Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Something "thematic" for Fighter PL and Epic w/e (Read 7053 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Something "thematic" for Fighter PL and Epic w/e
Mar 4th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
My 20 monk Xhiron is on monk life 3 and is itching for some fighter action.

Theory building at the the moment with some "thematic" elements....

LN: Halfing 2Druid/2Monk/16Fighter
Leveling order is what makes sense...
Str 6 (3): 9 +4 Tome, 13 for PA
Dex 10 (3): 13 +4 Tome for GTWF
Con 8 (8): 15 +4 Tome yada yada
Int 8 (6): 14 +3 Tome
Wis 8 (16): 18 +4 Tome, +7 Level-Ups
Cha 8 (0): 8

Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Heal, UMD the rest w/e.

Feats:
2 Monk: Stunning Fist, Dodge
9 Fighter: TWFx3, Mobility, Spring Attack, WF: Bludgeon, Weapon Finesse, Cleave, Great Cleave
7 Heroic + 3 (soon to be 4) Epic: PBS, Precise Shot, WS: UA, IC:Bludgeon, DM of healing, Emp Heal Spell, Adept and Master of Forms, Blinding Speed, Skill Focus UMD OR GMaster of Forms.

Enhs-Kensai Druid Weapons + Halfling Goodies and a sprinkling of low hanging fruit in Natures Warriror, Shintao, Henshin, Ninja.

Should end up with significant levels of dodge, SA, Bluff.

Can hit useful levels of PRR before too much diminishing returns.

AC is non considered...if I have some great...if I don't great...

Primarily using HW but with Druid Weapon Group can use Kensai abilities with Scimitars (Frostbite Blades), HW(Thunder and Lightning, Antipodes, Grave Wrappings), QStaff (Sireth) and ZOMG Sickles (jk Celetias or w/e)!!!!!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Something "thematic" for Fighter PL and Epic w/e
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
ugh too many fighter levels for non 2hf. Even for 2hf thats 4 too many ftr levels ;p

Suggesting the 9m 9 f 2d build for your ftr pl that can go into epics as well. 16mnk 2/2 or 9d 9m 2f is superior but wont get ya that tactics PL

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Make a staff build!

8 fighter 6 monk 6 rogue. Or modify various parts of it, but you'll need at least 5 rogue for the full acrobat tree. The qstaff damage of the monk and rogue trees allegedly stack. Get the tactics bonus and the trip bonus off the fighter and rogue trees respectively. Fighter feats should let you get CE and imp trip. It'll be up to you to choose str or dex based - but if you balance them out you'll have 2 trip effects (imp trip and the rogue qstaff AoE trip which is dex based but looks awesome).

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:05pm:
ugh too many fighter levels for non 2hf. Even for 2hf thats 4 too many ftr levels ;p

Suggesting the 9m 9 f 2d build for your ftr pl that can go into epics as well. 16mnk 2/2 or 9d 9m 2f is superior but wont get ya that tactics PL

16 M/2F/2Dr looks tight too for.

2 Fighter Feats
3 MA Feats
10 Char Feats

Could get TWFx3, PBS, Precise Shot, PA, Cleave, GCleave, Stunning Fist, GMaster of Forms, IMA, Vorpal Strikes, Blinding Speed and..
if halfling-DM of heal & Emp Heal Spell
if human-PLMonk, Emp heal spell, Dodge
if helf -PLMonk and Emp Heal Spell.

I like the 2Druid/9Monk/9 w/e pastlifenmo build from Munkenmo. It's pretty tight.

And I am planning a QStaff build sometime for some character....lol

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Hathorian
Waterworks Kobold

blah

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I'm going 8 F / 6 M / 6 Ranger for my next life. Dual wielding Deathnips. It is mainly for heroics though...I'll probably only play a couple of levels in epics before I TR again. Should be fun!

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Using handwraps with 2 monk splashed?...yeah...another one of those low dps builds.

You should just go with esos and be centered with it, or anything other than handwraps would be an upgrade at that point :3

And with that low str your to-hit must be like 30 at lvl 20, not a good idea.

You should just give it a shot to go strength based and use the drow greataxe from rusted blades and use stunning blow, youll love the difference.

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I dont like stunning blow at all. 16 second cooldown and having to boost your str into the 70s just to get a 70ish dc on it blows.

Roll a 9m 9f 2d. Wis based, enough str just for OC. Your prr can hit 140, ac 120, dodge capped, shadow fade, stun fist in 70s DC every 6 seconds,  g2wf, deflect arrow, empower heal, that build can even squeeze in whirlwind. Which is just fukin ludicrous on a glitched wrap build.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:37pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 7:02pm:
Using handwraps with 2 monk splashed?...yeah...another one of those low dps builds.

You should just go with esos and be centered with it, or anything other than handwraps would be an upgrade at that point :3

And with that low str your to-hit must be like 30 at lvl 20, not a good idea.

You should just give it a shot to go strength based and use the drow greataxe from rusted blades and use stunning blow, youll love the difference.

Also, yes. What he said^^. Roll a cetus build, it's the best frt PL build.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Hahahahaha....hahahahaha "just get an esos"...

That's funny....

After almost five years I've seen exactly 1 sos drop on any difficulty..

It was a MAC guild run.  Four of us still in dungeon. Two rangers, a wizard and me on my first life drow FVS.  The wizard gets SoS in chest.  Says like like bleh! Do any of you want this? 

Ranger one: No I'm Tempest...
Ranger two: No I'm AA but would vendor it...

Me...(thinking) no fucking way am I gonna let it get vendored so I say I'll use it...and it sat in that toons bank for about four years....

I did just do a 2 pal/2rogue/16fvs on that toon Iquitz...leveling with the sos.

Max Str, 16 Cha, 14 Int/Con....was beastly....then trd back to 2monk/18Fvs evoker.

But after chasing torcs and gd ross for fucking years....yeah grinding to upgrade just one half ass toons sos to an esos is not gonna happen let alone trying for second  base item.

Fuck that dumb fucking horseshit...

Until they add every shard in epic and every base item in 20th runs i won't be bothered...

And I really don't like thf at all but can tolerate qstaff...so yeah...

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
or just get the drow greataxe like I suggested if you cant get it Smiley  with the kensai youll have a 15-20 with a x3 multiplier, just as good as esos w/o kensai Smiley

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
[quote author=4664607E656E0B0 link=1393964146/8#8 date=1394073453]Hahahahaha....hahahahaha "just get an esos"...

That's funny....

After almost five years I've seen exactly 1 sos drop on any difficulty..

And I really don't like thf at all but can tolerate qstaff...so yeah...

[/quote]
Yeah that esos has horror story written all over it.

Sireth might actually be better single target non cleave dps. Same profile as esos 13-20 x3. And it gets 30% faster attack speeds. But you have to be in Thief Acrobat tree tier 5.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
The acrobat tree off rogue gives +1 crit multiplier with staves would give Sireth a x4 crit multiplier.

The faster attack speed and the increased doublestrike chance (quick strike or something like that - also off the acrobat tree) really does offset the fact that you're not a strength-based toon. Other than that... I have no idea what's so awesome about gaxes and gswords. They're boring. Glancing blows are meh, +30% attack speed and doublestrike is better. Also, you can get power attack, cleave, great cleave, and overwhelming crit, too! And you have a nice leap effect.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:16pm:
The acrobat tree off rogue gives +1 crit multiplier with staves would give Sireth a x4 crit multiplier.

The faster attack speed and the increased doublestrike chance (quick strike or something like that - also off the acrobat tree) really does offset the fact that you're not a strength-based toon. Other than that... I have no idea what's so awesome about gaxes and gswords. They're boring. Glancing blows are meh, +30% attack speed and doublestrike is better. Also, you can get power attack, cleave, great cleave, and overwhelming crit, too! And you have a nice leap effect.

good sir good sir, 2+1=3

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:27pm:
good sir good sir, 2+1=3

Doesn't Sireth have a x3 critical multiplier?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:38am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:16pm:
TheI have no idea what's so awesome about gaxes and gswords. They're boring. Glancing blows are meh, .

Great axes can have x8 multipliers in LD, glancing blows are 500~ aoe strikes.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 1:13am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:42pm:
Doesn't Sireth have a x3 critical multiplier?

No, but if yours does then I'll trade you whatever you're drinking for mine.

Sireth just has the good base damage and FF  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 1:15am by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:38am:
Great axes can have x8 multipliers in LD, glancing blows are 500~ aoe strikes.

Shhhhhhh! Hush you!

Can't you see I'm trying to sway public opinion towards gimpish halfass builds?

Comments like these don't help my cause Cheesy

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Actually, what I do is scroll cast icestorm, then quickstrike, treeform - profit.

It seems like I do doublestrikes in treeform.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #18 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Fists of Iron is +3[w] +1 crit range and +1 crit multiplier

Strike of the Enduring (triple earth finisher) is +2 crit multipler

Both pair nicely when used right after an Adrenaline

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #19 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Right after my last post I got enough XP in LD on Xhiron (3rd pure monk life, level 25 almost 26) to get Masters Blitz...

OMFG now I am going to have to play to at least 27 for perma-haste...it's just too good*

*but still not a panty soaker like hitting for 12+k with MS+Adrenaline+Slayer Arrows....and that is half ass geared.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #20 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
If your still looking for easy ideas to get the fighter past life while not being gimpy,you could always do the 6ranger/6rogue/8class of past life feat that you want.
Low levels use cleave and great cleave, high levels use alchemical khopeshes, or stick with sos till cap Smiley
Having all the free feats from ranger is nice, and all the skill points from both ranger and rogue is pretty rediculous.
But this build is mainly just to get you to level 20.

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:35pm:
If your still looking for easy ideas to get the fighter past life while not being gimpy,you could always do the 6ranger/6rogue/8class of past life feat that you want.

This would have been much better than the Helf Arti Dille 2Rog/6Rng/12Barb life for my completionist (only barb life I've ever done).  Not being raged in order to solo and UMD + trap for XP wasted 4 levels that could have served me much better 3 years ago...

I'm only vaguely familiar with the new Barb enh trees but I am intrigued about a possible raging build with at least 4 FVS for Warpriest Ameliorating Strike and other goodies (and wand healing) while leveling and ofc EHs...

A THF Could look something like...
18 Str
14 Con
16 Int
16 Cha
With 7 Heroic Feats...PA, Cleave, GCleave, Insightful Reflex, Force of Personality,  IC Slash, Extend for DM, +Emp Heal if human and using Cocoon but I'd imagine Healing Spring + Fast Healing + AS could have some good healing coupled with amp if you can't cocoon while raged.

Could do with 3Rogue/5Fvs/12Barb with plenty of Skill pts for Trapping, UMD, Balance, Heal.

Hmmm....

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2014 at 10:11am
Print Post  
The Ameliorating strike is nice, but it is in no way a game changer, you should just splash 1 fvs and go rest barbarian since barbs get their rage enhanced as they level up.

Raging is overated for low levels really, it prevents you from using scrolls and other scroll goodies.
Unless you dont mind going in defensive stance each time you need healing :#
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2014 at 10:13am by froggy »  

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint