Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDOCAST (Read 37234 times)
Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: DDOCAST
Reply #50 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 9:25pm:
The whole Keeper dracolich ties in with the Abbot story line no? Isnt the keeper referenced maybe by the guy who first gives the shroud quest in Meridia?

Here's the deal.
The Sovereign Host isn't actually one god.  The Host is, as the name implies, a coalition of gods.  The Sov Host are the group of gods devoted to all the goodie two shoes shit.
You know the Devourer that is referenced all over the place, like Korthos for example?  He's part of a coalition known as the Dark Six.  The Dark Six are basically the opposites of the Sov Host.
The Keeper is one of the Dark Six as well, as is the Mockery (ie: Mockery Monks in Monastery).

To be honest I never actually paid much attention to the actually storyline behind the Abbot, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Keeper were featured in it.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Keeper has little or nothing to do with the abbot storyline.

The abbot is just a wannabe lich that had discovered a way to use several books of prophecy to draw power directly from Dolurrh, to turn himself into a god. The shroud tie-in is that when we beat the abbot, dolurrh gets shifted out of its usual orbit, and the resulting changes in all planar orbits opens up an opportunity for Shavarath to manifest in the Vale of Twilight, where Lamannia usually manifests.

Dark six isn't necessarily evil, either. The Traveller is one of the dark six, and he is strictly neutral.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #52 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dark six isn't necessarily evil, either. The Traveller is one of the dark six, and he is strictly neutral.

Yes, but now we're getting into motivations on why the Dark Six, who used to be a part of the Host, were cast out and became the Dark Six.
For explanation purposes it's easier to just say the Six oppose the Host and leave it at that because the Dark Six, as a whole, is evil.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:18pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:13pm:
Yes, but now we're getting into motivations on why the Dark Six, who used to be a part of the Host, were cast out and became the Dark Six.
For explanation purposes it's easier to just say the Six oppose the Host and leave it at that because the Dark Six, as a whole, is evil.

Here is the Eberron Pantheon

Sovereign Host
The Sovereign Host is the most commonly worshipped pantheon of deities in Khorvaire. Most followers worship the Host as a whole, offering prayers to different deities in different situations. Clerics are often devoted to the entire pantheon instead of a specific patron deity. The pantheon as a whole is neutral good. The Host's favored weapon is the longsword.
Arawai is the neutral good deity of fertility, plant life and abundance. She is the sister of Balinor and the Devourer, and the mother of the Fury. Her domains are Good, Life, Plant and Weather, and her favored weapon is the morningstar.
Aureon is the lawful neutral deity of lore and magic. He is the brother of Onatar, the husband of Boldrei and the origin of the Shadow. His domains are Knowledge, Law and Magic, and his favored weapon is the quarterstaff.
Balinor is the neutral deity of hunting and animal life. He is the brother of Arawai and the Devourer. His domains are Air, Animal and Earth, and his favored weapon is the battleaxe.
Boldrei is the lawful good deity of community. She is the wife of Aureon. Her domains are Community, Good, Law and Protection, and her favored weapon is the spear.
Dol Arrah is the lawful good deity of honorable combat, self-sacrifice and sunlight. She is the sister of Dol Dorn and the Mockery. Her domains are Good, Law, Sun and War, and her favored weapon is the halberd.
Dol Dorn is the chaotic good deity of bodily strength and martial training. He is the brother of Dol Arrah and the Mockery. His domains are Chaos, Good, Strength and War, and his favored weapon is the longsword.
Kol Korran is the neutral deity of trade and money. He is the son of Olladra and Onatar, and the twin brother of the Keeper. His domains are Charm, Commerce and Travel, and his favored weapon is the mace.
Olladra is the neutral good deity of luck and plenty. She is the wife of Onatar and the mother of Kol Korran and the Keeper. Her domains are Feast, Good, Healing and Luck, and her favored weapon is the sickle.
Onatar is the neutral good deity of crafts, industry and fire. He is the brother of Aureon, the husband of Olladra and the father of Kol Korran and the Keeper. His domains are Artifice, Fire and Good, and his favored weapon is the warhammer.
[edit]Dark Six
The Dark Six are deities cast out of the Sovereign Host because of their evil ways. Like most gods of Eberron, the Dark Six do not have any direct influence in the world, and there is no conclusive evidence that they even exist. The Dark Six are worshipped by criminals, outcasts, and various monsters. However, many good-aligned characters pay tribute to them—a sailor might make an offering to appease the Devourer, to ensure his next voyage will not be hindered by the sea god. The Dark Six scheme against the Sovereign Host, each for differing reasons, and their followers likewise scheme against followers of the Sovereign Host.
The Devourer is the neutral evil deity of the destructive power of nature. He is the brother of Arawai and the father of the Fury. His domains are Destruction, Evil, Water and Weather, and his favored weapon is the trident.
The Fury is the neutral evil deity of passion driven to madness. She is the daughter of Arawai and the Devourer. Her domains are Evil, Madness and Passion, and her favored weapon is the rapier.
The Keeper is the neutral evil deity of death and decay. He is the son of Olladra and Onatar, and the twin brother of Kol Korran. His domains are Death, Decay and Evil, and his favored weapon is the scythe.
The Mockery is the neutral evil deity of treachery over honor. He is the brother of Dol Arrah and Dol Dorn. His domains are Destruction, Evil, Trickery and War, and his favored weapon is the kama.
The Shadow is the chaotic evil deity of dark magic and the corruption of nature. He is the literal shadow of Aureon. His domains are Chaos, Evil, Magic and Shadow, and his favored weapon is the quarterstaff.
The Traveler is the chaotic neutral deity of cunning and deception. He seems to have no connection to other deities. His domains are Artifice, Chaos, Travel and Trickery, and his favored weapon is the scimitar.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #54 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Where did you get that from?  Because this:
Quote:
Dark Six
The Dark Six are deities cast out of the Sovereign Host because of their evil ways.

isn't entirely correct.  I was simplifying it a bit for explanation purposes, but since you seem to have copied that from somewhere I figured I'd set it straight.
The Host was once thirteen.  The Devourer, The Fury, The Keeper and The Mockery were once part of the Host, in addition to the nine listed.
The Shadow technically wasn't.  And no one knows from whence The Traveler came, but he was never part of The Host.  His origins and history are a mystery.

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:40pm:
Where did you get that from?  Because this:
isn't entirely correct.  I was simplifying it a bit for explanation purposes, but since you seem to have copied that from somewhere I figured I'd set it straight.
The Host was once thirteen.  The Devourer, The Fury, The Keeper and The Mockery were once part of the Host, in addition to the nine listed.
The Shadow technically wasn't.  And no one knows from whence The Traveler came, but he was never part of The Host.  His origins and history are a mystery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_of_Eberron#Sovereign_Host

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I think the people who subtly changed the subject from ddo2 expansion possibly to talks of the eberron whatever work for turbine to distract from the topic at hand.

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:03pm:
I think the people who subtly changed the subject from ddo2 expansion possibly to talks of the eberron whatever work for turbine to distract from the topic at hand.

the question is is this DDO2 or just an expansion of DDO to forgotten realms

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #58 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The real question is...does FR lag less than Eberron?

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

walkingwolfmike
Korthos Resident

STFU

Reply #59 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
So, don't fix lag and all the other bugs running around willy-nilly, let's make new worlds and what not. 

Smiley turbine

How 'bout a dose of Shut The Fuck Up?!

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Like I said a long time ago on ddo forums when all the exploits, bugs, lag, and crap was happening and not being fixed. Turbine wasn't caring because they now considered ddo a trial run so they can learn what to do right on there ddo2. :p

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Not gonna be a DDO2 they just gave us a new engine if they do anything they will release a expansion with a full or near full overhaul of the art assets plus a new starter area & stormreach style quest hub.

They have what despite woes about lack of LFMs recently is a very large install base and no competition in the active combat or D&D realm no reason to drop everything and try to make a new game from scratch

IP Logged

Roldon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
The real question is...does FR lag less than Eberron?

Think of how hard they'll have to nerf Drizzit to get rid of the lag... Why will no one think of the drow!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #63 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Roldon wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:14am:
Think of how hard they'll have to nerf Drizzit to get rid of the lag... Why will no one think of the drow!

For the same reason you don't think about question marks.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #64 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Quote:

Probably neither, as Eladiun explained here:

Eladiun wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 6:15pm:
The Underdark is featured prominently in the campaign settings World of Greyhawk and the Forgotten Realms. The concept of a dungeon that spanned a planet was first introduced by Gary Gygax in his D-series of game modules and at the end of the G-series. The Underdark is described in detail in the 1986 manual Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, by Doug Niles. It is also a part of the Eberron campaign setting, in which it is called Khyber and is home to a host of evil beings driven deep into the caverns at the end of the age of demons.

So DDO2, almost certainly not.
Expansion to FR?  Almost certainly not.
Expansion?  Probably, with the information we have at hand this seems the most likely.

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #65 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
IMO, I would rather see them expand to Korvaire or one of the other continents.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:21am
Print Post  
the other 2 go to ddo.com but not

ddomotu.com

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #67 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:27am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:21am:
the other 2 go to ddo.com but not

ddomotu.com

It isn't registered. Oopppsie

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:27am:

psh, facts are overrated Smiley

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #69 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:44am:
psh, facts are overrated Smiley

Arkohighstar and Oakianus got the info. I knew I couldn't trust them.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #70 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:49am:
Arkohighstar and Oakianus got the info. I knew I couldn't trust them.

Newsfeed!

lol, ok maybe not but still funny.  Grin

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Azrael
Korthos Resident

Elite Llama!

Reply #71 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:27am:

The domain referenced was ddo-motu.com Smiley

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #72 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Azrael wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:45am:
The domain referenced was ddo-motu.com Smiley

Reading is hard

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:53pm:
Like I said a long time ago on ddo forums when all the exploits, bugs, lag, and crap was happening and not being fixed. Turbine wasn't caring because they now considered ddo a trial run so they can learn what to do right on there ddo2. :p

I am starting to think the opposite may be true in this case.

They don't care because they are bringing on tons of people to expand the game through an expansion.

That is why we are getting Madfloyd bothering to talk to us now.  He is starting to get us used to the fact that they are making a huge changes to the basic game.

The enhancement changes alone are enormous to basic gameplay.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #74 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:58am:
I am starting to think the opposite may be true in this case.

They don't care because they are bringing on tons of people to expand the game through an expansion.

That is why we are getting Madfloyd bothering to talk to us now.  He is starting to get us used to the fact that they are making a huge changes to the basic game.

The enhancement changes alone are enormous to basic gameplay.

Madfloyd said this stuff was still several months out, so I bet we are a long way to an official announcement.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint