Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Servants of the Overlord, Elite @ level shortman (Read 7970 times)
Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Servants of the Overlord, Elite @ level shortman
Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Another one for the pile of loldifficult quests to go along with In the Flesh.

Or am I wrong to think that Dungeon Alert Orange On CR 25-28 mobs in a level 17 quest is a wee over the top?

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Re: Servants of the Overlord, Elite @ level shortman
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
ill bet shade could solo it.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Bard or arcane with ridiculous spell pen. It can be controlled, and controlled more easily than In the Flesh in fact.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I like that the second quest on elite is more difficult than the first on epic.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:16am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:57pm:
Bard or arcane with ridiculous spell pen. It can be controlled, and controlled more easily than In the Flesh in fact.

I'll be able to find out next life with Bard Dil lol.  This life, crowd control = Paralyzing weapons!

Glenalth wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:29pm:
I like that the second quest on elite is more difficult than the first on epic.

This does not surprise me.  We walked through CC and Rainbow last night and got plowed in Servents.  Best I can tell is it has no scaling on elite.  3 man or 6 man it appears you end up with the exact same dungeon.  Haven't checked solo yet.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:17am by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:16am:
This does not surprise me.  We walked through CC and Rainbow last night and got plowed in Servents.  Best I can tell is it has no scaling on elite.  3 man or 6 man it appears you end up with the exact same dungeon.  Haven't checked solo yet.

I haven't seen many quests where dungeon scaling really works. Most seem to have the same number mobs with the same CR, no matter if solo or full party.

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Elite doesn't scale.  Only normal and hard are supposed to.  According to the devs anyways.  If you want confirmation go to ddo.com and look it up yourself.

Now, if they coded it correctly is another story.  I have not noticed any difference on elite solo vs full grp though for difficulty.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Well, this looks like some crazy dungeon scaling to me: http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1329838325

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:37am:
Elite doesn't scale.  Only normal and hard are supposed to.  According to the devs anyways.  If you want confirmation go to ddo.com and look it up yourself.

Now, if they coded it correctly is another story.  I have not noticed any difference on elite solo vs full grp though for difficulty.

I can't tell if the scaling is working correctly or if they borked the difficulty.  Assault on Stormreach and those quests seem fine, as does Lord of Eyes, but ITF and Web just seem 'off' compared to other stuff.

For example, a CR 25 Fire Reaver feels WAY different than a CR 25 Orthon in both HP and damage dealt aside from DBF's.  The Reavers in ITF are tougher/more damage than the Reavers in Delirium, same level, diff time periods.  I'm kinda ready to mark it up to power creep.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #9 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:37am:

Pretty sure there was a recent dev post saying that elite does scale, though minimally.

Many of the newer quests also have mechanics for having more critters for bigger parties.

As for Servants, elite solo on my ranger wasn't too bad while a full party made things damned exciting. Full group got red alerts while I never saw anything past a green.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Looks like someone just did it epic solo on Orien

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=365646

171 monsters killed.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 3:47pm:
Looks like someone just did it epic solo on Orien

Hurray for instant 'You suck' value.

I'm curious what the pot total was.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:03pm:
Hurray for instant 'You suck' value.

I'm curious what the pot total was.

I ran an epic of that quest in a pug on Orien a few days ago. The tactics used involved rounding up groups of mobs and killing them with AoE from safe spots such as near ladders - boring. The way they did the end fight was cheesy and lame, but the others in the group didn't see it as remotely possible any other way due to the number of mobs respawning, drow SR, and the bug with Mass Suggestion.

To start the respawns, someone would pull the lever, go through, set up a d-door, and trigger the end fight, before escaping via d-door. You can shoot some spells and auras through the drow control barrier, from the safe side. Once the respawns were all dead, they went in and killed the boss and the archers.

With three shrines in there, and if he saved two, he could possibly have done it that way, and with a few SP clickies like a Bauble, I doubt he used many pots at all. I think I hit a pug with him in it doing Dreaming Dark farming last week, and he's in a different league from normal players like me.

I also ran that quest on elite on a FvS at 18 (group was 18-20), and it was challenging - the end fight was a bit of a blur, but we probably only shrined once along the way.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 11:03am:
Pretty sure there was a recent dev post saying that elite does scale, though minimally.

Many of the newer quests also have mechanics for having more critters for bigger parties.

In my experience this life it is true that some scaling does occur.  Our elite streak is at 112*, so we aren't limping/gimping through.  HP being the biggest change as well as to some minor cases damage.  Neither however was occurring in Servants or Flesh which I think is where our issue arose from being only a 3 man party.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 11:03am:

As for Servants, elite solo on my ranger wasn't too bad while a full party made things damned exciting. Full group got red alerts while I never saw anything past a green.

I am unaware of recent postings.  I stopped going over there months ago.  So they adapted the end fight of bauble farm quest to newer stuff? Interesting.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 6:44am
Print Post  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Gasoline
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I was gone for a while and just hit lvl 17 the other day. I was pretty happy about running the new quests (new to me anyway).

So i joined a pug, we walked right through Lords of dusts elite. The group wasnt anything special but part 1 was easy so i thought no biggie.

Enter Servants, kill some fire reavers and rakashas....fine.
1st set of drow basically causes a wipe but luckily this bard gets a few stones and gets up the ladder. So we get ourselves back in order, toss the healer a pot and continue.

At this point im thinking, "Well its just the SR, just need to go slower and change the approch, new quest to all of us theres going to be some bumps."

Long story short we waisted alot of our resorses going twards an optional chest. We didnt use spoilers so where just learning as we went. Sometime later we did wipe, and while we could have tried to regroup we ended up licking or wounds and calling it a night.

The next day i got a few guildies that had actually done the quest before together and we returned with a plan.

The quest was still very tough IMO. We had quite a few deaths, I dont mind the challenge and this quest brings it. It was actually nice to run into some content while leveling that we didnt just over power tactic our way through. Pulling and patience are key. It reminded me that TRing makes you a worse player, lol. Cant just wail/hold/wail/hold/haste/endchest all the time Smiley

That said compared to Lord of Dusts its overpowered i think.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:21pm by Gasoline »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Elite absolutely scales, and not a 'little', unless there have been some recent changes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint