Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic EE What Goes Up, what's your game plan for it? (Read 13133 times)
Darree
Waterworks Kobold

'Cause im cool like that.

EE What Goes Up, what's your game plan for it?
Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Hey all,

Yesturday, after getting a bit tired of doing some TRs, I decided to ask guildies and friends if they wanted to run a eeWGU. We had a group only composed of vets, 3 Shiradi casters, 1 monkcher and a FvS/monk running in GMOF.

For the cave (Inside) part, it went all well, maybe to smooth actually. When we got outside, even after explainations, things started to get real, and when I thought I saw the hardest part, we arrived to end-boss. Those 4 fucking pillars with 50 billions HPs; those assassins getting out of nowhere; the huge mass of trash bersekers with all of those respawning (fuck earth eles) and with all of that you gotta work on the boss at the same time.

Managed to finish in about an hour and a half.

I was wondering, is that a typic run? Good, decent, bullshit ?

-

Any ways I would love your input and you to share how you do it, what is your usual group composition for it ? (If you somewhat run it on a static time). - Is there a safe spot? - any trick to make it easier?

And yes, even after this horrible experience I will retry, I am looking from the ring from there.

Thanks for your time and tips!

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: EE What Goes Up, what's your game plan for it?
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
My gameplan:

Have a movie running on another monitor so I have something to do for 90 minutes.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:32pm:
My gameplan:

Have a movie running on another monitor so I have something to do for 90 minutes.

aka pike?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Darree
Waterworks Kobold

'Cause im cool like that.

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 1:47pm:
aka pike?

When it comes to piking, I think we both did good.

-

OK, now anyone have a clue how to do it AND being efficient?
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2013 at 5:31pm by Darree »  

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
My group has the same plan for most quest.  Dont suck.

Serioulsy though the mountain part has a ton of things you have to kill.  That takes time.  90 is maybe a little slow but not awful.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
It's easy until end fight. i like to group up at ramp going into end fight after pillars are taken down. beat end boss down when he comes to you, kill trash that spawns. kill 4 shadovar one at a time pull them out and back from endfight area. then kill end boss at entrance ramp. ee time is generally under an hour. byoh self sufficient toons only. no gimps no pikers and be useful.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
I think generally, you should try to DPS the boss every chance you get.  The pillars die long before he does in my experience, which is usually solo and may be different.  The idea is to get shadowfell to pop about the same time the pillars fall. 

Your shiradi casters should be spamming acid fogs/ice storms to help with CC a bit, and no one should be standing still, ever (even melee). 

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
kill initial spawns, invis run thru first part. get crest/keys/npc and into mini boss fight kill trash dps boss very self explanitory. All pillars can be ranged safely from a safe spot take them out first. group at entry ramp kill trash spawns and ele's ect. dps boss when he appears kill assasins first as a priority when they spawn. pull shadovar one at time out of the purple haze and kill them, if you get more than one deal with it. take shrines/mana trinkets with if you feel the need. boss will come to u at ramp easiest to keep party together rather than helter skelter all over. dps boss whenever he appears. easy peasy under an hour shortman.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
exploytoften wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 6:56pm:
All pillars can be ranged safely from a safe spot take them out first.

What safe spot is that? I only know of one spot and it only gets you the first pillar. Invisible wall blocks other pillars. Maybe you know exact spot where to stand?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:54pm:
What safe spot is that? I only know of one spot and it only gets you the first pillar. Invisible wall blocks other pillars. Maybe you know exact spot where to stand?

You can shoot ALL the pillars from the bottom.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:54pm:

That's really nice indeed.

IP Logged

vaultalt
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:54pm:

When it was first released it was fairly easy to kill at least 3 pillars from safe distance, but at some point it  seemed to have been changed because they were blocked even though we tried standing in the exact same places we had used before. Is this up to date information?

OP: Attacking Amskar at the start seems wasteful, since he has set hp-levels where he will automatically regenerate if you haven't progressed the quest. Generally better to try and avoid him altogether while you defeat his minions.

As far as i can tell pillars can be killed first, last (except for Amskar) or at any time in between, but defeating the waves of orcs/elementals/shadovars is what triggers progression. Assassins and wizards will respawn if killed. The strategy I've seen most is to stay at the gate with a clear path of retreat behind you, and gradually pull and kill off the waves, then have one person agro and kite the assassins while pillars are taken down. If it looks like you'll be overwhelmed, or if Amskar takes interest, use your line of retreat without falling off...

Without lag it should be under an hour, but the quest is lag-prone during the entire outdoors sequence and extremely unforgiving.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #12 - Jan 15th, 2014 at 9:47am
Print Post  
vaultalt wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 6:35am:
When it was first released it was fairly easy to kill at least 3 pillars from safe distance, but at some point it  seemed to have been changed because they were blocked even though we tried standing in the exact same places we had used before. Is this up to date information?

All 4 pillars can be shot from the ground without opening the door.  It's completely safe.

People make this quest a lot more difficult than it really is.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
One person grab everything's aggro and jump down, mobs just get stuck at the gate. Rest of the party can comfortably take their time killing important bits

On EH and EN I use charm to get some breathing room, try it EE if you have enough DC

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Bring some CC and 1 or 2 duped shrines, and its very easy quest.
Shoot pillars from the ground.
Wear sunglasses at endfight.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
I just usually let the people, using the druid glitch or the shiradi sorc / the new flavor of sorc everyones using, solo it.. then i get free loot.. so either make a toon like that or.. do it my way.. or the hard way.. its up to you..

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
My plan is soloing it, like a boss.

Then put up a group for free loot and see them pull all the named stuff I never get  Undecided

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 9:30pm:
Then put up a group for free loot and see them pull all the named stuff I never get  Undecided

With great power comes great generosity  Grin

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Feb 26th, 2014 at 9:30pm:
My plan is soloing it, like a boss.

Note to self: Don't forget to add Distributed to friend list and follow his LFMs.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 9:47am:
All 4 pillars can be shot from the ground without opening the door.  It's completely safe.

People make this quest a lot more difficult than it really is. 

Agreed.  All 4 pillars can be ranged from lower level, although it takes awhile on EE unless you have a few monkchers.

Best approach I have found is to turn off auras/effects, Mass Invis and Zerg thru the inside mountains parts as much as possible.  There are some obvious stopping points of course, but you can avoid a lot of trash mobs this way and speed up your runs to about 40-50mins from memory.

I try to save the shrine immediately after the Mythyllar, before you head outside as you can come back for it if needed.
Once outside, you can mass Invis & Zerg, but we usually don't as you need to stop at a few spots to take down the pillars.  Also, if anyone dies and has to come back from that shrine, it helps to have a safe path back to the top.

The shrine before the ramp is use it or lose it, so use it up.
If you die or run out of SP during the final rounds up top, you can drop down at the right spot and head back into the mountain to use that shrine you saved.
If you have plenty of duped sp pots - don't bother, up to you.

As someone suggested, Amskar does have tiered HP - you can and should bring him down each time he appears, but you cannot progress until you kill the trash mobs for each round and some re spawn, so don't flaff around.  Best approach I have found is pulling them back to ramp in small groups where CC and group is waiting.  Shadovar & boss can be a bitch with meteor swarm and chain lightning that hits hard on EE.  So grouping up has its risks.

I have seen strategies to kite the mobs away, but you have to kill them anyway, so that just prolongs the pain unless you have some static damage like BB or clouds to kite thru.
There is one safe spot I know of, which can be used if you don't have a full group or the group is a bit underpowered, but it does make the quest a bit tedious.  A good strong group won't need it.

If Amskar is teleporting around like that retarded boss in DA, then it is usually a good indication that you have a mob to kill somewhere before you can progress.
For that final lag inducing wave of insanity, fury shot Amskar and then jump off onto the lower levels.

Collect loot, rinse and repeat.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 5:53am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Logar
Korthos Resident

Being awesome is the way.

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
For melees 4Pillars: in my video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94hLZ5tJ0Y4) you can see me standing by pillars closely in some spots and watching around to check if the boss spawns near me, in which case i move or equip spell absorption item just in case he decide to throw me a flesh to stone. Standing to pillars closely will limit the aggro you get from spawning mobs, few mobs are though required for blitzers to keep the stacks up.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:58pm by Logar »  

Playing DDO since it's very launch. PM me if you wish to know who I am.

IP Logged

Daze
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama! I do ...
I really do.

Reply #21 - Mar 22nd, 2014 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
There's two safe spots you can pull to.

The structure over the final drawbridge. One side keeps the mobs up top. the other makes them path to you. You can also DPS a pillar from there (ranged).

The other safe spot is on the ramp up. The wall furthest from the entrance has a obelisk on the left side. If you hide next to it (trying to get behind it) you pass through an invisible wall that you cannot get hit through.

Also you can hit another pillar (the one next to the pillar hit from the drawbridge structure) from a perch on top of a white mound of snow you jump to. You have to land on an inclined angle and it takes some skill/practice to stick the landing but once there you ease over to a point you're almost falling off and can DPS the next pillar with ranged around the invisible wall.

Game plan:

Have ranged folks jump the chains and get to perches before anyone goes up ramp.

Have kiters go up ramp to start end fight and gather agro then proceed to one of two safe spots. Ranged drop all pillars while mobs are busy trying to hit inaccessible players. You can continue this trend to keep shadar kai and mages busy and away from your dps folks.

Once pillars are dropped kill orcs (ignore shadar kai and mages unless they annoy you they respawn). Orcs will respawn only once.

After orcs kill elementals. They respawn once.

Finally Shadowvar. They do not respawn.

If you get the opportunity to dps Amskar during all this go for it, carefully. He has a fairly high DC with things like symbol of stunning (invisible to see during shadowvar stage) and flesh to stone and his spells hit like trucks (evasion, fire shield pots and shield scrolls help)

Once the Shadowvar are down more orcs will spawn .. gather them up and take them to a safe spot. DPS Amskar and win.

One more added bit of advice. Freedom of Movement and/or fire shield are good to have in there to nagate the spamming of webs by mages and Amskar
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2014 at 5:34pm by Daze »  

IP Logged

paraplegic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
main way to handle things.
  • enter the quest.
  • after 10 mins fake someone is at the door
  • loot

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #23 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
paraplegic wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 1:46am:
main way to handle things.
  • enter the quest.
  • after 10 mins fake someone is at the door
  • loot

What my guildie does every run he does with me.
Such a doushebag.
Pulled consuming and goatkins as well so far..
Sigh

IP Logged

Myth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 20th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks, very useful

Daze wrote on Mar 22nd, 2014 at 5:29pm:
There's two safe spots you can pull to.

The structure over the final drawbridge. One side keeps the mobs up top. the other makes them path to you. You can also DPS a pillar from there (ranged).

The other safe spot is on the ramp up. The wall furthest from the entrance has a obelisk on the left side. If you hide next to it (trying to get behind it) you pass through an invisible wall that you cannot get hit through.

Also you can hit another pillar (the one next to the pillar hit from the drawbridge structure) from a perch on top of a white mound of snow you jump to. You have to land on an inclined angle and it takes some skill/practice to stick the landing but once there you ease over to a point you're almost falling off and can DPS the next pillar with ranged around the invisible wall.

Game plan:

Have ranged folks jump the chains and get to perches before anyone goes up ramp.

Have kiters go up ramp to start end fight and gather agro then proceed to one of two safe spots. Ranged drop all pillars while mobs are busy trying to hit inaccessible players. You can continue this trend to keep shadar kai and mages busy and away from your dps folks.

Once pillars are dropped kill orcs (ignore shadar kai and mages unless they annoy you they respawn). Orcs will respawn only once.

After orcs kill elementals. They respawn once.

Finally Shadowvar. They do not respawn.

If you get the opportunity to dps Amskar during all this go for it, carefully. He has a fairly high DC with things like symbol of stunning (invisible to see during shadowvar stage) and flesh to stone and his spells hit like trucks (evasion, fire shield pots and shield scrolls help)

Once the Shadowvar are down more orcs will spawn .. gather them up and take them to a safe spot. DPS Amskar and win.

One more added bit of advice. Freedom of Movement and/or fire shield are good to have in there to nagate the spamming of webs by mages and Amskar

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2014 at 4:37pm by Myth »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint