Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The beautiful story of dungeon tokens (Read 16562 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: The beautiful story of dungeon tokens
Reply #50 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:55pm:
Yeah, my biggest problem is that there's no expansion room in the minitower for a graphics card, so I'm stuck with the factory piece of shit.  The PC is only about 3 years old, but Ice storm and disco ball bring my machine to its knees.  At a minimum I need a new case, power supply, and graphics card.  I think maybe I'd be better off to just stick with those items and consider upgrading other components later as needed.

www.pricewatch.com
www.tomshardware.com

...you can do that for $300.  Those sites are the best.  One thing about the case make sure it has under board access to the CPU cooler bolts.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:37am:
Everybody has a different twist when it comes to enjoyment and pleasure. I would rather take an arrow to the knee than play with random puggles so I dual-box. And it isn't like I'm some pariah . . .

OK, maybe that was a bad example.

Let Sith enjoys his way, you enjoy yours and come out punching at the bell. Now break!

Smiley

I run two or three TRs in a month. I am already efficient. What he is saying doesn't make sense. It is less efficient than what I already do. I don't give a crap about how he plays, he's being illogical. There is no way in hell I am going to spend all the time I could spend being in a quest two or thee times to walk six boxes over to the quest.

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #52 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:35pm:
I run two or three TRs in a month. I am already efficient. What he is saying doesn't make sense. It is less efficient than what I already do. I don't give a crap about how he plays, he's being illogical. There is no way in hell I am going to spend all the time I could spend being in a quest two or thee times to walk six boxes over to the quest.

LOL. You actually believe I'm running TRs with six boxes? I run about 1 TR a week - 2 man TRs (that is, with 2/3 hours a day & more the weekend) and that is on ONE BOX (dual box if my second account needs a boost or if my friend can't come).

The ONLY TIME I do more than dual boxing is when it is actually worth it. 6 boxing eDA is so much more efficient on tokens than dual boxing and doesn't take more time. Besides token farming in eDA, seal farming in DQ1 would be worth it.

I reapeat myself once more. Other than that, I NEVER 6 box.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Ewilan wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 2:58am:
LOL. You actually believe I'm running TRs with six boxes? I run about 1 TR a week - 2 man TRs (that is, with 2/3 hours a day & more the weekend) and that is on ONE BOX (dual box if my second account needs a boost or if my friend can't come).

The ONLY TIME I do more than dual boxing is when it is actually worth it. 6 boxing eDA is so much more efficient on tokens than dual boxing and doesn't take more time. Besides token farming in eDA, seal farming in DQ1 would be worth it.

Prove it. Prove that you don´t have chemical weapons. PROVE IT!!

IP Logged

Rogue
Korthos Resident

Moral Minder. Stopping
jerks at every turn.

Reply #54 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:19am
Print Post  

bullshit. TR in 2-3h a day for 7 days? bullshit. total TR time 21h? bullshit.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #55 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Rogue wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:19am:

(that is, with 2/3 hours a day & more the weekend)

Parentheses are hard - you even have it in your quote.  You are a fucking stupid worthless son of a whore.

You should blame your parents.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:23am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #56 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Rogue wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:19am:

You sir, are a complete idiot. Read again what I wrote.

"(that is, with 2/3 hours a day & more the weekend)"

1. More : adjective, compar. of much or many with most as superl.
1. in greater quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: I need more money.

In case you didn't get it yet, I play 2/3 hours per day BUT I play more than 2/3 hours during the weekend. My total TR time averages 30, 40 hours tops. Note that I do not use xp pots of any kind but I do have TR buddies and openers for every quest.

2. You do not know me and therefore can't judge how long it takes me to TR, although I believe me and my guildies are known to be pretty fast at TRing.

Also, believe it or not but the TR record is now at 17 hours (I think that's even 17 hours straight, if anyone could confirm this, I'm at work and cannot check).
Knowing it takes me around twice that long to get a life done, my TR time is rather plausible.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 7:36am by Ewilan »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Ewilan wrote on Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:18am:
This story begins about 1.5 years ago.

Once upon a time in the great land of Eberron, I was a complete noob and I was obsessed with the idea of TRing (Note that I still am). Therefore, I began my journey looking for the Holy True Heart of Wood. 20 tokens would it take to find it, and 15 min would it take to get one single token.
At that time, epic big top was by far the best place to farm tokens and it would take approximatively 10-15 minutes to complete it. So every 2 days, I would run eBig top and run some other quests. I would get a heart of wood after 1 week.

A long time later in a galaxy far, far away, challenges were born, granting close to 1 token per run and for 5 minutes. You guessed it, it would take me a couple of hours to get my 20 tokens.

A lot more recently (in fact, yesterday), I was able to get 20 tokens in an hour.
From my experience, eH DA has around 80% chance to give you 2 full tokens, so you are sitting at 19.2 tokens for 50 minutes. Considering how easy eH DA is, you can easily solo it while 5 boxes pike.

(Note : also 100k plat worth of vendor trash, 2 larges, 2 shards & 3 augments).

All of a sudden, Turbine made TRing (for those that actually farm tokens for hearts of wood) very easy.

Wow man, fight club ;/

There's a reason I posted the exact same thing more subtly.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Ewilan wrote on Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:56am:
Alright I'm gonna help you even more.

Your friends can come and help you as tokens are tradeable in chest or you can do as follows and split it up on 2 computers if your comp. can't run that many clients.

1. Copy your Turbine folder in 5 older folders (respectively Turbine1, Turbine2, Turbine3, ... , Turbine6).
2. Open Notepad.
3. Copy paste:

cd "C:\ path to Turbine1 folder"
start turbine launcher
cd "C:\ path to Turbine2 folder"
start turbine launcher
cd "C:\ path to Turbine3 folder"
start turbine launcher
exit

Note: I run 2 computers with 4 boxes on one, 2 on the other.

4. Save it as "ddobox.bat" (needs to be .bat file)
5. Run ddobox.bat on both computers and you have your 6 boxes ready to roll.

Now that's the easy part, the harder part is having trusted friends or having your own accounts (which stones of experience made super easy).

I'm just giving you an alternate path to grinding tokens. It's not hard to do and to me it seems like a great thing on the long term.

Edit: And for those that are worried about soloing, it's really easy and don't forget you have more boxes with full mana bars that can take over.

You don't need to create 6 copies of your DDO folder and take up so much space. 

1) You can run it from the same directory.
2) If you can't, you can symbolic link it to another directory.

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #59 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:30am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:11am:

I happen to have 4 To so I'm not too worried about space, although it IS annoying to me when all clients need to be updated instead of one (obvious way but not very practical).

I don't know much about symbolic linking unfortunately.

For N°1, you mean creating 6 different turbinelauncher shortcuts leading to the same directory?

IP Logged

Torgal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:11am:

Or get Pylotro (DDO & lotro) launcher and not worry about directory copies or symbolic links or starting a new client while one is already  running.

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:13am
Print Post  

Be honest. You do it at least once each morning to feel cool about it!

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
well i tried this, and the second launch just got stuck, so i deleted the extra folder and word file, and now the main launcher is stuck.

rip ddo.

Quote:
Oh man, penis gets me every time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint