Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy needs an enema (Read 24888 times)
Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

This guy needs an enema
Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
From one of the lag threads: IronClan wrote: Quote:

Someone with more 'net savvy needs to politely put this moron in his place. Or some other punishment...

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Re: This guy needs an enema
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Why? Are you 'mystafyi'?

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
no, i'm bogre. try to keep up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:52pm:
From one of the lag threads: IronClan wrote:

Someone with more 'net savvy needs to politely put this moron in his place. Or some other punishment...

You really really want ?

Last time I looked at my job position it was written IP Network Integration, Validation and Support Engineer. ( and before that I went through years of Telecom Integration & Support, but nowadays IP Network = Telecom anyway )

I'll look into that thread... But my position might not be the one you want.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I gave up a while ago... it used to be thrudh and leslie doing that "it's all client-side shit.

I loved the 768 mbps DSL comment - he'd shit a brick if I piped in and said I'm getting the same rubberbanding, dc'ing, and chat channels dropping and am on 40 mbps fiber.

He also tends to say the amd bug in his sig's the problem, 'cept that only applies to Windows users.

I tend to believe glitches on random players is caused by something wrong on discrete servers within a given world's cluster (i.e. not all of Thelanis or khyber or what-not).  If there's a bad node in the storage fabric or a bad database within the cluster, it WON'T necessarily affect all players - only a subset.

Last night, I had double my normal latency for about an hour, then it fixed itself - noone was using any network-connected devices at the time.  This kind of behavior and the server crashes tells me there's something majorly wrong inside their datacenter (and/or their ISP).

There's nothing you can do to convince them there's a problem on Turbine's end.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:31am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:25am:
I gave up a while ago... it used to be thrudh and leslie doing that "it's all client-side shit.

I loved the 768 mbps DSL comment - he'd shit a brick if I piped in and said I'm getting the same rubberbanding, dc'ing, and chat channels dropping and am on 40 mbps fiber.

He also tends to say the amd bug in his sig's the problem, 'cept that only applies to Windows users.

I tend to believe glitches on random players is caused by something wrong on discrete servers within a given world's cluster (i.e. not all of Thelanis or khyber or what-not).  If there's a bad node in the storage fabric or a bad database within the cluster, it WON'T necessarily affect all players - only a subset.

Last night, I had double my normal latency for about an hour, then it fixed itself - noone was using any network-connected devices at the time.  This kind of behavior and the server crashes tells me there's something majorly wrong inside their datacenter (and/or their ISP).

Turbine needs to reinstall Windows.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:31am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:31am:

Or at the very least upgrade from Windows 98

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:25am:

Well as I pointed, from Turbine point of view most of the latency sources are client side.

Now I also pointed out that server side can just go locking up 11 persons because the 12th is DCing and the server is not receiving any acknowledge back from that DCing person.

There's more than net involved and I could go all into the latencies involved into database queries, and all the back end stuff at the server side. But what's the point it is going to be lost for 99,99999% of the people on the official forums ( and it will probably earn me an infraction and a ban for exposing guesses on the back end infrastructure )

At the same time what we call server is most probably a few cabinets filled with PC blades ( or similar ) and that can generate lots of fun stuff.

There's definitely, in some case ( typical examples are instance 2049 and 2050 ), a problem at Turbine side... but in 99,99999% of the cases the problem will be at ISP or client side.

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:28am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:31am:

In this case, it's not the OS... someone mis-installed MS Bob and it's taxing their available RAM.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:27am:
There's definitely, in some case ( typical examples are instance 2049 and 2050 ), a problem at Turbine side... but in 99,99999% of the cases the problem will be at ISP or client side.

It could also be between your ISP and Turbine.  Basically, once the packets leave Turbine's data center, Turbine doesn't have much control over what happens between there and your screen. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say 99.9% was outside Turbine, but certainly the majority is probably latency in transit. 

However, Turbine does control how bandwidth intensive the program is and what occurs client side vs. server side with their code base.  They can make the program leaner on bandwidth and/or more forgiving of latency depending on how the architect things. 

To say that Turbine has no ability to plan for, or architect around, the realities of the internet or variances in client PC hardware and configurations is false.  Even though the majority of problems occur outside their control, it is their job to anticipate such issues and build a system robust enough to handle the foreseeable problems.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
It could be that elves blow santa before the long sleigh ride every Christmas.

I know that I have played several other MMOs now, and I have yet to be hanging midair, frozen while 75000 mobs ass rape me.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:57pm:
no, i'm bogre. try to keep up.

Jawsome!

If you know he's wrong why don't you fight your own battles, instead of asking people to fight your battles for you?

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:27am:
but in 99,99999% of the cases the problem will be at ISP or client side

99.9%??? You just lost all credibility. Go play any other MMO and tell me that it's 99.9% common to find yourself frozen for a minute, 5 minutes, 10, daily, in the same instances, along with all of your party, and others in general chat. DDO has a problem, whether the lag/latency are actually internal or a result of poorly anticipating today's internet's rtt's, it's still THEIR problem. My end's good. My end's configured correctly, my ISP is fine, I can play other games just fine.

Nubicus wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 3:28pm:
why don't you fight your own battles

Again, if you'd read the thread in question, you'd see that my response is in there. Now fuck off and stop wasting my time.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:22pm:
Again, if you'd read the thread in question, you'd see that my response is in there. Now fuck off and stop wasting my time.

Oh noez. I wouldn't want to waste your time.

Why don't you comb down your neck beard, and feed your pet snake, to calm down?

I don't know if you misunderstood "Hi, Welcome", but if you thought anyone here was going to help or defend you in a some geek off slap fight with Iron Clan, you must have taken a wrong turn while looking for the Crush It forums. No one here is going to help you. This is the Vault, man. When it comes to DDO "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".   

So why don't you quit wasting our time with this bullshit and find us something lolz worthy to read, and stop asking people who are more 'net savvy to help you not look like the flaming douche bag you are?

Also: Hi, Welcome.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:52pm by Nubicus »  

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #14 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Arkat, did I do it right or do I still need more practice?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #15 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:22pm:
Now fuck off and stop wasting my time.

If only your egg life support told your sperm donor exactly that, we would not have had to endure this waste of precious vault space.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:58pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #16 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:57pm:
If only your egg life support told your sperm donor exactly that, we would not have had to endure this waste of precious vault space.

The brevity and poetry of your insults is a thing to be envied.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #17 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
I wasn't asking anyone to defend me. I was pointing out a hopeless moron for the rest of you to laugh at and flame. I wasn't prepared for the stupidity of nubicus to overshadow that of ironclan, but i spose another moron to laugh at is always good. Oh, and fuck off.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #18 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:50pm:
I wasn't asking anyone to defend me. I was pointing out a hopeless moron for the rest of you to laugh at and flame. I wasn't prepared for the stupidity of nubicus to overshadow that of ironclan, but i spose another moron to laugh at is always good. Oh, and fuck off.

You're not very good at this.

IP Logged

Feklar
Korthos Resident

Not a hater, ... unless
you're human.

Reply #19 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Ah, I see, troll. I tend to give people more credit than they deserve. But i see now your feigned stupidity is an attempt to enflame me. You win.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:53pm:
Arkat, did I do it right or do I still need more practice?

Hi Welcome

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #21 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:03am:
Hi Welcome

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #22 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:11pm:
Ah, I see, troll. I tend to give people more credit than they deserve. But i see now your feigned stupidity is an attempt to enflame me. You win.

Don't give Nubicus any credit.  Most of us assume he was kicked in the head a lot at an early age.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #23 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:50pm:

Btw, wrong forum.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Bitch fight!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint