Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Shurikens, pew pew! (Read 40647 times)
GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: Shurikens, pew pew!
Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:27pm:
I've never tested weapons, but my testing on spells showed that max/emp had to be on for the originating spell for max/emp to work on spell procs. I'm a little skeptical it works on weapons.

But is it likely that Turbine coded Shiradi effects to work differently depending on what originates them (spell or weapon)?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
It used to work on weapons.  It stopped a long time ago and I dropped the feats.

I've not tested that for around a year though, thus I asked.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
I've never tested weapons, but my testing on spells showed that max/emp had to be on for the originating spell for max/emp to work on spell procs. I'm a little skeptical it works on weapons.

Well, I remembered from my shiradi wiz days that they definitely worked, so I kind of assumed they would on weapons too.

But I just spent some time shooting at stuff and they don't, woopsies. Time to swap stuff.

/derp
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:35pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #28 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
New feats.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #29 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Would Planar Prowess be better than Litany now that you have Celestia? Also, Deadly X seems worth it even if you have to drop an aug slot.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:53pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #30 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 7:52pm:
Would Planar Prowess be better than Litany now that you have Celestia? Also, Deadly X seems worth it even if you have to drop an aug slot.

Planar set would definitely be an option, would just have to figure out where to move insightful stats.

As for the Deadly X, my current gearset is basically whatever I could find/afford on AH and what I had in bank Tongue. But I would certainly love to have Deadly X Resistance 10 instead.

« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:20pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:37pm
Print Post  

Did you ever get around to testing how shiradi crit chances are calculated?  E.g., based on originating spell type or shiradi proc type.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #32 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:37pm:
Did you ever get around to testing how shiradi crit chances are calculated?  E.g., based on originating spell type or shiradi proc type.

Was too much work. I've been working on my AA for the last month but I'll probably take another pass at shiradi wiz soon.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #33 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
More DPS and PRR with prowess focus now and combat archery.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2013 at 10:19pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 8:40pm:
Was too much work. I've been working on my AA for the last month but I'll probably take another pass at shiradi wiz soon.

If you weren't using this already, use the combat logger so you can parse combat logs all in one go. 

https://github.com/n0la/dclog

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #35 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
If I was using anything that Turbine could at any point decide was against the TOS, I probably wouldn't say so.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
first of all, first rule of shiradi shuriken club is we don't talk about shiradi shuriken club.

2nd of all no metas dont work on weapon procs. what are you all, newbs?

3rd of all your dex should be higher, like significantly higher, than your wisdom. Every point of Dex is a 2% chance for an extra shuriken. Every point of wisdom is some non-descript chance of another shuriken ONLY DURING 10K stars. WHich is not all the time. But extra Dex procs are ALL THE TIME. Your dex should be 58-60ish end game, your wisdom should be between 34-40 (depending on tomes, starting stats gear duh) and you should go water stance for 10k and Wind stance the rest of the time for another 8% shuriken proc (t4).

Also, halfling is useless none of their enhancements for thowing work (ok just the important one doesn't work for crit range). You get Shuriken expertise for free with drow and Elves can get 3% dodge/3% Doubleshot AND racial access to AA (which if you haven't played with is pretty amazing with 7 billion shuriken). The SA is nice but I dont think it's as nice as AA options. Maybe that's a wash.

I mostly have a problem with you balancing wisdom and dex. On this build, Dex will always trump wisdom. You can get extra Dex procs on extra 10k procs for like 8 shuriken at a time and it's amazing.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #37 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:07am
Print Post  
New feats/enhancements/gear/video.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #38 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:28am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 11:58pm:
first of all, first rule of shiradi shuriken club is we don't talk about shiradi shuriken club.

2nd of all no metas dont work on weapon procs. what are you all, newbs?

3rd of all your dex should be higher, like significantly higher, than your wisdom. Every point of Dex is a 2% chance for an extra shuriken. Every point of wisdom is some non-descript chance of another shuriken ONLY DURING 10K stars. WHich is not all the time. But extra Dex procs are ALL THE TIME. Your dex should be 58-60ish end game, your wisdom should be between 34-40 (depending on tomes, starting stats gear duh) and you should go water stance for 10k and Wind stance the rest of the time for another 8% shuriken proc (t4).

Also, halfling is useless none of their enhancements for thowing work (ok just the important one doesn't work for crit range). You get Shuriken expertise for free with drow and Elves can get 3% dodge/3% Doubleshot AND racial access to AA (which if you haven't played with is pretty amazing with 7 billion shuriken). The SA is nice but I dont think it's as nice as AA options. Maybe that's a wash.

I mostly have a problem with you balancing wisdom and dex. On this build, Dex will always trump wisdom. You can get extra Dex procs on extra 10k procs for like 8 shuriken at a time and it's amazing.

Halfling was for the lulz.

10k Stars:
1st extra projectile: 3*WisMod+30 percent chance
2nd extra projectile: 3*WisMod-20 percent chance [minimum 24 Wisdom]
3rd extra projectile: Wismod-15 percent chance [minimum 42 Wisdom]
Each projectile is rolled one after the next; ie you must successfully roll the first extra projectile for a chance at a second, and successfully roll the second for a chance at a third.

I am quite satisfied with my stat split.

And fuck your soap.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #39 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:49am
Print Post  
It'd be interesting to look at the statistics for dex vs wis. According to the feat desc, every point of dex is only 1% though, not 2%. 44 wis/17 mod is a ~90% average chance at an extra shuriken (unless my math is completely off) during 10KS, so about 1% per point of wis counting cooldown time.

It's neat to get 4 shuriken out of 10KS, but only seems to be a 1% chance at 17 mod - so specifically hitting the 42 mark doesn't seem that important. As you get further above 42 the 4th one does start to have a bigger effect on the average.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:58am by cdr »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:58am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:49am:
It'd be interesting to look at the statistics for dex vs wis. According to the feat desc, every point of dex is only 1% though, not 2%. 44 wis/17 mod is a ~90% average chance at an extra shuriken (unless my math is completely off) during 10KS, so about 1% per point of wis counting cooldown time.

Incorrect.

Shuriken Expertise is 1%, and Advanced Ninja Training is also 1%, for every point of dex. That's 2%/1 Dex.

Even if 1 Wisdom was a 2% chance for extra projectile, it would only be for 50% of the time during 10k. Therefore unless 1 Wisdom gives a 4% of extra projectile during 10k it's not worth it over 1 Dex. And I don't think 1 point of Wisdom gives a 4% chance of extra projectiles does it? (I actually already know that I'm right I'm just being rhetorical to seem polite.)

The secret to this problem is that you don't need that much Wisdom to get an extra projectile out of 10K but to hit 3 regularly you sort of do. And the really crucial point where you're throwing 2-3 shuriken that majority of the time is around 60 Dex. So during 10K, you're regularly getting 5-6 and sometimes 7-8. It's absurd.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:02am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #41 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Ah, I missed Advanced Ninja Training. Assuming those do stack, that would make every point of dex about twice as good for extra shuriken vs point of wis.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #42 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:06am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:01am:
Ah, I missed Advanced Ninja Training. Assuming those do stack, that would make every point of dex about twice as good for extra shuriken vs point of wis.

They do. I've tested extensively, recently. I have two shuriken builds, a 20monk Shuricannon and a my own 15Wiz/3Monk/2FvS Arcane Thrower that just cycles Pin / MM sla / CM SLA / Searing Ray with a Luck Blade offhand with Force/Fire/Sonic 138 Augments and double rainbow (And No Mercy and Sense Weakness since it makes everything helpless all the time). That build is A LOT of fun.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:07am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #43 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:37am
Print Post  
So, if I had 10 more dex, 10 less wis.

56% chance to throw another shuriken with expertise VS 46%
56% chance to throw another shuriken with ninja training VS 46%
66% chance to throw the first VS 81%
16% chance to throw the second  VS 31%
0% chance to throw the third  VS 2%

You will never throw more than 6 by the way. 5 if your wis is under 42.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:59am by Distributed »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #44 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Actually,

Until update 20, you could throw more than 6 because Doubleshot was not disabled. I was wearing 9% Doubleshot bracers from new content, lvl 28 Double Shot Feat was perma for a total 19% DS, combined with 60 Dex, and 50% of the time, more shuriken from 10K.

Alas, you can no longer do that since 10k has the dumb the -100% DS debuff.

Now the question is at what Dex and Doubleshot does dumping Wisdom and 10K altogether make sense because.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 2:37am:
So, if I had 10 more dex, 10 less wis.

56% chance to throw another shuriken with expertise VS 46%
56% chance to throw another shuriken with ninja training VS 46%
66% chance to throw the first VS 81%
16% chance to throw the second  VS 31%
0% chance to throw the third  VS 2%

You will never throw more than 6 by the way. 5 if your wis is under 42.

Bromeo:

Also, cut all those numbers for 10K in Half because it's only active 50% of the time, in aggregate.

IE you might have an 81% Chance to throw an extra 1 shuriken for 10k, but you only get it 50% of the time which is effectively 40.5%. You're already behind anything over 40 Dex. And since Dex procs extra shuriken DURING 10k, you're always ahead pumping Dex.

The math is easy. 1 wisdom gives you 1.5% chance to throw another shuriken during 10K. Dex gives you 2%. Going with more Dex is ALWAYS BETTER. Now, if you can Max dex, and secondarily Max your wisdom without affecting your dex, then that of course of the best. But if you ever have to choose Wisdom over Dex for this build, you are doing less DPS going Wisdom, including Water vs Air Stance.

I'm sorry if you don't like that but it's true because of how powerful Shuriken Expertise stacked with Advanced Ninja Training is. 
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 12:11pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #46 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 12:04pm:
Bromeo:

Also, cut all those numbers for 10K in Half because it's only active 50% of the time, in aggregate.

IE you might have an 81% Chance to throw an extra 1 shuriken for 10k, but you only get it 50% of the time which is effectively 40.5%. You're already behind anything over 40 Dex. And since Dex procs extra shuriken DURING 10k, you're always ahead pumping Dex.

The math is easy. 1 wisdom gives you 1.5% chance to throw another shuriken during 10K. Dex gives you 2%. Going with more Dex is ALWAYS BETTER. Now, if you can Max dex, and secondarily Max your wisdom without affecting your dex, then that of course of the best. But if you ever have to choose Wisdom over Dex for this build, you are doing less DPS going Wisdom, including Water vs Air Stance.

I'm sorry if you don't like that but it's true because of how powerful Shuriken Expertise stacked with Advanced Ninja Training is. 

So if you want me to cut everything in half, you only get 33% chance at the first and 8% chance at the second. Not helping yourself there. 10k shots are not independant too, you need to succeed the first one to get a chance at the second. So lowering the wis dramatically affects 10k.

In the end, it's one throw. That throw can get 5 more shots added to it. One from expertise, one from ninja, one from 10k-1, one from 10k-2, one from 10k-3. Those additionnal throws do not interact with each others, as in you don't get 10k procs on an additionnal expertise shuriken.

Honestly feels like there's wouldn't be much difference between both of them on the extra shot side in the long run.

Now, sure it would be a little more DPS, +5 per hit.I never said it would not be, I said I was satisfied with my stat split. I'm sure all the sneak attack damage I deal easily makes up against that +5 damage. Running ocean also gives me the ki gen to keep veil/10k running, since I don't have the monk cap for that. +5 to all saves is also good to have.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:19pm by Distributed »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #47 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I realize +w doesn't do as much for shuriken, but I hope you're at least switching to mountain during 10ks and manyshot?

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #48 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Currently working on a script to calculate DEX vs WIS stuff.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #49 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 3:40pm:
Currently working on a script to calculate DEX vs WIS stuff.

When I imagine you working I look at your avatar.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint