Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U19 THF Cleaver (Read 53816 times)
radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: U19 THF Cleaver
Reply #125 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Thank you for helping me understand and being patient with my noobish questions lol.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #126 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:41pm:
I'm relatively new to doing custom builds. i used to just use the cookie cutter template follow your suggested path builds when I first started and then couldn't understand why my toons were garbage in the epic levels.

My first toon was a path build warforged stalwart defender. I used to run into a group of mobs intimidate and then shield block.

I had no healing amp, didn't know what it was but thought I did a great job of reducing the workload for the healer...

We've all gotta start somewhere.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #127 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:35pm:

Heh.  My first time building my main, I took three fighter levels just to get the extra +1 to max dex bonus from enhancements.  47 AC would be AWESOME in pen and paper!

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #128 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:35pm:

Truth.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #129 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Sep 27th, 2013 at 6:16am:
Some weirdness: I'm just in the process of levelling a 12 Monk / 8 fighter Dorf G-Axe wielder similar to this and have just started getting points in GMoF; Dance of Flowers doesn't seem to be having any effect on my weapon damage multiplier.  Just a display bug, or is it borked?

In an unrelated note, I squeezed Whirlwind Attack into my build and it's totally worth it.  Whirlwind Attack is ...wait for it...  no mean feat on a toon like this.   Cool

whirlwind is a joke on qstaff build. is it better on a dual wielder?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #130 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Worse.

Unless they fixed the double-spin-pause animation for one attack.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #131 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 7:55am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:31am:
whirlwind is a joke on qstaff build. is it better on a dual wielder?

A guy in my guild is using it in a monk thing build, he said its awesome for unarmed atacks.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Carpone, I'm just curious, have you been able to test a 9 monk/8 fighter/3 wiz/sorc bladeforged version of this build on lamminia? I love this build as it is but there are some gear elements I cant get like the greater convalescent bracers of superior parrying and since I went 12 monk/8 fighter, i dont have magical training for SP's and am stuck augmenting a topaz of power and have 200 SP's.

I saw you mention a bladeforged option and the idea of being able to properly self heal effectively interests me. Plus I could get rid of rejuvy and slot primal scream.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #133 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
3wiz = more sp if you pick up mental toughness.

Spell crits also work with the recon SLA.

Bladeforged 9/8/3wiz works better than the op imo, it's better healing and frees up gear a feat and a twist that you'd have been dedicating to rejuv cucoon.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah, i was reading up on wizard and sorc trying to compare the two classes (ive never had a caster) and wizard seemed the way to go.

My problem now is the trying to use the character planner. when you choose bladeforged, it makes you take level 1 as a paladin...which i understand because you have to LR the level of paladin out.

But I dont know how the best way to plan this character out now on the planner. Maybe its because its really late and I cant see straight. Any suggestions would help and be appreciated.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #135 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
You could probably manually edit the save file and the load it up in the planner.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 11:18am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 7:55am:
A guy in my guild is using it in a monk thing build, he said its awesome for unarmed atacks.

It's stupid good. Although I think it may be one of those things that race/gender matters as to how it works. Human monk was where I used it (on a 12/8 with both fighter and monk on the 12 side) and it gave huge numbers of attacks compared to whirlwind on any other toon I've played.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Cetus's Retarded Twin
Reply #137 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 6:45am
Print Post  
12 ftr/ 6 mnk/ 2fvs, Helf 36 pt build pally dillie, Cleaver set and Pinion manyshot,

Pros over Cetus build:
1) Dont waste an epic twist in order to use heroic ability "Divine might"
2) Emp. healing + Hamp + Healing = 180-200 HP per tick of cocoon.
3) Extra 10 PRR from warpriest
4) Pretty helf!

Cons:
1) less saves
2) less saves
3) less saves
4) did I mention less saves?

Twists would be like:
1) Unearthly Reactions or Sense weakness
2) Dance of flowers
3) Cocoon

Or I could just say screw it and do Bladeforged Cetus and eat Maj. Mnem. SP trinkets like mad during quests?
Freeing up ED twist might be worth it Cheesy

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
I'm levelling up a 10/6/4 Ftr/Mnk/Pally - Human.

Basically the same as Cetus build but without Stunning blow and completionist feats.
Only 10 ftr means I have 1 less feat, so I went with master of forms for the earth stance crit multiplier.

I do get div might without using up a twist.

Downside compared to Cleaver build is no emp healing

Upside is the saves are really nice.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 6:43pm:
Carpone, I'm just curious, have you been able to test a 9 monk/8 fighter/3 wiz/sorc bladeforged version of this build on lamminia? I love this build as it is but there are some gear elements I cant get like the greater convalescent bracers of superior parrying and since I went 12 monk/8 fighter, i dont have magical training for SP's and am stuck augmenting a topaz of power and have 200 SP's.

I saw you mention a bladeforged option and the idea of being able to properly self heal effectively interests me. Plus I could get rid of rejuvy and slot primal scream.

I haven't played for more than a month -- since Lagbar started up.  Never tested the 9/8/3 split, but I suppose I'll get around to it on Lam now that I have some fucks to give about this game again.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 28th, 2013 at 3:55pm:
I haven't played for more than a month -- since Lagbar started up.  Never tested the 9/8/3 split, but I suppose I'll get around to it on Lam now that I have some fucks to give about this game again.

Breaks are good/excellent, I am on one myself currently 3+ months strong from playing DDO(for the most part, only have logged in a handful of times & only once on the monday night before U20 to flag all toons for raids to get my boxes).

Glad 2 have 1 of the pro toon builders back though! Cheers! Tongue! Smiley! Cheesy!

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #141 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 1:50am
Print Post  
mhm, I was wondering why you took 2 druid levels then I saw the double strike ^^, I was thinking more on the lines of 10fighter/9mnk/1druid, I guess its just a trade for an action boost: doublestrike for an extra feat, pick your juice i guess (:

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 9:19am
Print Post  
the 2 druid also gives you ram's might for an extra die to hit and damage, the empower heal spell feat to help your rejuvy cocoon heal you and the 30% doublestrike clicky.

30% double strike along with a haste boost and the attack speed of a monk...thats a whole lot of damage.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #143 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 9:58am
Print Post  
I tried both Carpone's and Cetus's build on my fighter; I ended up liking neither, Carpone's less than Cetus's. Either one still ends up extremely reliant on blitzing in EE, and that just does not work out well IME. I ended up needing someone healing me too much of the time. Dunno if bladeforged would help or not, but I'm skeptical of the limited mana you'll have for bf heals.

Probably'll turn my fighter into a monkcher when I get around to doing something with it, even though I already have a monkcher.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #144 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
radonek wrote on Dec 2nd, 2013 at 9:19am:
the 2 druid also gives you ram's might for an extra die to hit and damage, the empower heal spell feat to help your rejuvy cocoon heal you and the 30% doublestrike clicky.

30% double strike along with a haste boost and the attack speed of a monk...thats a whole lot of damage.

it really depends on what you want, if you take 2 levels vs the one you only lose on the double strike, and now you want have to spend 6AP which could used elsewhere for other goodies. And plus they changed class based action boosts to all share the same count, which means you could gnab action boost:haste instead of the double strike, which is a little mlbit more powerful when calculating the extra damage you get from glancing blows. (something you don't get with double strike)

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #145 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Dec 2nd, 2013 at 9:58am:
I tried both Carpone's and Cetus's build on my fighter; I ended up liking neither, Carpone's less than Cetus's. Either one still ends up extremely reliant on blitzing in EE, and that just does not work out well IME. I ended up needing someone healing me too much of the time. Dunno if bladeforged would help or not, but I'm skeptical of the limited mana you'll have for bf heals.

Probably'll turn my fighter into a monkcher when I get around to doing something with it, even though I already have a monkcher.

if your having problems with self heals maybe your not having enough prr, hp or forgetting to use displacement clickys :p. And that beguile will mess up the to-hit of all non red names or lower statuses.  In saying this I'm really surprised your having problems healing yourself 0.o p.s I like the bladeforged idea for this build

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #146 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 4:55am
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2013 at 2:35pm:
if your having problems with self heals maybe your not having enough prr, hp or forgetting to use displacement clickys :p. And that beguile will mess up the to-hit of all non red names or lower statuses.  In saying this I'm really surprised your having problems healing yourself 0.o p.s I like the bladeforged idea for this build

I blame you're parents.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint