Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So what are your plans for the expansion? (Read 14705 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

So what are your plans for the expansion?
Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Just wondering what everyone else is thinking of in terms of taking their toons forward.

Are any of yours staying in the TR / 1-20 game? Which of your toons are you going to focus on?

I think I'm going to keep a couple in the 1-20 game myself - my slow as fuck completionist (currently on a bard life) and my minimonk, which I'm intending to TR into something monky again once I've got mah TOD rings (or at least a wisdom ring, I suck at pulling anything monky although I've managed an encrusted and a gnawed so far Cheesy ) because I enjoyed levelling her and it's a low stress thing to PUG.

I'm intending to take my melee / caster hybrid FvS through to 25 and continue working on her with destinys, and my other bard and my arti will join her later. She will probably continue to be the toon I spend most time on.

I'm completely confused about what to do with my first life pale master - do I do the past lives anyway (even though I am extremely slow at TRing, one takes months) or are the epic destinys so good I shouldn't even bother? And I really have no idea what to do with my Exploiter - an outdated build, but fun to play, and decently but not super fantastically geared. Do I TR into something completely different? Go Shadowdancer? What?

Just wondering what other people's agendas are going to be for their toons, in the hope it sheds light on mine, I guess Smiley

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Re: So what are your plans for the expansion?
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:48am
Print Post  
I'm fairly slow leveling, so I'll prob just take Calvet to 25 first. 

I havn't read anything about it yet, but does anyone know LRing will work after this update?  Will it only affect lvls 1-20 or will it let you reset stuff you've done 21+ as well.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:21am
Print Post  
I'm basically finished with TRs, which is nice.  If content becomes stale again, I'd consider squeezing in some between updates.

I plan on getting my tank and archer totally set up with a ridiculous grind of destiny twists.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:30am
Print Post  
I'm on a TRing hiatus anyway, and my plans are to bring my main to 25, and farm some gear for the lesser geared toons.

My monksplashed paladin runs only shroud and ToD anyway, and is basically on hold until the enhancement revamp.

I've got one lowbie which I still want to cap, possibly before u14, but not necessarily.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:31am by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Dresdyn (Wizzy) is my primary goal followed by Krav (Fighter).  I still will have 2 TR's in progress but once those complete I'll be focusing on the expansion and gearing up some alts on ToD and etc.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:24am
Print Post  
TRing into druid to maintain completionist, of course.  Other than that, NFI Smiley

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:28am
Print Post  
While I feel dirty not taking advantage of the 30% XP bonus this week, I'm done with TRing for a while.  9 lives in 77 days is enough for me.  It's time to grind out 13.8M XP for destinies: Exalted Angel -> Unyielding Sentinel -> GMOF -> Shadowdancer -> Fatespinner -> Magister -> Draconic Incarnation for my 18 FvS/1 monk/1 wizard.  That'll give me enough fate points to twist +3 Necro DC from Magister and +2 Evocation DC from Draconic Incarnation.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Depending on how Artificers scale at the top, I might keep my human arti around and go into 25. Otherwise I'll TR him into a druid and send my Monk to 25. That Grandmaster of Flowers "Everything is Nothing" looks pretty slick, even though it'll take me months upon months to get it.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:49am:
Just wondering what everyone else is thinking of in terms of taking their toons forward.

Are any of yours staying in the TR / 1-20 game? Which of your toons are you going to focus on?

I think I'm going to keep a couple in the 1-20 game myself - my slow as fuck completionist (currently on a bard life) and my minimonk, which I'm intending to TR into something monky again once I've got mah TOD rings (or at least a wisdom ring, I suck at pulling anything monky although I've managed an encrusted and a gnawed so far Cheesy ) because I enjoyed levelling her and it's a low stress thing to PUG.

I'm intending to take my melee / caster hybrid FvS through to 25 and continue working on her with destinys, and my other bard and my arti will join her later. She will probably continue to be the toon I spend most time on.

I'm completely confused about what to do with my first life pale master - do I do the past lives anyway (even though I am extremely slow at TRing, one takes months) or are the epic destinys so good I shouldn't even bother? And I really have no idea what to do with my Exploiter - an outdated build, but fun to play, and decently but not super fantastically geared. Do I TR into something completely different? Go Shadowdancer? What?

Just wondering what other people's agendas are going to be for their toons, in the hope it sheds light on mine, I guess Smiley

I'm equally confused on my first-life PM.  I think he desperately needs a TR, but I just finished my first TR and I'm not in the mood to do another for a while.  My only encouragement is that a wizard life might go faster than a ranger life. 

Since I just finished capping my ranger, I'll probably play around on my wizard for a bit getting epic tokens and gearing up a bit for a TR.  There's not a whole lot of incentive in the EDs for a Tempest Ranger, so I don't feel a driving passion to charge through the epic content.  I would do it with my PM, but like I said, he really needs a TR.

When the expansion hits I'll most likely split time between the two and take forever to accomplish anything with either while my neglected bard cries in the corner.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:25am
Print Post  
My plans for the expansion: Buy the adventures and ED's with my leftover TP when those are on sale and the major bugs are fixed. The Challanges will be free with tokens anyway. I buy one large bundel of TP every year with double bonus and I still have 3500 TP left at the moment.

And I own every race, class, pack and the shared bank so far. If would pay 10 bucks to Turbine every fucking month this would ruin my mood. I can only accept DDO with all its flaws because it's so freaking cheap for me. (Compared to the other MMOs I would play perhaps.) That I like D&D very much is a bonus.. well... as long as there is some D&D left in DDO.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

rimble
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:28am
Print Post  
TRing up to level 8 right now to use a stone, then I'm getting the hell away from the game until after the enhancement revamp.  Monk is my character of choice, and it's going to be a rough few months, I don't want to be around for it.  Gonna check out The Secret World.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Trying to decide who gets the Epic treatment first. Maybe my fighter. Or my wizard. I also have a 3rd life clonk who is slated to become my druid.  Hopefully this week I can cap my tank so I won't have any non-20 characters. I've got a geared to the teeth WC bard that could use a TR, but with the penalty to WF healer's friend, that life would fucking suck. I'm still really pondering TRing my halfling FvS into a human with the DM of passage feats.  I might grind out some epic destiny XP on her before I do though.

I'm kind of in wait-and-see mode, but I think the majority of my guild is going to concentrate on epic stuff meaning I'll be doing that too. Plus we've got to get awesome at the new challenges.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Man I really want to be excited about druid, but after playing a level 25 druid on lamania I'm just not there. Will run through it for the PL to get completionist feat for sure. Going to try more melee focused on live as I did caster based on Lama.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Not sure I want to TR into a druid right out of the gate. There is bound to be some sort of horrible bullshit that will happen with them, breaking them beyond repair somehow that only a TR will fix. And you can bet your ass Turbine isn't going to give me a free true heart if they fuck something up.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
I have no idea what I'm going to do!  I haven't even thought about it!  Arggg.  Now I'm stressed out.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have no idea what I'm going to do!  I haven't even thought about it!  Arggg.  Now I'm stressed out.

Penis

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #16 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:26am
Print Post  
First, there will be a massive number of lesser reincarnations.  I’m finally giving in and making my Shintao monk into a Ninja.  (Healing amp being borked a low priority? Really?)  My Rogue will get to dumpstat INT again so I can qualify for the Epic Sneak Attack feat.  My Fighter will move some feats around.

Next, I will probably just go with the class defaults for epic destinies.  I plan on getting a bunch of twist abilities on all my characters anyway, so I don’t need a final plan just yet.

Third in line is to get me some commendation sets for my monk and my bard. And then I’m going to go hunt down some Stunning +10/Combat Mastery +5 rings for the monk and the fighter.

And, when no one else is looking, I’ll be releveling my completionist through a Druid life and back to an Artificer.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:22am:
Penis

Phew, thanks.  I feel better now.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:28am:
While I feel dirty not taking advantage of the 30% XP bonus this week, I'm done with TRing for a while.  9 lives in 77 days is enough for me.  It's time to grind out 13.8M XP for destinies: Exalted Angel -> Unyielding Sentinel -> GMOF -> Shadowdancer -> Fatespinner -> Magister -> Draconic Incarnation for my 18 FvS/1 monk/1 wizard.  That'll give me enough fate points to twist +3 Necro DC from Magister and +2 Evocation DC from Draconic Incarnation.

See, you clearly have a clue how these Epic Destiny things work. I've been reading the forums lots and I still have no idea!

Wish I could work out a defined plan for the Soul at least...

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Playing GW2...

oh wait, it's not out yet. Sad

Magister to 5, then Drac Incar to 5 on Rast, then IDFK

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
1. Level up Arkat to 25 (Epic Destiny: Grandmaster of Flowers)
2. Level up Gilgamesh my Artificer (Epic Destiny: Shadowdancer)
3. Level up Delenn my Assassin (Epic Destiny: Shadowdancer)
4. TR Talksoftly my Q-Staff user as a Helf Druid. Not sure what ED I'll take on him.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #21 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
  • LR my Cleric Pataris, drop Empower for SF:Evo, bump CH and CON, and swap Helf: Fighter for Helf: Barb. Then play him to 25
  • TR my other Capped Battle Cleric into Human Caster Cleric, take him to 25 (possibly use a stone on him, if I can get him a Torc on his 20th ADQ, then get him to level 8 by August)
  • Decon my Horc Cleric's Greensteel goggles and cloak, then make some new HP/Conc. Opp goggles for him (no real need for triple-neg greensteel now)
  • Continue levelling my new baby Sorc, but no insta-16 for him.
  • Roll up a Druid (have a full set of +2s waiting for him)
  • Just keep playing my other 2 characters (Cleric and Ranger/Fighter/Rogue) as if nothing had changed. SOMEBODY has to farm gear for the rest of them :p

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:34pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
First thing I'm doing though as soon as I log in is solo Sins Elite on my ranger because that Shade post inspired me Smiley

Primary focus will be on my fighter getting his ass through all the martial EDs to Unyielding Sentinel.  To make him the game-breaking tank I want him to be he's gonna need a metric ass-ton of EDs and twists.  After that's done I'll worry about my other toons.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #23 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
My plans for the expansion are to avoid like the plague until at least the end of August.

If the bugs are less annoying then, I'll just keep plodding along leveling.

Tongue

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Beta closes in 2 days.  The expansion is officially complete.

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint