Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Monday Morning With MajMal (Read 11699 times)
kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Monday Morning With MajMal
Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Monday Morning With MajMal
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
already answered.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
credit for trying but I have to ask the obvious question - there are 9,635,625,323,333.14159 threads on why guild decay sucks... google-fu fucked?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
oh, and BTW - 6-9 months from now, this game will be in the same - if not worse - condition it is in right now.  Let's check back with this thread in December and March.

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Well it is worth a try. If he won't accept a BJ then maybe he'll take a wall of text!

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:29pm:
Well it is worth a RETRY. If he won't accept a BJ then maybe he'll take a wall of text!

FTFY - this is like the third time (second by MajMal) this kind of thing's been attempted.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:29pm:
Well it is worth a try. If he won't accept a BJ then maybe he'll take a wall of text!

Did somebody call for a wall of text?

Not logging in over there.

Guild renown and elite streak

Those two things have combined to do more damage to guilds and grouping than anything other than lag in the past 4 years.

When calculating decay, adding 10 dummy accounts penalizes small guilds compared to megaguilds, even with the renown bonus. I get the exact same daily decay with two active people as a harbour megaguild does with 500. Why? Just make decay on a per-account basis based on guild level, based on last 48 hours of logged in guild members. If I come back to play regularly again, my characters will be the same level. Why should I have to grind my guild back up?

I have a love-hate relationship with elite streak. The game is faceroll-level easy in elite in a TR group, where I am the token -10% added out of pity. The lack of content (and XP) at 16-20 makes for a lot of repetition for TRs who do not bank XP and elite streak at exactly quest level+2. Thus, everyone runs elite at quest level+2. Do something about it.

Change TR XP, or fix the quest XP (Amrath, anyone?) so that it is worth running more than just the Vale and a few dozen other high XP quests in the game. That way, maybe you could make the streak only apply if you are at the quest level, and make it actually feel a little bit elite. Why not increase first time XP even further on all difficulties to get the lesser-run quests hit more often. I never saw the under-level bonus, but combined with other changes to XP, it would be an interesting way to level as well. Just make sure that the changes wouldn't leave someone needing to do a ton of repetition between 18 and 20. Let level 18s into epic content. Also, the XP repetition penalty should disappear from epic content as well.

Enhancements

Why reinvent the wheel? DDO has a pretty good system in place right now, that has evolved over the years but it is unfinished, like everything else in the game. So you propose to replace it with another incomplete system. This is progress? How?

Whatever you do with enhancements, offer plenty of variety instead of those ridiculous clicky/cooldown or counting-based abilities that were all over the beta. Unless it is hella good like the old Everything is Nothing, I don't want worry about counters and cooldowns.

When I set up my kids characters on live, I make them as free of clicky abilities such as boosts as I can. There is a small power sacrifice in doing so, but the kids don't want to be spamming too much stuff on characters they rarely play. Why should there be a sacrifice in power for avoiding clickies? I'd like the option to choose between consistent DPS from enhancements, or temporary boosts from clickies, or some of both, while ending up at the same overall average DPS over a 5 minute period. People who like clickies can save them for where it matters, like added DPS at boss fights. More variety is good.

Each class should have one tree available. The Prestiges should be branches in the tree. Core enhancements should be common, and some stuff from all branches should be available. Prestiges could be locked out with an exclusive gateway (eg, once you take Spellsinger, Warchanter is locked out). However, I don't see a problem with allowing 3 total prestige levels for a given class (eg, Tier 1 Spellsinger, Tier 2 Warchanter). It would be interesting to compare the benefits of lich form on a wizard versus a vampire who also has enchantment archmage I.

Forums

Separate the jobs of forum police from game promotion and community building. I feel that there is a level of contempt towards forum users that can build up when you have to be constantly policing players, slapping wrists, and enforcing the rules. You need to set someone up with asbestos underwear and make them the Cube - and only the Cube. If you need to give them something else to do, don't make it be the front-end face of the game.

I think it is asking too much of a person to have them closing threads and giving warnings while also expecting them to actively and positively engage with the playerbase. I won't even get into what a massive failure the current forums are compared to the old ones back when we had a dedicated area for each class and race, before they got jumbled a few years ago.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:37pm by Kimberlite »  

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:36pm:
buncha intelligent shit

I approve this message.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
I wish I still was able to post over there if only to add my 2 cents.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Pet peeves.

Experience Related
  • Heroic quests in Eveningstar. It's time for direct access to eveningstar without running through the weave.
  • Quest experience rewards from levels 16 onwards, aside from Meridia / reavers refuge, you could easily Triple the base XP of almost every single 17+ quest.
  • Once you've boosted xp throughout the board, remove bravery bonuses. I would hate to have to start from scratch on a new server and join a bravery group.  Imagine how much worse it would be for a new player who doesn't know how to put up an lfm, or have meta knowledge of most quests.
  • Re-introduce Experience awards for doing quests successfully under level
  • Change survival bonus to be self only. If that's impossible, boost base xp of all quests by 10% and remove it entirely.
  • Don't allow re-entries into epic difficulty quests.
  • Cannith challenges need a total xp formula overhaul.  They're fucked, we know it, why do dev's try deny it? 
    New formula : Xp = (CR rating * 100 * party members) + ([minutes*100] * star achievement) + score.
    Not a perfect formula, but it's a shitload better than the current one that's lead to the double nerf. (would probably need to cap minutes * 100 )

Mechanics & Guilds
  • Stop allowing Re-entries in Epic (especially elite) difficulty
  • Guild Decay, character levels don't decay, Guild levels shouldn't, get rid of guild renown decay, and make all of the Gold Seal ship amenities ML : guild level 20.
  • Increase guild cap to 150, with it bring 2 larger ships, 6% xp shrine, elemental absorption shrines, PRR shrines.
  • Scrap N/H/E loot mechanics > all difficulties drop the same loot, with something like the seal / shard /scroll system. It takes 1/3 items to upgrade from N-H, and 2/3 items to upgrade from h-e.  3/3 will upgrade from n-e. (there's no reason you couldn't use 2 scrolls and 1 seal to upgrade from n-e)
  • With the new expansion pack, Make ALL of the old raids drop viable level 20-28 loot.
  • Epic raids should drop pre made gear, aswell as seals / shards / scrolls.
  • Cannith crafting needs to be extended, time to allow us +6/7 enhancements, +3dc's, +7/8 stats and the doubled prefixes / suffixes.

Feats, Skills & Enhancements
  • Spell crafting / Repair / Heal = spell power. It's a skill tax, and it does not effect all classes / races equally. (eg. human wizard vs. w/f Sorc.)
  • I don't want to get into the alpha enhancement pass, I submitted my surveys, I'll see what's changed in beta.
  • Don't release the enhancement pass to live until : all racial pre's are ready, all classes have 3 prestige's, there is no 3 tree limit, Points spent count across all trees.
  • Natural fighting feats need to go, there is no synergy between meleeing in animal form / elemental form because of them.
  • Epic feats need to lose : requires x class levels (ie. improved sneak attack and vorpal fists) (stat requirements are fine)
  • Why do I have to take power attack, cleave, and great cleave for overwhelming critical on my Ranged toon?  Consider making Elasticity (bow of sinew) an Epic feat > pre-reqs, Precision, Weapon focus ranged, Power critical.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:44pm:
Pet peeves.

Awesome shit right here! Tongue! Smiley!

I concur! Tongue! Cheesy!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I tried really hard to get the motivation to post some stuff. But then I kept getting logged out so I gave up.

Besides, most of my feedback would be of the "it sucks!" variety. Good luck with your thread, and we'll see you in 18 months (which was about the time frame between your last "end of the week" and this one).

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Meh.

This is a lame attempt to pacify what remains of the community.

Enhancements - the lamma preview is what will go live.

guild renown - its always been messed up favoring one side or the other.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
maybe its because I'm spoiled, but idgaf about guild renown. We are level 92 or 93. We have had 5% xp shrines for a really long time (ever since they gave out all those guild things in the store). Once we hit 85 and had the biggest ship, that's really all that mattered. Sure it would be cool to hit 100... I guess? Being guild level 100 won't make my penis any larger. Or if it does, they need to let people know so I can ditch these losers and get into the Big Dick Guild.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:21pm:
Meh.

Enhancements - the lamma preview is what will go live.

guild renown - its always been messed up favoring one side or the other.

Agreed.

Like there aren't enough fucking "Let's Talk" threads that already have the same goddamned info in it.

Sorry Maj, but if you really needed the info you asked for, you could have just scrolled down the very forum the thread is posted in to find it.

But in the spirit of being banned by butterball Jerry 4 months AFTER I stopped posting on the forums:

Guild renown is a gay fucking system that penalizes players for playing the game less than 500 hours a week.

For real, this is what it feels like.

Anyway, I do appreciate the attempt MajM, but  mystafyi
I think is right.

MAGA!

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:29pm:
maybe its because I'm spoiled, but idgaf about guild renown. We are level 92 or 93. We have had 5% xp shrines for a really long time (ever since they gave out all those guild things in the store). Once we hit 85 and had the biggest ship, that's really all that mattered. Sure it would be cool to hit 100... I guess? Being guild level 100 won't make my penis any larger. Or if it does, they need to let people know so I can ditch these losers and get into the Big Dick Guild.

The only reason guild renown is still a topic is slarden making every other post in that thread. I hope he's happy with himself.

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #16 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:56am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:34pm:
FTFY - this is like the third time (second by MajMal) this kind of thing's been attempted.

Turning down a BJ?

Kimberlite wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 2:36pm:
Did somebody call for a wall of text?

That is how I would interpret his "be verbose" comment....

mystafyi wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:21pm:

Well once I have taken my tin foil hat off... what have I got to lose?

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #17 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:58am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 10:11pm:
I hope he's happy with himself.

I'm just glad I cannot scan his T-shirts with an ultra-violet light.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcR2Nhz-zO8

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #18 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 10th, 2013 at 6:29pm:
maybe its because I'm spoiled, but idgaf about guild renown. We are level 92 or 93. We have had 5% xp shrines for a really long time (ever since they gave out all those guild things in the store). Once we hit 85 and had the biggest ship, that's really all that mattered. Sure it would be cool to hit 100... I guess? Being guild level 100 won't make my penis any larger. Or if it does, they need to let people know so I can ditch these losers and get into the Kalari's Pants.

Fixed that shit for you lol call me when it happens  Kiss

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #19 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Also Mal because I know you read these boards and because I hate the official boards with every fiber of my being.

Enhancements, still of the camp it wasn't broke why is it being demolished? If you want to change the UI cool, but id rather have seen actual finishes to prestige (especially for classes with unfinished broken ones) then this new hot mess being rolled out even though it was Alpha only a few weeks ago. 

My personal feedback on this, is nuke it from orbit and use the method Flav posted here in the forums and on that messy boards, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel if all you guys wanted to do was make things look prettier. Even if you guys claim that clerics will be looked at I just have a sinking feeling that we will still be screwed with this new system.

Next Guild decay, um like my guildy rest put IDGAF about guild decay, enough of us mother fuckers are on to keep us in the 90s and level 100 don't mean shit, maybe if the buffs were extended, maybe if we got another nice hook point or a pimp ship with dancers and the like it would matter, but outside some stupid announcement I don't really see the point of worrying about decay. I am sure other guilds give two shits so you can defer to them.

My biggest peeve is the lack of fucking advertising, lack of decent press releases (trust me you know I know this) for DDO especially vs LOTRO. The lack of taking advantage of a creative and rabid playerbase who have youtube accounts and other various social network sites (and hello a job doing this shit) to get the word out there.

Do you know DDO?

That slogan should be plastered all over the fucking web and yet its not. And that saddens me because it would take little effort and not much if any money. But I am tired of giving you bitches my ideas for free, this issue really needs to be addressed though it makes no sense after 7 years that this game is not up there as one of the known mmos even with the constant fuck ups.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Side note for MajMal :

I'm cheap at conslutting, if you want me to do more than the Radiant Servant Tree, as I already have a full time job.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Oh yeah, let's have the fucking Frenchie give the enhancement system a pass.  That should work out great.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #22 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
lol it would be better then what I saw on Lama that shit is for sure.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
lol it would be better then what I saw on Lama that shit is for sure.

In all fairness some of the classes were pretty good and the stuff released in the second week was better than what we saw in the first.   They also said Cleric is being redone.

Now's not the time for a lynching, that comes when we see the beta.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #24 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Jun 11th, 2013 at 1:02pm:
Fixed that shit for you lol call me when it happens  Kiss

wait, wtf... I missed this as an option!  Does this require going back to playing DDO to get in on it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint