Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need some renown experts please... (Read 5315 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Need some renown experts please...
Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:41am
Print Post  
So,

Recent events have me entertaining the idea of either applying to CE or DD - or simply starting a guild of my own.  I have a question though.

My renown total, if I leave the guild I am in, is something of a mystery to me.  I am curious about the following:

1. If I buy a guild charter and move my toons there, does my renown total go with me and credit the guild that accepts me or my own I start?  I'd not be pleased starting at level one.

2. If part of my renown goes with me, what percentage?

I'm not even sure if I am going to do this, but it's been coming to mind more and more lately.  Particularly following tonights playing session. 

Thank you in advance for reading and responding...

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Re: Need some renown experts please...
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:50am
Print Post  
1. You leave all your old renown behind, so need to start at lvl one.

2. 0%

3. Sorry, not sure what to say in regards to this one...  Smiley

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:52am
Print Post  
If you quit and join another guild you start with zero renown, nothing follows you. You start at zero.

The guild you leave only loses a % of your renown contribution, 10% for good terms 25% for bad terms or for being booted.

If all your all toons from your account leave a guild it gets recent departure renown penalty for 2 weeks.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
3. I deleted as I wanted to be fair minded on the subject, and lost objectivity.  I just noticed my typo.

Really, really not pleased at the concept of not carrying my renown, or part of it, with me.  That's completely uncool.  We have 38 mil + renown, and I'd be willing to wager at least A quarter of it is renown I earned.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:05am
Print Post  
If you mousehover over the current Guild renown progess bar you can see your own contribution.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:58am:
3. I deleted as I wanted to be fair minded on the subject, and lost objectivity.  I just noticed my typo.

Really, really not pleased at the concept of not carrying my renown, or part of it, with me.  That's completely uncool.  We have 38 mil + renown, and I'd be willing to wager at least A quarter of it is renown I earned.

Aye the current renown systems is fucking retarded. 

Oh btw if you delete a toon from character screen the guild it is in loses no renown.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:10am by Silky »  

IP Logged

siftrant
Korthos Resident

what?

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:58am:

Allowing renown to transfer would be so easily exploited. You know that right?  I mean half (likely more) of the active posters here would have just created 6 account guilds for max renown bonus; then transfer the toons into their main guild after they gained enough; finally delete the toon.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Leveling a solo guild takes awhile, even with six accounts. I play pretty much every night and I gained ~10 levels a week the first two weeks and ~5 levels the second two, so four weeks in I'm only almost level 30. I can only imagine how long it's going to take when decay starts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
With the new renown changes, I'm not sure why you'd start your own guild at this point.  Both CE and DD are very high on the renown chart, well known for their high quality level and have a roster of good folks in them.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Fair enough.

You folks will have to cut me a little slack considering that the 23 million averaged renown I've earned goes poof if I leave.  Since I've no interest in hurting anyone, I wouldn't leave on bad terms.

Yes, it could be and most likely would be exploited as a mechanic.  Yet, in a case like mine - where I am the only person earning any significant renown/maintaining the guild/frustrated that most are missing, I was curious.

Our players are gone.  They are either playing other games indefinitely, logging in and then logging out after a few minutes, or who knows.  We were small to begin with.  And as it it not my guild I do not feel comfortable making changes such as recruiting.  I recently had one return to the game so he, another officer that logs on but normally doesn't run anything and myself do a TR run.  Half was in the level range of the returning player.  It seems my desire to move quickly through the levels has created all manner of issues.  Hit a head last night.  I'm still deciding what I want to do about this...

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #10 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
but...
but...
not Loreseekers?
Wink

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #11 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:55am:
With the new renown changes, I'm not sure why you'd start your own guild at this point.  Both CE and DD are very high on the renown chart, well known for their high quality level and have a roster of good folks in them.

To play with the people you like to play with...

The levels and such are just a bonus.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #12 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Hey Brotha,

First up if you want to join CE you are in, no questions. More than a few have slowed down play times currently with personal stuff going on etc though but nothing to worry about.

I know it is a kick in the guts to lose so much renown, but I am sure any guild worth joining doesn't care about that. Just put the whole renown business into the back of your mind - That's what we do and then it doesn't impact on the fun - plenty of other issues that do that already.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #13 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 2:57pm:
but...
but...
not Loreseekers?
Wink

Love you guys long time Smiley  I figured you had enough restructuring going on with the new changes coming into play with renown.  Besides, it's fun to be an anon pugger forgetting to bring res scrolls on my bard for a speed run. 

Felgor wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:51am:
Hey Brotha,

First up if you want to join CE you are in, no questions. More than a few have slowed down play times currently with personal stuff going on etc though but nothing to worry about.

I know it is a kick in the guts to lose so much renown, but I am sure any guild worth joining doesn't care about that. Just put the whole renown business into the back of your mind - That's what we do and then it doesn't impact on the fun - plenty of other issues that do that already.

Thanks for that Smiley

I'd like to chat with our guild leader and find out if he has any plans to move forward before making a decision on what to do.  They picked me up when I was still trying to make an elven fighter-mage gimp and helped me out.  Feels wrong to just bail on them without talking about it.  When the renown system hit, we decided that we'd see how far we could take it.  We were pleasantly surprised ending up in the 90's without sacrificing play preferences.

I'm more of an end gamer than I realized, but still like shoring up past lives and building a strong 5 or so toons to run it.  I'm really not sure what the focus of our guild is anymore.  Either way, I'd be irritated if people just bailed on me without saying anything.  If it's okay, I'll get back to you on this one.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Sweet, dibs on you MadCow, will be so much better than having to look up your guild name to see if you're online on account of all your different toons.

See you soon!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 5:24am:
Love you guys long time Smiley  I figured you had enough restructuring going on with the new changes coming into play with renown.  Besides, it's fun to be an anon pugger forgetting to bring res scrolls on my bard for a speed run. 

Thanks for that Smiley

I'd like to chat with our guild leader and find out if he has any plans to move forward before making a decision on what to do.  They picked me up when I was still trying to make an elven fighter-mage gimp and helped me out.  Feels wrong to just bail on them without talking about it.  When the renown system hit, we decided that we'd see how far we could take it.  We were pleasantly surprised ending up in the 90's without sacrificing play preferences.

I'm more of an end gamer than I realized, but still like shoring up past lives and building a strong 5 or so toons to run it.  I'm really not sure what the focus of our guild is anymore.  Either way, I'd be irritated if people just bailed on me without saying anything.  If it's okay, I'll get back to you on this one.

Of course man, I expect nothing less anyway. Just getting it out there before you get Hordorized Tongue

For anything involving maths I ask Wowo...it's so much easier that way. As for end game...it's so much fun doing EE quests or raids with mostly guild or guild/channel we are just running what is fun in that area mostly. A lot of us are still a bit unsure on what gear to bother farming considering all the changes now and shortly with U16/17 and enhancements.

Anyway, I'll probably see you tomorrow night.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

blackwolfe
Waterworks Kobold

I like pie!!

Reply #16 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4746888#post4746888

well the reknown changes were good while they lasted..oh well
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:10pm by blackwolfe »  

Blackwolfe / Blaack / Blaacker / Blaacksong / Blaackfoot / Blaackfeet / Blackjaack / Blaacklisted / RifffRafff

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Ah, so that's why...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint