Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic re: Revamp Korthos (Read 7884 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Revamp Korthos
Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
The Races write up was many years ago before they brought out the Half-bloods (horc and Helf). And if memory serves that sweet was put up as a companion for the Druid class, for MOTU.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:54pm:
You know what I find even more depressing? the rare (and I mean RARE) occasion when someone posts one of those 5k word entries with bullet points and it isn't just good, or well thought out but really brilliant, so good that you want to play it right away. 

The depressing part is that as soon as anything like that is posted the "personalities" of the forums and trolls come out of the woodwork and attempt to shit all over it. Seriously on the few occasions when I have seen it happen since 2006, it has never ended well. Never mind the poster getting a job with turbine, never mind the devs actually taking some of it on board, not even that. If it is good, and well done? devs have never ever even commented on it. I have always assumed it's because they just don't want to lend any credibility to the ideas of someone outside the bullpen, and the Forum scum just don't want anyone to get credit and support for something they didn't think of.

That depresses the shit out of me, does anyone remember the guy who posted the amazing Cavalier class write up? or the guys who posted breakdowns for all races?  nope? thats because people suck and all creativity must be crushed I guess. 

In the end, there is a reason folks like Munk, and Harhar have ended up posting builds here. Never mind classes, races, mounts, how much chance did the big stuff ever have if bloody builds using existing classes get forum-fucked.

The last really good idea that I read on the official forums.. someone proposed a trophy case/achievement section.. i'm not sure if it was account or toon based.. that basically catalogued all the named/rare gear and items as you picked them up..

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #27 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
omgspiderz wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 11:43pm:
The last really good idea that I read on the official forums.. someone proposed a trophy case/achievement section.. i'm not sure if it was account or toon based.. that basically catalogued all the named/rare gear and items as you picked them up..

The cynic in me can't help but think that the Devs would somehow "incentivize" an idea like that into another Challenge Grinding/ Favour earning/ Tchotchke-dropping clusterfuck.

But it would be nice to have a personal record of the in-game milestones achieved.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 3:31pm:
The cynic in me can't help but think that the Devs would somehow "incentivize" an idea like that into another Challenge Grinding/ Favour earning/ Tchotchke-dropping clusterfuck.

But it would be nice to have a personal record of the in-game milestones achieved.

more like turning it into a cash grab.. or both

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 4:15am
Print Post  
The last good idea I saw was actually posted here.....but I'm fucked if I can remember what it was.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 4:47am
Print Post  
omgspiderz wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 4:02pm:
more like turning it into a cash grab.. or both

I think it would be monster manual style if they did it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint