Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Destiny reset cost steathchanged. (Read 16024 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Destiny reset cost steathchanged.
Reply #75 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
siftrant wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:18am:
The view of QA being a separate team from Development is part of why companies fail to solve problems like this. QA is, almost always, much more effective when entwined with the development process as opposed to something done afterward. Such a change requires new behaviors on the part of QA, Development, and product owners but it does produce better software.

And in happy land customers give perfect specs and sales guys never exaggerate or outright lie about product features while fairies deliver coffee and dwarfs give foot massages.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

siftrant
Korthos Resident

what?

Reply #76 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:21am:
And in happy land customers give perfect specs and sales guys never exaggerate or outright lie about product features while fairies deliver coffee and dwarfs give foot massages.

Dwarven foot massages are not all they are cracked up to be, and my coffee mug is much too large for our fairies to carry when full. Upper management replaced all of them with hottest half-elves they could find.....  unfortunately we all know how that works out.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #77 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:40am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:31pm:
...They have revision control, and project tracking software...

Screenshot or it didn't happen - I've seen no evidence to this effect.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #78 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
siftrant wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:18am:
The view of QA being a separate team from Development is part of why companies fail to solve problems like this. QA is, almost always, much more effective when entwined with the development process as opposed to something done afterward. Such a change requires new behaviors on the part of QA, Development, and product owners but it does produce better software.

All this time I've been blind!  You should totally go to Turbine and show them how to fix it.  I bet within a month you would have them error free!

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #79 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:40am:
Screenshot or it didn't happen - I've seen no evidence to this effect.

I should have put "Allegedly" to start that line.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #80 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:21pm:
So another thing I realized to be true. Plenty of people say "the devs don't even play this game!!!" Well yeah. They know just how fucked up it is, why would they waste their time with it? Man it's like epiphany after epiphany for me today.

Careful, those lead to aneurisms.

IP Logged

sephiroth1084
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:57am:
Do I detect that you might, possibly, be slightly irritated by Turbine's asshattery?

What was your first clue?

And "slightly irritated" doesn't quite cover it.

IP Logged

siftrant
Korthos Resident

what?

Reply #82 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:41am:
All this time I've been blind!  You should totally go to Turbine and show them how to fix it.  I bet within a month you would have them error free!

Nah, turning around a development/release process takes time. Especially one that, from all evidence, has no sustained process whatsoever. I've done it at two companies already, so I'm game if Turbine is.

(of course not error free, but the escaped bug rate has dropped drastically while the feature delivery rate and customer satisfaction has increased.)

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:52am:
Wait.  So you are buying that it was only half a fix?  Not a whole fix that went though, and then Turbine sees it pissed off to many people to quickly and decided to add a part 2 of the fix?

Up in the air on it. Eladrin's always struck me as pretty much too matter of fact to be bothered lying, and I myself originally thought the thread was on Lam, so yeah, there's that possibility.

Course, on the other hand, Turbine.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #84 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Up in the air on it. Eladrin's always struck me as pretty much too matter of fact to be bothered lying, and I myself originally thought the thread was on Lam, so yeah, there's that possibility.

Wow, my opinion of Eladrin is the exact opposite.  He always struck me as someone who manipulated the community with bait and switch tactics all the time.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:10pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
Wow, my opinion of Eladrin is the exact opposite.  He always struck me as someone who manipulated the community with bait and switch tactics all the time.

Dunno. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a programmer myself, and I know how vague we can get when trying to keep hold of a program flow in our heads while someones bugging us for answers in mid-stream. I'll admit a lot of his posts can be a bit easy to read things into, but going back, usually what he says is what you get. (or I just haven't paid attention to the same sets of posts, it is a possibility.)
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:15pm by »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #86 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dunno. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a programmer myself, and I know how vague we can get when trying to keep hold of a program flow in our heads while someones bugging us for answers in mid-stream. I'll admit a lot of his posts can be a bit easy to read things into, but going back, usually what he says is what you get. (or I just haven't paid attention to the same sets of posts, it is a possibility.)

I'm a programmer as well but it's not program flow it's concept he lies about.  The whole TWF nerf, the Wail nerf, he either masks the real purpose or comes out with some heavy handed first option and the quickly reverses.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #87 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Here is some help for those of you still playing DDO.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #88 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:45pm:
Here is some help for those of you still playing DDO.

Very helpful. And remember it gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGUKDZFiy-A

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #89 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
How amusing is it to see Thrudh and Chai swap sides to suck Turbine's cock when at the start of the thread they were totally on board?

Quote:

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #90 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
How amusing is it to see Thrudh and Chai swap sides to suck Turbine's cock when at the start of the thread they were totally on board?

Those two will always "run home to mama" at some point. Count on it.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:03pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #91 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:

There's a post of his that says something to the effect that he likes to be vague because he is "capricious and mean".

It's in someone's sig. I think it was from a thread that got purged. I'd agree with Eladiun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint