Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy needs an enema (Read 24891 times)
JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Re: This guy needs an enema
Reply #25 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 11:11pm:
Ah, I see, troll. I tend to give people more credit than they deserve. But i see now your feigned stupidity is an attempt to enflame me. You win.

i think it would be safer for you to click on user CP; edit profile; enter your password; then click delete user.

I'm pretty sure the vault is not a good place for you. Its a chainsaw or flame thrower chose your weapon kind of place, and you seem to be armed with plastic cutlery of the teaspoon variety.

Goodbye see you

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
When I complain about lag, I always make sure it is affecting others as well.

I'm very computer literate person (CPSC degree, been messing with computers since I was a teenager and my first computer was an Atari 800).  I know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers and networking and such.

The lag that people are bitching about on the forums is NOT any of the client side related lag.

It is going into Mindsunder with 5 people and getting stuck in place for 1-2 minutes at a time with extreme rubber-banding ( a \loc shows we are in i2049).
(At this time, no one is DC-ing).

It is being in the marketplace and rubberbanding for 2-3 minutes and everyone else in our guild (not just our party) is experiencing it, along with everyone in General chat complaining about it.

Sure, there are times when I get an occasional hiccup in a quest that is probably ISP related... but I don't bitch about that.   I understand what that is and it usually doesn't cause a death or an issue... I accept that as the state of the technology and not much anyone can do about that.

But to say 99.9999% of the lag issues are client-side is just stupid. 

In the last 6 months, this "stuck-in-place, rubberbanding" for 2-3 minutes instances of lag that affect many people at once as occurred more often than previously... And the fact that servers have been crashing more often in that same time period probably has something do with it.

Look, I know nerds like to sound like they know what they are talking about.   That's why whenever someone posts on this forum or on the DDO forum, the first response is usually from some person (who probably lives in his/her mom's basement) directly contradicting it with their "expert" opinion about it.   

If somehow, you have managed to avoid these instances of lag that are not client side, then congratulations... you've just been lucky... it's not been because you have a better rig or a better ISP connection.

Turbine has a problem.  Again, many people who experience this type of lag, play other online games without having this type of lag.    But I'm sure some of you "lag truthers" will have some theory to explain that away as well.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:16am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:49am:
i think it would be safer for you to click on user CP; edit profile; enter your password; then click delete user.

I'm pretty sure the vault is not a good place for you. Its a chainsaw or flame thrower chose your weapon kind of place, and you seem to be armed with plastic cutlery of the teaspoon variety.

Goodbye see you

More like a spork - has some pseudo-effective edges on it, but needs to decide on its identity.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #28 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:13am:

I'm very computer literate person (CPSC degree, been messing with computers since I was a teenager and my first computer was an Atari 800).  I know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers and networking and such.

The lag that people are bitching about on the forums is NOT any of the client side related lag.

It is going into Mindsunder with 5 people and getting stuck in place for 1-2 minutes at a time with extreme rubber-banding ( a \loc shows we are in i2049).

It is being in the marketplace and rubberbanding for 2-3 minutes and everyone else in our guild (not just our party) is experiencing it, along with everyone in General chat complaining about it.

Sure, there are times when I get an occasional hiccup in a quest that is probably ISP related... but I don't bitch about that.   I understand what that is and it usually doesn't cause a death or an issue... I accept that as the state of the technology and not much anyone can do about that.

In the last 6 months, this "stuck-in-place, rubberbanding" for 2-3 minutes instances of lag that affect many people at once as occurred more often than previously... And the fact that servers have been crashing more often in that same time period probably has something do with it.

Look, I know nerds like to sound like they know what they are talking about.   That's why whenever someone posts on this forum or on the DDO forum, the first response is usually from some person (who probably lives in his/her mom's basement) directly contradicting it with their "expert" opinion about it.   

If somehow, you have managed to avoid these instances of lag that are not client side, then congratulations... you've just been lucky... it's not been because you have a better rig or a better ISP connection.

Turbine has a problem.  Again, many people who experience this type of lag, play other online games without having this type of lag.    But I'm sure some of you "lag truthers" will have some theory to explain that away as well.

Could you post more words to describe something that no one cares about? Not just a few more words, like 10x more words. At least that would be entertaining. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:21am by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #29 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:13am:

With all you know, you forgot to try reinstalling your OS. THAT FIXES EVERYTHING.

A new video card might help too. Because your refresh rate is sure to bring down EVERYONE IN THE MARKETPLACE.

Sorry. I was going ahead and get those out there before a dumb ass posted something about it being client side.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #30 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:23am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:18am:
With all you know, you forgot to try reinstalling your OS. THAT FIXES EVERYTHING.

A new video card might help too. Because your refresh rate is sure to bring down EVERYONE IN THE MARKETPLACE.

Sorry. I was going ahead and get those out there before a dumb ass posted something about it being client side.

Anyone who says that lag doesn't exist in any other game except DDO is high. This guy talks about other nerds trying to seem important by claiming to be an expert and then he blows his cover by saying that no other game has lag. Bullshit.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:24am by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Remember all that client side lag in the Shroud.  How did we fix that?  Oh, yeah they had to redo combat because their shitty code couldn't handle the number of calculations.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #32 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:23am:
Anyone who says that lag doesn't exist in any other game except DDO is high. This guy talks about other nerds trying to seem important by claiming to be an expert and then he blows his cover by saying that no other game has lag. Bullshit.

I agree that other games have lag. I have not played a lot of other MMO's but I have played a few. I have yet to encounter the awe inspiring lag that DDO provides. The kind of lag that you can mark that start and end of on a calendar.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #33 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:24am:
Remember all that client side lag in the Shroud.  How did we fix that?  Oh, yeah they had to redo combat because their shitty code couldn't handle the number of calculations.

Remember ANY side vs side battle in Warhammer or Starwars? Fucking unbelievable go make yourself a sandwich lag.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #34 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:18am:

Honestly, I think other than on Khyber the vast majority of lag is user side. Khyber has always been plagued with bad/weird lag. I have never experienced the lag I see described by Khyber players other than specific identifiable times high traffic (i.e. Mabar festival) or Turbine screwing around behind the scenes (pre update/midnight maintenance) I have spent significant time on 4 servers Argo, Mabar Ghallanda and Thelanis. Khyber is the anomaly and where most of the lag complaints come from.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:23am:

Honestly...  I've never had the constant, repeatable, and  regular lag that DDO has in any other game.  Lag is like a second DM.  We have all just become so used to it that we accept it as part of the game.  An occasional lag spike or latency in a very crowded area...sure but freezing up constantly and causing wipes.  No.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:31am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:32am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am:
Honestly, I think other than on Khyber the vast majority of lag is user side. Khyber has always been plagued with bad/weird lag. I have never experienced the lag I see described by Khyber players other than specific identifiable times high traffic (i.e. Mabar festival) or Turbine screwing around behind the scenes (pre update/midnight maintenance) I have spent significant time on 4 servers Argo, Mabar Ghallanda and Thelanis. Khyber is the anomaly and where most of the lag complaints come from.

Correct it's all in the client and the DDO client is a piece of garbage.

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #37 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:29am:
Remember ANY side vs side battle in Warhammer or Starwars? Fucking unbelievable go make yourself a sandwich lag.

Truth.
I think Flav (who apparently knows his stuff when it comes to ISProviding issues) hit the nail on the head when it comes to the majority of multiserver lag sources. I have run DDO flawlessly for hours at a time while chatting in vent and watching netflx while tethered to my iphone 4 because my home internet connection was down.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #38 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am:
Honestly...  I've never had the constant, repeatable, and  regular lag that DDO has in any other game.  Lag is like a second DM.  We have all just become so used to it that we accept it as part of the game.  An occasional lag spike or latency in a very crowded area...sure but freezing up constantly and causing wipes.  No.

Have you ever played on another server besides Khyber?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:40am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:28am:
I agree that other games have lag. I have not played a lot of other MMO's but I have played a few. I have yet to encounter the awe inspiring lag that DDO provides. The kind of lag that you can mark that start and end of on a calendar.

There are quite a few people who left DDO because of lag or bugs or lack of content back in game today. I've stopped buying new games for the first time in my life. The last game I bought, last summer sometime for $70 and I don't even remember the name,  I never even downloaded. I did another TR life instead and by the time I finished that life 2 weeks later everyone that went to go play that game was back. Shit, my cable box lags sometimes and tells me the server is busy. If there is any service on earth that doesn't experience some lag at one time or another then I'll bet that service is in dire need of a few more customers.

I've played DDO a few times a week since 2006 except for a few days here and there and a few breaks. The lag has never been so bad to cause me to look for another game. I might have given up for the night, just like some nights that I sit down to watch a pay per view movie and it isn't available because the server is down, but the game has been up and playable enough that I continue to enjoy it.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #40 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am:

Bullshit. Entire sides wiped in warhammer because the lag was so fucking terrible you could not see what was happening. I'm talking about as bad as the first live event that DDO had in the marketplace, except that these were much newer games with supposedly more robust infrastructure.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:43am
Print Post  
I have no idea what are the causes of lag. So I guess if there are lots of fireballs, storm sleet, casters and my PC lags...well...I will think it is my shitty PC.
But if I get lag and rubberbanding constantly in some Phiarlan Carnival quests, I will think that something is odd with Turbine coding.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #42 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:45am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:35am:
Have you ever played on another server besides Khyber?

Great point. Khyber has much worse lag than Ghallanda. I concede that point.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #43 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:30am:
I think other than on Khyber the vast majority of lag is user side. Khyber has always been plagued with bad/weird lag. I have never experienced the lag I see described by Khyber players other than specific identifiable times high traffic (i.e. Mabar festival) or Turbine screwing around behind the scenes (pre update/midnight maintenance) I have spent significant time on 4 servers Argo, Mabar Ghallanda and Thelanis. Khyber is the anomaly and where most of the lag complaints come from.

This information would have been useful a long time ago. I am now no longer on speaking terms with you.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #44 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:51am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:49am:
This information would have been useful a long time ago. I am now no longer on speaking terms with you.

You've escalated the relationship to kissing terms? You're sweet like candy.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #45 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Someone please tell J$ to "Suck it" for me.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:45am:
Great point. Khyber has much worse lag than Ghallanda. I concede that point.

Maybe saying DPS DPS DPS DPS x 10.000 at the mic causes some negatives reverberations in the Space Time Continuum.
Is it more laggy when Shade is playing?

In Argo we have Snootch...this could explain the relative lack of lag...

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #47 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe saying DPS DPS DPS DPS x 10.000 at the mic causes some negatives reverberations in the Space Time Continuum.
Is it more laggy when Shade is playing?

In Argo we have Snootch...this could explain the relative lack of lag...

I'll never forget the first time I ran a raid with Shade in the group. He didn't get the buff that he required, and after berating the person for not carrying that buff, stood in the corner for the rest of the raid afk. I doubt that he is the cause of the lag.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #48 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:49am:

Allis Chalmers WC tractor by cjp02, on Flickr

Kiss

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #49 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:58am:
I'll never forget the first time I ran a raid with Shade in the group. He didn't get the buff that he required, and after berating the person for not carrying that buff, stood in the corner for the rest of the raid afk. I doubt that he is the cause of the lag.

what are these buffs you keep talking about? I dont thenk they exist on Argo

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint