Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Epic Level & Iconic TR (Read 76004 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Epic Level & Iconic TR
Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:22am
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:26pm:
Also, you are stupid if you think Rusted Blades is the best way to farm Epic Destinies.

"Master Yoda, is Rusted Blades the best way to farm Epic Destinies?"

"No! No…no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

"Then how am I to know the best way to farm Epic Destinies?"

"You will know, when you are calm. At peace.  Piking."

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:29am
Print Post  
The entire ED TR "feature" reads like somebody answering "How do we penalize the players who already capped their ED XP by running Rusted Blades or Death Undone before we nerfed speed completions?"

The ED feats gained through Epic TR will have to be amazeballs to justify the loss of 20mil XP.  And we all know they'll be mediocre at best, assuming they even work as described.  Turbine's track record isn't great in the fixing non-functional feats department.  I'm looking at you Combat Archery.

The 2 build points (for a 38 point build) aren't enough of a carrot when I can already create a character with 18/18/12 stats.

If this goes live as described, I won't do another TR again.  Even after completing 30 TRs, I've got plenty of lives left that I could do but won't.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Rusted Blades won't even be an option for ED XP grinding once the level cap is 28.  I wouldn't hold my breath that Turbine will release a quick-to-complete quest for ED XP grinding in Shadowfell or beyond.  So that loss of 20 mil XP the first time you Epic TR is much more painful.  "Painful" shouldn't be a word I use to describe a new feature.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:45am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:00am
Print Post  
not sure I am understand all of this.

right now, in ed's I have 5 drac/4 mag/4 fs/1sd.

If I tr my main, I lose all my ed's?  as in lose all the xp I have earned?

and if I eTR, I can keep just one ed if I get to 28 and bond it? all the other stuff is lost?

Do I understand it correctly, and if so wtf?!?! What douchebag thought that this is a good idea?

excuse me for a moment I think I am going to go throw up in my mouth  Tongue

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Fuhfuhfuhfuhfuhfuhfuhfuhfuhfuh.....
Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:03am
Print Post  
K that load of horse-shit they are proposing.

Lose ALL ED XP on ANY TR.  Fuck You.  No....Really....Fuck You.

If this is the the absolute best yall can do then I'd suggest disbanding the Turbine/DDO Circle Jerk of a Team and just wack it by yourself.  Someplace quiet...and cozy....close your eyes...get a good grip and let "greatest hits reel" pause on "Owlbear"

For fuck sake....just when I was developing a modicum of respect for the team due to MajMals communication with us.

They gotta go and Fuck it all up with this gawdamned TRIPE.

Fucking Useless.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #79 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Now I don't believe MajMal when he said that they don't sit around and just fuck with us. This has got to be a really late April Fool's joke.

IP Logged

Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Reply #80 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Well as Maj is reading this thread apparently - suggestions on how players *I* know would take this as a great step forward:

*required*  Fate points do not reset - they don't have to stack when you redo ED's but they should not go away.

Option 1 : 
  • Each ED capped counts as a heroic TR class past life - for ED's that count for more than one class you get an option as to which class it counts towards. 

This would give a real tangible benefit to those with capped ED's - and it would give an option for people wanting to avoid certain classes when doing the TR - don't want to play a wizard - cap out Magister and TR - get your wizard PL without having to play a wizard.

Option 2: 
  • allow the option to not reset ED exp

This allows people who don't want to grind to do so - although in my opinion this will limit the number of people who care to do this type of TR at all.

Option 3: 
  • Allow each capped ED to count as a *two levels* when doing a Epic TR capped at level 20.  This would mean someone with capped ED's could TR straight to level 20 - and someone with just 2 ED's capped could TR an iconic to level 19.

This would be a real tangible benefit to doing an Epic TR and get people right back into Epics without the lower level grind.  I think people would be willing to give up capped ED's for this system.

Another benefit to this system is it allows people to avoid many epic quests at low levels and thus get first time bonuses and reduce repetition penalties when doing a TR.

Option 4: 
  • Allow your capped ED to be active while leveling other ED's when doing an Epic TR.

While this would still get much backlash due to loss of *a ton* of work - it would give someone who Epic TR's a way to keep the ED they want and is fun active while re-leveling.  This could make it palatable.

These are my thoughts on the process - I think any of these options would definitely help people see this as an exciting feature instead of just a horrible grind.

Honestly the ED TR bonuses would have to be so overpowered they would break the game in order to entice people to give up full capped ED characters at this time (my opinion).
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:16am by Ckorik »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #81 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:00am:
not sure I am understand all of this.

right now, in ed's I have 5 drac/4 mag/4 fs/1sd.

If I tr my main, I lose all my ed's?  as in lose all the xp I have earned?

and if I eTR, I can keep just one ed if I get to 28 and bond it? all the other stuff is lost?

Do I understand it correctly, and if so wtf?!?! What douchebag thought that this is a good idea?

excuse me for a moment I think I am going to go throw up in my mouth  Tongue

You understand it correctly, sorry to say.

Right now, I'm only playing three of my characters due to - well, lots of things - but primarily the fact that the "wider" game means that there's a ton more work to do per character, and I just don't have the play-time.  All three of those characters have maxed ED's, and I'm slowly acquiring necessary past lives on them...

If I have to wipe all of my ED XP in order to do heroic TR, I'll just cut my losses and quit the game entirely.  I shall fight no more forever; I can't even muster any more rage, I'll just go.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Epic Level & Iconic TR
Reply #82 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
So there will be ONLY Epic Tr as an option.

And Tokens of the 12 to do so ONLY drop in Low Level Epic quests.

Or the store.

There are a lot of great ideas by players on this forum and the *other* DDO.

But, make no mistake...

DDO Dev team thought of all those great ideas but instead chose the idea that FUCKS the largest amount of the DDO population.

And here I though the change to Poison and Disease Immune Items (/hairy eyeball at triple neg GS goggle) was about as stupid as it could get.

WOW WAS I WRONG

Yall are fucking up plain and simple.  Read the Players comments and CHANGE THE SHIT to something that we will like and also ACKNOWLEDGES the TIME EFFORT AND MONEY put in into your GD game by those of us who Achieved Completionist and/or Capped all our Destinies.

To release as is a huge FUCK YOU to the players (in a long line of FUCK YOUs we've processed dealing with your lack of insight)

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #83 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Okay, the only way you can salvage this is if you leave heroic TR alone (I mean really, affecting epic stuffs on a HEROIC TR? dafuq turbine), and for the epic TR you bond one destiny and THAT destiny gets reset at 0 xp (only that destiny), this can't affect any unlocks of other destinies, and you can earn more fate points this way as it should not reset fate points.

You then get an ED past life feat for the ONE destiny you bonded with, and then you can relevel that destiny at a slightly higher XP cost.

Otherwise this system is a whole load of BS that should be shot in the head, doused in gasoline, and then lit on fire and left in a fireworks warehouse.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:44am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:07pm:
This way we get to say "I told you so" AND "why the fuck did you do this shit this way?"

I think MajMal cares about feedback. I just am not convinced he cares about what that feedback is though. Tongue

I don't care what the feedback is. Good bad, happy sad, I don't care. Abusive and mean, that I do not pass on. But anything thought out and constructive absolutely gets passed on.
the reaction yesterday on the other forums was definitely listened to. I don't expect a dev to respond until next week tho. You read the knee jerk...then you read the stuff from a few days later when people think about it.

IP Logged

Wruntjunior
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
I'll say this...as TR changes are proposed now, all it'll be doing for me is saving me money on a VIP subscription and expansion for a game I'll no longer be playing.  :/  I'm not at all interested in grinding out ~50mil XP worth of EDs again, and this actually looks like significantly MORE grind than that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #86 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:58am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:44am:
I don't care what the feedback is. Good bad, happy sad, I don't care. Abusive and mean, that I do not pass on. But anything thought out and constructive absolutely gets passed on.
the reaction yesterday on the other forums was definitely listened to. I don't expect a dev to respond until next week tho. You read the knee jerk...then you read the stuff from a few days later when people think about it.

Are you saying that they actually thought that wiping out 20 million in ED XP (And only being able to save 1.9 million of it in a single ED) was going to fly?  Even at 30k per Rusted Blades runs you are still looking at 600 runs of that sucker.  Per toon. 

Do you think the reaction is going to change in a week? 

I do not think waiting to answer is a good idea.  Lots of people are now in a holding pattern on toons because of this news.  All my toons have more than one ED capped.  Do I keep earning ED XP and leveling destinies now knowing its going to disappear?   (And, no.  Gettting ranks on a TR isn't worth a damn as a trade off.  I want the fate points that come with the grinding so I can do 4-2-1 or 3-2-2.)

Because of the nature of these changes, people may stop playing today because they don't want to waste their time. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #87 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:03pm
Print Post  

I don't think the "kneejerk" is gonna change much in a week, a month, or a year.

It is good to let players vent and get it out of their systems, and there are more than enough retarded fanbois who'll argue for the devs.

But I honestly think heroic TR blanking out ED will negatively impact this game, this needs to not happen.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #88 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 2:17pm:
Vomit.  More non-content content

It's all they have left.  Just keep the fish on the hook and sell XP boosts.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #89 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:04pm:

I'm not as cynical as you are yet but damn it sure does look like that.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #90 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  

You are honest at least.

I do have to admit, all the cries and cunt assed bitch whining for better communication and when it is given in regards to future plans, plans that are well down the road, the whiney bitches coming out and going on a rampage about a proposed system that likely hasn't had more than suggestions written on paper at this point, are fucking amazing.

Glin: hey guys, we want to do this somewhere down around 2 updates away. This is what we are thinking right now.

Please give us some feedback on the subject.

Forum posters: Fuck you Glin you rat bastard!. You are going to wipe out ALL my ED exp! Fucking cunt Glin!!

And somewhere you know some dev is shaking his head thinking:

You are all fucking idiots. We lay out an idea. We offer you to give input. And all you fucking whiney cunts do is burn us at the stake instead of giving constructive input.

I have no problem calling out the fucking stupid shit Turbine does, but on this instance, I think coming out 2 update cycles ahead of the proposed launch of epic TR is enough that there should be plenty of time to get in some well worded input to the devs.

It ain't fucking doom until it is released. Then we get to say I told you so to the fuckers when they don't listen to the players.

I do appreciate getting this info on the subject so early. I also think starting the thread, and then not interacting with the players is a fucking fail though. Fucking engage with us for christ sakes. On the official forums as well. Pass that note on to Glin please, put on his man panties, grab some kevlar, and get to having a fucking discussion for once.

I will say this: fuck up the enhancement pass, or epic TR, Either one and I will be done with DDO as a whole. I already only play anymore for only an hour or 2 a week.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #91 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:04pm:

Bullshit. 

After MoTU (Which was 16 quests, a raid, 5 challenges, 3 huge adventure areas), they have released Druids Curse (4 quests + 1 challenge), High Road (5 quests + Adventure Area), eGH (10 Epic Quests, New Raid, New Adventure Area), Shadowfell prequel (3 quests).  That's  12 new quests, 10 epic variants, 1 challenge, 1 raid, and 2 adventure areas after MoTU.   And a rolling 12 month period should include MoTU now or Shadowfell expansion in August. 

They are releasing content.  They are releasing gear.  It's not just non-content content.

Anyone who plays the game (This doesn't include you, obv.) knows that the ED system is flawed and needs some tweaks.  These tweaks just happen to suck pretty bad.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #92 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  

The longer it goes without an answer, the more it's going to fester and the worse it's going to become.

I didn't even bother logging in to post in that thread. I did tweet Glin, though I don't expect a response.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #93 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:48pm:
And somewhere you know some dev is shaking his head thinking:

You are all fucking idiots. We lay out an idea. We offer you to give input. And all you fucking whiney cunts do is burn us at the stake instead of giving constructive input.

I have no problem calling out the fucking stupid shit Turbine does, but on this instance, I think coming out 2 update cycles ahead of the proposed launch of epic TR is enough that there should be plenty of time to get in some well worded input to the devs.

It ain't fucking doom until it is released. Then we get to say I told you so to the fuckers when they don't listen to the players.

I'm not buying the "coming out 2 update cycles ahead of the proposed launch is plenty of time to get in some well worded input to the devs".

Glin's letter has a section called "Here are some changes we’re currently exploring:".  The Epic TR framework is not part of the "exploring" thing.  It's part of the "how does this system look in practice" section.

We've been told in the past that they have at least two updates in the pipe ahead of what is live, which means Epic TR is in active development.

We saw the influence of years of customer input on what they presented as "alpha" for the Enhancement Update.

Maybe it's nice to see Glin being forthcoming about what's in the works, but it's not encouraging to see him so indelicately remind us that Turbine places NO value on past player time.

Eventually we'll "forget" about it, the same way we "forgot" about how U14 introduced lootgen items that were superior to rare pre-u14 raid loot, and in so doing showed what they thought of player time spent grinding out seal/shard/scrolls.

I do not expect Turbine to change their position on the value of Player Time already Played.

You read the knee jerk...then you read the stuff from a few days later when people think about it.

That you're waiting for the forum contributors to "think about it" implies that "thinking about it" is an expected process, which implies that Glin "thought about" the content of and reaction to his post before he published it.

I don't see a positive way to interpret this.

If this response wasn't expected, then Glin is not qualified for his role.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #94 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
They say they listen...

Ignore or pass it on to be ignored doesn't really matter...

Devs....Really.....Don't tell us ANYTHING you have planned.

Just release whatever-the-fuck you come out with and when we bitch about it the ONLY thing you have to say is...

as per EULA "Game experience may change during online play"

Fuck off...

Thanks for playing and have a nice day.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #95 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:50pm
Print Post  

Sadly the track record so far doesn't help it... Consider that anything that hit L-Space was brought in game, and that only extreme reactions provided for a change ( like for wail nerf ).

Now consider that years ago we had things like Leveling Sigils... they lasted... not long, we never saw them in Europe. Then we had The Offer Wall ( again an idea killed before it managed to cross the Pond )

Now beyond the knee jerk reaction, and as I've stated : it's too late for that idea, if it was offered when MoTU was released and the Epic Levels/Destinies were introduced it would have worked, people would have capped a Destiny, Epic TRed to lock it, capped another one, TRed again... and so on.
Now the L33T PoWahGamorZ are looking at their XPs and all their destinies and they see something that will have to be trashed if they want to have the new shinies ( 38 Points ) that will give them an edge over the unwashed mass, so they whine.

Personally at worst I'm loosing 1 and a half destiny... If I ever consider to TR my main Cleric after that change... as she will be TRed into something [b]not Cleric [/i] when the NGE pass happens ( if it doesn't change deeply ) *shrug*

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I do appreciate getting this info on the subject so early. I also think starting the thread, and then not interacting with the players is a fucking fail though. Fucking engage with us for christ sakes. On the official forums as well. Pass that note on to Glin please, put on his man panties, grab some kevlar, and get to having a fucking discussion for once.

I will say this: fuck up the enhancement pass, or epic TR, Either one and I will be done with DDO as a whole. I already only play anymore for only an hour or 2 a week.

Turbine has a long history of not listening to feedback.  Regardless, the enhancement pass going live without major modifications (and it won't have major modifications) is likely going to kill any interest long time players will have in remaining in the game. 

The Epic TR debalce, which it will be, will be peanuts compared to the enhancement pass

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #97 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
You read the knee jerk...then you read the stuff from a few days later when people think about it.

It almost seems like you're vaguely approving of the fact that Turbine is elaborately planning to shit on players' time and money yet again. I hope this is not true.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #98 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
And lemme just take a stab at...

EE Spell DCs...

Yall plan on the Epic TR ED PLs to address this?

Lmao.

How about clueing us in the the ultimate amazing ED PLs you have planned to entice us into this pile-o-s.  Or would that have added more fuel to the fire?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #99 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:50pm:
Now beyond the knee jerk reaction, and as I've stated : it's too late for that idea, if it was offered when MoTU was released and the Epic Levels/Destinies were introduced it would have worked, people would have capped a Destiny, Epic TRed to lock it, capped another one, TRed again... and so on.

This I can agree on.  This would have worked great when MotU launched.

Flav wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:50pm:
Now the L33T PoWahGamorZ are looking at their XPs and all their destinies and they see something that will have to be trashed if they want to have the new shinies ( 38 Points ) that will give them an edge over the unwashed mass, so they whine.

It’s not just the leet power gamers.  Some of us “play for fun” types can expect non-consensual anal penetration from this system.  I have a completionist with all the destinies at Tier V (except for Shiradi Champion.)  If we ever see a new class feat for completionist I get to lose 20 million XP with no hope of getting anything from this new system.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Send TopicPrint