Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pets (Read 15717 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Pets
Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:45am
Print Post  
So, um, pets.

Does anyone here give a crap?  The only pet that I'd actually care about is the Shroud blades that was suggested on the other forums.  Other than that, I don't think I care about them currently.  It's possible that I might be interested in a pet beholder if it turned into a pumpkin beholder during Maban, but I certainly wouldn't buy one.

Mostly, I'm just glad that Turbine is adding more cosmetic things for people to buy since paying for fluff means that they can make money without adding more pay-to-win.

Is anyone here excited about pets?  Is there any pet that you'd actually pay for?

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Pets
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:47am
Print Post  
I want a pet lamb so I can attract more people from New Zealand into my groups.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:45am:
Is anyone here excited about pets?  Is there any pet that you'd actually pay for?

Not 'excited' per se, but there are a couple that might get my attention enough if it were to fit the character.  With that said, I may do a Drizzt clone just so I can die a lot in the marketplace or harbor and have the panther.  I wish we left corpses =(.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I want a pair of warforged legs.  No torso, just legs following me around.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:47am:

That's statutory over there. And you forgot the Welsh too.

Inb4 Calvet and Sweez make jokes.

Inb4 Maxwell posts a Hannibal Lector pic.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  

Now that's funny.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I, of course, want a kitty, but not enough to pay for one. I manage fine with summon scrolls and comedy summons.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I would rather see a shit ton of this stuff added to the game rather than any stat boosting items.  It would be my preference if they got rid of tomes, gear and any of the stat pots from the store.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Weve started doing Reaver ''pet tanking'' runs again. I love putting up LFM's asking for Vets rather than healers. Good fun run.

I do like my pet Dawwgy. Especially seeing as ER have banned it from their raids. Just because it ate a couple of disco balls and blew the odd cloud out. It was just being playful, some people have no sense of humour
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:22am by Kracky »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Meh, this is the type of shit that they sell to keep the casual gamers sending them money.  I hate that they spend precious development time on it but other MMO's have it so it's and expected feature.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:41am:
Meh, this is the type of shit that they sell to keep the casual gamers sending them money.  I hate that they spend precious development time on it but other MMO's have it so it's and expected feature.

If they hired people to focus on fluff the "precious development time" argument becomes more of a case for than against.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
If they are useful pets, like the dogs, and work out the bugs with them, I am fine with it.

The two bugs that annoy me with my Arti dog is when he climbs a ladder, he then stops doing anything and is stuck in a crouch position where I have to dismiss, recall and rebuff. The other issue is that the module won't stay with him when I dismiss, like the docent does.

If they are strictly cosmetic, I will just ignore them.

I would like to have a psuedodragon familiar for my wiz and sorc, but only if it has some use.

Panther/tigers or other cool animals that grow with your druid or ranger. It has potential to be fun and useful.

If they are to be useful, they also need slots for equipment to enhance their usefulness. Items like collars, harnesses/barding, maybe even items that fit on their legs and act as bracers or rings.

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:21am:
Weve started doing Reaver ''pet tanking'' runs again. I love putting up LFM's asking for Vets rather than healers. Good fun run.

I do like my pet Dawwgy. Especially seeing as ER have banned it from their raids. Just because it ate a couple of disco balls and blew the odd cloud out. It was just being playful, some people have no sense of humour

This must be Zexxi, because 1: no matter how stupid it is, he always summons the "dawwgy." and 2: his intense nerd rage against ER.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Hey Nope they don't call you Sherlock for nothing. !

I would like to point out my suitably sycophantic angst and nerdrage is for appearance only.

And their are certain situations where poor innocent Puppykins is a grade A pain in the Arse for Wizzies/Bards. You just have to weigh up the pro's and cons of upsetting said toons and falling over laughing

So my PuppyDawg fits into Stainer outside TV territory. If ya got it Flaunt It
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:28am by Kracky »  

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
My concerns are:

1) More lag/graphics load.  It's probably not going to amount to much, overall, especially since there'd be little reason to have them subject to physics checks.  Might be good to have a "Hide Cosmetic Pets" toggle, to help with low-resources systems.

2) Gameplay confusion.  It's minor, but having 12 pets running around could make things more cluttered and confusing than they should be.  I hope that they're completely ignored for targeting, even mouse targeting, at least outside of public spaces.

3) That they'll not be useless.  Paying for cosmetics?  Great.  Exactly how Turbine should be financing the game.  But if they have a function, then they become Pay2Win, and that's exactly what I don't want to see more of.  Cosmetic items should be cosmetic, period.  None of that "UMD bonus from Bunny Hats" nonsense.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:28am:
My concerns are:

1) More lag/graphics load.  It's probably not going to amount to much, overall, especially since there'd be little reason to have them subject to physics checks.  Might be good to have a "Hide Cosmetic Pets" toggle, to help with low-resources systems.

2) Gameplay confusion.  It's minor, but having 12 pets running around could make things more cluttered and confusing than they should be.  I hope that they're completely ignored for targeting, even mouse targeting, at least outside of public spaces.

3) That they'll not be useless.  Paying for cosmetics?  Great.  Exactly how Turbine should be financing the game.  But if they have a function, then they become Pay2Win, and that's exactly what I don't want to see more of.  Cosmetic items should be cosmetic, period.  None of that "UMD bonus from Bunny Hats" nonsense.

1) It almost guaranteed.
2) I'm hoping they are public area only.
3) This will eventually come to pass.  The pet fox gives a +1 staking Intel.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I am already planning my rage when 11 tards release their fucking pets in a Shroud with me.  #(*&%(*#^*@^$(*)&#*

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am already planning my rage when 11 tards release their fucking pets in a Shroud with me.  #(*&%(*#^*@^$(*)&#*

Aren't they supposed to be public instances only?

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

Well I wasn't really interested in getting one before, but now...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:41am:
Well I wasn't really interested in getting one before, but now...

I can't wait to tell her they are cosmetic only and do nothing in game.

I will probably do it after she makes 3 people rage quit.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Have your kitty type something in party chat.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:44am:
Have your kitty type something in party chat.

She never puts the kitty in time out.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:47am
Print Post  

Stainer and his lamb

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
1. I would like to see arti's have more options than just iron defender at some point & time - cosmetic only

2. I would like to see cosmetic pets that can only be gotten from some random drop (like soloing the shroud, or killing the dragon in prey on the hunter, or one of the kobold shaman rare's in that dragonshard quest in the harbor no one runs except bards).  But you know, something that says in the cosmetic pet description "Found this pet in the chest after soloing Suulomades little brother Steve at level 8 with a rogue" or whatever...

3. I would like to see "build your own pet" creations.  Get a drow pet & scorpion pet & "combine" them into one of those crazy scorrow things; but have these horrible chimera recipies so you have warforge scout legs + dragon wings + vale rat head THING that follows you around.... it would be fun!

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 at 10:08am:
I, of course, want a kitty, but not enough to pay for one. I manage fine with summon scrolls and comedy summons.

Same here, I'd eventually like a kitty... but no way I'm going to pay for it, except maybe in plat.

They decided to put pets in game probably because they seem to sell well in other games.

Now, in all fairness, in DDO the only pets that are worth spending things on are Ranger Animal Friends, Druid Animal Friends, the artificer tincan pet and Mage Pets. Fluff for fluff *shrug* sure if it costs nothing.

While spending time in creating pets they should also spend some time in doing a pet pond... Because if they can be lost like the iron defenders it's going to be impossible to move in the market soon.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint