Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Playing DDO while downloading DDO (Read 3418 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Playing DDO while downloading DDO
Nov 8th, 2013 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
So it seems, when you download now DDO from scratch, after a 15% or so you may begin playing in a kind of "cloud".
Having tried myself, a friend told me.

Talking about this, has somebody some news about the possibility of playing DDO in a browser?

I thought somebody was trolling me, but it seems that there was some move in that direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Playing DDO while downloading DDO
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
LOTRO has had these features for a while.  I guess it's kind of cool for people who want to just to try things out.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Worst experience ever. Was super laggy. So I'd say YMMV

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Yupp.  Tried it once, ended up smoking it and downloading the full installer.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
BTW, at the starting screen, is there an option to avoid loading the German and French screens? I have a shitty conections and it takes veeeeeeery long.
I am playing from the USB

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
BTW, at the starting screen, is there an option to avoid loading the German and French screens? I have a shitty conections and it takes veeeeeeery long.
I am playing from the USB

Yea. It loads so many unnecessary screens.
Got a new pc this week with SSD. It now starts real fast. But its an expensive solution... Sad

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Set the foreign language load screens to 'read only' and ddo launcher wont re-load them every launch.

Edit: I remember there was a forum post on how to speed up load times. Trying to find it for you.

Second Edit: Found the info. First, you can try the pre-loader. A tool written by a guy on the forums which helps speed up DDO load times. http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420738-How-to-make-the-game-loading-fas...

Second, to never see those foreign language splash screens again, go to your ddo install directory /raw / (foreign language) / logo. Then set them all to "read only" under properties. Then DDO wont try to load them all the time.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:46am by Some Guy Here On The Boards »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:39am:
Set the foreign language load screens to 'read only' and ddo launcher wont re-load them every launch.

Edit: I remember there was a forum post on how to speed up load times. Trying to find it for you.

Second Edit: Found the info. First, you can try the pre-loader. A tool written by a guy on the forums which helps speed up DDO load times. http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420738-How-to-make-the-game-loading-fas...

Second, to never see those foreign language splash screens again, go to your ddo install directory /raw / (foreign language) / logo. Then set them all to "read only" under properties. Then DDO wont try to load them all the time.

ive been using preload since its release.. and havent had any issues with redlogging or anything like that.. after sharing it with people who zone crash, they seem to do it much less now than before.. its an amazing thing to use, however useless if your running on an SSD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint