especially when you have this part as context...

Quote:
so I cheekily asked my guides, Executive Producer http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png Paiz and Producer Erik Boyer, if they could tell me something brand new. So they did. They also said they would be telling everyone else very soon, so I panicked and now here I am with my precious information.

Are you suggesting the guy basically took what Fern@ndo told him (probably in confidence) and just blew any chance he had of getting any future scoops by releasing the information before Turbine released it to everyone else?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:04pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
To further Stainer's point. Fernando loves doing this stuff. He has done this several times in the past with other web sites in both video form and written form.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:02pm:
Are you suggesting the guy basically took what Fern@ndo told him (probably in confidence) and just blew any chance he had of getting any future scoops by releasing the information before Turbine released it to everyone else?

There's also the possibility that Fernando said "Hey, if you want the first scoop on this, you'd better hurry!"

So, you know.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #35 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  

It makes the most sense. What you are saying is this guy met with two Turbine executives, got a look at the new product, but got a secret email, from an unnamed Turbine employee, actually laying out the release date and putting their job at risk. That makes no sense. No sense at all.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #36 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:04pm:
There's also the possibility that http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png said "Hey, if you want the first scoop on this, you'd better hurry!"

So, you know.

Hmmm...now THAT'S a good point.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:41pm:
It is not some magic bullet email from an unknown Turbine employee that went through Regan's chest and Kennedy's head to land in that guys inbox.

But wait, look at the video! The trajectory!!! How can you say this... Sad

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Sorry, this part makes no sense...

...especially when you have this part as context...

No he "panicked" because he wanted to be the first to publish it before they sent out info to others. The article is poorly written in some lame attempt to look like he is a fanboi given awesome new info. Like i said this is typical Fernando giving an exclusive heads up to one site to foster excitement from the writer.

Here is an example from a tentonhammer interview from last year where he spills the beans on update 6

Question: What’s in store for DDO in the future? Have you guys planned update 6 already? What can players look forward to?

Quote:
Answer: Yes, absolutely on the update 6 question. In fact, update 6 is largely done and ready to be released to players. I guess I’ll give you guys first dibs and tell you that it will be coming in August. That update features a whole new adventure pack for level 9 players as well as epic mode, which is level 20 mode so that our capped characters can go in and play and get all their treasure upgraded to epic. The new adventure pack takes place in a new swamp wilderness area. It’s our first wilderness for quite a while and a needed one for level 9, where there currently isn’t one. It includes a Sahuagin city that is located underwater, and eventually the players will get to play the capstone adventure of that adventure pack fully underwater, which is really great. Our artists and content guys did a really great job with it.

here is the full interview

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/87083/page/2

I could cite more interviews but I am too lazy right now.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #39 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No he "panicked" because he wanted to be the first to publish it before they sent out info to others. The article is poorly written in some lame attempt to look like he is a fanboi given awesome new info. Like i said this is typical http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png giving an exclusive heads up to one site to foster excitement from the writer.

Here is an example from a tentonhammer interview from last year where he spills the beans on update 6

Question: What’s in store for DDO in the future? Have you guys planned update 6 already? What can players look forward to?

here is the full interview

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/87083/page/2

I could cite more interviews but I am too lazy right now.

Thanks arko. Your point plus Oak's above makes thing much more clear and sensible.

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
If you have read interviews it always sounds like he is deciding on the spot to give out this precious scoop. Make no mistake he knows exactly going in what he will reveal and what will not be talked about. He just makes it sound good
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:15pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint