Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U17 on Lama (Read 16051 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: U17 on Lama
Reply #75 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 17th, 2013 at 3:57pm:
Not with that cloak dropping in there. I want to see the daggertooth belt also.

The gloves are pretty awesome too.  I wanna see what the Falchion and the Boots turn into.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Holy Aura (fort/will) and Nightshield (reflex) no longer provide stacking saves.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #77 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:05pm:
Holy Aura (fort/will) and Nightshield (reflex) no longer provide stacking saves.

Well, that sucks.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  

Curious if stability and resistance stopped stacking then, or if they bumped the other two. One of the few reasons left to pick TN.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:34pm by »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #79 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 7:09pm
Print Post  

This makes me die inside a little. Well the Nightshield. I don't give a fuck about Holy Aura.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Curious if stability and resistance stopped stacking then, or if they bumped the other two. One of the few reasons left to pick TN.

I could have had told you this already if my crafted superior stability outfit didn't mysteriously evaporate during character copy...maybe superior stability is going away?
It was strange, too, the outfit was gone but the armor skin still appeared on the copy.

Will have to check the crafting altar to see if the recipe is still there.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
The undocumented +3 CON bonus from Fury of the Wild has been removed.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #82 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
All in all it looks pretty interesting.

Kinda bummed that they took out the Crucible from the flagging.  But the epic version of the Agility test and the Endurance test will be interesting.  Those two were the parts that really the part that fucked it up for most pugs flagging in the past, at least on Elite.  I don't think I saw a single wipe in there from the actual mobs in 5 years of running it.  The end fight was always a joke.  Back before they nerfed the XP (and also when the only way to boost XP was voice of the master) you could drag 30k from this and Madstone.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I could have had told you this already if my crafted superior stability outfit didn't mysteriously evaporate during character copy...maybe superior stability is going away?
It was strange, too, the outfit was gone but the armor skin still appeared on the copy.

Will have to check the crafting altar to see if the recipe is still there.

Eh, I can make em both. Just stuck at work. Well, and lazy. Can't forget lazy.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2013 at 12:31am by »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #84 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 18th, 2013 at 2:11pm:
you could drag 30k from this and Madstone. 

Back in the days... you could pull 80K+ out of PoP, Madstone and Crucible. ( normal, no XP Boost )

But they fixed that by putting in the fucking retarded bravery bonus.
And making it sure you couldn't enter Gianthold with a character under LVL 10, fuck...
a LVL 8 party in Madstone, PoP or Crucible was real fun...
( and yes I did Crucible, Normal with a fucknig LVL 8 Cleric, it was good time, challenge and fun )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Eh, I can make em both. Just stuck at work. Well, and lazy. Can't forget lazy.

Yeah, they fxd em. dang.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Too lazy to load Lammania client... anyone check to see if they added new Cannith Crafting recipies or increased the levels?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #87 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 1:51pm:
Too lazy to load Lammania client... anyone check to see if they added new Cannith Crafting recipies or increased the levels?

I didn't see anything new last week.  I was hoping that we could craft the low level augment shards. Sad

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 1:51pm:

Nope. No new, altered, or even cheaper recipes. You'd think if they were gonna start augments where cannith stops on spellpower and the like they'd at least remove the purified shard bit. but, well, that would take the people talking to each other to make systems mesh cleanly :/
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:12pm by »  

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 2:08pm:
I didn't see anything new last week.

Ditto.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Jan 16th, 2013 at 3:03pm:
You must now complete the following quests for raid flagging:
Cabal for One
Prison of the Planes
Madstone Crater

This is so fucking retarded. I am starting to think I may never come back to DDO now  Undecided

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #91 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:09pm:
This is so fucking retarded. I am starting to think I may never come back to DDO now  Undecided

I'll grant you that it is a bit disappointing.  Cabal is probably the 2nd biggest cake walk of the walk ups behind TBF.  And it doesn't have the scale or "feel" of Crucible/Madstone/PoP. 

Too many people don't like quests like Prove your Worth/Rackum's Trial or Crucible where the challenge comes from something other than combat, though.  Inferno of the Damned comes to mind too.  Oddly, Monestary of the Scorpion (which has heavy puzzle/trap content) doesn't get as much hatred and gets run often, typically because you can avoid or brute force your way past most of the annoying puzzles and the XP per min is solid.  Lots of people hate Coal Chamber for similar reasons.  Very long quest.  All the fights are small number of mobs with little to no challenge.  Most of the quest is about marioing around as fast as you can.  But Coal has a 0% failure chance, even in a pug.  Elite Crucible at level is a challenge for 70% of the server population. 

Still, back when the cap was 20, Reaver's Fate was a regularly run raid and most people flagged for it regularly.  Since cap raise, though, running the raid become almost as rare as Abbott and Titan.  I pretty much removed it from my speed TR leveling plan, unless I happen to see a quality group doing it when I am in level range. 

All in all, though, it is a minor concern when looking at how cool the Fall of Truth looks and how sweet the loot looks.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #92 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:45pm:
I'll grant you that it is a bit disappointing.  Cabal is probably the 2nd biggest cake walk of the walk ups behind TBF.  And it doesn't have the scale or "feel" of Crucible/Madstone/PoP. 

Too many people don't like quests like Prove your Worth/Rackum's Trial or Crucible where the challenge comes from something other than combat, though.  Inferno of the Damned comes to mind too.  Oddly, Monestary of the Scorpion (which has heavy puzzle/trap content) doesn't get as much hatred and gets run often, typically because you can avoid or brute force your way past most of the annoying puzzles and the XP per min is solid.  Lots of people hate Coal Chamber for similar reasons.  Very long quest.  All the fights are small number of mobs with little to no challenge.  Most of the quest is about marioing around as fast as you can.  But Coal has a 0% failure chance, even in a pug.  Elite Crucible at level is a challenge for 70% of the server population. 

Still, back when the cap was 20, Reaver's Fate was a regularly run raid and most people flagged for it regularly.  Since cap raise, though, running the raid become almost as rare as Abbott and Titan.  I pretty much removed it from my speed TR leveling plan, unless I happen to see a quality group doing it when I am in level range. 

All in all, though, it is a minor concern when looking at how cool the Fall of Truth looks and how sweet the loot looks.

This. I can see why they have done it to be honest - I am very casual at levelling TRs and usually only have one on the go and one in hand. My modus operandi is to ask an expert Crucible runner if they have stuff in level to get close. If you had an urgent need apart from XP to run it I think it's a fun quest but given I suspect many of the elite BB crucible PUGs are trainwrecks I have some sympathy for them flexing it.

Just hope they remembered to flex the plot and add flavour text, given you are getting the favour of 3 folk to get to Crag, are you listening, Turbine? Smiley

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #93 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:09pm:

Meh.  It’s now a “wheat from the chaff” separator.  Epic Crucible isn’t that bad and the named loot is pretty good.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4861275&postcount=110

In Warner owned Turbine, Dev trolls you?
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2013 at 7:59pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint