Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Waking up with a missing kidney. (Read 15534 times)
FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Re: Waking up with a missing kidney.
Reply #25 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 3:02pm:
Replace every statues in the hall of heroes with their toons and hang a sign on them with the offense.

As empty and as a waste of space it is, the hall would not be large enough. Hmm, on second thought overall player population has gone down, maybe it will be large enough.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Report all of the broken ladder locations and then work as a personal assistant to FoS for 2 weeks. Oh fuck never mind the second parts to fucking painful for anyone.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2013 at 5:27pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #27 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Replace every statues in the hall of heroes with their toons and hang a sign on them with the offense.

Change their TR wings to tiny frowny faces.

Paint scarlet E on all their armor.

This sounds like something awesome, not punishment.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 1:50pm:
I think turbine should also publish a list with the rl AND ingame name/s, address, credit card info

Any company that publishes that information intentionally about its customers would be sued to high heavens by the customers who's information it published, the credit card companies and I'm sure various USA state/government entities. 

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Quote:

I second this motion!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 7:52am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 6:23am:
Any company that publishes that information intentionally about its customers would be sued to high heavens by the customers who's information it published.

You have no idea... In Froggy Land it's not would, it's WILL, and it's going to be Froggy Lands against Turbine. ( for what it's worth )

According to French Law I have the following rights when it comes to data concerning me :
- Access and modification at will of each and any data [ Turbine is already violating that with the Credit Card that can't be removed except by phone calls ].
- Turbine cannot sell or transfer to anybody any information concerning me without my consent.
   ( You have no idea what a mess it created when we transferred from Codemasters... because of that as it's part of the EU laws, not just Frog )
- I can ask at any time for a full copy of the data they have on me, and they have to give it. ( yes that means that if they don't want to disclose the full set of data I can just sue them, and fuck up the EULA/TOS  )
- I can ask at any time to have all the data concerning me to be deleted. [ Yes that really include ALL the fucking data, accounts, characters, everything. And they have to give me proof they have done it if I ask ]

That's just LAW here. And I even have an online form to fill if I want to be an ass.

The holder of the data has one main thing : Confidentiality of data.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2013 at 7:53am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Relentless
Korthos Resident

Everyone has a price

Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:55am
Print Post  

Paint scarlet E on all their armor.

A hall of 'fame' for exploiters? fuk yeah. Cept they need to list stats, like how much duping they did, for how long, and how long their punishment was for. So we can compare who was better....I mean who was a bad bad person...
I would wear that E with my head held high And a greedy little smile on my face while I rub my hands manically together awaiting the next exploit.

Turbine has screwed me over in so many ways that I think its only fair if they get screwd back every now and again.  Until they fix the connection so I don't have to log in twice. (not my comp, brand new comp, brand new router, checked firewall, its not me.)  Also until 20 Pots are back from a failed shroud due to lag, and my 20th end reward is in my invatory I am going to pork turbine every chance I get.      Cheesy

IF at first you do not succeed, kill all the witnesses.

IP Logged

Relentless
Korthos Resident

Everyone has a price

Reply #32 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Any company that publishes that information intentionally about its customers would be sued to high heavens by the customers who's information it published, the credit card companies and I'm sure various USA state/government entities. 

for those who do not live in the united states. Yes, not only would the client have the right to sue but they could also seek legal action from their credit card or bank if they so wanted. Also Turbine/WB would be looking at being attacked With legal action by the credit card/banks as well.
In the US you can sue for pretty much anything. Winning on the other hand is diffrent. But if you have money to throw at a good lawer, then you can screw over turbine... but you would be up against Warner Brothers lawyers and money. It would be a long fight, but giving away personal information without consent is illigal. 

So I highly doubt Turbine or WB would be foolish enough to ever do anything like that.

IF at first you do not succeed, kill all the witnesses.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Let's say I get the e-mail tomorrow and two weeks later I log on to find all my ill-gotten gains ripped from my bags.  So what?

Are they going to take the extra 20% xp I've gotten from all the pots I'm running off cloned eberron shards while zerging like a crack-head popping blade barrier cookies, stormreaver, abishi, velah, and titan cookies?

Go ahead, take my stuff.  I'll buy more off the AH when all the small time dupes go back up for sale.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #34 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #35 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 12th, 2013 at 7:25pm:
This sounds like something awesome, not punishment.

Oh was I supposed to think of punishments?  Oops.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Relentless wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:55am:
Until they fix the connection so I don't have to log in twice. (not my comp, brand new comp, brand new router, checked firewall, its not me.

Have you tried running ddo off a ssd or even a flash drive? I have heard a pylotro program will also fix that issue by preloading turbines horrible dat files.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #37 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 10:55am:
Let's say I get the e-mail tomorrow and two weeks later I log on to find all my ill-gotten gains ripped from my bags.  So what?

Are they going to take the extra 20% xp I've gotten from all the pots I'm running off cloned eberron shards while zerging like a crack-head popping blade barrier cookies, stormreaver, abishi, velah, and titan cookies?

Go ahead, take my stuff.  I'll buy more off the AH when all the small time dupes go back up for sale. 

The fear is Turbine will take not only your duped stuff but in their zeal of incompetence will also take a bunch of your legit stuff.

If you can tell me with total confidence this can't happen, you're dumber than all Sarlonans combined.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:38pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #38 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I'm just waiting for the howling maelstrom that will occur when they delete player's 'legit' items who 'hardly duped at all.'

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
I wouldnt mind them taking away an eSOS or Cleaver or Pinion or something else as a "don't do it again, okay" type punishment.

But then, I am partial to anarchy.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:36pm:
The fear is Turbine will take not only your duped stuff but in their zeal of incompetence will also take a bunch of your legit stuff.

If you can tell me with total confidence this can't happen, you're dumber than all Sarlonans combined.

My point was that their attempt at punishment isn't particularly threatening.  What they want to do is nothing anyone prepared can't quickly compensate for. 

I've complete confidence that not only will they screw up the job but it will be left with results ranging from accidentally adding inventory to a bug that auto-deletes any items that stack in your bank.  That part was never in question.  The only real threat is how incompetent the devs and admins will be at doing the job.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Could also depend on how many accounts they are banning and how many accounts are having items removed.

They could be doing it all manually. Going in and cleaning everything out.

One option to save time would be deleting all Free To Play accounts which were used as mules by people who didnt want to risk their main accounts (I dont cheat but if I did I would use 1 free account to cheat, then shift the items to another free acount for storage, and not have anything go back to the main account until long after the exploit has been fixed and bans handed out).

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 3:36pm:

I kind of thought that was exactly what Tolero said they were going to do.  If they only take your ill-gotten gains, then it's not actually a punishment at all.  It's only removing the things that you wouldn't have had without the exploit.

And really, anyone who did exploit and loses all of their stuff (even to the point of being buck naked and penniless) will be able to get back pretty damn close to everything that they had in less than a month.  And everyone who actually exploits on a regular basis will be able to exploit something else in the next year that will put them back over the top again without fear of punishment because the early exploiters have never been caught (and probably never will be).

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #43 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Wouldn't be hilarious if a main toon from a banned account was moved to Wayfinder as well as being stripped naked?

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #44 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:36am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:33pm:
I kind of thought that was exactly what Tolero said they were going to do.  If they only take your ill-gotten gains, then it's not actually a punishment at all.  It's only removing the things that you wouldn't have had without the exploit.

And really, anyone who did exploit and loses all of their stuff (even to the point of being buck naked and penniless) will be able to get back pretty damn close to everything that they had in less than a month.  And everyone who actually exploits on a regular basis will be able to exploit something else in the next year that will put them back over the top again without fear of punishment because the early exploiters have never been caught (and probably never will be).

WB...  Hope you have been doing well...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #45 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:09am:
Wouldn't be hilarious if a main toon from a banned account was moved to Wayfinder as well as being stripped naked?

Just winding up on Wayfinder would be bad enough.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:20am:
Just winding up on Wayfinder would be bad enough.

Yep. Even plat capped, with 10.000s Stacks of everything.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #47 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:09am:

Wayfinder would become the Australia of DDO.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Oct 13th, 2013 at 9:24pm:
Could also depend on how many accounts they are banning and how many accounts are having items removed.

They could be doing it all manually. Going in and cleaning everything out.

One option to save time would be deleting all Free To Play accounts which were used as mules by people who didnt want to risk their main accounts (I dont cheat but if I did I would use 1 free account to cheat, then shift the items to another free acount for storage, and not have anything go back to the main account until long after the exploit has been fixed and bans handed out).

They are doing it manually. At least the banning part. They have scripts to detect suspicious accounts and then a GM handle the banning itself. At least according to what we know. They don't want a fucked up SQL query going AWOL in the database banning everybody and the dog like it happened in Maban.

note to Asheras : That's also why I suspect Turbine doesn't have a real SQL DBA if they could fuck up such a single query, they have no clue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #49 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Oct 14th, 2013 at 12:39pm:
Wayfinder would become the Australia of DDO.

Would that make it an epeenal colony?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint