Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ok seriously, tell me why NW is better than DDO (Read 66432 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Ok seriously, tell me why NW is better than DDO
Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
They released a new class, a ranger - a ranged ranger with no option of twf. Basically, an abomination. I will only play again the day they release warlock. Until then, they can suck it.

What morons.  They get the FR IP that includes the sword coast and is based on a book series with Drizzt and they DONT give you a ranger with TWF?  I hate copycat Drizzt builds in DDO, but as a game developer you have to make it an option.  It's fucking Neverwinter, FFS.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #26 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:54pm:
What morons.  They get the FR IP that includes the sword coast and is based on a book series with Drizzt and they DONT give you a ranger with TWF?  I hate copycat Drizzt builds in DDO, but as a game developer you have to make it an option.  It's fucking Neverwinter, FFS.

I am so glad drizzt died, I just wish it was artemis entreri. Hopefulyl Drizzy comes back in one last trilogy - Saved by Lolth. Drizzt comes back to faerun as lolths chosen, and cleans house.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #27 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:26am:
I am so glad drizzt died, I just wish it was artemis entreri. Hopefulyl Drizzy comes back in one last trilogy - Saved by Lolth. Drizzt comes back to faerun as lolths chosen, and cleans house.

I didn't mind him meeting his end, but the way it went down was seriously anti-climatic.  Really a terrible handling of what used to be a great character.  But then, he's been tedious for years.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #28 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 10:12am:
I didn't mind him meeting his end, but the way it went down was seriously anti-climatic.  Really a terrible handling of what used to be a great character.  But then, he's been tedious for years. 

I stopped reading the series a while back. When Ent and Jar hit the surface. D is finally dead?

Coles Notes anyone? Or should I just google it?

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #29 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 10:12am:

It really was, I think the useless staff bitch should have died.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 12:10pm:
I stopped reading the series a while back. When Ent and Jar hit the surface. D is finally dead?

Coles Notes anyone? Or should I just google it?

Drizzt mopes.

Cattibrie dies. (Most think she went insane due to the spellplague, but it was actually Drizzt's constant emo act that took her sanity)

Drizzt mopes. 

Drizzt bangs elf girl while pining for Cattie Brie.

Drizzt mopes some more.

Drizzt does some swordplay. 

Even more moping by Drizzt.  (Yes, Stonework's minotaur slaying optionals was inspired by Drizzt's eternal moping)

Artemis bangs elf girl.  Both think Drizzt will be pissed.  Drizzt doesn't care and is generally mopey.

Elf girl decides to kill Drizzt and put everyone out of his misery.  He doesn't care and doesn't defend himself.  Artemis does and tries to stop her.  Thankfully it doesn't work.  He spends last moments moping on Kelvin's Cairn.  Which is where all the moping began years ago.

Artemis, elf girl, decently cool monk character, and annoying dwarf cleric wander off.  Nobody mopes. 

EDIT:  Throw in some typical self-psychoanalysis monologues by Drizzt at the beginning of each book section.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:16pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #31 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:36am:
It is worth checking out IMO. But they are 2 different games. DDO is niche with character builds. NWO is much more WOWish. NWO felt like an arcade game more than a MMO.

Har Har Har...you facking eyesole, Har Har fack..... way to Fack

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Ash summed it up nicely.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #33 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
That stupid inky is dead?  Excellent.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #34 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:14pm:
Drizzt mopes.

Cattibrie dies. (Most think she went insane due to the spellplague, but it was actually Drizzt's constant emo act that took her sanity)

Drizzt mopes. 

Drizzt mopes some more.

Even more moping by Drizzt.  (Yes, Stonework's minotaur slaying optionals was inspired by Drizzt's eternal moping)

Artemis bangs elf girl.  Both think Drizzt will be pissed.  Drizzt doesn't care and is generally mopey.

Elf girl decides to kill Drizzt and put everyone out of his misery.  He doesn't care and doesn't defend himself.  Artemis does and tries to stop her.  Thankfully it doesn't work.  He spends last moments moping on Kelvin's Cairn.  Which is where all the moping began years ago.

Artemis, elf girl, decently cool monk character, and annoying dwarf cleric wander off.  Nobody mopes. 

EDIT:  Throw in some typical self-psychoanalysis monologues by Drizzt at the beginning of each book section. 

He is not dead. lol

See The Companions

They TR and usher in 5.0
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:27pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #35 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 8:34pm:
Har Har Har...you facking eyesole, Har Har fack..... way to Fack

Holy fuck...that was from 7/10. Did you just get your interwebs learner permit or something?

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #36 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:14pm:
Drizzt mopes.

Drizzt mopes. 

Drizzt mopes some more.

So it did get worse(better) as the writing went on...joy

IP Logged

eonone
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 17th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
They released a new class, a ranger - a ranged ranger with no option of twf. Basically, an abomination. I will only play again the day they release warlock. Until then, they can suck it.

The Hunter Ranger?  He can TWF as well as use a bow.  Just hit "tab", you'll go from bow to swords and vice-versa.

IP Logged

TheKabong
Waterworks Kobold

Rats live on no evil star.
. .

Reply #38 - Jan 19th, 2014 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Nurple

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #39 - Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
I like ddo better... but... when theres no good lfms up, like 90% of the time, itll give you something to actually play..lol..

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #40 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jan 21st, 2014 at 11:01pm:
I like ddo better... but... when theres no good lfms up, like 90% of the time, itll give you something to actually play..lol..

Yeah, same here. My guild had been bleeding away players from DDO for a year or two, and when Turdbin announced everybody would lose all of their enhancements and have to learn new enhancements under the new (and probably bug ridden) system, they pretty much threw up their hands and gave up.

And great Turdbin timing, it was just when Neverwinter was The New Shiny. So as much as I hate 4.0, that's where my Real Life friends are gaming, so that's where I go. That's what bugs me so much about MajMal saying DDO is OK because they still have the big spenders. I spent hundreds, and I know of at least 2 other guild mates who spent hundreds, but we're all gone because the small spenders went to NWO.

And it's really revitalized my guild, too. People who left two years ago came to Neverwinter and are playing 3 nights a week (which is big for us, we are all very casual players). We can hop on and run some quests for half an hour. No waiting to form a party, no long run to get to the quest entrance, just hop on and have some fun.

One guild mate was feeling nostalgic over DDO and we logged in one Saturday over Christmas break, the place was a wasteland. And we hit 3 or 4 major game breaking bugs in the hour or two we were on.

So while DDO has better core rules and better customization, they got rid of the thing that is my single most important factor when deciding what to play - my friends  Cry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #41 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 5:12am
Print Post  
NW is really easy, i mean that is not a problem for newbies but it makes game boring earlier. Pvp sucks as someone said before and game looks like animeish rpgs little bit (I didnt like that way). But I think at least it deserves a chance. Go for it.

IP Logged

Lurp
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I tried it for awhile but went back to DDO.
The out of game tools are great, I wish DDO had them. Character and inventory management etc.
The actual game was boring, imo and the graphics were too wow like. Giant people and weapons

IP Logged

Ironwolf2
Korthos Resident

Reply #43 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Finally got around to removing this crapy game from my PC.
Didnt make it past level 20. Npcs facial expressions were creepy, combat boring. Character customization non existent.
A DnD game only in name. Most I know that played left NW went back to DDO or move on another mmo.

Who fracken banned my original account!!!

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #44 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Foundry was a good concept, poorly executed. Could've been so much more customization, but it never really drew me in the way the NWN 1 one did.

IP Logged

Lurp
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I was very disappointed in the character models, especially faces. DDO's are better and the game is years older.

IP Logged

Onceler
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Problem with the Foundry is you cannot get real gear from it. It is fun if you just want to run a different story type quest, but if there is no chance of payoff in real gear then its only use is getting xp when you are tired of the stories in the quests.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
So if it sucks so bad explain these 2 articles:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/30115/Neverwinter-Bra...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/30118/Neverwinter-PWE...

Just to be clear I am not defending it, I agree it's terrible. So very much surprised at these 2 announcements.

IP Logged

Jasongnc
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Definately felt like a console game anyway, so that's probably a good move.  First comment in the second article paraphrased: "hope this revitalizes the game"

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #49 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
I only ever played a cleric, so maybe it is better with other classes, but I know for me the solokiting the adds while dotting the boss thing got very old very fast...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint