Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic For the brainstormers (Read 5517 times)
WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

For the brainstormers
Feb 4th, 2015 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Trying to make ddo fun again for myself and I have 2 more arti past lives to do. The only weapon I have never actually used is a repeater/regular crossbow just because the sound they make is really fucking annoying, and you can put out more damage by just scrolling masters touch and swinging, that aside, trying to figure away to make pew pew worthwhile in heroics and maybe quick run to cap for etr->tr. Any ideas?

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Re: For the brainstormers
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:15am
Print Post  
with harper tree you can max int and not lose dmg and have max dc's
i'd have to recommend using both casting and shooting

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Or Arti with insightful damage. Can you double up INT damage with insightful + KtA?

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 12:12pm:
Or Arti with insightful damage. Can you double up INT damage with insightful + KtA?

yes thats what i meant taking int to dmg and casting
and yes kta works with int to dmg its kinda what its in the tree for lol

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Yeah harper is a no brainer, but my first arti life i played a caster, and it doesnt scale well in epics, bladebarrier farting is always nice, but i was thinking something more for max ranged dps with a repeater, i know ranger levels are a given, the rest however...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
max ranged dps with a repeater, i know ranger levels are a given, the rest however...

Ultra has a split repeater build. Think it was 8 rge/ 6 rng/ 6 art. Swap to bow for manyshot when fusilade is on cooldown.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Yeah havent seen him online in a minute though, and i need the arti life.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:21pm:
Yeah havent seen him online in a minute though, and i need the arti life.
Should be fine as arty icon. Bonus feats too.
think it doesnt need that many rogue levels since harper gets int to hit and dmg on bows and xbows/repeaters. More arty levels seems fine. Take 2 rogue for evasion. Or go heavy armor 13/6/1 ftr

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Frankly, the biggest problem is that Arti currently sits pretty low on the list of toons that can handle Epic content. Heroic, it ROFLstomps. If you gots the skills, you don't have to worry about that, but still you might find the extra time in each quest annoying.

WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 8:43am:
you can put out more damage by just scrolling masters touch and swinging

No.

That requires a host of feats and AP to match repeater Dps. Repeaters take a host of feats, too, but they are devastating right out of the gate.

WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 8:43am:
trying to figure away to make pew pew worthwhile in heroics

Turn off game sounds.

Or Arti with insightful damage. Can you double up INT damage with insightful

No.

KtA

Yes.

Rubbinns wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:29pm:
Take 2 rogue for evasion.

Holy Jesus, no.

Rubbinns wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 5:29pm:
Or go heavy armor

Yes.

With the Harper tree, you don't have enough AP to split between all the Dps enhancements. Ftr has a crossbow line, Rogue has one, and of course Arti. The Harper tree is IMO, better than either class tree for Artis, and solidifies INT as the Arti's main stat.

You don't have to fuck around with class splits anymore. But if you want weapon versatility, Ranger is a good splash. It can also give you some of your ranged feats, so you don't lose any net feats from skipped Arti levels. Rogue splash doesn't add enough, IMO, now that HArmor is better than evasion. SA damage is always nice, and the crossbow line from Mechanic, but an Arti just doesn't need anything else from either tree. Taking 5 Wiz for perma-tensor's can be nice, but again AP are tight, and you can get most of what Wiz offers out of UMD. If you were interested in SWF, a Bard split could be fun.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
It should be tier 5 AA for slayer, min of 32 ap. Another 22 ap into battle engineer for fusilade. Finally harper at least 12 ap for kta and int to atk and dmg. 66 Ap total for the base of the build. Leaves 14 ap spare.

Manyshot on int build because of harper int to atk/dmg working on missile weapons. Enabling a volley of fusilade slayer followed by manyshot slayer. A 2 Fighter splash gets you heavy armor prof, haste boost, and 2 feats. 12/6/2 fleshie is what I would suggest over rogue splash. Your saves will be lower.

If warforged would probably be possible on a 15 arty 5 ranger. The fetas are very tight, 4(point blank and manyshot) less feats and must use adam body feat as another.

Bladeforged doesnt have the ap to get scribing and stalwart stance and for that should be no more than 2 pally levels while also having 2 less feats and using another one for adam body feat. Easiest healing, highest saves, immune to negs/hold, etc.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 7:30am
Print Post  
BF, Completionist +2 Ranger lives...

3Paladin/17Arti Max Int+Levels, Max Con, Dex 13 w/ tomes and w/e else doesn't really matter. 14 Feats+2 ED Feats.  3x SWF, Khopeshes, Precision, PBS, Precise Shot, IC Slash, Rapid Shot, Completionist, Quicken, Adamantine Body, Insightful Reflexes, OC, HellBall, PSWF.

Battle Engineer, Max Rune Arm Line, Max HRXBow line to Haste Boost plus extra Boosts, 2 Points of Int

BF-Just enough pts to get Communion of Scribing and some fort + asf.

Sacred Defender-Stance PRR/MRR saves.
Harper-Int to everything and KTA, 4 points of Int

In DC with Sense Weakness, LD Extra Action Boost, Uncanny Reflex Tumble thing from Magister.

Not an Epic Completionist but do have 2x Colors and 1 Sunelf PL.

Breaking the Ranks speed run for epeen? Nah....
Beating down a mini-boss to prove a point? NEVER!!!!

But it rocks. Rrrrreally, fucking, rocks....

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 10:24am
Print Post  
All very valid, at a point i was even thinking dropping slayer over taking 5 barb and going to ravager t5 for the improved crit range while raging and blood str if it works with pew pew. But after looking at ravager tree, no way in hell i can spend 30 points in there. Is there anyway to increase the crit range on repeaters apart from the ic Feat? does that morphic arrows from aa make repeaters blunted as well? so far im think 11 arti/6ranger/3fighte, for stance. Cheesy

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
I'm struggling to see why you wouldn't go elf, get racial AA, and stick with pure arti.

It'll get you blade barrier asap,  give you AA features you want, let's you make good use of flame turret when it's useful.

14Ap elf, get AA
32Ap AA,  get slayershot
14Ap Harp, get int damage /kta

Spend rest on Arti trees.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I don't want to go elf and use racial AA because i have 0 interest in casting arti spells, apart from buffs, I have previously played a caster artificer and i don't fancy them, blade barrier is nice and all, but i'm trying to get as much ranged damage, not play a jack of all trades.

Flame turret is nice till level what 15 or so? seeing as i might end up doing it iconic, that option is not appealing to me, in the least. 

Also 46 ap to get slayer vs the 32 from having 6 ranger levels ( not to even talk about the free feats, access to sniper shot from deepwood, sprint boost from tempest etc.) is a huge waste imo.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
Ultra has a split repeater build. Think it was 8 rge/ 6 rng/ 6 art. Swap to bow for manyshot when fusilade is on cooldown.

This.

Also you need to use a great crossbow with fusilade, much higher base damage and greater threat range and fires at the same rate of a repeater when Fusilade is being used.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 10:24am:
11 arti/6ranger/3fighte, for stance.

cant fit stance, slayer, int to damage, fusilade all together.

12 art gets bonus feat and spell. 6 ranger for manyshot, bow str, rapid shot, precise shot and slayer. 2 ftr for feats, haste, heavy prof.

feats would be completionist, rapid reload, improved precise shot, point blank shot, imp crit ranged, precision, emp heal, toughness, quicken.

OC, epic toughness, combat archery.

arty bonus feats for point blank and imp crit. fighter feats precision and rapid reload.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:14pm:
Also you need to use a great crossbow with fusilade, much higher base damage and greater threat range and fires at the same rate of a repeater when Fusilade is being used.

True, and yet I never do. This is a true min/max tactic, and the game just so rarely needs such effort.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:24pm:
Flame turret is nice till level what 15 or so? seeing as i might end up doing it iconic, that option is not appealing to me, in the least.

Reading your earlier post in the thread makes it fairly clear you don't understand how reincarnation works with iconic. You cannot do a quick etr > tr on an iconic.  On an iconic If you ETR you'll have to level to 28 again in order to get your art past life. Iconic cannot true reincarnate at 20. Instead at 28 iconics can Iconic reincarnate getting granted both their racial and class pastlife.

So you simply want arti past lives,  but rather than playing artis in heroic content where they are powerful your considering playing them in epic content where they suck, for a flawed reason.

8/6/6 splits were first common place to get pastlives other than arti. They were arti based because artI are great in heroics. All the split builds shown here help make artis better in epic content, but from a levelling perspective for arti pastlives they are inferior.

Just because I'm telling you to make a pure arti doesn't mean I'm telling you to cast exclusively.

Flame turret stops being useful, so when it does talk to Fred and ditch augment summoning for a caster or ranged feat. Pure artis are capable of ranged and casting in heroics, especially ones who already have pastlives.

At the end of the day it's your choice, it can't be helped if you want to play harder not smarter.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2015 at 6:04pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Reading your earlier post in the thread makes it fairly clear you don't understand how reincarnation works with iconic.

Lol

Alright, my fault, i initially planned on doing a 1-20 but i changed my mind, so I can understand your points.

Quote:
it can't be helped if you want to play harder not smarter.

And this was the point, if i wanted to play smarter i would have just done swf and zerged the entire life, I wanted to try something else that im well aware is weaker as a challenge.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 8:34pm:
Lol

Alright, my fault, i initially planned on doing a 1-20 but i changed my mind, so I can understand your points.

And this was the point, if i wanted to play smarter i would have just done swf and zerged the entire life, I wanted to try something else that im well aware is weaker as a challenge.

8 arti/ 7 cleric/ 5 barbarian.  Crap for 5 levels from 15-20, but they are easy as shit so who cares.  From 20-28 play in tree form.  Use cleave, great cleave, and supreme cleave.  I have been tree building everything lately for heroic/ iconic past lives.  The trees are so powerful, even a mediocre build sails through elite streaking 20-28.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint