Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Claw set nerfed? (Read 6722 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Re: Claw set nerfed?
Reply #25 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:15pm:
It was the first new content at the time in like forever.

It was also challenging for the day not to mention really fun.

I can see where a non-GS-wielding 16 or 17 could get run over in at least those two quests (gotta run the others this weekend to check them out); but the moment ED's kick in, I can't see them being much of a challenge - I've been thinking this whole time that those quests had epic (due to seeing "e-Sins" and such) - I was a little annoyed last night and all I had to choose from were heroics.

I also noticed my lvl 24 was still getting XP - which must mean these are insane XP at 16-17?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #26 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
The XP sucks out there. But if you run it on elite with 25s, you're only taking a 10% penalty.

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Chai saying it's not a nerf is priceless.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Other than DA in Bastion this is one of my favorite chains and I feel the design was the high watermark for Turbine.  Each quest was unique and had unique mechanics.  The all had interesting boss fights.  The loot was great. The quests provide an actual challenge at level.  It felt like a real D&D campaign.  The mini bosses were even fun.  The only issue is they give shitty XP.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Chai saying it's not a nerf is priceless.

Start the timer on Infractions and Thread closure.  I put the over under at 2 hours.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #30 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Unless they fix the way rings drop or create some trade in vendor, like any ring plus three trophies for the ring of your choice, any upgrades will be irrelevant.

It's probably asking too much, but if they did epic ToD, having an upgrade to put all three tiers of greensteel recipe on a ring - your choice of weapon or equipment path would be ok with me. Talk about gear consolidation possibilities.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:01pm:
Unless they fix the way rings drop or create some trade in vendor, like any ring plus three trophies for the ring of your choice, any upgrades will be irrelevant.

It's probably asking too much, but if they did epic ToD, having an upgrade to put all three tiers of greensteel recipe on a ring - your choice of weapon or equipment path would be ok with me. Talk about gear consolidation possibilities. 

Either that, or crunch a ring into an augment, so you can get the set bonus that way. (Bonus points if they could fit the aug on the other piece of the set.)

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:01pm:

Unfortunately, this would be the exact opposite of what they have been doing for the last year.

Quote:

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #33 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Either that, or crunch a ring into an augment, so you can get the set bonus that way. (Bonus points if they could fit the aug on the other piece of the set.)

I'd go the reverse - crunch the belt or necklace into an augment. 9 times out of 10 those are more valuable slots than one of two rings. 

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #34 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 1:31pm:
I think they will probably add +7 stat upgrade tokens to Hard/Elite as well.  +7 Stat/+1 Exceptional Stat/+2 Insightful Stat + Set Bonus would fit in with the power level of the augments.

Colorless Slot with +6 stat / +1 Exceptional / Incredible Potential / Set Bonus

Though it would be amusing to see HN/HH/HE versions of 40 ring + belt/necklace sets to cover all of the PrEs and Dragonmarked Heir.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:11pm:
I'd go the reverse - crunch the belt or necklace into an augment. 9 times out of 10 those are more valuable slots than one of two rings. 

True. Was however mostly thinking of post-enhancement pass when you've got the capacity to make toons with multiple sets they'd qualify for. Doesn't really strike me that that's the kinda thing you'd want to make too easy to gear for.

Edit: I do suppose it'd likely be easier for em though to just add belt/ring+shard+Trophy and replace the present GS slot, since the interface is already there.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:49pm by »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #36 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Have to admire Chai's work ethic. Guy is tireless.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #37 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
So Shade came in, stirred shit up, then stepped out... y'all sure he's not hanging around in here still?   Wink

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
On the substance of the specific change though: Meh, so it don't stack. Only problem with it is there's not a shit-ton going for it otherwise.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #39 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Yah I care more about the pattern being set (well, NOW - followed more than set).

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #40 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Good news! Cordovan says its WAI and its for the good of the game.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #41 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:53pm:
Good news! Cordovan says its WAI and its for the good of the game.

Pretty tacky Walter sent Cordovan out to face the masses instead of saying it himself.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #42 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 2:50pm:
So Shade came in, stirred shit up, then stepped out... y'all sure he's not hanging around in here still?   Wink

Oh he's still here. I see him logged in occasionally.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #43 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:10pm:
Pretty tacky Walter sent Cordovan out to face the masses instead of saying it himself.

Feather won't go near that post.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #44 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
This /win of the thread didn't last long . .. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406607

Feather...
Let's have a talk about how bad the loot you made in epic GH is.

Do you care that the general opinion is that it's mostly junk?

Do you care, at all, that most everyone had incredibly high hopes for EGH and you mangled that with a complete and total void of understanding what makes people desire loot?

Do you care that your stealth nerfs have invalidated what amounts to MONTHS of grinding incessantly to get the nerfed items?

Do you still think you are really good at your job, as you've said? (hint here: you shouldn't)

Do you realize how smug your responses come off, intended or not?

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #45 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Next up, "Healing amp should never have worked that way. Look, I made a 50% amp item!"

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #46 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:08pm:
Next up, "Healing amp should never have worked that way. Look, I made a 50% amp item!"

I would take that. I could put something more useful on my TOD ring and get a better prefix on my armor than lesser covalesant.

The vault crowd doesnt seem to adapt to changes in the game very well. "eSoS or bust... there is only 1 way to gear a toon". Old gear should be made obsolete, I already retired one claw set because there were better options. Its so funny to hear new loot sucks because I have to change my old gear. And claw set... it still works amazing on the toons that make the most use of it. The threat gen +healing amp + 5 extra intim +Brawn's spirits is ideal for intimitanks. I know maybe 1 player who can fit in both the claw set and the planar conflux trinket. Plus it pisses off Shade. Seems like a win to me. Now if they'd just put a retroactive purple and yellow slot on my claw set I would be over the moon.

The stealth nerf however is moronic, being upfront should be the order of the day. My toons keep getting better and better from the game changes and I have never had more fun playing them. I like options and having more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #47 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:05pm:
This /win of the thread didn't last long . .. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406607

Feather...
Let's have a talk about how bad the loot you made in epic GH is.

Do you care that the general opinion is that it's mostly junk?

Do you care, at all, that most everyone had incredibly high hopes for EGH and you mangled that with a complete and total void of understanding what makes people desire loot?

Do you care that your stealth nerfs have invalidated what amounts to MONTHS of grinding incessantly to get the nerfed items?

Do you still think you are really good at your job, as you've said? (hint here: you shouldn't)

Do you realize how smug your responses come off, intended or not?

I cant give rep, but if i could, id rep the fuck out of that post.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #48 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 7:08pm:
My toons keep getting better and better from the game changes and I have never had more fun playing them. I like options and having more than 1 way to skin a cat.

You live in Canada. It isn't like you don't have something better to do other than grind gear.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #49 - Feb 8th, 2013 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
I'm not suprised.

I think they don't believe they have enough broken shit.  What they should just do is fuck everything up and get it over with already.  They are going to do that anyway.

I'm glad I don't play anymore. 

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint