Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) You guys weren't kidding - Shade really IS Derpy (Read 19014 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: You guys weren't kidding - Shade really IS Derpy
Reply #50 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 1:42pm:
Almost as great as the newb who complained about the character wipe, and how he spent hours leveling all his characters there.

In all fairness to Axer, he has a point there. It's not really politic to ask people to go flag for a raid and then wipe their characters.

Turbine really need to sort their character copy tool out. At least allow people to recopy if it fails. It's ridiculous that we're being asked to test level 20+ content and it's a struggle to even get toons over to do so.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #51 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Yeah, the character copy bullshit is annoying.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #52 - May 31st, 2012 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375737

The days of spamming Supreme Cleave appear to be over.  I read about this last night but was too busy playing the game and poking a soul-scarred Russian with a stick.

Anyway, I believe this will generate some measurable drama amongst the melee player community.  But my agreement with the posts is tempered by laughing at Shade having his bag of tricks blow up in his face. 

All that said, it's still a messed up change.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - May 31st, 2012 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Fighters already invaded the thread Cheesy

I`ll do my best to keep you amused

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #54 - May 31st, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 4:57am:
lol.

see? made ya laugh!
so are we done here?

Can I ask you for a favor?

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #55 - May 31st, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Yeah, not happy about the change, but amused by shade's post. 

IP Logged

Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 4:20pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375737

The days of spamming Supreme Cleave appear to be over.  I read about this last night but was too busy playing the game and poking a soul-scarred Russian with a stick.

Anyway, I believe this will generate some measurable drama amongst the melee player community.  But my agreement with the posts is tempered by laughing at Shade having his bag of tricks blow up in his face. 

All that said, it's still a messed up change.

I haven't bothered with the beta much since I'm working on a paper right now (even though yes I know that this would be the best time to go check things out, in terms of having input on the game) but this one caught my eye.

I suspected that the lack of cooldown with supreme cleave might've been considered a bug, and this seems to confirm it -- or at least, that Turbine saw fit to change it, like the original twitching or adding invisible walls to Big Top (i.e. not a "bug to ban over" but a "bug to go and fix").

The other cleave attacks have a lengthy enough cooldown to where you wouldn't bother spamming them in combat. Supreme cleave was different in that the cooldown was pretty small (but not zero), just long enough to get a regular attack in before you do another supreme cleave. I suspect that some programmer forgot to set the cooldown of supreme cleave to match that of other cleave attacks, and that thus it got pretty much the "default" cooldown time of ~1 second for doing regular things.

Supreme cleave is affected by the inherent speed of the weapon; greataxes and mauls are faster weapons, while falchions and greatswords are slower weapons. Thus you attack much faster spamming supreme cleave when you're using a greataxe than when you're using a greatsword (such as ESoS). Depending on your setup, it amounts to roughly 17% more DPS on your primary target than standing still and swinging (which I think is what publicly available DPS calcs assume) if you're using a greataxe (crafted HBoGLOB) whereas it'd only be about 6% more DPS than standing still if you're using a greatsword. So if the DPS calcs say you'd do around 320 DPS and you're using a greataxe, you'll really do 320 * 1.17 ~ 374 DPS when spamming supreme cleave. I'd have to go back and re-check my calculations, but if I remember right, using a crafted HBoGLOB greataxe and spamming supreme cleave will essentially be the same DPS as using a devil's ruin-slotted ESoS and spamming supreme cleave.

Some people have suggested using scleave -> attack -> attack instead of scleave -> attack, but although the attack speed is slightly faster, you lose out on the glancing blow during the second attack, and so you'll do less DPS overall (assuming you took the THF feats). It's better to just spam the supreme cleave hotkey.

It's been known for quite some time; in fact, I had already done the video analysis prior to Shade blabbing on the forums about knowing some super duper secret new buff for barbarians which was unquantifiable and showed how number-crunching doesn't work (actually, quantifying it was done in exactly the same way, you just video record the attacks and count up how long it took to do how many attacks, which is apparently beyond the comprehension of some people), but wasn't sure if it would be considered a bug. I also remember one of the other guys who did attack speed work posting that he won't really be posting numbers on it for the same reason, although I'd have to look around for that post. It's no coincidence that people in Over Raided favor greataxes though.

This whole mess of course could be avoided if Turbine went about normalizing all the attack speeds, such that the animation for each attack took exactly the same amount of time relative to each other (and then are modified by the same amount by attack speed modifiers), but it seems like they did such a pass a few years ago and failed at it, resulting in the current system. It may also be that it gets too much into the code, since graphics would be involved (since attack speeds are tied to the animations), and they figure that changing things would make it more of a mess, or bring about new problems.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #57 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
HAWT!!!  Did I ever mention I love your posts... They make my mouth water.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - May 31st, 2012 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
<3

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #59 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
I remember when Barbs were kings of DPS.  Double RAGE (with bugged barb PL), hidden/unintended +10% melee alacrity from capstone, x4 crit eSoS becomes x6 crit double Frenzied, and twitching with full glancing blow damage...

ROAR!!!

But shit got fixed, and everyone adapted.  Barbs evolved and players played classes other than Barbs too.  But no one raged and shook their fists as hard as Shade...

NERF Epic Destinies in order to save Supreme Cleave spamming!!!  We don't need anything new!!!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=304817
Quote:
This New Thing - It is Bad
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #60 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 1:24am
Print Post  
That post is hilar.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #61 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 1:24am:
That post is hilar.

Ya, every so often I stop by and pos rep the OP again.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #62 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Ironical the Bionicle wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 1:14am:
I remember when Barbs were kings of DPS.  Double RAGE (with bugged barb PL), hidden/unintended +10% melee alacrity from capstone, x4 crit eSoS becomes x6 crit double Frenzied, and twitching with full glancing blow damage...

ROAR!!!

But shit got fixed, and everyone adapted.  Barbs evolved and players played classes other than Barbs too.  But no one raged and shook their fists as hard as Shade...

NERF Epic Destinies in order to save Supreme Cleave spamming!!!  We don't need anything new!!!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=304817

FlimsyFirewood
Quote:
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #63 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I think everybody missed that pearl :

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4491292&postcount=14

In Shade's new Epics are too easy thread :

Quote:
Somehow our designers are under the impression that epics on live are too hard for most players and they should be the new Elite. Obviously I (and you) don't agree.

I don't think it matters that Hard may be too easy for you as long as you have Elite to challenge you. It does matter that the average player can play Normal and aspire to playing Hard without having to be uber.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #64 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:13am
Print Post  
This is because their designers can't play the game on casual.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #65 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:13am:

Which is too bad, because let's face it, that is the real reason why casual was made.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #66 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:31am:
Which is too bad, because let's face it, that is the real reason why casual was made.

Nah it was also made to keep us from whining every time we have to reflag for Kween.
At least ADQ1 on Casual is a 2 minute job if nobody pikes.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #67 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 4:07am:
I think everybody missed that pearl :
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4491292&postcount=14

I think this is the perl:

Quote:
[Tolero: How were you able to get past House Necro?]
[Shade: If you gave me another couple of hours i'd figure out a way and let ya know.
Impossible demands broke for us too but we fixed it with a workaround. Whos to say we wouldnt find one for that quest too, we are maybe more clever then ya think Cheesy. And say if we didnt, you do the patch and then we do, dont see how the wipe is relevant.]

I may be reading this wrong, but I think it says: I am a gaming god and know how to get around anything you fuckwads mess up.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #68 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  

This is because their designers can't play the game except on casual.

...just a post to piss off Maj!  Grin

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #69 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 2:27am:
Quote:
[Tolero: How were you able to get past House Necro?]
[Shade: If you gave me another couple of hours i'd figure out a way and let ya know.
Impossible demands broke for us too but we fixed it with a workaround. Whos to say we wouldnt find one for that quest too, we are maybe more clever then ya think Cheesy. And say if we didnt, you do the patch and then we do, dont see how the wipe is relevant.]

I may be reading this wrong, but I think it says: I am a gaming god and know how to get around anything you fuckwads mess up.

Personally I parse it as :
[Shade] Given time we would have found a way to exploit the quest flagging system. We did that for the other quest, and told you. But you can't be sure we told you every exploit we found.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #70 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:58am
Print Post  
I read it as:
my ego brings all the little epeens to the yard
Damn right its better then yours,
I could teach you but I have to charge.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #71 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I got tired of seeing him complain about Supreme cleave so I argued for the supreme cleave nerf and now he has decided to refuse to respond to my posts. 

Its a long read,

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376870

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:58am:
I read it as:
my ego brings all the little epeens to the yard
Damn right its better then yours,
I could teach you but I have to charge.

Aw, c'mon now, he just wants someone to hold his OPnis. It's lonely at the top. Particularly when you're so clearly a bottom.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #73 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Its his extreme view points that get me.   
I appreciate the arguments, but when I argue against them he just turns into a baby and says " not replying to you again".   

A disagreement with Shade is a personal attack on him.  Yet he wants to have a real discussion on this topic so that the devs will listen to rational arguments. 

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Honestly, there's typically a core nugget of truth to fish out of the sea of crazy. Unfortunately, he has a propensity for throwing in suggestions without considering the side effects. That's what makes him dangerous to himself and others.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint