Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bard build question... (Read 28445 times)
Diogenes
Ex Member

Re: Bard build question...
Reply #50 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Can't change genders on TR, right? I'd have to make a helf male...bleh. Oh, well, won't have to look it in the face terribly often...can keep the spider mask on.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Can't change genders on TR, right? I'd have to make a helf male...bleh. Oh, well, won't have to look it in the face terribly often...can keep the spider mask on.

And thus become Liza Menelly.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #52 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:30pm:
Why not 16/2/2?  You get pretty much jack from the extra bard level.

Not much from the fighter level either. Already have a 16/2/2 decided to try something different.

Quote:

Why edges? Why not the desert khopesh?

Edit: epic dynastic falcata. < that one. http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Dynastic_Falcata

1. Khopesh costs a feat.
2. The rapier is more bard friendly with anthem, inspiring echoes, superior devotion 6  and charisma 7 (which the khopesh has, I'll admit). It also has cacophony which is like a sonic version of a disintegrate proc. Better overall weapon, even if the base damage is lower and the crit profile worse, as I likely won't take imp crit.

Got my second Epic Elyd crafted last night.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:16pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:16pm:
Not much from the fighter level either. Already have a 16/2/2 decided to try something different.

1. Khopesh costs a feat.
2. The rapier is more bard friendly with anthem, inspiring echoes, superior devotion 6  and charisma 7 (which the khopesh has, I'll admit). It also has cacophony which is like a sonic version of a disintegrate proc. Better overall weapon, even if the base damage is lower and the crit profile worse, as I likely won't take imp crit.

Got my second Epic Elyd crafted last night.  Smiley

Well if you aren't going for max deeps (and if you go twf on a bard, you aren't) I suppose not going Khopesh makes sense.

Although if you wanted to, you could male both and swing the peshes around at a -4 on Harry or something.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #54 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well if you aren't going for max deeps (and if you go twf on a bard, you aren't) I suppose not going Khopesh makes sense.

Although if you wanted to, you could male both and swing the peshes around at a -4 on Harry or something.

The rapiers are silver, so I'd only need weapons of good to bypass DR Wink Not true for the khopesh. Plus harry is lawful evil, so the true law and axiomatic burst do exactly jack shit against him.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I put Good into the red slot on my Elyd Edge, but to be fair, that was before Arties.  Tongue  I guess the +1/+1 is worth it when you're usually going to be able to get Good when you need it.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #56 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Really my bard doesn't plan on being a front line melee in most raids. Back-up heals ftw. I also have an epic mask of comedy for the major healing lore.

She actually has a shit load of lame epic items, just because I had the stuff and no one to put it on. Shimmering pendant, robe of dissonance, elyd edges, mask of comedy, rodericl's wand. eventually maybe i'll put some greensteel on her  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2012 at 3:24pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Rodericks is awesome for elite Hound.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 3:18pm:
Really my bard doesn't plan on being a front line melee in most raids. Back-up heals ftw. I also have an epic mask of comedy for the major healing lore.

She actually has a shit load of lame epic items, just because I had the stuff and no one to put it on. Shimmering pendant, robe of dissonance, elyd edges, mask of comedy, rodericl's wand. eventually maybe i'll put some greensteel on her  Cheesy

You make me weep once again for the Bard that Akrites once was.  Sad  When I get him back to cap, he'll have a 42 DC disco ball, so I guess it was worth the TRing bullshit.  Tongue

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 4:39pm:
You make me weep once again for the Bard that Akrites once was.

Piking ftw?

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:30pm:
Piking ftw?

Oak is Hordo alternate?

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #61 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Any thoughts on going 15 bard/3 rogue/2 fighter for extra SA, versus 16 bard/2 rogue/2 fighter?

I think I would only lose out on single target dance...and since I'm not taking quicken and my spell pen is garbage that it won't be a huge loss.

I would think that the extra SA from the odd rogue level would be better overall but I keep thinking that I'm missing something that I would be losing.

Thoughts?

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #62 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
[quote author=7658555A5F6B6E51465B340 link=1332034695/53#53 date=1332528168]

Well if you aren't going for max deeps (and if you go twf on a bard, you aren't)

I did THF last life, and yes, I'll probably lose some damage. I would guess that the extra SA from the second hand weap will make up for some of the loss though. I mainly went TWF since I was already going to start with a 14 dex and had a +3 dex tome nommed. If I'm going to put evasion on a toon I might as well make it half decent. Should be mid to high 30's at the end. Not the best in the business but it should help mitigate damage. The horc bard/barb/fighter that my toon was last life was fun for damage, but holy shit, it got torn apart with spell damage.

Having that higher reflex/evasion should also help with scroll healing versus casters.

We'll see how it pans out, if I end up hating it I'll go back to THF and dump dex down.

Queens don't have dicks.

I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #63 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Bah can't edit my last post to fix the quote.../sadpanda

Queens don't have dicks.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #64 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I think you'll be missing another +1/+1 from songs, but I'm probably totally wrong.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #65 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:29pm:
I think you'll be missing another +1/+1 from songs, but I'm probably totally wrong.

Inspire courage increases by 1/1 at 8th level and every 6 after. so 14-19 bard would have the same bonus if i am reading it right.

Queens don't have dicks.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 4:15pm:
Inspire courage increases by 1/1 at 8th level and every 6 after. so 14-19 bard would have the same bonus if i am reading it right.

Yes. that's why the 14/x builds work so well on a WC.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #67 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 9:38pm:
Currently have a Horc 16 bard/2 fighter/ 2 barb.

considering tr'ing into a 34 pt Human 16 bard/2 rogue/2 fighter.

Not familiar with this split...any advice would be welcome.

possible starting stats:

Str - 16
Dex - 15
Con - 16
Int - 12
Wis - 8
Cha - 10

kinda just guessing as i go on feats...twf line and toughnesses...maybe hamstring if nothing else seems to fill the slot. khopesh proficiency with the ftr class feat.

Any advice or templates to check out would be appreciated. Thanks

Wonder where you got that build?  Roll Eyes

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #68 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes. that's why the 14/x builds work so well on a WC.

You want 16 for ac song.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:16pm:
You want 16 for ac song.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #70 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Shit that's right. 16 for dance.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #71 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:16pm:
Shit that's right. 16 for dance.

right, and i don't plan on even bothering with it since i'm not going to waste a feat for one spell. the single target dance is nice but anything with SR is going to be a bitch to tag. would rather pick up an extra d6 of SA damage and more skill points for traps/etc.

Queens don't have dicks.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 4:35am
Print Post  
With the expansion and tier 3 PRE around the corner, you might want to consider 18 bard.

In terms of gear, make sure you work in tharnes + epic ring of the stalker. I found it tough to find a permanent slot for con opp so I chose to make hotswap goggles (not a huge issue as you use most of the sp buffing anyways).

As I have eClaw and eAbishai 3-piece (helm, cloak and boots) and I want to hotswap neckslot to epic shimmering pendant or torc, i made triple earth gs belt and went with shintao set instead of ravager/encrusted as has been suggested.

And I personally took extend, max, emp healing, toughness, PA, WF:Slashing, IC:Slashing, Imp Sunder and quicken. A lot of ppl think quicken is a waste but if you need to throw a heal in an emergency your going to be doing it in the middle of combat.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:15pm:
Wonder where you got that build?  Roll Eyes

ugh, that's what I TR'd out of and, yes, shamefully, I got it from where you're hinting at.

I do have a question, though, on the 16/2/2 (w/ftr & rog) approach does taking spellsinger work while taking THF and related combat feats? I might try it out just to see as I won't necessarily leave that toon at 20 for terrilbly long.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Deeds wrote on Apr 6th, 2012 at 4:35am:
With the expansion and tier 3 PRE around the corner, you might want to consider 18 bard.

In terms of gear, make sure you work in tharnes + epic ring of the stalker. I found it tough to find a permanent slot for con opp so I chose to make hotswap goggles (not a huge issue as you use most of the sp buffing anyways).

As I have eClaw and eAbishai 3-piece (helm, cloak and boots) and I want to hotswap neckslot to epic shimmering pendant or torc, i made triple earth gs belt and went with shintao set instead of ravager/encrusted as has been suggested.

And I personally took extend, max, emp healing, toughness, PA, WF:Slashing, IC:Slashing, Imp Sunder and quicken. A lot of ppl think quicken is a waste but if you need to throw a heal in an emergency your going to be doing it in the middle of combat.

I only took Maximize. 120+ point CSW is nice. And Extend since I'm a splash build.

Emp Healing and Quicken were better served as Quickdraw and Stunning Blow.

eta: Took my bard into elite ETK last night and lagged out in the end fight after we had looted and there were still the 3 red named ellies up.

I came back after a full minute to nothing but a huge wall of *EVADE*. Apparently, my 35+ reflex save did the trick quite nicely. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2012 at 12:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint