Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Caster Dc Based Druid build suggestions (Read 25345 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Caster Dc Based Druid build suggestions
Reply #50 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 20th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
I always find it fascinating when seeing opinions like this that completely contradict mine. 

The differnce must come down to play style,  because I think investing in spell pen for this spell is a waste os feats. Id rather cast dots then melee.

Right.  That's why I have built and played many different Druids and really enjoyed all of them.

It is a matter of personal playstyle and I have found that I really get a lot of use out of WoB. The range of mobs that get 2 ticks is broad and a lot of the mobs that get 2 ticks also have SR.  When a Boss is immune or highly resistant to cold/lightning/fire chances are WoB will be the only thing that works and I hate seeing blue.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #51 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
What do your enhancement trees look like by any chance?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #52 - Feb 6th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Season's Herald First 4 Cores
Tier 1
W&S 3
Seasons Greetings Cold 3
Beguile 3
Tier 2
Produce Flame 3
Spell Pen 3
Spell Power Boost 2
Tier 3
Wisdom
Creeping Cold 3
Tier 4
Springs Resurgence 3
Call Lightening 3
Wisdom
Tier 5
Crown of Summer
Winter's Heart
WoB 3
Time and Tide
Strength of Solstice

Henshin Mystic 1st Core

Helf
Core 2 Human Adaptability Wis
Core 3 SP Boost
Core 4 Human Adaptability Con
Tier 1
Improved Dilletante Wizard
Tier 2
Arcanum 3
Improved Dilletante Wis
Improved Recovery
Tier 3
Wiz Dille +1 Int
Action Surge Wisdom 3
Improved Dilletante Wis=>95% use of level 6 Arcane scrolls

Those are the "Basics" for me give or take a point or 2 here and there.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #53 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Just curious, how many magic missiles could you get from that one level of wiz?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #54 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:16pm
Print Post  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #55 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:16pm:

Is it worth it?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #56 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I like it for the feat, everything else is gravy.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #57 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Why don't you take Wax And Wane Mokune?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Last time I tested, magic missile with wiz splash is only 1 on the SLA no matter what.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #59 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 4:21am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:21pm:
Last time I tested, magic missile with wiz splash is only 1 on the SLA no matter what.

This has been my experience too.

The spell itself is nifty though.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #60 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:25am
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:05pm:
Why don't you take Wax And Wane Mokune?

Oh I did but for some reason didn't mention it.  TBH I change my enh's a few times while leveling depending on how tasty the low hanging fruit is at the moment and when the better higher tier things become active. Really I was just looking at ddowiki and half-ass remembering what I did.  I definitely did not figure total AP spent so if you follow ANYTHING I post please do so with the caveat that it could have errors and some implied character build knowledge goes a long way.   

I also don't use character planners or count pennies.   I mainly go for the high-lights and roll with the rest (odd stats, .5 on a skill and other dumbshit I might miss) 

The main thing to consider for any build is planning your starting stats, including tomes and BAB required for the feats you want at the level you want them. 

AP are so fluid, dynamic and easily reset-able that when it comes down to it, I end up splitting hairs on some things to spend at lease a few AP on in any build.

At this point in the game there are a couple FOTM builds that can dominate/solo EE content...

I can and do PUG EEs.  I also have soloed some EEs for fun. But I mainly build for ease-of-leveling with guildies working on completionist through HE content.  Survivability, DPS/PartySupport of whatever flavor I feel like playing and getting a PL in.

I still enjoy leveling through Heroic content I've run hundreds of times before.  I also enjoy much if not all of the Epic content even though some of it really gets on my nerves.

Mokune my "main" is the guild leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber.  My girlfriend (now my wife) started the guild when we started dating in the sewers of WW over 4 years ago.   She's in nursing school now and I have some really awesome player's as guild mates and friends. 

I earned completionist on Mokune and leveled his 14th life (11Ranger/9Monk) a couple months before Enh pass.

I used an XP stone for Mokune's wiz life (could not fucking stand playing casters at the time due to "you are not facing" and "out of range" issues) but I really started to enjoy playing casters after his Druid life (first Druid build for me). 

Druid has since become my favorite caster class but I really want to do at least 3 Wiz and 3 FVS PLs on any build I'd consider playing regularly over and beyond EH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint