Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Epic Level & Iconic TR (Read 75801 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Epic Level & Iconic TR
Reply #25 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Whoever at Turbine thought resetting ED XP was a good idea needs to be fired immediately.

IP Logged

kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:05pm:
"Iconic True Reincarnation

Wow - GREAT news for all you bored completionists out there... Four (4!) more crap-tacular "classes" to grind through to get your feat back!  And don't forget to add in that 5th life to get back to what you really want to play.  BONUS!

I suppose technically if you're a maxed ED completionist, you get one of those PL's just for trasferring you're ED XP into you're toon - and if you make sure it's something you're already spalshing . . . .

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #27 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
kavinsky wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:10pm:
I suppose technically if you're a maxed ED completionist, you get one of those PL's just for trasferring you're ED XP into you're toon - and if you make sure it's something you're already spalshing . . . .

or just not bother because it's a complete waste of time.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #28 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Epic Advantage better be fucking optional for heroic / iconic TR's.

IT BETTER BE FUCKING OPTIONAL

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #29 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
so after this goes live your next TR means your character is fucking gutted.  And you have to TR 11 more times + level up to 28 to get back to where you are. 

a destiny is about 2m XP, 20-25 is 3m, so 25-28 will be another 3m?  you would fill 2 more destinies and then have to throw them away as you TR.

no fucking way.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
OPTIONAL!!

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #31 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:37pm:
OPTIONAL!!

Bend over. We are looking into your issue

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #32 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to TRing my WF Monk Arkat into a Bladeforged Monk.

Don't mind losing the ED XPs (I didn't max all his destinies anyway) and I hope I get to make him a 38 point build when I do TR him into a Bladeforged.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:57pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #33 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Kind of curious who's bright fucking idea all this shit was.

PM me, mouser!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #34 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:09pm:
Whoever at Turbine thought resetting ED XP was a good idea needs to be fired immediately.

Yes, this.

My initial reaction was ahahahs... Wait they aren't joking, pretty much.

I guess now my reaction is meh, all the toons I care about have epic destiny xp, and I am not losing that. So no TRing for me, I guess.

Hopefully the other reincarnates don't do the same thing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 2:17pm:
lol @ losing your destiny xp if you want to epic tr.

fucking genius. nothing like wasting 20 million xp to bond ONE epic destiny. i guess it works out for people who didn't max destinies.

the nice thing is that I'll have all my 'left to rot' characters that will be able to take advantage of it...
Cap a Destiny, Epic TR, Cap a new Destiny, Epic TR...

Need to go have a good laugh at the Forum...
I expect a few meltdown.

Serisouly, even for me, that is not an uber, zerg to cap guy, my 6/7 main characters are LVL 25 and have capped at least one destiny, in two case they have 3 Capped destinies, Turbine really expect me to throw away 2 Fucking destinies ( especially grand poney of flowere on a Cleric ) ?

A Good move would be to bring back Shears and give them the ability to level one destiny while having another one active, because there's some destinies that... well sucks when it comes to levelling them for some classes, and they are gateways to other more interesting destinies.

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:34pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #36 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
"(Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)"

lolwut??? Ok, I know I missed something here. This does NOT say I can spend days/weeks/months building EDs up, not maximize or "bond" any of them, then lose it all if I do an "Epic" TR. Right?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #37 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
I don't know.  Maybe they just aren't being clear about how the ED XP works on Heroic True Reincarnations.

On one hand they say that Heroic Reincarnations are basically unchanged. 

On the other they say that True Reincarnations do not retain Epic XP earned.

They clearly say that if you Epic TR, then only the active, capped destiny is retained.  And you get an ED past life for that destiny. 

A couple of questions:

If you don't do an Epic TR and bind any ED's (And thus reset your other ED's) do your Heroic TR's function as always?

Is this something where the Epic XP you earned in the CURRENT LIFE is not carried over when you Heroic TR?  Say I have 12 million in ED XP.  I cap to 20.  I start earning ED XP/Epic XP.  I level to 25.  I've earned 3 million in Epic XP.  So now I have 15 million in ED XP (assuming I was always in a destiny that was earning).  I Heroic TR.  Am I back at 12 million?  Or am I at 0?

Is this something where existing capped destinies at the time of the update are grandfathered?  (Automatically bound)?  So if I have 5 capped destinies when Update 20 is installed they are all in a "Bound" state?  Going forward any non-capped ED's must be bound as per the described?

That last option sounds more viable.  If Turbine thinks they can put a plan in place that wipes out 20 million in ED XP for anyone who wants to continue developing a toon, they are really missing the mark. 

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #38 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
nah, they just created a stillborn child : Epic TR.

Nobody in his right mind is ever going to Epic TR a character that has 2 or more capped destinies.

And if the 'Reset Destiny XP' spread over on Heroic TR, they also just killed Heroic TR.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:36pm:
nah, they just created a stillborn child : Epic TR.

Nobody in his right mind is ever going to Epic TR a character that has 2 or more capped destinies.

And if the 'Reset Destiny XP' spread over on Heroic TR, they also just killed Heroic TR.

I'm not ready to call it dead yet.  I think we need more information.  They have to have a plan for existing capped destiny players that doesn't involve wiping out 20 million Epic XP. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #40 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:42pm:
I'm not ready to call it dead yet.  I think we need more information.  They have to have a plan for existing capped destiny players that doesn't involve wiping out 20 million Epic XP. 

Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)

There's your information in black and white.

This is of course subject to change and hopefully will become optional.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #41 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:42pm:

Come on, we all have characters with 3+ capped Destinies, are you willing to loose them just because you took a fucking heroic TR ?

Because that's how I parse it... TR, whatever the kind will erase any destiny that has not been bonded.

So basically anybody with 2+ Epic Destiny capped will not TR. ( nor LR... just in case )

And if they inflict that before the Enhance... NGE.
all the people that wanted to TR due to the NGE will just quit.

MajMal, Seriously :
- Can you tell Glin that they should just scrap the thing before it's too late ?
- Can you tell Glin that they should consider another mechanism ?
- Can you tell Glin that instead of dropping that like a rock on the forum he should talk to
the players and ask them what they want.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
20 million epic XP isn't the same thing as 20 million Heroic XP.

I'm on the fence about this.  I think it could be done in a way that makes sense.  As long as any unlocked destinies remain unlocked, I don't think there  will be any calls for turbine heads on pikes.  Even if the XP in those destinies is dropped to 0.

I do hope that something more than 1 rank of Heroic XP per ED level is given as a trade-in.  Any destiny that you capped should give you that destiny's Epic TR bonus.  If you decide to EpicReincarnate after capping out every single destiny and then do that 3 more times, you should be done EpicReincarnation entirely.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
done for that one character, that is.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:53pm:
Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)

There's your information in black and white.

This is of course subject to change and hopefully will become optional.

What we got was a brief summary.  It doesn't specifically address what happens to those characters with a bunch of capped ED XP at the time this update is released.  Absent any specifics, all we can do is infer that no plan exists.  But that is not a certainty.  It is an inference on the part of the reader.  There there are still two possibilities:  1.  A plan already exists and it was not included in the summary or 2.  There is no plan for this but a plan can be made based on feedback on how awful it would be. 

Either way, it is too soon to call it DOA and press the panic button. 

Mouser and other Turbiners reading this:  You can't wipe out millions of ED XP no matter how cool your new ED PL's will be.  It's not going to work.  You are going to be 18 months into having ED's in production by the time this drops.  You can't wipe out everything except 2 million of what's been earned, killing the majority of 18 months of work.  Small losses (like how we used to lose tomes on a TR) are OK.  Major losses like this will cause the feature to be ignored by a good portion of the player base that actually would use the feature.   

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #45 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:56pm:
Come on, we all have characters with 3+ capped Destinies, are you willing to loose them just because you took a fucking heroic TR ?

Because that's how I parse it... TR, whatever the kind will erase any destiny that has not been bonded.

Just because that's how you parse it doesn't mean that's how it will work.  I've read the post.  I see what it says and what it doesn't say.  It is very brief.  There might be more to the story.  There might not.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
SAdly, in Turbine case, my parsing is biased : I always go for the worst... Usually the truth is not far from it.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:06pm:
Just because that's how you parse it doesn't mean that's how it will work.  I've read the post.  I see what it says and what it doesn't say.  It is very brief.  There might be more to the story.  There might not.

Anyone who is capable of reading can easily see that the current plan is to wipe all Epic Destiny XP and all Epic Destinies upon ANY kind of True Reincarnation.  You are being a moron.  Get back in your playpen with Thrudh and Chai.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:37pm by IMARANGER »  

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Flag_sheep
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:06pm:

Quote:
With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. (...) (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)

So yeah, under the described implementation you will lose ed xp unless you cap at 28 first and bind a single ed per life. That being said, if they made the 'Epic advantage' and ed xp reset of unbound eds an explicit opt in system, it could work somehow.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:43pm by Flag_sheep »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #49 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Piloto Quote:
Thanks for all the responses so far everyone. The team will try to address the details as best we can this early in development. Here are a few more clarifications as we’re reviewing your comments:

• Our intention is that players will be able to earn or buy Epic Destiny TR hearts of wood.
• We’ll continue to add more epic level content so that players have a variety of paths for leveling.
• To engage with Epic Destiny TR, you don’t have to have all destinies maxed out. Character level 28 + one maxed destiny is when you can bond your first destiny.
• We are revisiting XP curves in not only the Heroic levels but also the Epic levels. This would make leveling (and ultimately bonding) a Destiny a faster process compared to the current pace.
• True Reincarnation has always been about giving up your current life in exchange for increased power in your next life. We are early enough in the design work that we want to also hear ideas from players on what types of destiny feats they’d like to see in their next life in exchange for reincarnating their destinies.

We are also making balance changes to compensate for the fact that the system goes into higher levels, and we expect that parts of the design summary will seem less harsh once these details are better understood. We’ll be reading discussion in this thread and will continue to post here with more details as we go (such as details regarding Fate Points, Completionist, and the exact effects of turning in your Epic Destiny xp on your new life).

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:48pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Send TopicPrint