Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) HEY FEATHER_OF_SUN!!! (Read 26691 times)
karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Re: HEY FEATHER_OF_SUN!!!
Reply #50 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Eloquent. Bullshit, but eloquent, nonetheless.

ROFL!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #51 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:13pm:
So Jonny, ARE you a Brony?

negative. I watched the first season, to see what all the hype was about. I didnt hate it but I wouldnt say I was a fan and certainly not a brony. Nor do I wear scarves or poor boy caps. I have rocked a sweater vest on occassion in the past but mostly as a guest or usher in spring weddings where a suit jacket was not appropriate due to changing weather or at request of the bride.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #52 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Eloquent. Bullshit, but eloquent, nonetheless.

excellent retort. plenty of points rebutting what I said. i would ask for a little clarity on what you think is bullshit before I respond.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:29pm:
excellent retort. plenty of points rebutting what I said. i would ask for a little clarity on what you think is bullshit before I respond.

How many times have we had this conversation and you've gone right back to stroking yourself over trash loot, or loot you can get off the auction house without even stepping into a quest, or even paying the company for access to the pack and calling it options? Are we up to rev 5 or 6 now?

We get it. It's new and shiny so it must be a good job, and fuck what it does long term to game balance or their bottom line.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #54 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How many times have we had this conversation and you've gone right back to stroking yourself over trash loot, or loot you can get off the auction house without even stepping into a quest, or even paying the company for access to the pack and calling it options? Are we up to rev 5 or 6 now?

We get it. It's new and shiny so it must be a good job, and fuck what it does long term to game balance or their bottom line.

I thinks people like you who have apparently no idea how to think outside the DPS retard box when it comes to gearing out toons. I am running more different types of content than ever before. Raids, Quests, Challenges, Explorer areas all pretty much equally. This has rarely been the case in DDO, and it only gets better as more loot comes out and options are open.

Did you really just take issue with buying things from the auction house? So you have never bought anything to use on an endgame character?

about 1/5 -1/3 of raid/named items historically are useful, the exceptions being Shroud and Tod where everyone can find something useful. Random loot became useless after gianthold. Epic items are probably closer to 1/5 being useful

FoS has kept atleast a level of 1/3 of items being good with the addition making random gen loot useful again and revitalizing pretty much all old loot and challenges. If you cant see that then you are missing out on a lot of gear in the game. Go back to your eSoS and Mari chain and keep crying while the game passes you by. I have said the same thing to guildies, who are bored and tired of their toons dying on EE.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
I thinks people like you who have apparently no idea how to think outside the DPS retard box when it comes to gearing out toons. I am running more different types of content than ever before. Raids, Quests, Challenges, Explorer areas all pretty much equally. This has rarely been the case in DDO, and it only gets better as more loot comes out and options are open.

Did you really just take issue with buying things from the auction house? So you have never bought anything to use on an endgame character?

about 1/5 -1/3 of raid/named items historically are useful, the exceptions being Shroud and Tod where everyone can find something useful. Random loot became useless after gianthold. Epic items are probably closer to 1/5 being useful

FoS has kept atleast a level of 1/3 of items being good with the addition making random gen loot useful again and revitalizing pretty much all old loot and challenges. If you cant see that then you are missing out on a lot of gear in the game. Go back to your eSoS and Mari chain and keep crying while the game passes you by. I have said the same thing to guildies, who are bored and tired of their toons dying on EE.

Aaand were right back to eloquent bullshit. With a side order of assumptions. Please. Wall of text moar. It really makes your point. Though not the one you seem to think it does.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #56 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Aaand were right back to eloquent bullshit. With a side order of assumptions. Please. Wall of text moar. It really makes your point. Though not the one you seem to think it does.

\
8 lines of reading is to much for you? I guess it explains alot.  Roll Eyes

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 5:27pm:
\
8 lines of reading is to much for you? I guess it explains alot.  Roll Eyes

Nope. Just don't have time to repeatedly point out the self-evident to someone so willing to expend that much effort to ignore the obvious.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #58 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:24pm:
negative. I watched the first season, to see what all the hype was about. I didnt hate it but I wouldnt say I was a fan and certainly not a brony. Nor do I wear scarves or poor boy caps. I have rocked a sweater vest on occassion in the past but mostly as a guest or usher in spring weddings where a suit jacket was not appropriate due to changing weather or at request of the bride.

Hey at least you gave it a shot.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #59 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nope. Just don't have time to repeatedly point out the self-evident to someone so willing to expend that much effort to ignore the obvious.

your points are incorrect and biased by the fucking hat and scarf the guy who develops the gear wears pretty pathetic and childish really. But it keeps in line with you unable to read 2 paragraphs at a time. Anything beyond elementary school is beyond you apparently.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
gotta give him some credit Jonny, he does type a warning in his sig.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #61 - Feb 6th, 2013 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
gotta give him some credit Jonny, he does type a warning in his sig.

truth

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Jackknife of Sarlona
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Feb 7th, 2013 at 2:05am
Print Post  
So after reading this thread earlier, I come across this on one of my hockey websites: http://www.battleofcali.com/2013/2/5/3951798/los-angeles-kings-gameday-my-little...

Not only are Bronies designing loot, but now they're taking over my hockey. Wtf, rest.
At least I enjoyed the cheapshot at the Ducks.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Feb 7th, 2013 at 2:19am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:24pm:

Hmmm... not sure... maybe you are just a depressed brony. Or a disapointed brony.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #64 - Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hmmm... not sure... maybe you are just a depressed brony. Or a disapointed brony.

but but Azog, arent I supposed to embrace and accepting to all other cultures, besides does a eurotrash communist have room to point fingers  Wink

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #65 - Feb 7th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 at 12:32pm:
LOL has nothing to do with FoS and more to do with you being a mouth breathing dipshit

The cute way you come to FoS' rescue against all the interwebz bullies proves your statement false (the part about Feather anyway because *ding ding ding* I am *indeed* a mouth breathing dipshit)

And word on the streets is I'm also a cock-sucking asshole...

But you probably already knew that.

/clap

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #66 - Feb 9th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Feb 7th, 2013 at 3:47pm:
The cute way you come to FoS' rescue against all the interwebz bullies proves your statement false (the part about Feather anyway because *ding ding ding* I am *indeed* a mouth breathing dipshit)

But you probably already knew that.

I think you are missing the issue. I agree with J$ (egads!):

I don't hate Feather for what he wears or who he works for; I dislike what he has done to loot, the tables, and how he acts on the forums (superior attitude, contempt for players, jumps mainly on bugs that give players an advantage).

The more (crappy) prefixes and suffixes he creates, the more random items get diluted and useless. They put no logic into the random loot (e.g. there should be a higher amount of prefixes and suffixes with complementary abilities). Pure items are even rarer now.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #67 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 at 11:59pm:
I think you are missing the issue. I agree with J$ (egads!):

I don't hate Feather for what he wears or who he works for; I dislike what he has done to loot, the tables, and how he acts on the forums (superior attitude, contempt for players, jumps mainly on bugs that give players an advantage).

The more (crappy) prefixes and suffixes he creates, the more random items get diluted and useless. They put no logic into the random loot (e.g. there should be a higher amount of prefixes and suffixes with complementary abilities). Pure items are even rarer now.

Hey alot of smart people agree with me!  Wink

Everything you say here is true. I guess I see it in a different light. Before FoS there was no worth while prefixes or suffixes that made anything worth while picking up and using on an endgame character. I think people only focus on the weapons. Now atleast you can get lucky and land a weapon worth using that isnt a raid weapon or epic named weapon, this was not the case before u14 you could craft everythig you needed so the only thing worth looting was blanks and guild slot items and maybe certain handwraps. As for items there are plenty of good ones, same with armors. Yes the very best maybe rare in a watered down large loot table but atleast now its worth looking at items +7;+2pre;+7 suff weapons can be amazing. People actually have a reason to do a loot run now, where as before you would be crazy to waste your time simply running for chests with random loot in them.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
hilarious, that vid is

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 4:55am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 10th, 2013 at 5:48am:
Hey alot of smart people agree with me!  Wink

Everything you say here is true. I guess I see it in a different light. Before FoS there was no worth while prefixes or suffixes that made anything worth while picking up and using on an endgame character.

There were lots of viable end game prefixes and suffixes.  Holy silver greater banes were one of the most sought after items,  +2 necromancy or evocation LGA rings,  major X lore items,  off the top of my head.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #71 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:54am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 4:55am:
There were lots of viable end game prefixes and suffixes.  Holy silver greater banes were one of the most sought after items,  +2 necromancy or evocation LGA rings,  major X lore items,  off the top of my head. 

And all of those practically worthless long before Feather of Sun showed up due to Cannith Crafting and superior lore items being available.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #72 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I have to agree with ONE point tho - for a period of time (year, year and a half, maybe?), there was exactly ONE gearset for each class - anything else was gimp/worthless/useless.

What made it worse was that I suspect the developers were using that limited gearset to develop quests (I have to account for ESoS, because that's what their melee will be carrying).

The broader choices will make for more varied encounters and results.

The problem with my own post, though, is that the choices are all sucky and mediocre and are only BARELY differentiable - 2-12 acid, 2-12 electricity - everything is pretty much the same... bypassing resists aside.

I HATE unpredictability - I royally HATE the random loot commendation turn-in at  the vendors.  I like Double rainbow to a point - right now, it does some decent procs (cow aside); but I can see a near future where FoS will think it funny to proc the damned explosive mine and other negative effects on the player base (because it's "fun").

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #73 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:53pm:
I have to agree with ONE point tho - for a period of time (year, year and a half, maybe?), there was exactly ONE gearset for each class - anything else was gimp/worthless/useless.

What made it worse was that I suspect the developers were using that limited gearset to develop quests (I have to account for ESoS, because that's what their melee will be carrying).

The broader choices will make for more varied encounters and results.

The problem with my own post, though, is that the choices are all sucky and mediocre and are only BARELY differentiable - 2-12 acid, 2-12 electricity - everything is pretty much the same... bypassing resists aside.

I HATE unpredictability - I royally HATE the random loot commendation turn-in at  the vendors.  I like Double rainbow to a point - right now, it does some decent procs (cow aside); but I can see a near future where FoS will think it funny to proc the damned explosive mine and other negative effects on the player base (because it's "fun").

lol so now we condemn him for something you thibk he might do in the future? you butt plug scarf hipster reasons were better  Roll Eyes

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #74 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
lol so now we condemn him for something you thibk he might do in the future? you butt plug scarf hipster reasons were better  Roll Eyes

Now, now, let's be fair - I only fucked with him about the hat and scarf.  Buttplug and hipster was someone else's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint