Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Letter From F3rnando (Read 12015 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Letter From F3rnando
Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390631

Hi Everyone!

Phew! What a busy summer! I hope it has been a great one for you. The Dungeons & Dragons Online team here at Turbine has been working so hard and fast since the beginning of the year, that I am only just now getting a moment to pause and reflect on where we are and catch you up on where we are headed next.

There is so much new stuff that we’ve added to DDO in the last few months since the release of Menace of the Underdark and it’s great to see lots of players walking around Eveningstar enjoying the new Forgotten Realms adventures. We’ve received a ton of positive feedback on the expansion from our fans, especially on the look and feel of the Realms in DDO. It was no small task to bring the world of Faerűn to life in a way that lives up to how fans have pictured it but our art and content teams rose to the challenge and set a great standard for how we will realize this world going forward.

On the features side, the expansion also delivered some great additions to the game including the powerful Druid class, Epic Destinies and some nice updates to the game’s user interface. The biggest problem I’ve had is that now each time I play I need to decide between advancing my Druid and running around in bear form, advancing my second Destiny on my fighter / Legendary Dreadnought or helping my sorcerer get going as a Draconic Incarnation. It’s nice to have lots of new choices! These changes have had a big impact through the whole game and I’d like to thank all the players who have helped provide feedback and bug reports during beta and beyond to help us iron them out. We know the work of a live service is never done, and we truly appreciate how passionate our players are about helping DDO to be the best it can be.

To cap off the summer, just eight short weeks after the release of Menace of the Underdark, we released Update 15: Songs of Druid’s Deep. This major update includes a new adventure pack that begins the first of several new DDO stories set in the land of Cormyr. Fans of the lore may note references to the Harpers – we’ll see more of them later! These adventures are intended to provide new challenges for our top level players in Epic mode, while supporting characters in Heroic mode between level 16 and 19 who are looking for something to do in Eveningstar before they are ready to enter the Kings Forest. Although I mentioned in the last letter that U15 would feature a raid, as we got closer to the release we decided to keep the final boss fight as a regular quest to keep it accessible to as many players as possible. (We love providing “looks into the future” for our players, but as they say: you can’t always predict how the d20 will land.)

The other exciting new feature in Update 15 is the introduction of the Monster Manual! This new achievement system will be great for all DDO players but it is especially aimed at new characters in the early levels of the game. Essentially the more monsters you defeat of each type, the more you will populate the page corresponding to that monster in your Monster Manual and the more achievements you will complete. If you have been waiting to start playing that Druid, this is a great opportunity to start so you can make your way through some of the Prologue volume while you are in Korthos. Two other volumes (with 10 monsters each) are also available and we are planning more for future updates.

While we’ve been moving quickly and adding tons of content for players, we are also aware of feedback from some players expressing concern over the size of our known issues list. We agree, and so the team is now adjusting plans to shift our focus to bring more quality-of-life patches to help address important bugs in our upcoming releases. To that end, we are working to deploy two bug fix and polish patches before the release of Update 16 as well as one more before the end of the year. The team has already been working hard on many fixes, but I know we don’t always prioritize the things that are most important to each of you. In order to be sure we get the top issues, I encourage you to keep using our bug reporting tools, and to participate in surveys and activities that you will see hosted by our Community Team in the coming weeks as we continue to gather up hot-topics to concentrate on during the next patches and releases.

Before you know it, it will be November and we will be ready for Update 16 which brings one more generous helping of Forgotten Realms adventures in 2012. This content will feature an all new landscape as we start expanding the game world to the west of Eveningstar along the High Road. There will be new monsters to fight, a new story to explore, and castles to plunder (because every good D&D campaign needs castles)! High level players can look forward to a brand new Epic Destiny for the Primal sphere called the “Primal Avatar”. Then to close out the year, we are aiming for one more release in December. Though we will primarily focus on quality of life in this release, we are also planning a few updates to our winter festivals. The natives of Forgotten Realms do not share in Eberron’s traditions, so expect the town of Eveningstar to show us how they celebrate the cold weather season! Look for more details on these releases soon.

Yes, 2012 will go down as a huge year for DDO! Although I am a big fan of Maya culture, I don’t buy into that “end of the world 2012” stuff, so we have begun to nail down our plans for DDO in 2013. I can hint a bit at what is in store, though as you know, things are subject to change. We have big plans for new stories in Cormyr that should see us expanding the game world with new zones, new factions and new monsters. Back in Eberron, we’ll be revisiting some classic DDO story threads, including the long-anticipated return to Gianthold… Epic Gianthold that is! I know some of you have been waiting a long time for this and there are claims that this has been done for years, but we are planning substantial changes and some nice surprises for when this is finally available to players. There is a lot more in store, of course, but I will leave more details and announcements for a future date.

Again, I want to express a big thank you to all of our players for making this one of the biggest years ever for DDO! We are excited to have begun a new chapter for DDO in the Forgotten Realms campaign, and we are eager to grow the world and bring new stories and adventures to you for years to come.

I’ll see you in Faerűn!
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:03pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: Letter From [img]http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Unbelievable.  With a buzzword bingo card and this letter I'd almost break my wrists keeping up.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Letter From F3rnando
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Eat shit fucktard!

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
No mention of enh pass.

Glad to see he mentioned known issue list.  Too bad he didn't actually mention having a real comprehensive list.

Hard to believe any real movement is going to be made here without an honest accounting of what is really wrong.

IP Logged

Flag_sheep
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
tl;dr version
2012:
- U16 in november: more FR content, one more primal sphere ED;
- more bugfix releases (2 prior u16, 1 after)

2013:
- more FR content;
- epic gainthold;

Notable ommisions:
- PrE's

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:02pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390631

Back in Eberron, we’ll be revisiting some classic DDO story threads, including the long-anticipated return to Gianthold… Epic Gianthold that is! I know some of you have been waiting a long time for this and there are claims that this has been done for years, but we are planning substantial changes and some nice surprises for when this is finally available to players. There is a lot more in store, of course, but I will leave more details and announcements for a future date.-http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png.

Is it me, or do you think the simple mention of this by F-spot give Shade a hard-on?

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:10pm:
No mention of enh pass.

Yeah, very disheartening.  The most frustrating part is the complete lack of alternate MMO Games right now.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Re: Letter From [img]http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernand
Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:05pm:
Unbelievable.  With a buzzword bingo card and this letter I'd almost break my wrists keeping up.

You really get off on bingo eh?

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
At least he mentions the known issues list.  After the first few paragraphs of him trying to suck his own dick, I was afraid he was going to pull something.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
He missed the point entirely of the so-called "quality of life" fixes - FUCK update 17 - push 16 back (or both) and focus the rest of the year on fixing this mess.

IP Logged

random110
Waterworks Kobold

Always lurking..

Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
No mention of the enh pass makes me very very nervous

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
"quality of life"

Does this mean we get home health aides?

I AM PUTTING MAXWELL IN HOSPICE!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:16pm:
Does this mean we get home health aides?

I AM PUTTING MAXWELL IN HOSPICE!

It hasn't spread for weeks and it almost stopped itching once the flappy part fell off.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #13 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
You really get off on bingo eh?

I work hard for the money.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I'm wondering about Epic GH.  Epic versions of Black, Blue, and White dragon armor sound amazing. 

But, are they going to continue the scroll/seal/shard concept that has been prevalent in Eberron or are they going to drop progressively stronger versions of the same loot with progressively higher ML's as they do in the Druid quests currently?  Or are they just going to issue new gear that is separate and distinct from the current gear available on heroic quests?

When you look at the named loot available in the flagging quests, Tor, and the raid itself, this is quite a list if you do decide to epic up the current gear.  It will be on par with the Desert.  Some of the Tor and PoP items in particular would be quite nice to see epic versions of or higher ML versions of.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
BTW, it is quite possible that by "quality of life" update he is referring to the Extreme Makeover: Enhancements/PRE edition.

IP Logged

random110
Waterworks Kobold

Always lurking..

Reply #16 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:52pm:
But, are they going to continue the scroll/seal/shard concept that has been prevalent in Eberron

I think they'll continue with ready made epic items. Instant gratification seems to be the trend.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Epic Madstone Boots log you out of the game when the proc goes off.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #18 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:11pm:
Epic Madstone Boots log you out of the game when the proc goes off.

Potency increases to +78, adds superior spell mastery for +3 to DCs for all schools.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I guess another question is, will Epic GH be level 20 gear like all the other Eberron Epic gear (and therefore instantly lower in value/capability than FR level 23-25 gear) or will it be level 21-25 gear and be better than all the other epic gear in Eberron?  Even though some of the other Eberron Epic gear comes from quests with higher heroic level ML's ( Web of Chaos for instance)

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:16pm:
Potency increases to +78, adds superior spell mastery for +3 to DCs for all schools.

I'm glad I have 2 pairs on my FvS!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 5:17pm:
It hasn't spread for weeks and it almost stopped itching once the flappy part fell off.

RIP flappy part

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
they wont be releasing the old gh epic that some folks have visited. They will use alot of the same dungeons and graphics and sell epic gh as a seperate pack with seperate loot.

no mention of enhancement or pre changes, so that could have been nixxed.

interesting note about why the u15 raid was tossed, I expect u16 to follow the same pattern of making everything as easy as possible for the casual players.

2-3 updates with only bug fixes? holy crap that means 4-6 times as many bugs! Now with even less content.

I wonder what p2w items will make it into the ddo store since they wont be able to charge for the bug fix updates, or can they Smiley

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
'Cause odds are it'll get eaten:

Quote:
So no mention of enhancements, epicing gianthold, and another epic destiny...

Sounding more and more like considerations of full re-playability of all the 1-20 content is falling by the wayside.

Pitty, but at least that lets me know not to encourage that buddy of mine I've been trying to drag back to get many of the non-endgame packs.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #24 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:16pm:

According to that dude from Elite Raiders, that is like 4000%.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint