Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Just don't seem to play :( (Read 6392 times)
Factor
Ex Member

Just don't seem to play :(
Jan 15th, 2015 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
I have barely played since the last update, when I am coming home from work it always seems like a wonderful idea and I get excited about do some questing, but within a hour or a half-hour of logging in I'm finding myself at a bit of a loss.

Normally I play with family most of the time, but they are up the coast until march currently and not playing at all. But thats not really a good explanation, because I usually play lots of new flavor stuff when I'm solo.

Little worried that I might be burned out  Embarrassed 
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:16am by »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Re: Having a hard time getting motivated to play :(
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:15am
Print Post  
sucks to suck homie

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Re: Having a hard time getting motivated to play :(
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:16am
Print Post  
but i know how you feel, im kinda having a hard time finding i build thats fun to play

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Just don't seem to play :(
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have barely played since the last update, when I am coming home from work it always seems like a wonderful idea and I get excited about do some questing, but within a hour or a half-hour of logging in I'm finding myself at a bit of a loss.

Normally I play with family most of the time, but they are up the coast until march currently and not playing at all. But thats not really a good explanation, because I usually play lots of new flavor stuff when I'm solo.

Know the feeling, I can't even find the motivation to log in atm.
There's always something better to do.
I play solo alot, but even that has been ruined by lag spoiling your efforts.    Undecided

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:49am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:27am:
I play solo alot, but even that has been ruined by lag spoiling your efforts.

Yes. Solo most of the time.
And maybe 2-3 hours a week with friends when they come up.
I think lag will be a part of the game from now on.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post  
doesn't seem as laggy this week for whatever reason.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Take a break!

Worked for me.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:50am
Print Post  
5foot's barb build was fun for me. Don't know how it fares now after barb nerf update, but it should still be viable.  And yeah, I feel you on the burned out / boring part. I've been in the same boat. Hence the playing of so many other games atm. Know of several who I used to chat with about DDO that are on the same page - burned out, taking a break.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:15am
Print Post  
After coming back from a 2 year break the only reason that made me stay were my long time friends and guildies.

My experiences in these 2 months back are these:

Huge Duping that kept the game alive removing the endless grind ~1 year zombie raiding non stop to get your endgame loot
=>
Make that ~3 years with the crippling lag in the Raids and instances

Huge XP ploits that also removed the long grind running off destinies being a gimp in parties so you can ETR into an odd destiny for the Epic Completionist or EPL bonuses

Finally people stopped for a while whinning about no end game and you could actually find groups because there was a reason to run the same packs over and over again for Sagas.

People dug up their long forgotten toons and actually found a reason to play them again.

3 Classes are broken as fuck and everything else is there just to add flavor and an extra challenge

After Barbarian being viable getting nerfed ASAP because QQ Paladins

Clickies,Zeal of the Righteous,Storms Eye,Rage,Frenzy,Death Frenzy,Action boost,Cleave,Supreme Cleave,Strike Down,Stunning Blow,Trip,Slaughter,Exhausting Blow non stop Rotation is fun lets make Storms Eye a spammable skill will help ALOT
While
Low Blow,Coup and Fury providing you with everything you need with a bar with 6 Passive feats on at all times.

Champions too stronk QQ vs Champions too weak QQ

Champions poop when they die or keep their poop in a chest and if you gather their poop the smell will attract a little lion slave SO KAWAIIIIIII or you can trade the poop to a skatlover and he will give you a pot of poojuice that will boost your DPS by 0,5 or add an extra DC to your already no save spell for that 1 raid you can instakill everything.

Jerry admitting that the era of sneaking through entire quests (because fuck you Rogues) is over and you now have to beat the ~400 mobs in the whole quest in order to advance

Exploits doing a good thing to Turbines profit from the huge lets buy Astral Shards and remove the grind factor so we can have fun at last!

Haunted Halls was one of the quests i loved and haven`t seen anything like that since Partycrashers back in the day only made better.

BYOH or you are a gimp and you should solo everything with broken hirelings

Epic Vale announcement (get ready for another round of endless questing raiding for mats/ings repeating the same raid 500 times to get a EGS Necklace)

Broken scrolls,Broken enhancement,Broken ED trees,Broken Swap your weapons/con item after each instance so your toon can work

there are more but too lazy to post.

TL;DR Bring back the exploits and the game wont die
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:19am by Bacardi »  

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:27am
Print Post  
It's been a month for me. Weirdly enough still interested in game and stuff but imagine lag, lost people and atrocious ui with full inventories of shit makes me vomit.
Just can't quit the bitch. Always somewhere between adoration and utter disgust and disappointment .
Ddo addicts anonymous.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:34am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:15am:
Jerry admitting that the era of sneaking through entire quests (because fuck you Rogues) is over and you now have to beat the ~400 mobs in the whole quest in order to advance

Where'd he admit this? I missed it.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:46am
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:42am:
Where'd he admit this? I missed it.

At the last stream shortly after sneak humping him.

Champions have TS and a high chance to see you so your invis days are over muhahahaha or something among these lines

I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

bosuze
Waterworks Kobold

wat kyk jy

Reply #12 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Quote:

awwww...

ever heared of viable solo builds??? why you even want to play with others. most peps are just a 10% less xp source!

so far, så bra

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 2:20am:
Take a break!

Worked for me.

this.

playing isn't mandatory, specially if isn't fun anymore; take a break and come back when the body calls out : )

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #14 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:15am:
Huge Duping that kept the game alive removing the endless grind ~1 year zombie raiding non stop to get your endgame loot
=>
Make that ~3 years with the crippling lag in the Raids and instances

This.

I have said repeatedly that the imposed grind is just a stalling tactic while they "develop content."

And then say that they're too stupid and poor to make Tieflings. (Can't find Sev's quote on where I read that…)

So here's some more crappy Xoriat content that nobody will run and will be on sale for 90% off in a month.

But I digress.

Nothing about grinding is fun. Not one damned thing. I am not one of those perverse Japanese kids who will take 10,000 tries at finishing Resident Evil on Professional mode with the fucking knife. (I mean, that's Mad Skills, but GOD DAMN)

So if I have to choose between grinding and just not bothering… I'm gonna go watch Youtube videos of cats.

So really, is it any wonder that materials suddenly became Tribbles in everyone's bags?

Probably is to Turbine.

Thank the Gods I'm not bitter though.   Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #15 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Seems like all I do these days is log on to finish equipping three or four of my toons.

One just needs a single Abbot (the heroic version) completion to do the final upgrade of the Silver Flame trinket to turn in for the Aegis of Flame shield. He also need a pair of Iron Mitts which I farm Prove Your Worth regularly for.

Another needs a Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance and some Shadow Phlogs so he can complete his Maul.

Another is just doing MoDs to get the 20th and 40th end rewards to get the Runearm and Quiver.

After that, I prolly won't do much more until another class or race comes out.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
if it helps u - maybe farming ships at wilderness will get u mitts faster. havent seen them much dropping in quest while dropping from rednames in wild like candies (alongside with tiller buckler, mutiny blade n orcish boots)

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:19am:
So here's some more crappy Xoriat content that nobody will run and will be on sale for 90% off in a month.

Why you dont like the latest pack?
Copy paste other quest parts throw the same mobs again and again add some useless stalling mechanism like a runaway show or dialogues and BOOM you have a new pack with zero effort.
The 2 quests are done in less than 10 minutes and Terminal Delirium created the necesary buzz with the broken mirror room to make people play them and see if champions are hitting like trucks as people say
Nothing about grinding is fun. Not one damned thing. I am not one of those perverse Japanese kids who will take 10,000 tries at finishing Resident Evil on Professional mode with the fucking knife. (I mean, that's Mad Skills, but GOD DAMN)

I thought we already had that in this game too its called play non FOTM toons
So if I have to choose between grinding and just not bothering… I'm gonna go watch Youtube videos of cats.

Logged 3 times today and disconnected in the 5minute mark since the server was dead people not running sagas made the zero lfm problem even worse

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #18 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:12am:
I thought we already had that in this game too its called play non FOTM toons

Had to re-read this before I caught your meaning. Yeah, it can get ugly without the Min/Maxing. The closest I came to a FotM toon was the Bladeforged Paladin I rolled when I first got MotU. And even he collected dust until the Pally pass.

I am too lazy to build for Uber-ness. Most of my toons are hopelessly gimp (CHA-based Pure Fighter PDK, anyone?)

Which may explain why I hate grinding so much.

That, or when I ran Vale eleventy-bazillion times on 10 alts to finish two LitII longswords before I figured out Rapiers were better. Or how those same 10 alts have yet to see a single SoS shard drop despite years of running VoN whenever it's off timer. (See above: Hopelessly Gimp)

FML.  Roll Eyes

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:46am:
At the last stream shortly after sneak humping him.

Champions have TS and a high chance to see you so your invis days are over muhahahaha or something among these lines

Oh, that's different.  I'm kind of okay with invisizerg being toned down. Real Hide and Move Silently still works.

Of course, looking at High Road and Druids deep and such, the days of inspired quest design seems to be over.  That's all just linear tripe.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:02am:
if it helps u - maybe farming ships at wilderness will get u mitts faster. havent seen them much dropping in quest while dropping from rednames in wild like candies (alongside with tiller buckler, mutiny blade n orcish boots)

I got my first pair of Iron Mitts from the very first Red rare I ran into in the wilderness area. Haven't seen one since.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
The first two weeks of 3BC were heaven for drops, I got my buckler, mitts, mutineer's, coffin, and some others all from random rares.

Nothing since. 

And on a note to the OP, you play with family?? it's supposed to be a fantasy escape you know.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:05pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 1:02pm:
The first two weeks of 3BC were heaven for drops, I got my buckler, mitts, mutineer's, coffin, and some others all from random rares.

Same. I have a mule holding 6+ copies of mitts, boots, rapiers, bucklers....

Also, I ran through last week, and killed 3 wilderness rares = 1 rapier.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
I started a brand new character this morning, so hopefully that will get me motivated, see if I can cap in a week!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #24 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:02am:

This.  Drop rates from wilderness seems much higher to me too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint