Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The New Pando (Read 57943 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: The New Pando
Reply #125 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:22am
Print Post  
I confirm that the preloader shouldn't be too hard to fix to allow alternate launchers :

Code
Select All
void launchGame(HWND hDlg) {
	STARTUPINFO nfo;
	ZeroMemory(&nfo,sizeof(nfo));
	PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;
	nfo.cb = sizeof(nfo);
	BOOL b = CreateProcess(_T("TurbineLauncher.exe"),_T("TurbineLauncher.exe -invoker"),0,0,0,0,0,0,&nfo,&pi);
	if (b == FALSE) {
		showError(hDlg,_T("Cannot start launcher"));
	}
	setPhase(hDlg,IDC_PHASE3);
	SetTimer(hDlg,1,10000,&RefreshMapping);
	while (FindWindow(0,_T("Dungeons and Dragons Online")) == 0 && WaitForSingleObject(pi.hProcess,0) == WAIT_TIMEOUT) {
		WaitMessage();
		yeld();
	}

} 

We just need to find a way to pass a parameter to that function from command line ( or ini file ) and code the :
Code
Select All
if parameter = NULL -> Turbine Launcher
if parameter = PyLOTRO_param -> look for Install_Path and launch PyLOTRO
if parameter = DDO-ML_Param -> look for Install_Path and launch DDO-ML

Now honestly it's beyond my C coding ability in any decent time. I'll probably manage to do it... but I'm more efficient when it comes to coding ( and decoding ) Assembler [ In Telco Equipment crashfiles especially ]

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #126 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:22am
Print Post  
YABB  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #127 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Oh yes YABB once again... or is it me that fucks up posting by clicking on the post message button.

Edit : no it wasn't me, it was YABB.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:23am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #128 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:11am:
The Tiers Age one.

The one I've been spamming all over the official forum.

Direct Linkies : ( without the French )

Direct link for the Exe : http://uptobox.com/wl9hvlskeqpw

Direct link to the Source Code : http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/scripts/PyLotRO-source.zip

A good that's the one I am patching now Smiley    Ça me dérange pas le français en passant. Wink

The DDO-ML one looks quite interesting (looks like it has some nice features) too but the password thing being saved makes me cringe. Would be really cool if the DDO-ML one could get modified to encrypt the password or just give us the option of not saving it.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:37am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #129 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:28am:
A good that's the one I am patching now Smiley    Ça me dérange pas le français en passant. Wink

The DDO-ML one looks quite interesting (looks like it has some nice features) too but the password thing being saved makes me cringe. Would be really cool if the DDO-ML one could get modified to encrypt the password or just give us the option of not saving it.

Ask to one of the Vault Cats to fix it with password encryption or some other way, since it seems to be her/his product.

I agree that clear passwords in a text file is not great, but honestly I've seen far worse.
( domains root passwords for the company in the user account of the sysadmin... readable by everybody... 1 year after said sysadmin left company.... it took 6 more month after I reported it for the IT people to do something about it. There's also what I wrote yesterday... )

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Reply #130 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Has anybody tried DDO-ML with an installation of DDO through Steam? That's my set up at work (yes, we're allowed to play games in our own time) but the DDO-ML launcher just seems to hang when I select the character to load...

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #131 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:58am
Print Post  
I don´t know.... I think it is kind of too much trouble for that. I let Akamai eyaculate in my PC, fuck it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #132 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
grimorde wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:38am:
Has anybody tried DDO-ML with an installation of DDO through Steam? That's my set up at work (yes, we're allowed to play games in our own time) but the DDO-ML launcher just seems to hang when I select the character to load...

Was it working before with the standard launcher ? ( prior to update that is )

Because typically the problem when the game hangs after character selection is due to the Windows ( or third party ) firewall blocking UDP packets.

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Reply #133 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:17am:
Was it working before with the standard launcher ? ( prior to update that is )

Because typically the problem when the game hangs after character selection is due to the Windows ( or third party ) firewall blocking UDP packets.

Yep it was fine before the update, as far as I know we haven't changed our firewall settings but I will have a look.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #134 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:35am:
Ask to one of the Vault Cats to fix it with password encryption or some other way, since it seems to be her/his product.

I agree that clear passwords in a text file is not great, but honestly I've seen far worse.
( domains root passwords for the company in the user account of the sysadmin... readable by everybody... 1 year after said sysadmin left company.... it took 6 more month after I reported it for the IT people to do something about it. There's also what I wrote yesterday... )

Welp the cat in particular already hinted he may add encryption at some point in the future and I don't really want to nag him about it  Grin  I hope he does and knows it would be appreciated along with his work on DDO-ML lol

That said, I got Pylotro  updated and it is working fine, I just hope it keeps working fine!

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:43am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #135 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:43am
Print Post  
I am still waiting for a final fix. Work faster and harder slaves!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #136 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:28am:
Would be really cool if the DDO-ML one could get modified to ...  give us the option of not saving it.

This would be awesome  Cheesy

And I haven't gone through my Win7 machine to make sure Python is up to date and working, I wasn't using pylotro on it before, so that may be part of pylotro's problem there. I'm using the pylotro-win from Flav's french site, btw, thanks Flav!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #137 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 9:03am:
This would be awesome  Cheesy

And I haven't gone through my Win7 machine to make sure Python is up to date and working, I wasn't using pylotro on it before, so that may be part of pylotro's problem there. I'm using the pylotro-win from Flav's french site, btw, thanks Flav!

I haven't looked at pylotro-win, but most python programs for Windows come runtime packaged so you don't need python installed.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #138 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
interessting ddo-ml implodes on itself when i launch it on my system...
start give me error message thats it is missing the ddo-ml.exe i just started, no shit sherlock you just deletedyourself right after is executed you...

or if someone can link me a fucking how to and download link for pylotro that be cool, win7 based pls since i can only find linux based stuff myself

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #139 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Flav included a link to the ZIP containing the pylotro self contained exe file. Check back a couple of pages.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #140 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:27pm:
I haven't looked at pylotro-win, but most python programs for Windows come runtime packaged so you don't need python installed.

the link on the French website ( that I gave ) come fully packaged....

You uncompress/install and you're ( almost ) set.
Then it's just a matter of learning how to use it ( and make it point towards the right directories ).

Edit : DDO-ML started fine yesterday but it gave me two Direct X9 errors.
( note I have doubts about the health of my graphic cards, I had them before yesterday, and after yesterday I have more doubt... my PC crashed Hard and had to be restored from a restoration point )
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:12pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:22am:
I confirm that the preloader shouldn't be too hard to fix to allow alternate launchers :

Code
Select All
void launchGame(HWND hDlg) {
	STARTUPINFO nfo;
	ZeroMemory(&nfo,sizeof(nfo));
	PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;
	nfo.cb = sizeof(nfo);
	BOOL b = CreateProcess(_T("TurbineLauncher.exe"),_T("TurbineLauncher.exe -invoker"),0,0,0,0,0,0,&nfo,&pi);
	if (b == FALSE) {
		showError(hDlg,_T("Cannot start launcher"));
	}
	setPhase(hDlg,IDC_PHASE3);
	SetTimer(hDlg,1,10000,&RefreshMapping);
	while (FindWindow(0,_T("Dungeons and Dragons Online")) == 0 && WaitForSingleObject(pi.hProcess,0) == WAIT_TIMEOUT) {
		WaitMessage();
		yeld();
	}

} 

We just need to find a way to pass a parameter to that function from command line ( or ini file ) and code the :
Code
Select All
if parameter = NULL -> Turbine Launcher
if parameter = PyLOTRO_param -> look for Install_Path and launch PyLOTRO
if parameter = DDO-ML_Param -> look for Install_Path and launch DDO-ML

Now honestly it's beyond my C coding ability in any decent time. I'll probably manage to do it... but I'm more efficient when it comes to coding ( and decoding ) Assembler [ In Telco Equipment crashfiles especially ]

Nice, why don't we just remove the CreateProcess line then the user could just load up whatever launcher they want? 

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:09pm:
Edit : DDO-ML started fine yesterday but it gave me two Direct X9 errors.
( note I have doubts about the health of my graphic cards, I had them before yesterday, and after yesterday I have more doubt... my PC crashed Hard and had to be restored from a restoration point )

I don't *think* it should matter, all the launchers I've seen pass basically the exact same command line paramters to the actual game executable.  So, if you're getting direct X errors, it seems like it may be some other issue.

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Reply #143 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 4:42am
Print Post  
grimorde wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 7:32am:
Yep it was fine before the update, as far as I know we haven't changed our firewall settings but I will have a look.

OK so this is a bit odd. DDO-ML works fine with my second account. I did wonder if it's because the password for my main account had an '@' in it and it was having trouble parsing it from the xml file. So I changed my password. I can log in to MyAccount & DDO.com with the new one, but the DDO-ML still gives the error "Login of xxx failed. Wrong password?" in the debug file.  Huh

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #144 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 9:03am:

OK, the problem with pylotro on my windows 7 box was a screwed up file (or maybe just a reboot), I'd copied the patched files from Linux to Windows to save download time and something may have gone off there. I restored from backup, downloaded a fresh copy of pylotro-win and re-patched and it patched and played no problem.

So now I have Win7 professional, Linux Mint, and Ubuntu 12.04 all running pylotro to patch and play with no akamai... only to discover the timers are screwed up and I can't get my cards anyway. Turbine, is there anything you can do right? Just a little thing?

BTW, I'd tried the DDO-ML but my virus checker, Vipre, flagged one of the .EXEs as a virus. I may go back later and re-try, but probably not today.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #145 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 4:07am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438330-Akamai-NetSession-and-DDO

We will be able to go back to using the normal launcher some time in the future...
At least that's how I parse Jerry's little post.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 15th, 2014 at 4:07am:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438330-Akamai-NetSession-and-DDO

We will be able to go back to using the normal launcher some time in the future...
At least that's how I parse Jerry's little post.

Indeed. Maybe they will address this Soon. Doubtful though.

New players will still download this and could be blocked by the peer2peer aspect. That is if they can get past the double login/slow data loading bugs. As long as installing and running this game is so unfreindly towards new players, turbine will have to up the p2w with the remaining players.

majmalphunktion wrote on Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:58pm:
If you have a healthy population of big spenders, but not large numbers of players...you see where I'm going.

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2014 at 10:01am by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #147 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:30am
Print Post  
You know... it really shouldn't be this hard to play a game. Dealing with workarounds for what is basically bloatware just to log in? No thanks, I'd rather just do something else & let them see the drop in logins. Perhaps that'll make them speed up dropping it.

Not playing again 'til this crap is gone. I don't need the boring hassle of alternate launchers and so on. Bring back cartridges! Wink

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:39am
Print Post  
@ECHO OFF
COLOR F0
SET akbver=r36
SET akbforcearch=0
REM Hey! You! User reading this! The two lines below this explanation can be used to manually configure the type of architecture your operating system runs on.
REM To figure out if you have a 64-bit or 32-bit architecture, hit start > run, then type "winver" without the quotes, and hit enter. If the window that pops up
REM mentions 64-bit (for example, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit), then you've got 64-bit. If it doesn't mention an architecture, then you likely have 32-bit. If
REM you are on Windows 95 or older, you might be on 16-bit, but then my advice is for you to get a new computer. This file likely won't work if you're not on at
REM least Windows XP. Anyhow, to uncomment a line, simply remove the "REM ", including the space, from the beginning of the line. That's it.

REM ONLY change these variables if this tools asks you to!

REM The very next two lines are what you want to change. Uncomment REM SET akbforcearch=32 for 32-bit, REM SET akbforcearch=64 for 64-bit.
REM SET akbforcearch=32
REM SET akbforcearch=64

IF NOT EXIST log.txt GOTO TIMESTAMP
ECHO. 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
:TIMESTAMP
ECHO ________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________ 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO.
ECHO Akamai Kneecap Buster %akbver% Log, beginning log at: %date% %time% 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO ________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________ 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt

CLS
CALL :Title
ECHO If you don't know what Akamai is, you might still do well to run this tool to
ECHO protect yourself against it. I encourage you to read the article at:
ECHO.
ECHO http://mpql.net/pages/akamai-kneecap-buster
ECHO.
ECHO to educate yourself on what Akamai is, and what this tool does. If you don't
ECHO -have- Akamai, however, this tool will not protect your system in all the ways
ECHO it would if you did have it installed. I may add such functionality in the
ECHO future, but, it's currently absent.
ECHO.
ECHO Do NOT put this in any of Akamai's folders. If you are not absolutely POSITIVE
ECHO that this file is somewhere safe, close this window, relocate this file,
ECHO (your desktop is a good example location), and run it again.
ECHO.
ECHO Otherwise, press any key to continue.
ECHO.
PAUSE 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt

>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"&&(
     GOTO ISADMIN
)

CLS
ECHO You are not running this as an administrator. This file will exit. 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO You are not running this as an administrator. This file will exit.
ECHO.
ECHO Please make sure you run this as an administrator! This file cannot perform
ECHO the operations necessary to disable Akamai without administrator access. After
ECHO this file closes, right-click it, and click "Run as administrator". If you do
ECHO not have this option available, or are not an administrator, you can either
ECHO ask for an administrator of your machine to run this file for you, give you
ECHO the permissions necessary to run it yourself, or just put up with Akamai
ECHO leeching your bandwidth and (to a lesser extent) system resources.
ECHO.
PAUSE
CLS
EXIT

:ISADMIN
CLS
ECHO You are running this as an administrator, which is necessary for Akamai 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Kneecap Buster to complete all operations. This is good. 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO You are running this as an administrator, which is necessary for Akamai
ECHO Kneecap Buster to complete all operations. This is good.
ECHO.
PAUSE
IF %akbforcearch%==32 (
     SET akbcheck1=32
     SET akbcheck2=32
     ECHO Variable set, forcing 32-bit architecture check 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
     GOTO ARCHSELECT
) ELSE IF %akbforcearch%==64 (
     SET akbcheck1=64
     SET akbcheck2=64
     ECHO Variable set, forcing 64-bit architecture check 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
     GOTO ARCHSELECT
)
IF %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%==x86 (
     SET akbcheck1=32
     ECHO Check 1 indicates 32-bit 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
) ELSE (
     SET akbcheck1=64
     ECHO Check 1 indicates 64-bit 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
)

FOR /f "skip=1 delims=" %%x in ('wmic cpu get addresswidth') do if not defined AddressWidth set AddressWidth=%%x

IF %AddressWidth%==64 (
     SET akbcheck2=64
     ECHO Check 2 indicates 64-bit 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
) ELSE (
     SET akbcheck2=32
     ECHO Check 2 indicates 32-bit 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
)

:ARCHSELECT
IF %akbcheck1%==%akbcheck2% (
     IF %akbcheck1%==64 (
           ECHO Both checks match, setting Common Files directory to 64-bit *32 location 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
           SET akbcommondir="%commonprogramfiles(x86)%"
           ECHO Common Files Directory set to "%commonprogramfiles(x86)%" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
           GOTO ARCHFOUND
     ) ELSE IF %akbcheck1%==32 (
           ECHO Both checks match, setting Common Files directory to 32-bit location 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
           SET akbcommondir="%commonprogramfiles%"
           ECHO Common Files Directory set to "%commonprogramfiles%" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
           GOTO ARCHFOUND
     )
) ELSE (
     CLS
     ECHO Unable to determine system architecture. Quitting.
     ECHO Unable to determine system architecture. Quitting. 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
     ECHO If you know which architecture you have [32-bit/64-bit], you can
     ECHO uncomment one of the lines setting the "akbforcearch" variable
     ECHO at the beginning of this file. Don't worry, there are instructions.
     ECHO.
     ECHO If you aren't sure of what you're doing, then don't do anything!
     ECHO Instead, come post on my blog, and I'll try to help you out. =]
     ECHO.
     ECHO.
     PAUSE
     CLS
     EXIT
)

:ARCHFOUND
CLS
ECHO Akamai Kneecap Buster has determined your Operating System's architecture to
ECHO be %akbcheck1%-bit. If you -know- this to be incorrect, please exit this file.
ECHO You can then manually configure this file by uncommenting one of the lines
ECHO setting the "akbforcearch" variable at the beginning of this file. Don't worry,
ECHO there are instructions.
ECHO.
ECHO If you aren't sure of what you're doing, then don't do anything!
ECHO Instead, come post on my blog, and I'll try to help you out. =]
ECHO.
ECHO.
PAUSE

CLS
ECHO Ending Akamai netsession process...
ECHO Ending Akamai netsession process... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
TASKKILL /F /IM netsession_win.exe 1>>log.txt 2>>log.txt
ECHO Stopping Akamai service
ECHO Stopping Akamai service 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
sc stop akamai 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Disabling Akamai service
ECHO Disabling Akamai service 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
sc config akamai start= disabled 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
sc config akamai depend= safdhsdjksd/hjdsagghjfd 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Deleting Akamai cache
ECHO Deleting Akamai cache 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
DEL /F /S /Q "%akbcommondir%\Akamai\Cache\*" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Deleting Akamai logs
ECHO Deleting Akamai logs 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
DEL /F /S /Q "%akbcommondir%\Akamai\Logs\*" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS
for /f "tokens=*" %%G in ('dir /a-d /s /b ^"%akbcommondir%\Akamai\^"') do (
ECHO Taking ownership of %%G...
ECHO Taking ownership of %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
TAKEOWN /F "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Resetting permissions on %%G...
ECHO Resetting permissions on %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /reset 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ATTRIB -R -S -H "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Blanking %%G...
ECHO Blanking %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO.>"%%G"
ECHO Locking %%G...
ECHO Locking %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ATTRIB +R +S +H "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /inheritance:r 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "SYSTEM":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "Administrators":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "Users":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny %username%:F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS
)
ECHO Deleting Akamai appdata cache
ECHO Deleting Akamai appdata cache 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
DEL /F /S /Q "%appdata%\..\Local\Akamai\Cache\*" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Deleting Akamai appdata logs
ECHO Deleting Akamai appdata logs 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
DEL /F /S /Q "%appdata%\..\Local\Akamai\Logs\*" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS
for /f "tokens=*" %%G in ('dir /a-d /s /b ^"%appdata%\..\Local\Akamai\^"') do (
ECHO Taking ownership of %%G...
ECHO Taking ownership of %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
TAKEOWN /F "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Resetting permissions on %%G...
ECHO Resetting permissions on %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /reset 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ATTRIB -R -S -H "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Blanking %%G...
ECHO Blanking %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO.>"%%G"
ECHO Locking %%G...
ECHO Locking %%G... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ATTRIB +R +S +H "%%G" 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /inheritance:r 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "SYSTEM":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "Administrators":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny "Users":F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ICACLS "%%G" /deny %username%:F /C 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS
)
ECHO Writing registry file to temp...
ECHO Writing registry file to temp... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
>%temp%\akamaikneebuster.reg ECHO Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>%temp%\akamaikneebuster.reg ECHO.
>>%temp%\akamaikneebuster.reg ECHO [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Akamai]

ECHO Importing registry file to registry...
ECHO Importing registry file to registry... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
REGEDIT /S %temp%\akamaikneebuster.reg 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
ECHO Deleting registry file from temp...
ECHO Deleting registry file from temp... 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
DEL /F /Q %temp%\akamaikneebuster.reg 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS

CALL :ENDING
CALL :ENDING 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
PAUSE 1>>log.txt 2>>error.txt
CLS
EXIT

:Title
echo ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
echo ³ Akamai Kneecap Buster %akbver%                                ³
echo ³ Written and (c) by Mopquill 2011 - 2012                  ³
echo ³ Last Updated Tuesday, January 10th, 2012                 ³
echo ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ
echo.
GOTO:EOF

:ENDING
ECHO.
ECHO Done! This script has created two files, log.txt, and error.txt. These
ECHO two files have recorded all successful commands, and errors, respectively.
ECHO If you are satisfied that this script has done its job, and error.txt is
ECHO empty, you can go ahead and delete them. If, however, error.txt is not
ECHO empty, chances are, running the script again will not help, nor avoid
ECHO any errors. Any errors would likely be caused by a system misconfiguration,
ECHO a correct configuration that I did not anticipate, or a mistake in this
ECHO script. If you're having problems, feel free to report any errors to my
ECHO email, webmaster@mpql.net , with the subject line "Akamai Kneecap Buster".
ECHO Please make sure to attach the error.txt, and provide any information that
ECHO might be relevant. If you have any suggestions for improvements to this
ECHO script (code snippets are appreciated!), feel free to contact me at that
ECHO email as well.
ECHO.
ECHO You can press any key to exit.
GOTO:EOF

IP Logged

jaggedmonk
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:30am:
You know... it really shouldn't be this hard to play a game. Dealing with workarounds for what is basically bloatware just to log in? .....)

Agreed it shouldn't be necessary.  I don't mind using pyLOTRO much as I've used similar things for other games and was using preloader before this.  It would be nice if they could address the launcher issues and just redo one more from scratch if need be. 
I also feel they shouldn't bother us with game updates for a year and instead work on bug fixes and re-balancing first.  Not realistic, but I can dream.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint