Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) sorc endgame build (Read 21427 times)
nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Re: sorc endgame build
Reply #25 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
i was initially toying with a 18 sorc 2 pal split for saves and doube reconstruct but since i havent played an epic dc caster yet im not so sure that my spells will be hitting consistent does anyone have any ideas of endgame will saves? and if they will be easily hit without the extra 3 dc from drow (i have plus 5 cha tome)

id rather just go max dc tho thats why drow

and just beacuse you cant survive without 2 reconstructs dont assume that i can't  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2015 at 6:17am by nicetrybutimjesus »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post  
endgame will saves are very low. 62ish works just fine in stormhorns.

you'll want high evocation for sunbursting DW shadows and prismatic spraying HH zombies.

EA helps with DCs since you'll get +3 from the cores, and an extra 2 cha. It's up 4 DCs over draconic.

You could probably stone in EE mod if you have the diabolical dildo. The +2 trani DC off of your self heals will make up for no capstone/drow.

Have my ecomp/comp drow capped atm. ... Wizzie is better except for MoD. Sorcs get encasement immunity from acid savant and are fleshy.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2015 at 8:01am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #27 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Hh zombies- web and burst and d breath or vortex on ee.
I dont get tho why noone sugested a fkn human yet.
People dont like 40 more spp?
And bf is needed for idiots only.
You can survive perfectly fine as fleshie

Im sitting at 130 prr 50 mrr 950 hp nonbuffed and 1250-1300 fully buffed eith 17% dodge as a full char based humie sorc on main.

Also, when you dual boost and spam dots your boss dps as sorc is extremely high. Low boss dps is true for fsouls wizz druids and non tea proc shiradi.

Try human 40 spp beats bf and drow imo

I spend some points in eldr some harper and rest earth and fire savant.
Cycling between acid and air savant.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 12:11pm:
Hh zombies- web and burst and d breath or vortex on ee.
You can survive perfectly fine as fleshie

Im sitting at 130 prr 50 mrr 950 hp nonbuffed and 1250-1300 fully buffed eith 17% dodge as a full char based humie sorc on main.

Also, when you dual boost and spam dots your boss dps as sorc is extremely high. Low boss dps is true for fsouls wizz druids and non tea proc shiradi.

Try human 40 spp beats bf and drow imo

I spend some points in eldr some harper and rest earth and fire savant.
Cycling between acid and air savant.

Mostly because pressing a button for more spellpower is really hard, and you could probably get about the same amount of additional DPS if you just spammed more instead. 

BF isn't for survivability, it's for efficiency.  You can ignore mass hold and negative levels which means you very often don't need to fom or deathward.  And when you do need to heal quickened reconstruct is faster than scrolling, which means you have more time to spam more. 

Also, if you aren't reconstructing every 3 seconds, you probably don't have enough dungeon alert.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #29 - Feb 2nd, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm:
BF isn't for survivability

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #30 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 1:39am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm:
Mostly because pressing a button for more spellpower is really hard, and you could probably get about the same amount of additional DPS if you just spammed more instead. 

BF isn't for survivability, it's for efficiency.  You can ignore mass hold and negative levels which means you very often don't need to fom or deathward.  And when you do need to heal quickened reconstruct is faster than scrolling, which means you have more time to spam more. 

Also, if you aren't reconstructing every 3 seconds, you probably don't have enough dungeon alert. 

I will try to kindly ignore the bf is not for survival part.
If clicking a button is to hard for more spp then youbdont know the power of draconic and racial boost on a element weakend booss.
I play a fleshie sorc and there is not a single quest in game where i wished to be a bf or wf. Scrolls? What for, with recent amp buff cocoon crits for 300 per tick and card pots hit for 300 on first tick.
They gave fleshies virtual godmode.
And this are the words of someone whp destroys content.

Boosts and racial spp add way more then wasting ap into recon sla dps wise. I dont know a single scenario from my experience in ddo where a robot could outperform or dps me.
You need some skill to pull it off.
Maybe that us the issue? Skill requirement?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #31 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 1:39am:
I will try to kindly ignore the bf is not for survival part.
If clicking a button is to hard for more spp then youbdont know the power of draconic and racial boost on a element weakend booss.
I play a fleshie sorc and there is not a single quest in game where i wished to be a bf or wf. Scrolls? What for, with recent amp buff cocoon crits for 300 per tick and card pots hit for 300 on first tick.
They gave fleshies virtual godmode.
And this are the words of someone whp destroys content.

Boosts and racial spp add way more then wasting ap into recon sla dps wise. I dont know a single scenario from my experience in ddo where a robot could outperform or dps me.
You need some skill to pull it off.
Maybe that us the issue? Skill requirement?

Why does every good debate have to degenerate into an ePeen measuring contest?  Have you run out of counter points?

Up to this point, I actually found the discussion interesting - debate from two different perspectives.

I play a human Sorc 28 in DI which I love, but I found Atomic's points compelling enough to maybe TR and try a BF version for shits and giggles.
My Sorceror is quite squishy as I have nowhere near the PRR/MRR/HP you do, but I recall that you have 70 something PL's behind you?  (Which the avg player doesn't).

I have no problems with putting forward your points and vigorously debating pros and cons, but why do you have to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you?  I think you both have raised some good points, and anyone tempted to play a Sorc would benefit from your advice/wisdom.
The thing I like about this game is we can all play what we want and still "win" (by this I mean "have fun").

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #32 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:53am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:49am:
Why does every good debate have to degenerate into an ePeen measuring contest?  Have you run out of counter points?

Up to this point, I actually found the discussion interesting - debate from two different perspectives.

DDO vault was made for drama.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:53am:
DDO vault was made for drama.

Isn't there a drama queen section where you can openly declare FIGJAM in every post?
This thread was actually interesting.  I just hate to see a good debate get spoilt, that's all.   Undecided
Resume normal transmission of boobies and "yo momma" jokes......

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:49am:

I play a human Sorc 28 in DI which I love, but I found Atomic's points compelling enough to maybe TR and try a BF version for shits and giggles.
My Sorceror is quite squishy as I have nowhere near the PRR/MRR/HP you do, but I recall that you have 70 something PL's behind you?  (Which the avg player doesn't).

I have no problems with putting forward your points and vigorously debating pros and cons, but why do you have to denigrate anyone who disagrees with you?  I think you both have raised some good points, and anyone tempted to play a Sorc would benefit from your advice/wisdom.
The thing I like about this game is we can all play what we want and still "win" (by this I mean "have fun").

Because thread is named end game sorcerer.
And for endgame imo paper and numberwise a humie is better.

It might seem like drama start but isnt, just saying that the extra spellpower and boosts push humie ahead of bf.
For endgame experienced vet humie is better.
For non plife stacked insecure and not experienced with sorcs player bf is definetely best choice. At least for di sorcs, shiradi are a different entity
Example if you etr as bf and play in draco, this comes from experience as i myself wanted to play bf since it is easy button, you will find yourself in a situation that the lack of 2-4 dc hurts landing spells.
Imo a reliable hold and web is better then 2 recons at least for dc based.
The need for prr and mrr can be ignored since you van get by with l armor if your dcs are high enough.
As bf even at 28 you lack points for cc even in a eh mark.
Yes you get possibly more prr, drop points for asf into eldritch and 2 or more insta heals.
But you lose spellpower and dc on a dc based caster.
Even fully geared a 28 bf pure or 18/2 sorc to me lack dcs and lack spellpower.
I personally never like to push for a option that i cannot bypas with itrms. And with potions clickies you can easily bypass need for dward and healing.
Also mew prolly desnt use elemental forms that make you immune to nost cc based spells since sou count as elemental.
I dont need to bring up the dps boost you have from being in ele form and no need to use heart as bf to do the same.
And when you go to ele form to get thse caster levles you lose repair.
I mean. Yes you need to know the sucess rate of your dcs but when you get a feel, the dps boost puts fleshies and esp humie aheead imo

Correct me if im wrong since i love sorcs and am willing  to learn more about my fav class
My view is like this: max dcs>drow , max defense> bf and max dps >human

I prefer dps and consider that the best option for sorcs afteer playing all 3  styles
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:34am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 1st, 2015 at 10:02am:
Using swash for cha-damage defeats the point of having and using pdk's cha-damage/hit.

I know swash is the obvious choice, it's just not the flavor I'm looking for.

I wonder if anyone has tested if they stack.

But if Swash is out I would probably go 2-4 levels of Pally w/ greatsword.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 9:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:16am:

But if Swash is out I would probably go 2-4 levels of Pally w/ greatsword.

I'm leaning towards a 16sorc/3pal/1 fighter  1 wiz would be preferable, but not enough to spend a +1 LR on.

Stunning shield in vanguard should be really useful (esp if it works with orbs)
MRR/PRR from the sacred defender tree should provide a lot of durability. KoTC would be a light dip for cleave.

Rest of my action points would be dedicated to casting.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2015 at 9:43am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:06am:
Because thread is named end game sorcerer.
And for endgame imo paper and numberwise a humie is better.

It might seem like drama start but isnt, just saying that the extra spellpower and boosts push humie ahead of bf.
For endgame experienced vet humie is better.
For non plife stacked insecure and not experienced with sorcs player bf is definetely best choice. At least for di sorcs, shiradi are a different entity
Example if you etr as bf and play in draco, this comes from experience as i myself wanted to play bf since it is easy button, you will find yourself in a situation that the lack of 2-4 dc hurts landing spells.
Imo a reliable hold and web is better then 2 recons at least for dc based.
The need for prr and mrr can be ignored since you van get by with l armor if your dcs are high enough.
As bf even at 28 you lack points for cc even in a eh mark.
Yes you get possibly more prr, drop points for asf into eldritch and 2 or more insta heals.
But you lose spellpower and dc on a dc based caster.
Even fully geared a 28 bf pure or 18/2 sorc to me lack dcs and lack spellpower.
I personally never like to push for a option that i cannot bypas with itrms. And with potions clickies you can easily bypass need for dward and healing.
Also mew prolly desnt use elemental forms that make you immune to nost cc based spells since sou count as elemental.
I dont need to bring up the dps boost you have from being in ele form and no need to use heart as bf to do the same.
And when you go to ele form to get thse caster levles you lose repair.
I mean. Yes you need to know the sucess rate of your dcs but when you get a feel, the dps boost puts fleshies and esp humie aheead imo

Correct me if im wrong since i love sorcs and am willing  to learn more about my fav class
My view is like this: max dcs>drow , max defense> bf and max dps >human

I prefer dps and consider that the best option for sorcs afteer playing all 3  styles

Is human racial boost 40 spp or 20 spp?  Wiki says it's only 20.  Also, if you're twisting cocoon, that takes up a slot.  There are so many twists I want to have, I can't imagine giving up a slot for healing, when BF don't need to.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #38 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 2:56pm:
Is human racial boost 40 spp or 20 spp?  Wiki says it's only 20.  Also, if you're twisting cocoon, that takes up a slot.  There are so many twists I want to have, I can't imagine giving up a slot for healing, when BF don't need to. 

20from racial and 10 from orb wielding 10 from libram.  Possibly more since you uave a extra feat and possivly more since you can pick the 3 int when boosting.
You can cery well drop cocoon but i use sense emprian enchant as primary twists.
Dont knoe anything for dps as 4th twist i could use so i take cocoon.
Tho primal is nice as dps booster.
You could drop cocoon but you wouldnt be able to spam holds in mid of mobs but from far.
Know anything tier 1ish that could be used for dps?
Frosty is also bad since you focus on high nukes and not spam
playstyle
Lotsa typos since i write from work and fat finger alot
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:16pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:16am:

Tested, I think it was during Swash pass on Lama, could have been Pally pass. Whenever it was that I tested KTA on druid animal forms. I don't think I mentioned it, because it seemed only valuable if it worked.... Did not work then. No idea if that still holds true.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 3:12pm:
20from racial and 10 from orb wielding 10 from libram.  Possibly more since you uave a extra feat and possivly more since you can pick the 3 int when boosting.
You can cery well drop cocoon but i use sense emprian enchant as primary twists.
Dont knoe anything for dps as 4th twist i could use so i take cocoon.
Tho primal is nice as dps booster.
You could drop cocoon but you wouldnt be able to spam holds in mid of mobs but from far.
Know anything tier 1ish that could be used for dps?
Frosty is also bad since you focus on high nukes and not spam
playstyle
Lotsa typos since i write from work and fat finger alot

The 10 from orb wielding costs 8 AP, and sorcs are AP tight.  You can easily put those 8 AP into savant trees or even harper and get the same results.  Also, I'm not sure why you're attributing libram to human, as that's what I use on my bladeforged casters too.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #41 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 4:48am
Print Post  
[quote author=487D6664606A446C7E090 link=1422741390/40#40 date=1423019041]
The 10 from orb wielding costs 8 AP, and sorcs are AP tight.  You can easily put those 8 AP into savant trees or even harper and get the same results.  Also, I'm not sure why you're attributing libram to human, as that's what I use on my bladeforged casters too.  [/quote]
Recon also costs 8 ap and adds no dps  :-\
I attribute libram since i was finding myself of usinf dual sticks or a 2hander for dcs as bf.
Mostly a 2 hander since i always really lacked those few points during etr.
Most annoying thinf to me is if i step into ee spies at lv 20 and they evade my spells when i do opt.
Made me furious every time.
Happen only as bf.
It is ok at 28 dc wise but you need to use a 2 hander for necro or enchant to land spells in sone content.
Thus why i dont count libram as bf.
Its not personal preference its most efficiency preference that pushed nne toward human.
Only for dc casting of course.

Will add here fatfingerd on phone so sorry for typos
When im back from work season and buy better pc part i could nake couple vids to showcase why i prefer hummie.
Example i fond icys bf sorc build a utter retarded idea.
I might be bad as sorc but i found it to be ineffective to craft 2 hander swap in dc staffs nd to be perma on taken copkies and abi buff to be in same dc range.
At level and in high end ee you notce those dcs and lesser spellpower
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 4:57am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #42 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:03am
Print Post  
It is mainl that the need  for healing can be bypassed with game knowledge as dc caster.
But i havent found a way to bypass need fir more spellpower yet.
Example put a libram on use boost draconic boost and press on vortex and viola.
Alrdy makes bf less interesting to me.
And it is only 3 buttons pushed / not including clickies and pots since both can use those

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #43 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Lelouch vi Britannia-
"Hh zombies- web and burst and d breath or vortex on ee.
You can survive perfectly fine as fleshie"

yea i was thinking of going human for more spp but this is my first life as epic sorc so i wasnt sure what necessary
dc's are

glad to see that not everyone is so gimpy and cant play without reconstruct

planning on twisting sense weakness, +3 enchant dc (will switch to evo if it is not needed) and regen coccon

and air savant is because i get bored really easy if theres not a red alert and the wind dance looks nice for kiting and dps etc.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 8:16am by nicetrybutimjesus »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #44 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
If first time go with bf or wf.
Takes time to get a feel how to play a sorc in epic.
Can use it as etr eh build with as you said wings n such in air.
Try to get dests done for 4 3 2 setup for empyrian sense and enchant
For drow content use webs and shouts since they got lowerish saves for fortit.
In druids n plants content necro.
Faster to wail or finger then bother with evok spells.

I dont like going evocati  personally since hold bypasses evasion and some movs have to high reflex no matter what you do.
Good pick is ruin for portal like enemies.

And ye, you got the name source right.
Since im a crazy anime addict heh.

But if first time go for bf and later if you feel you lack dcs and that push for more spp go for human.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #45 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:20am
Print Post  
too late already tr'd drow, nice to know that mobs cant reflex when held, makes sense but ive had a pillar make a reflex save so wasn't sure

and what is this "eh" you speak of i thought there was only 1 difficulty

just wanted max dc's on my cc didnt want to get to epic levels and not have my stuff hit

just need my arcane sphere for 4th slot, im getting close

and love me some good anime
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:29am by nicetrybutimjesus »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #46 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Drow should be fine for enchant.
Should be ok even as first lifer when you get some levels.
If you got abi set twilight from ottos, help alot..
Simple thing you can do is cast hypno crushing before mass hold for will debuff.
Easiest is to macro that combo.
Also can use solid foq or mind foq and cloudkill.
Example for some reason ckill can do con damage on pillars in wgu.
At 24 you really strong.
Cloack for enchant from heroic horns and neck for evoc from wheloon.
Challenge bracer for light spp and crit chance and maybe fire cloack.
Its rathee easy to gear a sorc for etring.
For end gear only 3 char tor gogs are hard to get imo
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:08am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #47 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
thinking of taking force of personality for will saves

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #48 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
You are immune at 20 wirh form to holds.

Have gust for dancing.
Immune to knockdowns from air core.
Only issue aresbursts which are cast by specific mobs so you can anticipate that and cc em before they cc you.
You can use it for heroics  and swap later

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #49 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
ah ok didnt know about the immunity to holds, haven't played a sorc since cap was 10 and epic chord of reprisals gives immunity to soundburst so i can switch in that and spell absorption for other stuff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint