Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Gianthold Tor (Read 13138 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Gianthold Tor
Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:33am
Print Post  
So, I finally did Gianthold Tor two days ago.  Yes, I'm really behind the times, I know.  I thought it was going to be hard.  I decided to solo it on Normal just to see what things in there were like before I embarrassed myself in a really hard quest.

I was all set to try to get both levers with my panther after I killed all of the giants in that area when I noticed the first change.  The simultaneous levers are no longer needed.  Just pull the one lever and then pull the other lever whenever.

Okay, so the second hardest part of Gianthold Tor is now eliminated.  And now on to the end fight of the quest.  So, where's that square for me to stand on?  Oh, wait, we don't have to do that anymore.  Just have to blow up two statues and kill some Giant boss with his respawning skeletal giant lackeys.  I was on a Wizard, so I was very glad that the two statues weren't crystals or it would have been impossible for me to destroy them.  That end fight wasn't bad at all.

This has been a public service announcement for anyone who hasn't gone into Gianthold Tor yet.  Just jump in and start murdering giants.  I jumped into an EH Tor right after that and picked up 6 Flawless scales as we murdered the shit out of 3 dragons.  It's not as hard as you're expecting.

I was trying to farm up a decent docent.  Looks like I'll end up with a Flawless Dragonscale Docent (either White or Blue) before I end up with any of the old-school Epic docents.  It's kind of sad when gear that is now "leveling" gear takes forever to farm while Flawless Dragonscales fall from the sky.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: Gianthold Tor
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Yes. So why do anything but elite?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:34am:
Yes. So why do anything but elite?

Because I hate posting LFMs.  The LFM that was up was for EH.

I didn't think that this thread was necessary for most of us, but there are folks here who haven't even Shrouded yet (no judgement), so I figured I'd put this up to encourage the people who haven't gotten around to eTor yet.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:41am by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:43am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:39am:
Because I hate posting LFMs.  The LFM that was up was for EH.

I didn't think that this thread was necessary for most of us, but there are folks here who haven't even Shrouded yet (no judgement), so I figured I'd put this up to encourage the people who haven't gotten around to eTor yet.

Never post an LFM. I am lurking. I would join. And you donīt know my toons.  Smiley

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
It's about a week long R&D if you do 1 EE Tor everynight. Put an LFM up for EE Tor. It will fill immediately. Take notes on who made your life easier and who was a retard. Exclude the retards from subsequent runs. Viola. Soup. You'll have a relatively static group to grab EE loot within 2 weeks. You can make pretty good cash and outfit all of your toons pretty quickly and the scales stack up. I think I have over 60 of each after making the sets I need. I even made an extra set on my fighter in case I feel like making him a barb.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:45am by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:44am:
It's about a week long R&D if you do 1 EE Tor everynight. Put an LFM up for EE Tor. It will fill immediately. Take notes on who made your life easier and who was a retard. Exclude the retards from subsequent runs. Viola. Soup. You'll have a relatively static group to grab EE loot within 2 weeks. You can make pretty good cash and outfit all of your toons pretty quickly and the scales stack up. I think I have over 60 of each after making the sets I need. I even made an extra set on my fighter in case I feel like making him a barb.

This.  eGH has removed the loot grind.  It's crazy easy to get geared these days.  Easier than anytime since I've been in game.

Even if EE isn't your thing, honestly, the EH versions of everything are virtually identical.  Take two identical builds.  Give one all EH gear.  Give the other all EE gear.  If the same player played both toons, I doubt they would be able to tell the difference. 

They really need to either revamp the drop rates on the seals and shards or give you an exchange vendor for seals and shards like they have for scrolls.  There is no point in old epics being so hard to get.  Especially when all but a handful of them are only leveling gear for levels 20-22. 

I'm usually months behind the curve on gear because I play less than most end gamers.  But all 4 of my toons are fully geared at this point with a few exceptions.  My wiz still needs a Twilight and a Tablecloth.  My monk (recently converted to a monk last month) needs Antipode and Pinion and a Great Shard to move a GS Item.  My FvS would like Halcyon boots.  My fighter still wants an SoS Shard. 

And that's it.  Pretty much just raid loot.  And gathering commendations for upgrades.  It's great.  I can focus on lots of other things. 

Because of this change the game feels less grindy than it has since before epic gear came out.  Even Shroud and DT Armor are more grindy than eGH.  Fuck.  They give you EN items every third run of the chains both in Eveningstar and GH.  You can get a poor man's level of gearing by running normal (which anyone could solo even) for a week or two.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
EH doesn't matter pope, and it's not meant to be hard.  Mobs in EE literally hit 10x as hard for over 300.  I think mobs also have 10x as much HP too. 

Not saying EE is hard either, but the difference between EH and EE is night and day.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
50+ EE Tors, still don't have the helms I need.

Eliminated the loot grind?  Are you high?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm:

I've got a helmet for you.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Heroic elite Tor is a joke. I just did heroic for the first time yesterday (at level). The giants have no saves and do no damage. The end fight was absurd - one DBF for each of the totems, and one (yes one) disint took care of the red name. The dragon/giant pairs were jokes too, the only halfway dangerous part was the traps.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm:
I've got a helmet for you.

Does it smell like my mother?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I use the EE black helm on your mom. She's horny.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:46pm:

So trade for it.  That's the beauty of the BtCoE system.  I didn't pull all my helms.  I bought one on the AH for 2.1 million plat.  (White).  Pulled my blue and black and traded a set of EE Treads for another EE Blue (for my wizzy).  The Int and charisma blues aren't in as much of demand due to the Optics, Tablecloth, and Planar focuses all being alternate sources of the +8/+3 Int/Charisma.  Wisdom, likewise as a few other sources (stormreaver ring). 

I probably only pulled about 30% of my EE gear.  Most of the time I pulled stuff I didn't want, so I traded it for stuff I did want.  Still 50+ runs is nothing.  I'm north of 200 runs for an SoS shard.  With no other options and a drop rate that is known to be shit.  You might be having some bad helm luck, but it won't hold out that long. 

EE runs in GH are about as difficult as old 6 man epics used to be.  Not desert 6 mans.  More like VoN/Fens 6 mans.  You can do it with a semi-competent group.  Soloing is possible on a few builds by a select group of players.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:41pm:
EH doesn't matter pope, and it's not meant to be hard.  Mobs in EE literally hit 10x as hard for over 300.  I think mobs also have 10x as much HP too. 

Not saying EE is hard either, but the difference between EH and EE is night and day.

I've absolutely noticed this in quests in general.  EH does matter, though, because it's something that most players can do easily.  I mostly started this thread to encourage people to get into EH Tor and get the loot and fun that they wanted since all of us can do that, no matter what character build/gear/play skill we have.

Fuck, even I can do it.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #14 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:56pm:
So trade for it.  That's the beauty of the BtCoE system.  I didn't pull all my helms.  I bought one on the AH for 2.1 million plat.  (White).  Pulled my blue and black and traded a set of EE Treads for another EE Blue (for my wizzy).  The Int and charisma blues aren't in as much of demand due to the Optics, Tablecloth, and Planar focuses all being alternate sources of the +8/+3 Int/Charisma.  Wisdom, likewise as a few other sources (stormreaver ring). 

I probably only pulled about 30% of my EE gear.  Most of the time I pulled stuff I didn't want, so I traded it for stuff I did want.  Still 50+ runs is nothing.  I'm north of 200 runs for an SoS shard.  With no other options and a drop rate that is known to be shit.  You might be having some bad helm luck, but it won't hold out that long. 

EE runs in GH are about as difficult as old 6 man epics used to be.  Not desert 6 mans.  More like VoN/Fens 6 mans.  You can do it with a semi-competent group.  Soloing is possible on a few builds by a select group of players.    

You're talking to a guy that has a very realistic understanding of endgame. There are just some of us on Gland that are loot cursed. I think he ran Detour 1,000 times and never got the treads, although I did pull a set on his run. Thanks Junk!

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:56pm:

Pulling specific dragon helms requires some luck, but you being able to trade for your helms also involved a large amount of luck. 

The trading scene is as difficult if not more so than the quests themselves.  Since the AH is incapable of performing high end trades due to plat being worthless, every item of value must be done by bartering.  In person. 

The chance of you finding someone who actually has a specific stat dragon helm that you want on any given day is like 1/10.  The chance that you actually have something that that person wants is another 1/10. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:12pm:
Pulling specific dragon helms requires some luck, but you being able to trade for your helms also involved a large amount of luck. 

The trading scene is as difficult if not more so than the quests themselves.  Since the AH is incapable of performing high end trades due to plat being worthless, every item of value must be done by bartering.  In person. 

The chance of you finding someone who actually has a specific stat dragon helm that you want on any given day is like 1/10.  The chance that you actually have something that that person wants is another 1/10. 

And it's more of a pain when you got a bunch of toons.  I needed 4 blacks, a white, and a blue with specific stats.  Got the blue (traded for it), one of the blacks, and the white and that's after literally 50 runs.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
EH tor is a joke.

EE tor is fairly challenging.

The main challenge with EE tor is getting people in the group who think "reentries? nothing wrong with them, I'm gonna make it so that if we want to complete (since I am a zerging fuck) people have to drain their SP bars and reenter constantly!" (no not kidding, druid EE tor leader was basically zerging it and making a cleric I have seen run out of SP very rarely before drain his blue bar FAST........whilst the druid was bragging about his 350ish spellpower, but was still wearing the fabricators ingenuity set, and had no heal amp)

-_-

another time I ran it, we had a 0 heal amp WF barbarian with 1.2k HPs (no not kidding lol) and we completed quite easily (obviously we didn't exactly make it past the blue dragon room.....cause....ya...hardest part of the quest lol)

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:29pm:
EH tor is a joke.

EE tor is fairly challenging.

The main challenge with EE tor is getting people in the group who think "reentries? nothing wrong with them, I'm gonna make it so that if we want to complete (since I am a zerging fuck) people have to drain their SP bars and reenter constantly!" (no not kidding, druid EE tor leader was basically zerging it and making a cleric I have seen run out of SP very rarely before drain his blue bar FAST........whilst the druid was bragging about his 350ish spellpower, but was still wearing the fabricators ingenuity set, and had no heal amp)

-_-

another time I ran it, we had a 0 heal amp WF barbarian with 1.2k HPs (no not kidding lol) and we completed quite easily (obviously we didn't exactly make it past the blue dragon room.....cause....ya...hardest part of the quest lol)

If I were you I would just drop punctuation altogether.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:45pm:
If I were you I would just drop punctuation altogether.

punctuation? What is this thing you speak of.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #20 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
You need a gem of Crippey ~

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:03pm:
You're talking to a guy that has a very realistic understanding of endgame. There are just some of us on Gland that are loot cursed. I think he ran Detour 1,000 times and never got the treads, although I did pull a set on his run. Thanks Junk!

I know.  I respect Junk's knowledge and skills at end game.  Don't necessarily always agree with his opinions, but I know he's not talking out his ass.  He knows his stuff and it's based on in game experience.

I also know that I only run 4 toons currently.  I  have 2 on hiatus and 6 more as basically banks.  If I was gearing the 2 hiatus toons, I'd still be in process.  But the BtCoE method makes trading possible, the dropping fully completed epics vs. 1 of 3 parts, giving end rewards with the EN versions, and making the armor crazy easy to get has really lowered the bar on gearing. 

It's still easier than getting a Shintao, Crusty, or Archmage ring from ToD or getting an eSoS, eRoSS, eChaos, or eClaw set done.  That's my point.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:44pm:
You need a gem of Crippey ~

Lucky mother fucker.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:53pm:
I know.  I respect Junk's knowledge and skills at end game.  Don't necessarily always agree with his opinions, but I know he's not talking out his ass.  He knows his stuff and it's based on in game experience.

I also know that I only run 4 toons currently.  I  have 2 on hiatus and 6 more as basically banks.  If I was gearing the 2 hiatus toons, I'd still be in process.  But the BtCoE method makes trading possible, the dropping fully completed epics vs. 1 of 3 parts, giving end rewards with the EN versions, and making the armor crazy easy to get has really lowered the bar on gearing. 

It's still easier than getting a Shintao, Crusty, or Archmage ring from ToD or getting an eSoS, eRoSS, eChaos, or eClaw set done.  That's my point.

Some toons are just fucking, others are not.  My caster is by far the luckiest toon I've ever seen regarding this stuff.  Litany and Torc within 10 runs on first live, TOD ring on first run, etc . . .  other toons the luck makes me want to pucnh a baby.  My rapier user didn't pull a Balizarde until 60 CiTW.

And then there is Crippey, just feel free to hate him.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #24 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:17pm:
And then there is Crippey, just feel free to hate him.

I'm not sure if he's as lucky as he is persistent. Hate him anyway.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint