Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U19 THF Cleaver (Read 53912 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: U19 THF Cleaver
Reply #100 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
6 is an exrta spell slot and the stance for their little defender style.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #101 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Thanks Epoch, I hadn't considered using a Stalwart stance so I missed that nugget. Seems like 4Pal is the better way to go though for a DPS build.

I'm strongly considering 2Pal to go 12Ftr for Power Surge and twisting Endless Turning to get my Turn Undeads.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #102 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I'm wondering about ED feat: Elusive target.
With my Cleaver setup I'm looking at
lvl26:  ED: Perfect THF
lvl27:  Epic damage reduction
lvl28:  ED: Elusive target.

5% chance to completely ignore damage on top of 79 PRR, permablur, shadow veil, and disp. clickies is like an icing on the cake. Thoughts, anyone?

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #103 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
So, after an enemy gets through blur, displace, shadow vale, and AC, then you have a 1 in 20 chance of ignoring that damage?

How many attacks would it take to be able to take advantage of that? Sounds like a waste to me but I tend to avoid getting hit.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #104 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 7:03am:
I'm wondering about ED feat: Elusive target.
With my Cleaver setup I'm looking at
lvl26:  ED: Perfect THF
lvl27:  Epic damage reduction
lvl28:  ED: Elusive target.

5% chance to completely ignore damage on top of 79 PRR, permablur, shadow veil, and disp. clickies is like an icing on the cake. Thoughts, anyone?

5% chance seems a bit low for me. If it were a 10% chance I'd be much more likely to take it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #105 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 8:38am:
How many attacks would it take to be able to take advantage of that? Sounds like a waste to me but I tend to avoid getting hit.

It blocks both physical and spell damage for and there is barely anything else worth taking
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013 at 9:41am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #106 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 9:40am:
It blocks both physical and spell damage for and there is barely anything else worth taking

If they made the Holy Strike divine 26/28 feat able to bypass Good damage reduction, I think that'd be a clear choice for melees.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #107 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
I am under the impression that right now PTWF gives out 5% doublestrike to your main weapon even if you're not dual-wielding. At least, I've seen many builds include it for THF builds. Does it not work?

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Thats the reason I took it. Never bothered to look TBH

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #109 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:08am:
I am under the impression that right now PTWF gives out 5% doublestrike to your main weapon even if you're not dual-wielding. At least, I've seen many builds include it for THF builds. Does it not work?

I was not aware of that. Obviously I will take it then Cheesy

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #110 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:08am:

What? Whoa. Really? o.O
Must go check that out...

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Once Lamannia TR is unborked, I'll be testing Bladeforged 9 Monk/8 Fighter/3 Sorc using Cleaver.  Sorc 3 nets 567 SP (incl Wizardry X item, but does not includea CHA or Greensteel) which is 22 SLA Reconstructs before using a bauble.  10 AP in Eldritch Knight provides 3% doublestrike and 10 PRR.  I'll replace Rejuv Cocoon with Primal Scream.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Name_Is_Not_Allowed wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:06pm:
What? Whoa. Really? o.O
Must go check that out...

Took Perfect TWF yesterday,
Had 10% doublestrike, Now its 15%
BEST. EDfeat. EVERRRR!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #113 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
Once Lamannia TR is unborked, I'll be testing Bladeforged 9 Monk/8 Fighter/3 Sorc using Cleaver.  Sorc 3 nets 567 SP (incl Wizardry X item, but does not includea CHA or Greensteel) which is 22 SLA Reconstructs before using a bauble.  10 AP in Eldritch Knight provides 3% doublestrike and 10 PRR.  I'll replace Rejuv Cocoon with Primal Scream.

I think that Iconics will still be forced to take their icon class after TR, because Turdbine ;/
Bladeforged + 1 lvl of pal
Morninglord + 1 lvl of clr
Shadarkai + 1 lvl of rog
Dragon knight + 1 lvl of ftr

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #114 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 11:50pm:
I think that Iconics will still be forced to take their icon class after TR, because Turdbine ;/

You seem to have the OP in the reincarnation reincarnated thread.

Quote:
Improvements to Lesser Reincarnation also impact Iconics! Not only is a Lesser Reincarnation an option for Iconics with Update 20, we have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.

Even if we're stuck with the class the first time round it's changeable.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #115 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Doublestrike (and hence Perfect TWF) isn't so hot if you're running LD and cleaving all the time - you don't get doublestrike off of cleaves.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #116 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:55am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 2:45am:
Doublestrike (and hence Perfect TWF) isn't so hot if you're running LD and cleaving all the time - you don't get doublestrike off of cleaves.

Ok, thx for the info.
A different question on twists:
Currently, I have
t4 Standing with stone
t1 Dance of flowers
t1 cocoon

I want to take t2 Momentum swing instead of t1 dance of flowers, switch to FotW and abuse Adrenaline burst dps.
Pros of going form LD to FotW:
1) Primal scream
2) Injury bleeding dmg
3) Sense weakness*
4) Overwhelming Force no save knockdown
5) Perma -20% on boss via Insult
6) Adrenaline burst on Fist of Iron/Momentum swing*
7) Epic Moment*

Cons:
1) -2x crit on 19-20 multiplier (headman+devastating)*
2) Lay waste+momentum swing combo*
3) -3 extra haste/damage/doublestrike*
4) -0.5[W] Imp. PA
5) -0 sec cd between boosts
6) Blitz for linear/all in one area quests

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 10:35am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 2:45am:

Yep.  But there's not much better to take instead.  Elusive Target isn't all that awesome:

100% chance to be hit * .50 Displacement * .75 Incorporeality * .95 Elusive Target = 35.62% to be hit.

100% chance to be hit * .50 Displacement * .75 Incorporeality = 37.5% to be hit without Elusive Target.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #118 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 11:52am
Print Post  
I don't remember the feats I took, but there was something better than PTWF.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2013 at 11:53am by cdr »  

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #119 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Some kind of necro, but I want to TR my bard into something useful now that he has a cleaver.

How do you guys feel about something Divine Might instead of 2 Druid?

2 FVS gets some saves and PRR.
2 Pal gets a lot of saves and DM at the cost of a destiny twist.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #120 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Read page four of the thread for what I feel like is the consensus on divine splashes on this build.

It's really your call. As it stands, they are all viable splits. Wasting a twist slot though.... eh.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I have a variation of this build where im a 12m/8 fighter split. I am rejuvy/scroll healing atm but not a whole lot of healing amp but with my 90 AC and 84 PRR i am taking less damage than previous lives and I seem to be able to heal my self decent enough, though not as good as I could be with more healing amp. Originally, my plan was to shove a devotion 138 augment in cleaver to help that out but then mabar happened. That augment of endless night seemed too good to pass up. The ability to neg level mobs on top of what cleaver already does...I couldn't resist. So, I've been running around testing it out and I love it...I cant see changing that augment out.

So my plan for healing amp is to try and farm out the FOT gloves and adjust my gear accordingly. Unfortunately, my gear is kind of a hogpodge of named loot and U19 "guardian" gear. I do have convalescent bracers but they arent the superior version.  I am also looking at farming EE Shadowsight and Skullduggery kit though I'm not sure which version just yet.

The other thing I've done is run FOTW instead of LD. The main reason is that I like Precision over PA. It breaks down enemy fort from what I understand and I have noticed I actually do more damage with Precision than PA. Momentum swing requires PA to use where as Adrenaline overload doesn't. Now if I am wrong about this, please tell me. I am still learning and always welcome the opportunity to be educated by superior players with more experience than me.

All this being said, I am intrigued with the idea of a bladeforged version of this build for the cheap reconstruct that would eliminate the worry of adequate self heals.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #122 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks for pointing me to that page, but it contained gems as
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 27th, 2013 at 4:06am:
7 strength is 3-4 damage
Ram's might is 3 damage for 10 sp/5 minutes and no gear and stat investments

7 Str = +3 or +4 mod, i.e. +4, +5 or +6 damage.

Quote:
The other thing I've done is run FOTW instead of LD. The main reason is that I like Precision over PA. It breaks down enemy fort from what I understand and I have noticed I actually do more damage with Precision than PA. Momentum swing requires PA to use where as Adrenaline overload doesn't. Now if I am wrong about this, please tell me. I am still learning and always welcome the opportunity to be educated by superior players with more experience than me.

Precision is only worth activating if the mob has a high fortification and a large part of your damage comes from crits. Most trash mobs will get critted anyway. Against bosses, you will have to do the math if a fort reduction from, say, 80% to 55% is more damage than +10 damage on every swing.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:41pm by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:32pm:
Thanks for pointing me to that page, but it contained gems as
7 Str = +3 or +4 mod, i.e. +4, +5 or +6 damage.

Precision is only worth activating if the mob has a high fortification and a large part of your damage comes from crits. Most trash mobs will get critted anyway. Against bosses, you will have to do the math if a fort reduction from, say, 80% to 55% is more damage than +10 damage on every swing.

Thank you for the info about Precision, much appreciated. Like I said, I'm still trying to learn more to be a better player.

I do notice a significant amount of damage in my crits with precision during my time testing our Precision. I have tested it in EE quests and even o the training dummy on the ship. The most I've critted using human damage boost/adrenaline/deadly strike with PA is about 4500-4700 on a natural 20 roll. But with Precision, I've used the same combination and have critted for over 8k on a natural 20 roll. Even my non natural 20 rolls seen to hit for more damage than PA and I'm not sure why.

I admittedly don't seem to have the knowledge of the math or patience to understand why. My non crit swings with no boosts other than sting of the ninja are right around 200 per swing when you add up glancing blows and poison damage.

I really struggle to comprehend calculating THF damage. i can take one swing at the training dummy on the ship with cleaver and i get 5 columns of damage in one row, but I often also get 3 more numbers on a second row and occaisionally a third row with 2 more numbers of damage but I really don't know why or what the other rows of damage are for.

I assume the first row is the initial hit and glancing blows. I see the purple sting of the ninja poison damage. I am also assuming the other numbers are enhancement/epic destiny based and I am getting the occaisional chance for elemental effects to proc along with some sneak attack damage from ninja spy.

It's these things that make me still feel like a noob lol. I'm relatively new to doing custom builds. i used to just use the cookie cutter template follow your suggested path builds when I first started and then couldn't understand why my toons were garbage in the epic levels.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #124 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Glancing Blows are usually displayed in a new line, and so are extra strikes generated by doublestrike.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint