Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Tips for new Neverwinter players (Read 67606 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Re: Tips for new Neverwinter players
Reply #175 - May 23rd, 2013 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Deeds wrote on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:30am:
What shard are you fuckers playing on?

Most are on Dragon, but the coolest amongst us chose Mindflayer.

Won't matter soon enough anyway.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - May 23rd, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I studied linguistics for almost a full year so I know what I'm talking about! Grin TO THE CORNER WITH YOU

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #177 - May 25th, 2013 at 3:18am
Print Post  
So I was tricked into making a character on Mindflayer.

How bad did I screw up if I made a cleric?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #178 - May 25th, 2013 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Welcome to my server son. You are welcome to bask in the awesome that is me. Touch me though, and I will liquefy your pathetic existence.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #179 - May 25th, 2013 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 3:18am:
So I was tricked into making a character on Mindflayer.

How bad did I screw up if I made a cleric?

As far as I can tell, you are good until 35 or so, particularly with a tankie henchie. The Lair of the Mad Dragon was a bit of an eye opener with the mad aggro. Not sure I am venturing into a dungeon again. Quests are Ok, bosses can need a lot of mad kiting in circles, particularly if they spawn lots of adds. I haven't got further than 36 though.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #180 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Endgame clerics basically all run:

1. Astral Shield: This encounter gives allies within dmg resistance AND healing ticks. You can stack Astral Shield which makes 2 cleric parties very popular.

2. Hallowed Ground: This daily gives a dmg buff and dmg resistance (which stacks with AS).

Burst Healing is very limited so it is better to concentrate on getting 100% uptime on the above two.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #181 - May 25th, 2013 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 3:43am:
Welcome to my server son. You are welcome to bask in the awesome that is me. Touch me though, and I will liquefy your pathetic existence.

When I'm done touching you, you'll be in someone's office explaining it on the doll.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #182 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 4:11am:
The Lair of the Mad Dragon was a bit of an eye opener with the mad aggro.

The dragon is a pretty tough fight to heal PUGs in. PUG dungeons after that have not been as difficult.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #183 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Deeds wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 7:22am:
2. Hallowed Ground: This daily gives a dmg buff and dmg resistance (which stacks with AS).

There are feat points which give it healing ticks as well.

Haven't been to endgame yet, but I hear Divine Armor can be a very useful daily as well. It's certainly pretty handy at 40.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #184 - May 26th, 2013 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Cool thanks for the tips guys.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #185 - May 27th, 2013 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 10:16am:
When I'm done touching you, you'll be in someone's office explaining it on the doll.

That sounds kinky!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #186 - May 27th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I have a Trickster Rogue at almost 12 on Mindflayer.  Don't worry, I only play with myself.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #187 - May 27th, 2013 at 8:16pm
Print Post  

Mad dragon kicked my pug ass.  We got him to around 50% before wiping.  As a rogue it was really hard to do appreciable DPS on this guy because of all the PBAoE he threw down.  It seems somewhat like guild wars with ranged DPS having a strong advantage and hirelings being typical idiots following straight into melee range and standing in red.  I bet a group of CWs could clean house easily in there, pug or not.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #188 - May 27th, 2013 at 8:35pm
Print Post  

I really don't like that you level out of dungeons/skirmishes so quickly. I really wanted to take that dragon out, but leveled out before I could run any more attempts. I've had several dailies stuck at 1/2 or 2/3 because I leveled out of a dungeon and couldn't do the 2nd/3rd run (and I need those ADs!). I hear they come back as epics at endgame, but still, grrr.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #189 - May 28th, 2013 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 8:35pm:
I really don't like that you level out of dungeons/skirmishes so quickly. I really wanted to take that dragon out, but leveled out before I could run any more attempts. I've had several dailies stuck at 1/2 or 2/3 because I leveled out of a dungeon and couldn't do the 2nd/3rd run (and I need those ADs!). I hear they come back as epics at endgame, but still, grrr.

You can still do those dungeons, you just can't use the queues, not sure about the skirmishes though.

For the dungeons just get a group together and go the the map area it is located in and go in via the actual entrance there.

There grouping system sucks and most endgame content, T1's and T2's are not done via grouping but premades.

AtomicMew wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 8:16pm:
Mad dragon kicked my pug ass.  We got him to around 50% before wiping.  As a rogue it was really hard to do appreciable DPS on this guy because of all the PBAoE he threw down.  It seems somewhat like guild wars with ranged DPS having a strong advantage and hirelings being typical idiots following straight into melee range and standing in red.  I bet a group of CWs could clean house easily in there, pug or not. 

With a pug group it would be hard if peeps don't know what they are doing  and no one really has had a real challenge yet till this delve.

Did it with some guildies, tank (gf) on dragon only keeping him on one side of the cave facing away from group as best as possible, the rest of the party on the adds and I mean all of them. The rest of the group try to stay on the other side of the cave and keep adds there.

You need to keep the magus off the gf and he keeps dragon off you all. No one touches dragon except the tank UNLESS ALL ADDS are dead and even then you don't go all out stupid dps on it or adds will spawn and you will wipe before the tank can get the dragon back under control.

Everyone else but the tank stays around the DC as she will get the aggro as she heals and rest of the party protects her by killing shit and keeping them off her. Magus first imps last.
AT around 70% life a special group off adds spawn (devils and magus) and then back to the usual spawns till around 30%  she spawns another Special group  with some bigger bad asses. then after that regular spawn again.

Apparently it's the same for end game it all about kill the adds.

Oh and if you want a SS dont dither around the cow disappears after awhile. We were so happy we killed the cow we chit chatted etc for awhile and I finally went to get a group SS she went poof.  One of the guys got one though but only him in the SS.

If you are wondering group was a GF, DC,TRx2 and a CW.

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2013 at 3:00am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #190 - May 28th, 2013 at 4:11am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 8:16pm:

Tbh the dragon is easy, its the waves of trash that cause problems. During epic runs the most important thing is to have a gf who can taunt.

Everyone should dps boss until trash come down. At this point the GF should taunt the dragon and turn her away from party while everyone else takes down adds beginning with the magus.

As a rogue you will be dealing the majority of the dps to the boss. I suggest duelist flurry and spec out 'deadly momentum'. One flurry will almost always give you a full stack of deadly momentum and a second chain of flurry should give you a full 10 stacks of bleed (this will be your main source of dps).

Generally as a tr I will do the first two swings of flurry and then I will go into stealth mode (this increases the dmg of not only flurry but ALSO the bleed dot). If you have timed it correctly, you should be able to do a second flurry in stealth followed by a stealthed Lashing Blade (guaranteed crit) for massive dmg. Usually by this time the boss is preparing to throw some gigantic but slow aoe so roll out of the red, throw some sly flourish daggers then roll back in when its safe to start your next flurry rotation.

A very popular rotation is 2x flurry, lashing blade, dazing strike and then shadow strike (to refill stealth bar). Depending on the boss I will switch out dazing strike and take either 'impossible to catch' (for bosses that need max dps, ie. frozen heart endfight, the cleric kites all trash while everyone else goes max dps to kill boss asap) as this allows you to ignore aoe and have increased dps uptime or smokebomb (if theres a lot of trash casters).

Strake: dont sweat it too much, just get to lvl 60 and gear up so you can start running t2 dungeons. T2 loot sells for a lot, much more than running dailies, eg. I pulled some magelord slippers yesterday, cheapest on AH was 900,000AD

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #191 - May 28th, 2013 at 4:20am
Print Post  
I should also mention, if you want easymode the best current t2 party makeup for t2 is 2xDC, 2xCW, 1xTR. Clearing up to boss, the mages will stand in double astral seal, cc then aoe or push off cliffs (there are lots of lefges/cliffs that you can utilize). Rogue will be concentrating on elites.

During boss encounter the clerics stack Astral Seal or have one seal on boss/main dps and one for clerics/mages to kill trash in. The mages will be chaining Arcane Singularity to control trash and the rogue will be soloing the boss.

One exception is Frozen Heart where as I mention above, the cleric kites trash while everyone else does max burst dps. Castle Never has slightly different requirements but its counted as a t2.5 dungeon.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #192 - May 28th, 2013 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Enjoy the AS stacking while you can as it is bound to be nerfed soon like they nerfed chucking adds into pits etc and like they just nerfed the chest and nodes.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #193 - May 28th, 2013 at 10:07am
Print Post  
You can still throw mobs off, just not as blatantly.

We will see what happens with AS but until then, easymode!6

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #194 - May 28th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Here is the best tip for NW new players.
Just uninstall this trash.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #195 - May 31st, 2013 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Kalari, have you tried the controller config yet?
I haven't gamed at all in like three weeks, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #196 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Hey you guys, I have FIVE FUCKING GOLD NOW!!!

I'm on a horse!

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #197 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Some new bug exploits:

Quote:
another GF damage bug !!! yay guys

ok so guys ill do it short , u need to use the Knight Captain's set in order for it to work. the set that has 25% chance of giving 60% power . so how does it work ? simple , u have 2/3/4 GF's in same party and they just hit stuff and AOE stuff to trigger the set effect , now this buffs all the other members of the party in to get incredible power numbers. 2 GF's --> 20k 3 GF's --> u can hit like 1ml+ power 4 GF's --> u can hit above 4 million power i will repeat again , the buff is granted to all party members , which means if u run 3 GF's ( most reccomended ) u will get like 1 million power after charging the buff and the rest of the party will recieve same bonus! and now just imagine the damage u would do

Quote:
Fresh exploit

Take 4 shards with 1% chance...
Fuse -> Coal ward...
Start fusing... Swap coal ward with a heal pot... -> 100% chance
Coal ward isn't used up

or

Take 4 rank 1 enchantments
Fuse...
Start fusing... Swap enchantments with your shards -> 95% chance

Quote:
Notice: I lost a ward also on the third attempt. The only difference here was that I was moving the ward up and down for a swap in my main bag for the success. When it failed, I moved it to my last bag and then used the swap horizontally to the slot next to it.

Anyway, gg.

I can't afford a Coalescent ward so I used the other, lower one. Worked for a bit then failed because of the above.

Quote:
For the Co-Ward method you put the enchants up + the ward make sure you have potions or something sitting next to the ward in your inventory. You hit fuse i wait like half a second to allow for latency then you click and drag the ward from the Enchantment Window over top the potions in your inventory. Ive basically upgraded all the 4 stack enchantments ive been saving have not failed yet.

source
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2013 at 1:47am by Silky »  

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #198 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
It should be noted that they are already starting to ban players for using the fusing exploit. So don't do it if you don't want to get banned..

They seem to have cracked down hard on this one and can identify people who did it.  The Banhammer has swung! :/

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #199 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:35pm:
It should be noted that they are already starting to ban players for using the fusing exploit. So don't do it if you don't want to get banned..

They seem to have cracked down hard on this one and can identify people who did it.  The Banhammer has swung! :/

While this may be true the first AH exploit showed us that clever people can  send their AD to mules and more than likely the mules get away.

The people that have been quietly doing this since OB started have long since funneled AD here and there and are not really in any danger anymore.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint