Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This guy needs an enema (Read 24885 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: This guy needs an enema
Reply #50 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:26am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:21am:
Allis Chalmers WC tractor by cjp02, on Flickr

Some one tell J$ the seat on that tractor isn't original.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #51 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:48am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:26am:
Some one tell J$ the seat on that tractor isn't original.

Smiley

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #52 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Ok. I am talking to you again. Those decals are in the wrong place. Nice unstyled WC though!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #53 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:50am:
Ok. I am talking to you again. Those decals are in the wrong place. Nice unstyled WC though!

a 1937 steel wheel... not as nice as a 1940 rubber wheel would have been to drive

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #54 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:54am:

a 1937 steel wheel... not as nice as a 1940 rubber wheel would have been to drive

LOL yes!

Maybe if you get down here, you can get a chance to try it.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #55 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Feklar wrote on Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:22pm:
99.9%??? You just lost all credibility. Go play any other MMO and tell me that it's 99.9% common to find yourself frozen for a minute, 5 minutes, 10, daily, in the same instances, along with all of your party, and others in general chat. DDO has a problem, whether the lag/latency are actually internal or a result of poorly anticipating today's internet's rtt's, it's still THEIR problem. My end's good. My end's configured correctly, my ISP is fine, I can play other games just fine.

Again, if you'd read the thread in question, you'd see that my response is in there. Now fuck off and stop wasting my time.

It can be at Turbine, but it can also be any where in the backbone of the carriers... ( read: Cogent, Pnap, Level3, Equant, ... )

You have no idea how easy it's to generate a 'hiccup' in those. One node goes down in there, it takes between 10 second and 10 minutes for the routing tables to update [ depending on network complexity ] and during that update you're going to stay frozen, because packets are still going to come, eventually.... and if that node is used by you and your friends you're all going to be frozen.
Enve if your PC is fine, your ISP is fine and the fucking Turbine servers are fine.

I work all day fixing those fucking hiccups, or trying to find the root cause of those fucking hiccups.
I'm one of the guys that gets called up when a 10Gb link flaps and all the LDP peers stay in INIT stage ( meaning that no traffic witll go through and the routing tables are not updated... meaning Freeze time and Red Link for a lot of people in DDO ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #56 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:05am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:34am:
Truth.
I think Flav (who apparently knows his stuff when it comes to ISProviding issues) hit the nail on the head when it comes to the majority of multiserver lag sources. I have run DDO flawlessly for hours at a time while chatting in vent and watching netflx while tethered to my iphone 4 because my home internet connection was down.

Froggy linkie :
http://www.lamontagne.fr/auvergne/actualite/2013/01/02/les-explications-de-la-pa...

( sorry for the Frog, the important part is the pictures )

100K subscriber out of net on january 1st, colleague of mine on call got called at 3:20 AM, problem fixed at 10PM.

I had the fucking pistures in my mailbox at 11PM, that is one fucking day before the newsies got them.

Turbine Servers were fine ( I played the whole fucking day ), some ISPs were fine, some ( those that had equipment in that coloc room ) were not.

From the end customer point of view : everything looked fine, internet seemed up and all, except that they couldn't surf, phone, watch videos....

I work in that fucking shit. and trust me it's really a fucking shit [ errm, I shouldn't type that from work *shrug* ]

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #57 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:05am:
Froggy linkie :
http://www.lamontagne.fr/auvergne/actualite/2013/01/02/les-explications-de-la-pa...

( sorry for the Frog, the important part is the pictures )

100K subscriber out of net on january 1st, colleague of mine on call got called at 3:20 AM, problem fixed at 10PM.

I had the fucking pistures in my mailbox at 11PM, that is one fucking day before the newsies got them.

Turbine Servers were fine ( I played the whole fucking day ), some ISPs were fine, some ( those that had equipment in that coloc room ) were not.

From the end customer point of view : everything looked fine, internet seemed up and all, except that they couldn't surf, phone, watch videos....

I work in that fucking shit. and trust me it's really a fucking shit [ errm, I shouldn't type that from work *shrug* ]

a picture with scorch marks is worth a thousand words  Grin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #58 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:42am:
Bullshit. Entire sides wiped in warhammer because the lag was so fucking terrible you could not see what was happening. I'm talking about as bad as the first live event that DDO had in the marketplace, except that these were much newer games with supposedly more robust infrastructure.

...and where is Warhammer today.  Dead.    Retooled as a Single Player game with a Multiplayer Experience.  Referencing Failed MMO is Fail.  Now, WoW, Eve, CoH, SWTOR, DCU, AoC, Tabula Rasa, Rift ...not once in any of those title have I ever seen the kind of issues with client/server performance and stability that I do in DDO.

@J$  Yeah, Khyber has an illustrious history of being one of the worth performing servers.  It's also one of the more active and higher pop severs too which may have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:18am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #59 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:51am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:08am:
a picture with scorch marks is worth a thousand words  Grin

exactly... well the pictures I received are not exactly the same... it's more than scorch marks, the failure ( probably a short circuit ) melted a lot of metal on the side ( well the top ) of the rectifier.

Next time I'll take them myself... I spent the afternoon in the test lab... Testing fucking Network Nodes that were sent back by telcos with the comment : fucking thing is broke, replacing it.

Except that, to validate the replacement I need fucking logs of the fucking failure of the fucking node.

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:53am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Torgal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:24am:
Remember all that client side lag in the Shroud.  How did we fix that?  Oh, yeah they had to redo combat because their shitty code couldn't handle the number of calculations.

To be fair, DDO's combat is a lot more intensive then any MMO that I have played.  If you had 9 melee's surrounding harry, how many attacks per second was that?  How many hitbox calculations were needed per second? 

Now compare that to WoW, some attacks take seconds to perform, not X attacks per second, but 1 attack per X seconds.  A lot less calculations needed for this by far.  You are also rooted for the attacks so hitbox calculations are going to be easier also.

They redid combat by making off-hand proc off of main hand attacks and added double strike.  Reducing the number of calcs needed, IRC the glancing blows not procing while moving was part of this too.

Overall I think that if we want a real-time action MMO with dynamic movement and positioning, we will probably have to live with this kind of issue, especially with a 10 year old code base.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #61 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Torgal wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:21pm:
Now compare that to WoW, some attacks take seconds to perform, not X attacks per second, but 1 attack per X seconds.  A lot less calculations needed for this by far.  You are also rooted for the attacks so hitbox calculations are going to be easier also.d code base.

This isn't true...

1) Some attacks have a long cooldown but you cycle multiple attacks, you don't just have 1 button labeled "Do Something".  Honestly, high level raiding in WoW, EQ and many other games is incredibly complex.  Tanking in SWTOR for instance I'm cycling over 20 abilities in the course of an 15 minute boss fight against Energy Generation, Global Cooldown, and Individual Ability Cooldowns.

2) Their parties weren't limited to 12 they had 40 man raids.  Now, do those same calculation and add in a ton of adds plus all the bloom and graphical pretty from 40 people attacking. I believe EQ2 had 80.

3) Most DDO Raids consist of Nuke Boss and Heal.  Many other games have extensive support role integration into raiding increasing the overall complexity.

Imagine Harry with 40 toons plus waves of spawning devils say 20 at a time.  With actual movement and mechanics rather than just a being a giant punching bag and then tell me DDO is so much more complicated than other MMOs.

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:42pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #62 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:38pm:
Their parties weren't limited to 12 they had 40 man raids.  Now, do those same calculation and add in a ton of adds plus all the bloom and graphical pretty from 40 people attacking

They don't have Mr. Piaz in the chain of command though.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #63 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:39pm:
They don't have Mr. Piaz in the chain of command though.

..or Mrs. Piaz she piloted this ship in this direction for a while as well.  They are like the Bonnie and Clyde of MMO Leadership.

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #64 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:44pm:
..or Mrs. Piaz she piloted this ship in this direction for a while as well.  They are like the Bonnie and Clyde of MMO Leadership.

More like Thelma and Louise

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Torgal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
This isn't true...

How many 40 man raids does WoW have now? (how many over 12?)

What is the global cool down between abilities in SWTOR?  (never played it, so no clue)

Other games raids are definitely more complex than DDO, I remember my wife and her guild practicing for hours on where to stand during different phases of raids (she's a healer usually) and where everyone else needs to be positioned. 

But if you had 9 TWF's surrounding harry, that is a lot of calculations to do.  In WoW in a party of 12, how many were actually standing around swinging at a boss? How many actions per second were being done overall?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #66 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Torgal wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:59pm:
How many 40 man raids does WoW have now? (how many over 12?)

2 - 20
6 - 25
2 - 40
5 - Unlimited

The problem isn't the tech with 40's is the loot mechanics and the fact that few guild can muster a 40 man so it's not worth the effort.

Torgal wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:59pm:
But if you had 9 TWF's surrounding harry, that is a lot of calculations to do.  In WoW in a party of 12, how many were actually standing around swinging at a boss? How many actions per second were being done overall?

Trivial on modern machines.  An i7 quad core pushes 82,300 MIPS at 2.66Ghz (or 70 gFlops per a Sec if you prefer).  Don't believe the hype.  The engine is old, inefficient, and poorly designed.  It has nothing to do with some inherent complexity in DDO that is beyond all other games.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:29pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
This isn't true...

1) Some attacks have a long cooldown but you cycle multiple attacks, you don't just have 1 button labeled "Do Something".  Honestly, high level raiding in WoW, EQ and many other games is incredibly complex.  Tanking in SWTOR for instance I'm cycling over 20 abilities in the course of an 15 minute boss fight against Energy Generation, Global Cooldown, and Individual Ability Cooldowns.

2) Their parties weren't limited to 12 they had 40 man raids.  Now, do those same calculation and add in a ton of adds plus all the bloom and graphical pretty from 40 people attacking. I believe EQ2 had 80.

3) Most DDO Raids consist of Nuke Boss and Heal.  Many other games have extensive support role integration into raiding increasing the overall complexity.

Imagine Harry with 40 toons plus waves of spawning devils say 20 at a time.  With actual movement and mechanics rather than just a being a giant punching bag and then tell me DDO is so much more complicated than other MMOs.

Honestly :

SWTOR raiding is a slideshow on my 7 Years old PC ( Pentium D 930 @ 3GHz )
I've done it once, felt useless as being unable to do more than hide in a safe place.

On the other hand for DDO to end up with the same result you need a Massive Event, as in Marketplace Tent Blowing...

Now I can't compare both as there's a 6 year difference between the two, DDO is single core single thread, SWTOR is at least dual threaded ( as I have only two single threaded Pentium4 I can't tell if SWOTOR uses more cores ).
On the network side, SWTOR is using up more bandwidth than DDO. ( even with the empty packets DDO sends... but I'm fairly sure those empty packets are voice chat... and they are empty because nobody talk at that time )

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #68 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:35pm:
Honestly :

SWTOR raiding is a slideshow on my 7 Years old PC ( Pentium D 930 @ 3GHz )
I've done it once, felt useless as being unable to do more than hide in a safe place.

On the other hand for DDO to end up with the same result you need a Massive Event, as in Marketplace Tent Blowing...

Now I can't compare both as there's a 6 year difference between the two, DDO is single core single thread, SWTOR is at least dual threaded ( as I have only two single threaded Pentium4 I can't tell if SWOTOR uses more cores ).
On the network side, SWTOR is using up more bandwidth than DDO. ( even with the empty packets DDO sends... but I'm fairly sure those empty packets are voice chat... and they are empty because nobody talk at that time )

This isn't a DDO to SWTOR comparison it's a DDO to the world comparison.  SWTOR is a pig.  It's super hardware intense.   Especially graphically...  It's about the nonsense argument that DDO lags because it does so many more calcs than any other game...

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #69 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:17am:
...and where is Warhammer today.  Dead.    Retooled as a Single Player game with a Multiplayer Experience.  Referencing Failed MMO is Fail.  Now, WoW, Eve, CoH, SWTOR, DCU, AoC, Tabula Rasa, Rift ...not once in any of those title have I ever seen the kind of issues with client/server performance and stability that I do in DDO.

Listen Fuck Face MMO boy. You're talking about DDO having too much lag to play. I say warhammer so you change your story to DDO and Warhammer being the only MMOs that lag. What about Star Wars? You don't have an opinion on that one or doesn't that one lag in your expert MMO boy experience?

Saying DDO is the only MMO that lags is like calling you the only faggot. It's fucking preposterous.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #70 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:22pm:
Listen Fuck Face MMO boy. You're talking about DDO having too much lag to play. I say warhammer so you change your story to DDO and Warhammer being the only MMOs that lag. What about Star Wars? You don't have an opinion on that one or doesn't that one lag in your expert MMO boy experience?

Saying DDO is the only MMO that lags is like calling you the only faggot. It's fucking preposterous.

I know after swallowing 40 or so of Tarrent's loads it becomes difficult to think clearly so I'll cut you some slack.  I'm saying exactly what I said.  Only DDO and MMO's that no longer exist have the soul crushing, constant, unfixed lag. 

Every online game will experience occasional lag.  No other game locks up every time you swap gear.  Freezes for minutes out of the blue.  Has entire server wide lock ups or DC's where no one can do anything.  These are DDO's alone.  So, clean the cum out of your eyes and try to read clearly you jizz covered strawman.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:33pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #71 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:32pm:
I know after swallowing 40 or so of Tarrent's loads it becomes difficult to think clearly so I'll cut you some slack.  I'm saying exactly what I said.  Only DDO and MMO's that no longer exist have the soul crushing, constant, unfixed lag. 

Every online game will experience occasional lag.  No other game locks up every time you swap gear.  Freezes for minutes out of the blue.  Has entire server wide lock ups or DC's where no one can do anything.  These are DDO's alone.  So, clean the cum out of your eyes and try to read clearly you jizz covered strawman.

A straw man is an argument that you present in order to misrepresent your opponents opinion. You straw manned yourself.

A diseased discharging cunt is what you see in the mirror.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:38pm by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #72 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:36pm:
A straw man is an argument that you present in order to divert the attention from the issue at hand.

A diseased discharging cunt is what you see in the mirror.

Yes, your strawman...  100 v 100 PvP in a canceled MMO lagged therefore DDO is normal.

Speaking of diseased cunts, when Tolero finishes pegging you does she make you eat her yeasty discharge or do you do by choice?

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #73 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:38pm:
Yes, your strawman...  100 v 100 PvP in a canceled MMO lagged therefore DDO is normal.

Speaking of diseased cunts, when Tolero finishes pegging you does she make you eat her yeasty discharge or do you do by choice?

No, asshole face, you said there are no other MMOs that lag like DDO. I named two others. Then you changed your position and blamed me.

Your angry is too fast for your stupid to keep up. Take a breath. Eat some vitamins. Read a book. Get smarter and find a couple good burns. I'll be here, shitlips.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:43pm by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 1:47pm:
This isn't a DDO to SWTOR comparison it's a DDO to the world comparison.  SWTOR is a pig.  It's super hardware intense.   Especially graphically...  It's about the nonsense argument that DDO lags because it does so many more calcs than any other game...

Yup, we used to have 100+ in a zone for Hami raids in CoH.  Groups of 8 I think, with all the chat, etc.  I can't remember what the instance cap, it was 150-250 and we'd take it to cap.  It literally took that many people to do the raid when it first started. 

They should have fixed the engine when before the twf changes, or when MotU came out.  That what happened there, when they did the expansions (CoV, Going Rogue) they were accompanies by engine updates (graphics, physics, etc).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint