Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) AC / Intim / PRR / ETC / OMG (Read 18441 times)
�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

AC / Intim / PRR / ETC / OMG
Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Hello esteemed Vaulties,

If i were to build for max ac, PRR, and intim, what would be your suggestions for it (taking into account twists, races, etc).

There seems like some interesting things in Dwarf, but on second glance it is all pretty minor (1-2ac).

Thanks!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Re: AC / Intim / PRR / ETC / OMG
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
My suggestion is that you delete your account and go play in traffic for a change.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:28am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:27am:
My suggestion is that you delete your account and go play in traffic for a change.

Or just play in traffic. We need to keep as many accounts as possible at this point.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:37am
Print Post  

Thanks for the valid input.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
This may be a surprise for you but this advice actually isn't a troll post. It is a solid piece of advice for everyone trying to make that sort of a build (Meat, I'm looking at you).

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
If I was bored enough I would probably go for 15 pally/3 fighter/2 monk with bastard or Celestia.
Human for feat or helf for double intim.

Spoke to a friend which did EE new raids, still not a good reason to roll a tank.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I am running around with 100ish PRR and AC at the moment. It is very nice, not really any problem killing 3 EE mobs at once.

I was really looking for advice on how to optimise an AC build taking into account all of the races and how (often) things do not work as the descriptions say.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Step 1: Build tank.
Step 2: Reroll.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 11:39am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:41am:
This may be a surprise for you but this advice actually isn't a troll post. It is a solid piece of advice for everyone trying to make that sort of a build (Meat, I'm looking at you).

That's hurtful sir.

No, I finally learned my lesson. I did the tank thing for a while. It's ok.. until you run a quest with other people. then you get frustrated because you killed like 1 mob accidentally in the whole quest..

But actually, IF you take a tank into EEs, you can serve in a role. Gather mobs, intim, lets everyone else kill em off you. You serve as damage mitigation.

Problem is, it's unnecessary in many quests.

It's all very depressing really.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 11:59am
Print Post  
You serve as mana sponge.
Popular thing to do seems to be, gather mobs, intim then Shield Block and do fuck all lol.

Like seriously every one of these paladins are just retarded or never seen actually any tank ( back when tanking was useful ).
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2014 at 11:59am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Tanks would be useful again when the goal isn't to kill things as quickly as possible. I have the most geared up bank toon ever and I don't have the heart to make him a non-tank so he will stay there until it's viable to actually wear armour again.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Well, tanks used to do more dmg compared to others. The difference now is extreme.

Also, for many things, evasion tanks are better.

It's sad.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
The diminishing returns for astronomical PRR is really what hurts you.

Besides which, LOL TANK. You'd be better off bringing a repeater rogue in a party.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 4:23am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:50am:
I am running around with 100ish PRR and AC at the moment. It is very nice, not really any problem killing 3 EE mobs at once.

I was really looking for advice on how to optimise an AC build taking into account all of the races and how (often) things do not work as the descriptions say.

I have a tank toon with 170ish AC & PRR with high intim.
And my advice is REROLL and DON'T play a tank. It is currently useless.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Getting back on track, i now think that Halfling would probably offer the most in terms of survivability solely from a dodge point of view.

3 dodge in racial tree and stacking 5 dodge from attacks.

Thoughts / discuss ?

Don't really see anything else interesting out there. Social graces offer no survivability.

Bladeforged 10% slash reduction would be only 80 on an 800hp hit.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 11:39am
Print Post  
bladeforged self heal though.

Besides, how much dodge can you manage wearing full plate with a tower shield? If you're not maxed, you're terrible.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 11:39am by rest »  

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I think that perhaps you guys have something in your heads that isn't real. At no point did i say that i wanted to make a tank. I asked for advice on maxing defensive stats, such as AC, PRR, and of course intim.

There surely is somewhere a max intim breakdown, but i can't find it.

I have the obvious answers already, what i am looking for are particular instances where things do not work as intended or tricks that aren't obvious.

Races seem to offer not much at all. Defensively i think that Halfling offers the most with dodge. Dwarf offers about 5ac (with shield) and con to weapons but frankly i don't want to go that deep in a racial tree.

I would have thought that having as much AC/PRR/Dodge as possible without gimping DPS would be an obvious direction to go in with the state of the game as it is.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:28pm by �ed »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:07pm:
I would have thought that having as much AC/PRR/Dodge as possible without gimping DPS would be an obvious direction to go in with the state of the game as it is.

You want a Centred Kensai in earth stance.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 1:07pm:
I think that perhaps you guys have something in your heads that isn't real. At no point did i say that i wanted to make a tank. I asked for advice on maxing defensive stats, such as AC, PRR, and of course intim.

There surely is somewhere a max intim breakdown, but i can't find it.

I have the obvious answers already, what i am looking for are particular instances where things do not work as intended or tricks that aren't obvious.

Races seem to offer not much at all. Defensively i think that Halfling offers the most with dodge. Dwarf offers about 5ac (with shield) and con to weapons but frankly i don't want to go that deep in a racial tree.

With Munk's comment in mind, an 8\6\6 fighter paladin monk would work well. Great DPS when blitzing, can hit dodge cap easily, and can get over 90 PRR for sure. No idea about AC.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Mar 10th, 2014 at 12:06pm:
Well, tanks used to do more dmg compared to others. The difference now is extreme.

Depends . . . had both a fighter and a paladin tank back in the day (Pre-Motu) and while the fighter's DPS wasn't terrible the paladin's was.  I'm shocked at the aggro she could put out though.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #20 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 3:12pm:
You want a Centred Kensai in earth stance.

What he said.

Tobril wanted to remake his tank not too long ago and we came up with something like...10ftr/6monk/4pal I think?

Centered kensai with Cleaver, points in stalwart for defenses, half-elf for double intim, paladin for threat thing at level 3 and the turns at 4 for divine might? Can't remember all the specifics since he was actually putting it together and I was just giving ideas.

In the end was something like 100+ PRR, enough intim for anything, evasion, good saves, massive threat gen, max dodge, incorp from shadow fade and some decent DPS.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
10 fighter is not enough to be centered with non-monk weapons.

Or was that the old thing? Did they change the feat requirements? I can't recall. Pretty sure it requires 12 fighter though.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #22 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:10pm:

Or was that the old thing? Did they change the feat requirements? I can't recall. Pretty sure it requires 12 fighter though.

It takes 8 fighter to be centred.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #23 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Greater Weapon Focus is 8 Fighter. Kensei is a pre-req nightmare.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #24 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:10pm:

No

Munkenmo wrote on Mar 11th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
It takes 8 fighter to be centred.

Yes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint