Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) DQ Solo Raid Tips? (Read 20036 times)
Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

DQ Solo Raid Tips?
Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Gonna try running this solo on my cleric and on my Arti for pretty much everything.  This isn't a raid I've traveled much but I've ran it enough times to know I can solo it.  Mostly normal diff, fairly crappy gear on both by comparison.

For my arti it seems fairly straight forward:  Fusillade, Many Shot, Fusillade w/ strength sapping, loot.  Curious on the cleric how to handle the enrage.  As I understand the basics to be: dot w/ aura up, sprinkle harms & comets, (Rage), ?????

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Re: DQ Solo Raid Tips?
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:38am
Print Post  
You forgot kiring through BBs.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Quote:

This is a new tactic.  Explain to me please!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

Kiring!  I've never Kired before!  Can you draw me a diagram?

On a serious note; can she be exhausted on normal still to slow her down?  I think my cleric has enough UMD to be able to scroll ray/waves.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:41am:
Kiring!  I've never Kired before!  Can you draw me a diagram?

On a serious note; can she be exhausted on normal still to slow her down?  I think my cleric has enough UMD to be able to scroll ray/waves.

It doesn't have the slow effect on bosses- difficulty doesn't make a difference.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:48am:
It doesn't have the slow effect on bosses- difficulty doesn't make a difference.

Thanks, not wasting the time then.  I've seen so many conflicting reports I wanted to confirm.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:01am:
Thanks, not wasting the time then.  I've seen so many conflicting reports I wanted to confirm.

NP

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:25am
Print Post  
My phonr is hard to use.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
My phonr is hard to use.

Let me guess, you have the Zoolander model?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Exhaustion/fatigue "works" on everything that's not innately immune (constructs, Suulomades for some reason) but the slowing part doesn't affect red/purple names. The -6 Str/Dex from exhaustion still affects them, though, which can be a decent debuff for situations where you have an AC tank or whatever.

If you want to pay2win, you can kite her around with Missle-toe FVS style.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
cleric? shield block + DP + quickened heals and you'll be fine. especially on normal.

« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:10pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:10pm:
cleric? shield block + DP + quickened heals and you'll be fine. especially on normal.

Crappy Cove buckler didn't hold up on hard when I was duo'ing with a friend.  With only 411hp I blinked, healed and ran lol. Was going to go with the 'Run screaming dropping blade barriers' strategy just in case.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:05pm:
Exhaustion/fatigue "works" on everything that's not innately immune (constructs, Suulomades for some reason) but the slowing part doesn't affect red/purple names. The -6 Str/Dex from exhaustion still affects them, though, which can be a decent debuff for situations where you have an AC tank or whatever.

If you want to pay2win, you can kite her around with Missle-toe FVS style.

I'd bet it doesn't work on Sully because of Mantle. It's probably based off of Ray of Exhaustion or something, the way Sunburst and Cyclonic Blast don't work on Abbot (b/c they incorporate the level 2 Blindness and Gust of Wind somehow).

The -3 damage/hit is actually not a bad deal on the Queen, though, considering just how many times she hits you when you're shield blocking. It's an extra DR 3/- if you can manage it. And the more DR/temp hp procs/etc that you can stack, the better.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:48pm:
Crappy Cove buckler didn't hold up on hard when I was duo'ing with a friend.  With only 411hp I blinked, healed and ran lol. Was going to go with the 'Run screaming dropping blade barriers' strategy just in case.

Running it on a 20? I'm not sure what the blocking DR is on the cove shield, but a hound shield would be ideal, since it has 15 blocking DR. A standard +5 steel tower has 9 (iirc). Don't forget divine power to bring your BAB up to 20 (assuming you're level 20) since blocking DR is BAB/2 + the shield's DR. I think. I'm certainly not a DR expert, so I could be feeding you totally false information.

Another thing is, depending on what armor you wear and what your alignment is, a blood rage outfit of superior stability with a LGA (for +20 HP). With as much as that bitch swings, you'll be bloodraged all the time, increasing your HP significantly. Can also throw lifeshield on a +5 tower shield for extra temp HP procs. Every little bit helps!
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:23pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:21pm:
Running it on a 20? I'm not sure what the blocking DR is on the cove shield, but a hound shield would be ideal, since it has 15 blocking DR. A standard +5 steel tower has 9 (iirc). Don't forget divine power to bring your BAB up to 20 (assuming you're level 20) since blocking DR is BAB/2 + the shield's DR. I think. I'm certainly not a DR expert, so I could be feeding you totally false information.
  That would require me running hounds that don't fail on Sarlona....pugs mind you.  Madness.  You are spot on the DR though.  Cove Shield is solid, but not Lorrik's.

rest wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:21pm:
Another thing is, depending on what armor you wear and what your alignment is, a blood rage outfit of superior stability with a LGA (for +20 HP). With as much as that bitch swings, you'll be bloodraged all the time, increasing your HP significantly. Can also throw lifeshield on a +5 tower shield for extra temp HP procs. Every little bit helps!

Tier3 Cav Plate and Lawful Good = butter to her hot knife.  I have a Tharaak Bracer I'm running now till I can get into some better stuff, it's 3dr will help.  I need a GS HP and SP/ConOpp items, Lorrik's, Napkin, etc.  I do have a couple Amrath necks and belts though.  I found if I'm not 'fraid to chug some pots I can get through those on elite pretty easily.   We are only up to the MGA's as well =(.  53 almost 54.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:35pm by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:33pm:
  That would require me running hounds that don't fail on Sarlona....pugs mind you.  Madness.  You are spot on the DR though.  Cove Shield is solid, but not Lorrik's.

Tier3 Cav Plate and Lawful Good = butter to her hot knife.  I have a Tharaak Bracer I'm running now till I can get into some better stuff, it's 3dr will help.  I need a GS HP and SP/ConOpp items, Lorrik's, Napkin, etc.  I do have a couple Amrath necks and belts though.  I found if I'm not 'fraid to chug some pots I can get through those on elite pretty easily. 

If you need help running DQ on Sarlona for completions, shoot me a message. I've got a wizard, a FvS and a cleric who can help. Lately I've been running my TRs Khanstantin and Krombie during the week, and one of my 20's the rest of the time. If you're in the defense channel (/joinchannel defense) I'm in there making snide comments. Just ask if rest is on and if I am, I'll reply.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:40pm by rest »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I haven't seen a single hound pug fail since I started playing again months ago. All of them hard. Not a single one. Maybe you need to choose your pugs more carefully? Cheesy

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #17 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:39pm:
If you need help running DQ on Sarlona for completions, shoot me a message. I've got a wizard, a FvS and a cleric who can help. Lately I've been running my TRs Khanstantin and Krombie during the week, and one of my 20's the rest of the time. If you're in the defense channel (/joinchannel defense) I'm in there making snide comments. Just ask if rest is on and if I am, I'll reply.

My main raid time is on Thursdays and Fridays during the morning/day.  My nights are either with my normal buddies or my wife. I will join the channel though.  Some social interaction is good...especially with people that don't suck & aren't engaged in rectal cranial inversion.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #18 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:27pm:
I haven't seen a single hound pug fail since I started playing again months ago. All of them hard. Not a single one. Maybe you need to choose your pugs more carefully? Cheesy

I haven't ran one since December I think.  I beat one on my fighter but, it was ugly and I wrote it off for a while lol.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:29pm:
aren't engaged in rectal cranial inversion.

Well.... that channel is a mixed bag. It was set up as a "learning" channel so the skill set isn't always great. And sometime a few of the people in there just need to shut the fuck up. But there are some decent people.

It's the easiest way to find me, unless you want a list of all my toons. None of the other 3 channels I am in are public. That one is, and it's not password protected.

My play times are most evenings 6pm-12am MST and sporadically on Sat/Sun

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:28am:
Let me guess, you have the Zoolander model?

I only kite clockwise.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #21 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
What rest said.

Bigger shield
Divine Power for BAB increase (boosts blocking DR)
Body slot DR (you get both shield and body DR)
Lifeshield, concordant opposition, and whatever other stacking temp hp procs you can get
Divine Punishment
Ignore Genies

When she is swinging, you are blocking.  You have openings between her swings to heal and re-dot.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:29pm:
My main raid time is on Thursdays and Fridays during the morning/day.  My nights are either with my normal buddies or my wife. I will join the channel though.  Some social interaction is good...especially with people that don't suck & aren't engaged in rectal cranial inversion.

Aside from a few mildly retarded kids there are some decent people in there.

Tuesdays,Thursdays, and Saturdays are currently good times to catch me on for loot runs.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 6:10pm:
Aside from a few mildly retarded kids there are some decent people in there.

Tuesdays,Thursdays, and Saturdays are currently good times to catch me on for loot runs.

Maybe it's time for me to join and degrade it a bit further then.  What's your policy on raging at channel members who don't listen?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #24 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Divine Punishment + as much spearblock as you can find + Blade Barriers + more Divine Punishment is my recipe.

fnord

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint