Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Letter From F3rnando (Read 12016 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Letter From F3rnando
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:18pm:
I guess another question is, will Epic GH be level 20 gear like all the other Eberron Epic gear (and therefore instantly lower in value/capability than FR level 23-25 gear) or will it be level 21-25 gear and be better than all the other epic gear in Eberron?  Even though some of the other Eberron Epic gear comes from quests with higher heroic level ML's ( Web of Chaos for instance)

Since it's a pay pack, there will be at least 1 best in slot item.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:33pm:
no mention of enhancement or pre changes, so that could have been nixxed.

Which is surprising since Glin and Fernando were really pumping this at PAX they said August at the latest.  Makes me wonder if they bumped it or the powers that be bumped it.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #27 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:33pm:
they wont be releasing the old gh epic that some folks have visited. They will use alot of the same dungeons and graphics and sell epic gh as a seperate pack with seperate loot.

I was guessing new Gianthold based quest chain that includes a revisited version of Tor for a new storyline and a raid that takes place in the Inner Sanctum, but isn't against the Stormreaver.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 7:13pm:
I was guessing new Gianthold based quest chain that includes a revisited version of Tor for a new storyline and a raid that takes place in the Inner Sanctum, but isn't against the Stormreaver.

These are actually along my thoughts as well. I don't see epic Crucible,  or Pop being released. Which is sad really, because these are two of the best quests in the game. I could see them making Madstone epic for some reason though. It seems to be what they're most interested in now. Not making dynamic content, but making things that you have to plow through with a bajillion hitpoints. Of course that could just be me talking from how I remember endgame use to be about a year ago.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2012 at 8:10pm by Soul »  

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #29 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
One more update before we get buried in PAX this weekend...

Yes we are also still working on updating our enhancement system. We're not ready to announce when it will be released - in the interest of keeping the system polished we'll be shipping it once we feel it is ready.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Wow, I'm only 38 posts into that thread and except for a few ass kissers the reaction to the letter has been pretty much thumbs down.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2012 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4667973&postcount=95

Well Fernando responded about the enhancement pass. It seems rather dismissive as well. "Yeah yeah, we'll get around to it."

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #32 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
RIP flappy part

No one said it died.

Ever seen Flubber?

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:15am
Print Post  
They can't sell PRE's for TP.

It wouldn't surprise me if the new ED and each one they release from now on get treated like a race or class as far as TP is concerned.  Not as pricey, but those who thought that when they bought EDs that they bought all future ones as well could end up dissapointed.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:15am:
It wouldn't surprise me if the new ED and each one they release from now on get treated like a race or class as far as TP is concerned.  Not as pricey, but those who thought that when they bought EDs that they bought all future ones as well could end up dissapointed.

I would have expected it to be purchased separately if they had broken all of the current EDs up and offered them al a carte.

Maybe it will come along with some other thing, like a perk for purchasing druid or being VIP.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #35 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 2:20am:
I would have expected it to be purchased separately if they had broken all of the current EDs up and offered them al a carte.

Maybe it will come along with some other thing, like a perk for purchasing druid or being VIP.

My guess would be that they will just re-brand what we currently have as a "Base edition" or some standard set, then sell others as they come out.

Not saying I'd be happy myself about this either, but if Turbine have been good at anything this last year, it's getting money out of us lol.

You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 4:16pm:
Is it me, or do you think the simple mention of this by F-spot give Shade a hard-on?

Actually it might be worth checking walls around him for some sauce.  Roll Eyes

A hard one is probably just an intermediary step for him right now.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #37 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright
Fernando

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 29th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4667973&postcount=95

Well http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png responded about the enhancement pass. It seems rather dismissive as well. "Yeah yeah, we'll get around to it."

Yet another demonstration that DDO employees have no idea what's important to customers.

IP Logged

Allo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
or maybe they realize not releasing them as a buggy pile of shit is more important than rushing it

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #40 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Allo wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:42pm:
or maybe they realize not releasing them as a buggy pile of shit is more important than rushing it

There is nothing in their history of releasing things that leads me to believe this is remotely plausible.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #41 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 8:53pm
Print Post  

This is about the third or fourth time now that this kind of horsehit has been posted on the Vault.  Kinda expect it on the official forums, but here?

When have Turbine ever cared about the quality (And by quality, I mean in terms of bugs) of the content that goes live?

Cmon, we all know the magic formula by now.

Stuff we can put in the store = Release Asap and let it go live in beta state.  We can fix it later when the players do the QA work for us.

Stuff we promise but can't put in store =  Give it the least amount of dev time possible (None if we can get away with it) and tell those plankheads out there that we only release things when they are "Ready".

Quote:

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #42 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 10:39pm
Print Post  

This comment was enough to motivate me to start looking back through some old old threads so I could cite examples.

It's NUTS!

Allo, if you REALLY believe that "it will be different this time", go here:

http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75&order=desc&page=720

and start reading any of the threads that look interesting.

If you're having difficulty choosing something because it all looks interesting, the multi-page threads usually have "interesting" content.

Here's a gem, especially considering the comments people have made regarding Caught in the Web:

Quote:
06-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Rouge 
Founder

Speaking of Teleport Without Error....... Lailiat does this and sometimes it's difficult to get the raid to start correctly because she Teleports before the party can damage her.... poof bugged, in that one it's only a minor annoyance to start over because it's at the beginning, but I'm not looking forward to starting over at the last encounter of the adventure.

Currently if you report Lailiat teleporting like that the DM will tell you to start over and they won't/can't do anything about it. That will be completely unacceptable at the end of an adventure that takes anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours for some groups.

The engine may be rickety, and the code base may be undocumented spaghetti created by programmers who had the sense to GTFO, but the real problem is the people who determine that it is appropriate policy to treat customers this way.

As you read through the forum archives, keep in mind that prior to November 2009 everyone was a Paying Customer.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Hey Fernando, post a goddamned preview of the prestige enhancement changes already.  Your customers have only been waiting for completed PrEs for 6 fucking years.  You know, Guild Wars 2 was developed in less time than that.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #44 - Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
You likely won't see a preview until 2013.  I don't think they can get it close enough to working to give any sort of preview.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Sep 19th, 2012 at 11:05pm:
You likely won't see a preview until 2013.  I don't think they can get it close enough to working to give any sort of preview.

I have zero expectations of Turbine/DDO after 2.5 years of playing it.  They can either deliver content that matters like prestige enhancements, or throw away content like the new quests in U15.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 20th, 2012 at 5:29pm:
I have zero expectations of Turbine/DDO after 2.5 years of playing it. 

I stopped playing after the U14. I just cant force myself to play a game that is pretty much doomed at this point.

Yes, I know 'doom' and 'ddo killer' words have been thrown around before with no realization. In this reference though, its turbine themselves that doomed and killed ddo.

cant blame atari this time...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint