Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Tolero admits melee aren't "stronger spec'd" [sic] (Read 17470 times)
Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Re: Tolero admits melee aren't "stronger spec'd" [sic]
Reply #25 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'll do these before threnal, but that's really not saying anything.

She left out the vale, VoN and GH, which I would include as "meat and potatoes" packs.

Yes, but everyone already buys those.  So no need to advertise include them in her guide.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:47pm by Osharan Tregarth »  

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Damn it, OT, I was going to get all butthurt by your typo, and you fixed it to fast.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 5:27pm:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!  He is going to get exactly Jack Shit for winning but he comes in 1st place!  Everyone else besides Stainer is now officially a LOSER!

Awww.  Sad

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #28 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:48pm:
Damn it, OT, I was going to get all butthurt by your typo, and you fixed it to fast.

I'm sorry.

(I'm not really sorry)

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #29 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 5:06pm:
Typically no.  When I see her name as the OP of a thread, I know it will be a complete waste of oxygen to sit and breathe while trying to comprehend what she is saying.  Kind of the same way when I see something posted by you pony loving fuckers!

I'm not completely sure but I kinda think you might not like me.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
I don't think it's a case of stupidity as much as it's a case of not investing dozens of hours every week into perfecting the art of playing the game.  And who can blame her?  Tongue 

I also thought the "Stronger Spec'd" line was more about the idea of multiple TRs and builds built by people with more experience with their class than she had, but I could be wrong.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #31 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
DDO store hirelings are invaluable for soloing… Quests that you don’t want to do on elite and you don’t want to disrupt your bravery streak.

Oakianus wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:17pm:
I also thought the "Stronger Spec'd" line was more about the idea of multiple TRs and builds built by people with more experience with their class than she had, but I could be wrong.

I read it as “Having guildies carry me through quests.”  Sometimes a guildies value is in their personality rather then their playstyle.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:06am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 5:19pm:
My goal today was to piss off every fucker I can across and I am doing a very good job of it today.  Speaking of which, you know what you can "Cap"!

Excessive pointy punctuation stabbed me in the eyes.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:32pm by Grace »  

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #33 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Oh, Tolero - 20 point jump potions? Really? Really?

henchies and res cakes, fine. My major beef with her adventure list is 3BC given it's fucking useless.

I have no recall of the thing in the middle so clearly it was neither positive or negative

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #34 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 3:04pm:
I don't think she's saying melee are weak as much as that she's a weak player.

The rest of the "5 essential items for soloing in DDO" pretty much cement that.

K wait a minute who said tolero is a she???

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #35 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:39pm:
K wait a minute who said tolero is a she???

Tolero is a She. She also used to be a big DDO fangirl, and had videos and stuff.

From what I understand she wasn't very good, but very prominent.

Lrn2Rsrch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #36 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Turbine tends to hire their biggest fangirls/fanboys. You can see how well that generally works out.

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #37 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:43pm:
Tolero is a She. She also used to be a big DDO fangirl, and had videos and stuff.

From what I understand she wasn't very good, but very prominent.

Lrn2Rsrch.

KK wait a minute what if I am huge fan boy/girl or shim but I'm a plumber?

They hire me and I create content anyway???
Shocked Cheesy Cry

Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #38 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
The fangirls/fanguys get hired to moderate the forums, and be the Turbine presence at conventions*. That is how Cordovan and Tolero got their jobs.

The content is made by the Developers, who incubate at Turbine, then apparently leave the nest to spread their wings...

http://reckoning.amalur.com/

* at PAX Prime 2011, there were no forum mods present, so that may have changed due to WB degree.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:12pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #39 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:12pm:
The fangirls/fanguys get hired to moderate the forums, and be the Turbine presence at conventions*. That is how Cordovan and Tolero got their jobs.

The content is made by the Developers, who incubate at Turbine, then apparently leave the nest to spread their wings...

http://reckoning.amalur.com/

* at PAX Prime 2011, there were no forum mods present, so that may have changed due to WB degree.

Well of course this is disturbing right?

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #40 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:14pm:
Well of course this is disturbing right?
About PAX 2011:

They  sent a few generic PR-types who didn't seem to know dick about the game. Oh, and they sent ... so I'll just let that information stand on it's own.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:27am by Memnir »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #41 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:26am:
About PAX 2011:

They  sent a few generic PR-types who didn't seem to know dick about the game. Oh, and they sent http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png ... so I'll just let that information stand on it's own.  Smiley

I talked with FlimsyFirewood at Pax East.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #42 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:47am:
I talked with FlimsyFirewood at Pax East.
Sorry - should have re-qualified that as PAX Prime 2011. Smiley

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 2:57am
Print Post  
C´mon, people, that was like this:

"Tolero, write some shit, it is your turn" "What, do I have to?" "Yes, you have to".
Then she wrote the shit and that was it.
I write shit everyday for my customers. Then I go home and drink a beer and say "fuck you all, fucking fuck customers".

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 4:27am
Print Post  
OMG, I feel dumber and I thinking my player skills just took a dive after reading that.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 11:03pm:
KK wait a minute what if I am huge fan boy/girl or shim but I'm a plumber?

They hire me and I create content anyway???
Shocked Cheesy Cry

Tolero is forum mod or community person or something. Not a dev. But that's too difficult. All those yellow names Turbine staff at the forums are devs, just yell at them and they will make a better game, I'm sure.

Infant

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #46 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'll do these before threnal, but that's really not saying anything.

She left out the vale, VoN and GH, which I would include as "meat and potatoes" packs.

Edit: I fucked up and quoted the wrong post but I'm too lazy to fix it.

I think the fact that she included 3-barrel as "Essential" for solo indicates that she is aware of and utilizes the Fire Caves experience "exploit". Which must mean it is not an exploit after all  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:27am by Dr_tank2vich »  

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #47 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
  I'm a fairly relaxed and easy going player who likes to chase butterflies more than beat down monsters, so the idea of having to play quests - without having stronger spec'd friends in party to lean on - was kind of scary.

I took that to mean "without a bunch of big strong men to help poor little ol' me."

That list would make a lot more sense if one got all one's TP for free...  True, I have bought the odd gold seal or spirit cake, but certainly not every time I solo without my menfolk.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
I just send Turbine points to stainer and make him my gold seal hireling.  EL STAINER!

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #49 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I just send Turbine points to stainer and make him my gold seal hireling.  EL STAINER!

The AI's about the same.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint