Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ddo review 2014 (Read 4361 times)
Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

ddo review 2014
Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Ddo is a bad game.

No risk/reward, no thrills and no point to TR or farm gear, cos what you gonna do with those past lives and gear? run again all those quests you grinded to get them? lol

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: ddo review 2014
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:35am:
Ddo is a bad game.

Your name is Amsterdamaged. It perfectly explains you.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:16am by Hiding »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:43am
Print Post  
OK.  I'll bite.  Why is DDO a bad game?

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
No risk/reward, no thrills and no point to TR or farm gear, cos what you gonna do with those past lives and gear? run again all those quests you grinded to get them? lol

Is this your first video game or something? Welcome to reality. All games are like that. Quite a few parts of real life are like that too, lol. I guess you're in for some real disappointment in your future.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Good God, HamsterDamaged, go back to NeverWinter or something...

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
If you talk to it like its a human being, its going to think its entitled to rights or its thoughts matter.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 10:24am
Print Post  
The problems with DDO are many. 

TR'ing is not one of them.  The ability to replay the game with a slightly more powerful version and/or try out different builds for one character promotes longevity. 

Lack of content is a challenge.  But what game doesn't suffer from lack of content after a year or so of being released for the highly active player base?

No risk/reward/thrill is a legit problem.  They should do better job of widening the gap between N/H/E difficulty and make E more difficult in ways besides just upping the HP of the mobs.  There is some serious opportunity for improvement here.  Also, even though EE can be a challenge at times, there is rarely a benefit to running on EE, besides wanting to challenge yourself.  Widening the gaps between N/H/E to make E a real challenge (fail rates individually at 90%, Pugs at 75%, solid channel/guild groups at 50-60%) would be awesome, but then also make it worth the player's efforts.  Give significantly better drops, more mats, better access to top level tomes, maybe a very small chance (1% or less) to drop a 2 mill XP stone.

IP Logged

kinggartk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Ddo is a bad game.

Hey Amster...who is the chick in your sig?   

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
cher lloyd

IP Logged

Kalasnikitty
Korthos Resident

And your mama to

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Why are you still playing if it's so boring ? You are not married with DOO. You are free to go, no need to give half of your trailer.

You gotta fight for your right to party!

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
The last few updates have really sent DDO down the toilet. Unkillable Paladins really aren't that fun to play. All the bitching for buffs and Turbines apparent mindless following of those idiotic pleas have made most content a joke.

There are so many fucking retards on the motherboards giving the fuckwits at Turbine shit advise that the game is now boring.

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #11 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
I'm still waiting for a good online game to play.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #12 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
S wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 9:45am:
Is this your first video game or something? Welcome to reality. All games are like that. Quite a few parts of real life are like that too, lol. I guess you're in for some real disappointment in your future.

not all games are like that fucktard. welcome to reality

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:16pm:

Your sig. What is she saying? Looks like she is saying "I like your bitch"

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #14 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
she is saying "Rubbinns has a small cock"

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Sadly the current crop of developers couldn't recognise a balanced game if it crept up behind them in the shower and shoved a shampoo bottle up their quivering browneye.

Paladins are over-powered, ranged toons have been given a proxy-nerf by the developers implementing melee power and losing interest before getting to ranged power.

Hirelings have been completely fucked and the community are begging Turbine to just roll back to pre-U23 (Be careful what you wish for with Turbine.)

Mabar has been scrapped because Turbine developers write such shit code that they can't maintain and fix it and the best Turbine can come up with is another Crystal Cove.

The game is more of a lag-fest then it has ever been. Lag-wipes are becoming more and more commonplace.

Turbine have fucked the social panel which is probably costing them new players in droves.

Cuntovan seems to be stalking me on the main forums and whacking me with warnings and infractions left, right and centre.

Unfortunately there is nothing else that offers the depth of DDO so I stick around and have to watch as the game suffers its Death By A Thousand Self-Inflicted Cuts  Sad

It's like watching your girlfriend become emo and start cutting herself. Sad Angry Sad
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:39am by KilgoreTrout »  

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #16 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 1:11am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:21am:
Cuntovan

This.

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 1:16am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:21am:
Cuntovan seems to be stalking me on the main forums and whacking me with warnings and infractions left, right and centre.

I thought that fat fuck only had a hard on for me. Good to know he is stalking other people too.

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Oct 28th, 2014 at 11:16pm:

If that were true, you would be playing a different game instead of bitching on the forums like a little girl.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 2:22am
Print Post  
S wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 1:36am:
If that were true, you would be playing a different game instead of bitching on the forums like a little girl.

i do

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #20 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 3:45am
Print Post  
You know, I was just thinking about all of the things that are wrong with this game; some of them are old, going back to the beginning, but some of them are new and are considered "features."

-PC/NPC balance: Old issue, somewhat inevitable in an online game, but certain aspects are just ridiculous, e.g. unlimited spell points, uninterruptible spellcasting, spells actually working differently for NPCs than they do for PCs....

-The ladder bug: Old issue, and the poor assholes at Turbine don't even know what it is!

-Dungeon Alert: New(ish) issue. To me, still the worst thing they ever did; it didn't fix lag, it didn't fix zerging, it just randomly decides to kill you.

-Events: All events should die. Period.

-The combat system: New issue. I was in the discussions on the official forums, I know, for a fact, that a properly scaling combat system was suggested, widely praised, and completely ignored by the Devs. Instead, we got this abomination that obviates the point, most of the time.

-Armor up: New issue, and evidence that no one at Turbine has a functioning brain. At some point, someone must have actually uttered the sentence, "I know, the combat system was such an incredible failure, let's extend it further!" and that person was, apparently, not immediately fired.

The really sad part is that, despite all of these problems, it is still better than anything else out there.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 3:45am:
The really sad part is that, despite all of these problems, it is still better than anything else out there.

This.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 3:45am:
-The combat system: New issue. I was in the discussions on the official forums, I know, for a fact, that a properly scaling combat system was suggested, widely praised, and completely ignored by the Devs. Instead, we got this abomination that obviates the point, most of the time.

Enjoyable writing - reminds me of Douglas Adams. Just a couple points.

First, you're wrong about events. Some are inane, almost all I despise, but after ERing a billion times I'm kind of glad to CC and get xp, despite that it also drives me nuts. They just need better events - and could come up with them if you weren't correct about their cognitive powers.

Second, could you expand more on the paragraph above? Or a link. I'd love to hear it.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #23 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 10:02am:
Enjoyable writing - reminds me of Douglas Adams.

High praise. Thank you, sir!

Just a couple points.

First, you're wrong about events. Some are inane, almost all I despise, but after ERing a billion times I'm kind of glad to CC and get xp, despite that it also drives me nuts. They just need better events - and could come up with them if you weren't correct about their cognitive powers.

Granted, this is more of an opinion, but I don't like the entire concept of quests that are only available at certain times of year. The only saving grace is that all of the gear is crap.

Second, could you expand more on the paragraph above? Or a link. I'd love to hear it.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/251440-Robbin-s-complete-combat-system...

That was from 2 years before the combat system changes.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:39pm:
High praise. Thank you, sir!

I like how you place opposites:

Quote:
Granted, this is more of an opinion, but I don't like the entire concept of quests that are only available at certain times of year. The only saving grace is that all of the gear is crap.

hahaha!

Yeah, good point about the availability. Well...if something like Cove was always up and running, no one would bother. It would quickly become tedious and boring.

I wish we could have open world events - like dragons attacking the harbor or something and actual NPCs getting eaten.

Quote:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/251440-Robbin-s-complete-combat-system...

That was from 2 years before the combat system changes.

That's interesting. I can't understand why anyone who's good at numbers - presumably programmers are - couldn't work out in advance that the d20 system has a very limited useful range. It breaks down in D&D when characters reach the high teens. Of course it's going to fail in a Monty Haul powergamer's MMO. It's almost unimaginable that they didn't work out scaling systems from the beginning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint