Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SWF Rogue viability (Read 3286 times)
spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

SWF Rogue viability
Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Looking for some thoughts or suggestions on this one. The idea is using a 13/6/1 Rogue/Monk/FVS split to take advantage of the combination of attack speed, sneak attack and doublestrike. Between the SWF line plus wind stance, Opportunist, rogue and ninja spy sneak attack, ED benefits etc the number of attacks should be high. Presuming you can keep sneak attack, damage output is going to be good.

Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, I'd go human, strength based, shortsword user. I gave consideration to Drow just for a bit of extra damage from shortswords through Righteous Weapons and racial bonus.

The biggest concern would obviously be durability. Draw aggro and I'd be shredded, so I'd be a bit party dependent.

Thoughts on the concept?

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: SWF Rogue viability
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:45am
Print Post  
im doing swf swashbuckler rogue currently. You give up a lot by not going stalwart stance with buckler for infi dodge, or dex based with improved defensive roll. PRR would be around 60 on your build before any Epic iconic PLs.

If you can get a hold of drow dun'ro'bar rapier you'll end up with a 13-20 crit range on it. I assumed SSword because you have celestia?
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:52am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:45am:
If you can get a hold of drow dun'ro'bar rapier you'll end up with a 13-20 crit range on it. I assumed SSword because you have celestia?

That and ninja spy on what I'd envisioned.

Come to think of it I've got a Drow rapier on a shelved character. Maybe I'll dust him off and do something.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 10:17am
Print Post  
On the swashbuckler rogue a that the 7/7/6 split?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 10:17am:
On the swashbuckler rogue a that the 7/7/6 split?

Monk's build is 7/7/6 Defender Stance with Buckler for huge HP pool, PRR. I went with 13 rogue. Both builds arer listed here:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400533305/46#46

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400533305/72#72

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint