Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) A hint of the Enhancement revamp (Read 15831 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: A hint of the Enhancement revamp
Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:37pm:
You really know how to crush someone's hopes and dreams.

Smiley

It's a gift.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #26 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
They also said they are merging KoTC and HotD PrEs to "offensive crusader". That seems solid. Though it begs the question what will the new Pally PrE be??

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #27 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:40pm:
what will the new Pally PrE be??

Shit.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
They also said they are merging KoTC and HotD PrEs to "offensive crusader". That seems solid. Though it begs the question what will the new Pally PrE be??

Silver Pyromancer or Battle Scion

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #29 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
1.  It will be a paladin pre.

Why are you still reading? Paladins are shit.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:12pm
Print Post  

This could be the only thing that could make me come back at this point, I think. And only long enough to test it out.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #31 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:56pm:
Silver Pyromancer or Battle Scion

First off, I dunno what these are (limited pnp experience). What kind of style would it be? We have mostly defense (DoS). Would the KoTC+HoTD = balanced offense/defense with the new one being mostly offense? Or, what?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #32 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Probably some sort of support/healing variation that will get most of the aura upgrade lines.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:28pm:
Also, look at the other two PRE's one is Crossbow based, one is Q-staff based, the third is now knife based...shouldn't at least one be more generic.

Strength based mechanics work great from level 6 to 11.
TWF'ing specced Acrobats work great from level 6 to 19.
Strength based Assassins work great from level 12 to 25.

So far I'm seeing buffs, not nerfs (except maybe the sneak attack die thing). Finesse builds are already decent and getting dex to damage on knives is a huge boost for them.

Honestly if there was dex to damage on rapiers then it'd be close to being the death of strength rogues on balance ...

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:52am
Print Post  
The fact that the new enhancements seem to be so weapon focused really cheese me off because I thought the whole reasoning behind the enhancement change was to make things more open and flexible (I remember them saying some crap like that a year ago) but all it seems to be doing is forcing people down a certain path if they wish to use any of the new benefits.  And OF COURSE we all want to use the new stuff because we're bored out of our skulls with what we have now.

Additionally, the enhancement pass was supposed to open up a lot of new opportunities because you would be able to select enhancements from other classes, with the available paths determined by your race.  So when you're looking at that assassin tree, you're not just judging it on its applicability to rogues, you're judging it on its applicability to any character with access to the tree (based on early information presumably anybody with rogue levels or any halfling).

Making more weapon focused enhancements will really hinder diversity.  You can say "but you don't have to use it!", but if you want to be as effective as you can be, and use the fun goodies in your tree, you do.  Case in point: artificer.  How many artificers do you see that don't use a repeating crossbow?  None.  Because they tailored the enhancements (and feats) to that one weapon.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:23pm:
Coming in SoonTM

Fixed it... 2017 was giving too much hope. It's like the Guild Ranks... it will be fixed...

Oh and with all those funky PREs what am I going to do with my Dual Rapier wielding Mechanic Halfling ( because there's no Kender around... but in truth he is a Kender )
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:51am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Eyeran wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:52am:
Making more weapon focused enhancements will really hinder diversity.  You can say "but you don't have to use it!", but if you want to be as effective as you can be, and use the fun goodies in your tree, you do.  Case in point: artificer.  How many artificers do you see that don't use a repeating crossbow?  None.  Because they tailored the enhancements (and feats) to that one weapon.

I've seen a couple melee-ficers I actually wanted to make one but I couldn't gimp myself like that.

Quote:

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #37 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Current life on my melee is a barbificer. It's quite interesting and flexible, if not all that powerful.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:38am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:12am:
Current life on my melee is a barbificer. It's quite interesting and flexible, if not all that powerful.

And I once made a whirling steel strike Paladin, but I wouldn't wish that steaming pile of shit on anybody.  A few people here and there making gimps for fun doesn't tout the diversity of the game.  I *could* make an elven 7 sorc, 5 druid, 8 bard dual wielding great clubs, but it doesn't make it a viable choice.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #39 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Eyeran wrote on Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:38am:
And I once made a whirling steel strike Paladin, but I wouldn't wish that steaming pile of shit on anybody.  A few people here and there making gimps for fun doesn't tout the diversity of the game.  I *could* make an elven 7 sorc, 5 druid, 8 bard dual wielding great clubs, but it doesn't make it a viable choice.

No you couldn't dumbass, there's no Monkey-Grip feat in the game.

/nerdhat

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #40 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I agree its a shame to have to limit to specific weapons, but rapiers dominate the finesse area already.  I like the idea of bringing more options out.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #41 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
A barb/artificer is worse than a pure barb when a pure barb is good and worse than an artificer when an artificer is good, but somewhat shores up the weaknesses of both. I'd rather play a pure artificer if that was an option but I wanted to do something different for my last barb PL. It's definitely not gimp and a completely reasonable choice for a TR, even if you'll get rejected from PUGs when they see your class breakdown.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Might as well AFK from DDO for a year.  PrE revamp won't be in before April, and half the skills won't work as written for another 6 months after that.  If you play a monk, AFK 2 years while they work out the bugs in the new handwrap code.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
My rogue used to be more STR based, using scimmies. Mostly because I didn't want to burn a feat on khopesh (helf with fighter dilly ftw). Then I did a lesser to make him more dex focused. STR still clocks in at 28ish when I'm buffed. But my dex is 42 (or 44 i cant remember) and my INT is 32. Since I almost always wield EMG, I haven't noticed a huge dip in DPS.

I like playing him with kukris. I even have some epic metal types I'm going to craft on someday.

I like using Kukri's to - they look kinda cool as you're attacking - it's just that they take 6 yrs to kill something - the ubiquitous death by papercut.

Tumbler won't last long.  I've been using the similar Magister tumble, and eventually folks will figure out timing that correctly leads to not only more dmg mitigation than either prr or acc but also a goodly number of sneak attacks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint