Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) TWF viable post update 19? (Read 24912 times)
Rincewind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

TWF viable post update 19?
Aug 26th, 2013 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
From what i been reading here and in the official forums, seems like for EE content twf got even more fucked than before specialy for khopesh users...
So i started this topic to get some feedback around the used to be clasic 12 ftr 6 ranger 2 rogue builds, seems like it would be a wiser idea to just do 9 ranger 8 fighter 3 arti, but the monk seems really good... thoughts?

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: TWF viable post update 19?
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
I'm interested in this as well. I have a 34 pt human 12 fighter 7 rogue 1 barb TWF using khopeshes & nightmare.

Hope Munk/Carp et al have some kick ass killer builds they can share! Tongue! Smiley! Cheers!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
You can dual wield one handed Esos, but you have to be on Khyber.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Cleaver is so good -- why bother with TWF?  If I was going to do TWF, it would be:

8 Fighter for Kensei crit range
9 Monk for Shadow Veil and Improved Evasion
3 Ranger for 75 positive healing, 10% offhand proc

Celestia x2 for the Radiance proc on crit (15-20) and ignore all DR quality.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:44pm:
You can dual wield one handed Esos, but you have to be on Khyber.

And Axer Cheesy

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
Cleaver is so good -- why bother with TWF?

I assume this only stands for fightery types?  A pure rogue is still better off TWFing, no?  And even better given dex to damage as well now...

Also, would a dex based scimi wielding elf ranger not be pretty decent too?  Seems like a lot of hit/dam bonus in the combined elf and ranger trees that would stack up nicely.  I've been considering using my LR+20 to turn my Elf FvS into something like this.

Carpone wrote on Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
If I was going to do TWF, it would be:

8 Fighter for Kensei crit range
9 Monk for Shadow Veil and Improved Evasion
3 Ranger for 75 positive healing, 10% offhand proc

Celestia x2 for the Radiance proc on crit (15-20) and ignore all DR quality.

Celestia's a better bet than khopesh?  Or DAxes?  Just curious because I Lr'ed my helf figher/monk/paladin into just 8 monk/ 8 fighter (he's only level 16 right now) and set him up using DAxes.  It's really weird.  He didn't even take the finesse feat, but uses dex for hit and damage with the DAxes, while remaining centered. 50% at level miss chance, and about 18% dodge... without much effort.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Ninja Spy II is what is causing that

IP Logged

Rincewind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Guess the need of ppr on EE, and ninja spy 2 for that matter is making non pure twf assesin rogues bad

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I still plan on going TWF khopesh if i ever get to a final life on my main, but I don't really care for super optimization, so if you want to be super optimal THF is prob the best.....although TWF can still be fun Tongue

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:54am
Print Post  
TWFing is fine.  My fighter went back to the 12/6/2 "monster" build which gets  better with 100% off-hand attacks and Earth stance with another x1 crit on 19-20.

Still fucking arround with ENH and twists.  Currently he's in complete "hjeal meh!" mode but you can twist in cacoon and get a bunch of devotion from Deepwood if you want.

Pure/mostly fighter is crap.  Very disappointed with how it performed.  Kensai really needs monk now to be good and I'm not sure I like that but it is what it is.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 3:29am
Print Post  
What I understand from reading these posts is that my twf fighter was crap and now it is really shit.

I have absolute no understaning for this munchkin multiklass. So I will torture you with my ignorance.

First question: do you fight in pijamas or wear armor? I mean, monk.

IP Logged

Saecru
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
What I understand from reading these posts is that my twf fighter was crap and now it is really shit.

I have absolute no understaning for this munchkin multiklass. So I will torture you with my ignorance.

PJs/Bathrobes

Gotta be centered.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:02am
Print Post  
I'm still working out what direction I want to go with my 2wf (non handwrap) toons.

Here's my problems with melee atm. Earth stance is so fucking good, so is shadowfade. What we're getting for 6monk + 1 feat slot is too fucking good, the devs fucked up with earthstance, yet they continually keep improving it.

The next issue, especially with 2wf, is that by the time you've got 6monk levels, handwraps, with stunning fist and their faster attack speed really start to outshine most weapon choices.

At the moment, I'm really struggling to come up with a good 2wf (armed) build that wouldn't play the same, but be better with 6monk levels, and then still be better with weapons over wraps.

The splits I'm coming back to most often.

Human 13rogue, 6monk, 1fvs = improved evasion, shadowfade, sneak dice, divine might, empower heal.  Kind of a jack of all trades though, not quite enough feats, can't squeeze in OC and tier 3 stances well.
(Also considering a 10rogue,6monk, 4pally version of this build with a heavier investment in cha, pally version would have opportunist instead of improved evasion.)

Human 8fighter, 6monk, 6ranger = AA / twf, centered with a plethora of weapons, again kind of directionless, but easy to respec to a more specific role depending on gear / enhancements.

I'll also turn my old 12/6/2 fighter paladin monk into a 12fighter, 5paladin, 3monk, purely cause it's an old khopesh toon I can semi salvage with a +1 heart of wood, saving the +20 for an Easy past life later.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:02am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:54am:
Kensai really needs monk now to be good

Still thinking about this, another crit multi on 19 - 20 is maybe 8 - 10+ average per hit, monk lets you dance of flowers, 15 % better incorp and dodge, 3 con.
Does it make up for 15 double strike now ?
Does that off hand chance in Shintao work with centered weapons or only unarmed ?
The biggest thing for me, no evasion, shit saves on pure.

Every toon is ranger/monk/fighter/rogue like there weren't 30 billion same ones before, so gay.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Quote:

This simply was never true.  as far as raw DPS was concern TWFing stayed ahead on single-targets, the CiTW weapons helped this. 

Quote:

Regarding TWFing pajamas and enough ranger for the extra 10% off-hand.  Shintao low-hanging-fruit will let you get another 10% off-hand for the full 100% off-hand.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:20am:
Still thinking about this, another crit multi on 19 - 20 is maybe 8 - 10+ average per hit, monk lets you dance of flowers, 15 % better incorp and dodge, 3 con.
Does it make up for 15 double strike now ?
Does that off hand chance in Shintao work with centered weapons or only unarmed ?

Ranger/monk splash gets you . . .

- 20% more off-hand attacks.
- +1 Crit on 19-20
- Some Sneak attack

Better than the capstone.

The biggest thing for me, no evasion, shit saves on pure.

The saves on my splash aren't that hot either, I have evasion in name only.

Every toon is ranger/monk/fighter/rogue like there weren't 30 billion same ones before, so gay.

Turbine never should have allowed the Centering of any weapon or the improved monk stance with feats.  but they did so we should abuse the fuck out of it.  it's not like they can go back on this anyway.

They've also made earth-stance way too over-powered.  I also expect this never to get nerfed.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:15am:
Turbine never should have allowed the Centering of any weapon or the improved monk stance with feats.  but they did so we should abuse the fuck out of it.  it's not like they can go back on this anyway.

You haven't seen abuse yet.  Bladeforged with Reconstruct and centered weapon = meleegasm.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:50am:
You haven't seen abuse yet.  Bladeforged with Reconstruct and centered weapon = meleegasm.

We are well aware of this and people are waiting for this to become a TR option.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I TR'd my pure assassin rogue into 13 rogue/6 ranger/1 monk. Centered t4 stances with shortswords (will be celestias at cap/eMG when I am in assassinate mode). I did 6 ranger for free manyshot and twf feats, and I'm trying to work in empower healing. 75 positive spell power + sneak dice from deepwood is nice too.  Tempest off hand proc % chance is also good.

Although Mo hit it on the head with 6 monk being so fucking amazing. I will miss shadow fade, but I'll just have to get over it. I did the 13/6/1 instead of 12/6/2 for the extra rogue feat. Improved evasion and opportunist.

Take this with a grain of salt, as all my characters are fucking terrible.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:17pm:
Although Mo hit it on the head with 6 monk being so fucking amazing. I will miss shadow fade, but I'll just have to get over it. I did the 13/6/1 instead of 12/6/2 for the extra rogue feat. Improved evasion and opportunist.

Shadowfade is nice but with 10% incorporeal being available in gear it's not is critical as some make it out to be.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:22pm:
Shadowfade is nice but with 10% incorporeal being available in gear it's not is critical as some make it out to be.

This.

And besides, why wouldn't you want to run a build like 13Rog/6Rgr/1Mnk in Shadowdancer anyway? It is by far the best destiny for any TWF Rogue.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:22pm:

True, which is why I'm not crying my eyes out for not going 6 monk  Smiley

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Also I just realized I am an idiot. Emp heal is for my druid splash toons not my rogue/ranger. I only have 6 levels of ranger, not 8.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #23 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:17pm:
I TR'd my pure assassin rogue into 13 rogue/6 ranger/1 monk. Centered t4 stances with shortswords (will be celestias at cap/eMG when I am in assassinate mode). I did 6 ranger for free manyshot and twf feats, and I'm trying to work in empower healing. 75 positive spell power + sneak dice from deepwood is nice too.  Tempest off hand proc % chance is also good.

Take this with a grain of salt, as all my characters are fucking terrible.

Hey check out the deepwood soul magic, it's kinda buggy and may be giving like infinity spellpoints.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #24 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:20am
Print Post  
6monk offers a lot more than just shadowfade though, there's also the :

6% dodge
3 bonus feats
10% movement speed (5% when you turn on earth stance)
+5/5/5 saves
Evasion
2/3's of the way towards earth stance three.

The only 6 level melee splash that really competes with monk imo is ranger, which is why I (and everyone else) keeps coming back to 8fighter, 6monk, 6ranger.

A 13rogue/6monk/1fvs or 13rogue/6ranger/1monk will be better melee dps thanks to sneak their attack dice, but much less rounded than an 8/6/6.

2wf has been falling behind since the release of motu. It's easy to see why players are gravitating towards 2hf or rounded builds. Just look at overwhelming criticals pre reqs, endgame being about dispensing of trash, furyshot being the best boss option.  Unless ddo gets back to a state where a significant portion of the game is about raiding with boss beating, focusing on 2wf at the expense of anything else is a bad choice.

The immediate future of DDO builds is obvious :
When iconics become TR'able. A reconstructing bladeforged melee/ranged will be godly, PDK bards (and tukaw's with rejuv cuccon) will also be popular choices.

I probably won't bother making them though, I have more fun now building in excel than I do logging in. Luckily feather is in charge of loot and Rowan has let us know another cap increase is on the way.  I've got no need for more pastlives, thus no reason to play.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint