Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bladeforged Dual-wielding Bastard Sword Fighter? (Read 6948 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Bladeforged Dual-wielding Bastard Sword Fighter?
Mar 13th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I'm currently working my way through a 3 Paladin/5 Wizard/12 Fighter build and loving every second of it, going to run off on a monk-life before I get back to fighter, but when I do...

It's going to be on a Bladeforged, I just can't stop playing those. I don't care about doing a +1 heart to get out of that 1 paladin level, but an alignment change and additional hearts on top of that are a tad much.

Basically I'm interested in a build that would let me dual-wield bastard swords. To be honest, it could be a monk or a fighter PL, I don't care, I just want to swing around big swords and laugh while things die.

Suggestions?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Bladeforged Dual-wielding Bastard Sword Fighter?
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I have one of these...8Fighter/6Ranger/6Monk.

Wields twin Nightmare, the Fallen Moon bastard swords.

961 HPs in Earth stance, 50-60 range for all saves, uses a Pinion when multishot is off timer.

Not a bad performer really.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Cetus build is fine too. Can re-kit the build to suit your past life needs. 9 monk 8 fighter 3 pally. I did that on alt but with 3 fvs levels( I bought the lr +1).

That build Arkat posted was pretty common until swashbucklers and holy sword came around. Still good build just out of fotm contention due to new melee overlords. Get tier 5 kensei, tempest tier 4 and bladeforged recon+power of the forge. Can swap to heavy drop kensei take tempest tier 5, stalwart tier 4 for hard hitting quests(though you may want to swap to warhammers in LD for that).
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:34pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I made that guy quite a while ago...long before swashbucklers and Pally updates. It's pretty outdated honestly but the twin Nightmares are a trip.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
I don't get the point of doing bastard swords without glancing blows. Sun Blade types are good if you like the 2 big swords visual...or just use mirrors and swing khopesh/pick/scimitar.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 13th, 2015 at 10:57pm:
I don't get the point of doing bastard swords without glancing blows. Sun Blade types are good if you like the 2 big swords visual...or just use mirrors and swing khopesh/pick/scimitar.

It's somewhat more of a flavor-build, to be honest. There's also a little bit of psychology going on, here.

You see... way back when I first started playing the game, knowing nothing about DnD, DDO, builds, etc, I made a Paladin with a sorc splash and spent the first 6-7 levels of the game running around dual-wielding bastard swords.

...with no exotic weapon feat, no two-weapon fighting, low dex, 28pt build.... oh, and I couldn't make sense of the plat-to-gold calculations so I was just buying whatever the highest + value was available on the DDO store. Yes, this was exactly as stupid as you think it was.

BUT! If I can NOW somehow make an effective dual-bastard-swording man, then somehow all of my failures will magically become success....

Anyway, in non me-being-a-noob-idiot news, I do like the Cetus build... would be a fun way to do a monk life for sure!(yeah, I need those, too)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Oh, I should probably add that I didn't know how to use the LFM system and refused to buy hirelings because "they were too expensive and only good for an hour", and couldn't afford potions so was buying them from the DDO store...

Look, my first character was a carnival of failures, ok? I bet yours were just as bad! Only not as bad. Because mine was BAAAAAAAD...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 2:18pm:
Look, my first character was a carnival of failures, ok? I bet yours were just as bad! Only not as bad. Because mine was BAAAAAAAD...

I rolled a 12 barb 6 ranger 2 rogue. dual kopesh. no gear, knowledge, friends, guild, plat, skills. needless to say i died to everything all the time.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2015 at 6:18pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
I rolled a 12 barb 6 ranger 2 rogue. dual kopesh. no gear, knowledge, friends, guild, plat, skills. needless to say i died to everything all the time.

I stand in solidarity with you, and wonder: how many more of us had terrifyingly awful first characters?

IP Logged

Crotch Goblins
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
My first 2 char were god awful, I had a rogue who couldn't find traps unless he fell into them. My second was an wizard who had dex for ac rather then con for hps... 47 hps at lvl 10... he died a LOT! I then just made a fighter and learned the game with him lol. (Been around since the beginning of the game)

I think the abomination build was pretty good, though I'm now partial to harmor since I came back and there were champions lol.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
I'm currently running on a 3 Paladin/5 Wizard/12 Fighter build and loving the shit out of it. My hotbar is basically a line of cleaves, and I have so many that by the time I hit the end the first one has cooled down. I'm a spinning top.

But I want something that plays very differently next. I don't know necessarily HOW it should play differently... but that is what I want Tongue

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 2:18pm:
I bet yours were just as bad! Only not as bad. Because mine was BAAAAAAAD...

My first character was a cleric with extended blade barriers.  Smiley

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
My 1st real toon was a finesse drow pure bard who is still sitting at 19 with her curse-spewing of pg & paralyzing of pg light maces. 268 hp of pure buffing power.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
I stand in solidarity with you, and wonder: how many more of us had terrifyingly awful first characters?

I took three fighter levels to get one extra point of AC.

I still have that character, and she's done basically everything (as a first-lifer!) but there were several +x reincarnations.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #15 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
My first toon in DDO Human Fighter that I got all the way to 10th level before the level cap was raised for the first time.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Started as human sorc ended as bf sorc with apsolutely everything in between.
Can only end up as sorc or monk, 2 of my fav classes in ddo
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2015 at 4:23pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
i had one of these type build a while back...

I have too many toons

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint