Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Anyone have a decent qstaff build? (Read 15929 times)
Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Re: Anyone have a decent qstaff build?
Reply #25 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 3:12am:
For strenght based at least.
I personally would do a 18 rogue 1 druid 1 monk simply because 1 w and rams outscale dmight due to mythic gaze that alrdy gives 4 str that is equal to 18 char, rams alone is worth 2 str and 2 damage which is same as lets say 12 charisma (2 str is 4 and 2 damage is same as 4 str so yea), then you also get benefits of shilly for lv 20 evenigstaff and temple staff that gives 1w.
Basically 1 druid splash is same as 30 char worth of dmight without shilly counted.
Its rather simple to figure out why fsoul is worse split.
By droping fsoul you can get more starting int/con/str for better kta and also wand and scroll mastery from herald which is t1 and bequile.

I mean, that is how i would do it, option is 2 palie for defensive roll supremality but i prefer 1 druid/1monk.
Could replace the 1 monk tho for something that could benefit the build more, no idea if 2 barb is viable for ear smash tho. Never even considerd that since wasting 2 class levels for a 1 target helpless inducer doesnt seem to hot to me /but sp boost sure is great

Wonder if shilly and cheaper wand scroll mastery do good for dex based rogue.
Its just shilly/bequile and mastery that you would get from that split for dex based

Look, druid will come out worse than fvs due to the lack of reflex saves, less sp and with Shillelagh not working on sireth. Rams might is + 2 str +2 dmg which translates to + 6 str with +4 insightful str on top that makes +10, which is worse than what dm gives (+16 str or more). Next time get your facts straight before talking utter bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 6:15am by »  

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Too much retarded and less brain here. I am done.

Quote:
Fvs is the better splash dumbass. +2 to reflex saves over your druid that gets zero, more sp and btw Shillelagh doesn't work on sireth.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #27 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:
Look, druid will come out worse than fvs die to the lack of reflex saves, less sp and with Shillelagh not working on sireth. Rams might is + 2 str +2 dmg which translates to + 6 str with +4 insightful str on top which makes +10, which is worse than what dm gives (+16 str or more). Next time get your facts straight before talking utter bullshit.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:19am
Print Post  
taco wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:07am:
So dumb that it's all balanced around 18 levels of rogue now but I guess it's the new normal.

Tried playing around with 2 pally in a planner and it doesn't look very good. Waste a twist on DM so that's a possible 6 reflex twist you're losing, even with 44 or so cha you'll only be up 11 ref on Ash's build. Still not 100% from def roll and you also and lose some decent DPS so not looking worth it.

Bladeforged is bad too, 5 MDB for mithril is a joke so choose either weak sauce PRR or dodge, meh. Then there's the overpriced dmg boost and DM so you start thinking fuck it, harper for KtA like everyone else these days.

Only nice thing about pally is the 3W cleave that'll reset momentum swing, somehow they've managed to make 2 pally splash look not very good so kudo to Turbine I guess.

/2 barb could be cool if you like to zoom round a lot, get a single target stun too which could be alright for oranges and the new +150% SA dmg from melee power. People dis staff lunge but it's alright because  you can pass through dudes. You also get vault for another go at getting away, add in barb fast movement and it could be pretty fun.

Ear smash is not worth taking anymore. They messed up the animation and your character will now be stuck in place for a secound everytime you use it, preventing you from moving forward.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
Look, druid will come out worse than fvs due to the lack of reflex saves, less sp and with Shillelagh not working on sireth. Rams might is + 2 str +2 dmg which translates to + 6 str with +4 insightful str on top that makes +10, which is worse than what dm gives (+16 str or more). Next time get your facts straight before talking utter bullshit.

If only new temple staff and set that gives 20 melle power, and potential 28 was wood based...

Oh wait... It is...

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #30 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:38am:
If only new temple staff and set that gives 20 melle power, and potential 28 was wood based...

Oh wait... It is...

Temple staff sucks ass, even if you apply shillelagh and 20 melee power. You are giving turbine way too much credit for this garbage.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 6:41am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
Temple staff sucks ass, even if you apply shillelagh and 20 melee power. You are giving turbine way too much credit for this garbage.

I dont know, the crit range and multi look pretty decent to me. And when you aplly dance/shilly on it it will scale very well, pretty sure it outdpses sireth at this point since you cannot use citw set because of elitany either. And since its more crit multi focused the melle power will play a big role.
We always build builds around gear anyways, so building around the temple set is not a surprise for some specific builds at this point

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:53am:
I dont know, the crit range and multi look pretty decent to me. And when you aplly dance/shilly on it it will scale very well, pretty sure it outdpses sireth at this point since you cannot use citw set because of elitany either. And since its more crit multi focused the melle power will play a big role.
We always build builds around gear anyways, so building around the temple set is not a surprise for some specific builds at this point

It won't, we have seen the math for both and they were pretty much even. The only thing left is fom, which i would not want to trade for those garbage effects. One more thing, did you know that +3% doublestrike can be better than 20 melee power ? You can do the math and see for yourself under the right circumstances.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 7:00am by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2015 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
It won't, we have seen the math for both and they were pretty much even. The only thing left is fom, which i would not want to trade for those garbage effects. One more thing, did you know that +3% doublestrike can be better than 20 melee power ? You can do the math and see for yourself under the right circumstances.

It depends how much dstrike the overall number the build has acess to.
Staff builds are nearly maxed out with dstrike so they dont benefit much from more increase in difference to for example  barbs who are dstrike starved builds.
The dstrike formula also (when calculating dps) should have dimnishing returns once you pass a specific tresshold.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 10:06am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:38am:

Oh wait... It is...

Elemental Bloom (which is what I assume you are talking about with the term "temple staff") does not get the 20 Melee power.

If it did, the staff would be awesome and worth farming.  As it is now, it is good (functionally equivalent to Sireth) but not worth farming imo.

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:

You know.. I should know better.  I actually thought that you might be learning something about the game and then you post something so stupid that it makes me question if you even play DDO.

3% doublestrike on a high doublestrike build (80% double strike) like this is functionally about a 1.7% dps increase (aactually it is a little higher due to deception procs, but we are talking less than 0.1% here) when not cleaving.  When using a cleave or most special attacks it is a 0% increase as doublestrike does not proc on those attacks

For 20 melee power to be less than that, you would need to have a current melee power higher than 1000 which is not possible in the game currently.  Also Melee power works on all attacks and has a doubling effect on sneak attacks.

Next time try to use some of that grey matter between your ears before you post utter B.S.

Then again what can you expect from someone that couldn't even figure out a name.. and had to steal someone else's
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 1:51pm by Ash »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2015 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Look, you can either choose to spend 2 ap on divine might or 3x the ap on something similar to it (kta). What you do with your ap is up to you, but you are doing it wrong.

This from the person that thought 3% double strike is better than 20 melee power.

If you think I am doing it wrong, I'll take that as it is being done right.. (seeing as you are wrong at almost everything)

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
taco wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:07am:
So dumb that it's all balanced around 18 levels of rogue now but I guess it's the new normal.

Tried playing around with 2 pally in a planner and it doesn't look very good. Waste a twist on DM so that's a possible 6 reflex twist you're losing, even with 44 or so cha you'll only be up 11 ref on Ash's build. Still not 100% from def roll and you also and lose some decent DPS so not looking worth it.

I did the same analysis.. While I really liked "no-fail" saves on Fort and Will.. I just couldn't trade that for the DPS boost from monk.

Quote:
Only nice thing about pally is the 3W cleave that'll reset momentum swing, somehow they've managed to make 2 pally splash look not very good so kudo to Turbine I guess.

I need to do some testing, but I question if Momentum Swing is actually worth even using (other than to reset Lay Waste). 

I have a feeling that due to the slow animation on Momentum Swing it is a DPS loss. --

I might get some time tonight to run some tests on it.

Quote:
/2 barb could be cool if you like to zoom round a lot, get a single target stun too which could be alright for oranges and the new +150% SA dmg from melee power. People dis staff lunge but it's alright because  you can pass through dudes. You also get vault for another go at getting away, add in barb fast movement and it could be pretty fun.

Only issue with Barb is that most of the power is in the Enh Trees, and AP's are pretty tight.  Where as Monk, the power is in the feats where you have some flexibility.

Barb might be interesting in a 18 rogue / 1 Barb / 1 FvS split though.

Go Str based Free up 12 AP between Harper and Human... Invest 3-4 of those in FvS for DM giving you 8-9 AP for FB and Ravager.

Likely 4 in Ravager for Barb PA and 4 in FB for extra Rages.

Not sure if that would be enough to make up for the 10% DS or not though (if you are interested I can run the numbers later), but my gut says no.

You also will take a hit on Ref save and the lower int/dex will hurt your skills (if you care about that).. High levels of Hide/MS along with faster sneaking does speed up ToEE part 2 considerably.

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Ash there is one thing I am confused about, in your build at the end it says
"DPS Thunder Forged: ~5,097 Blitz | ~5,760 MP boosted | 6,567 Haste+MP

DPS Sireth: ~5,795 Blitz | ~6,623 MP boosted | 7,590 Haste+MP"

Are you saying that you can be doing 7,590 damage every second? Sorry if I sound stupid but that just doesn't sound possible to me. Mind you I don't know anything about how to calculate the dps or anthing else, it just sounds unimaginable to me since I thought I was pretty boss for doing 200 a swing and critting 15-20 and then even a little bit lower with exploit weakness.

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
SmokeMonster wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 1:45pm:
Ash there is one thing I am confused about, in your build at the end it says
"DPS Thunder Forged: ~5,097 Blitz | ~5,760 MP boosted | 6,567 Haste+MP

DPS Sireth: ~5,795 Blitz | ~6,623 MP boosted | 7,590 Haste+MP"

Are you saying that you can be doing 7,590 damage every second? Sorry if I sound stupid but that just doesn't sound possible to me. Mind you I don't know anything about how to calculate the dps or anthing else, it just sounds unimaginable to me since I thought I was pretty boss for doing 200 a swing and critting 15-20 and then even a little bit lower with exploit weakness.

Not really.  Those numbers are the calculated DPS with sneak dice only counting when deception procs and only missing on a 1.  I use those mostly when comparing builds and build options as it serves as a useful baseline.

Doing a EE Bruntsmash test and starting blitz with my first hit (starting at a 3 stack) I came out at 4,700 dps.  Now that test is flawed for a number of reasons, but mostly due to the mob not having enough HP to get a real average and due to loss of a second or so on any test that takes longer than 20 seconds (length of a haste boost) to complete.

Real true in game single target DPS is likely in the 5,000-5,500 range factoring in time needed to heal and hit boosts on one side and being at a 10 stack of blitz on the other.

Typical front number when I don't crit is in the low/mid 300's

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #40 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:
Ear smash is not worth taking anymore. They messed up the animation and your character will now be stuck in place for a secound everytime you use it, preventing you from moving forward.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #42 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #43 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:51pm:
This from the person that thought 3% double strike is better than 20 melee power.

If you think I am doing it wrong, I'll take that as it is being done right.. (seeing as you are wrong at almost everything)

Didn't i mention situational better than 20 melee power ? Learn how to read, and learn how to build.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #44 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
You know.. I should know better.  I actually thought that you might be learning something about the game and then you post something so stupid that it makes me question if you even play DDO.

3% doublestrike on a high doublestrike build (80% double strike) like this is functionally about a 1.7% dps increase (aactually it is a little higher due to deception procs, but we are talking less than 0.1% here) when not cleaving.  When using a cleave or most special attacks it is a 0% increase as doublestrike does not proc on those attacks

For 20 melee power to be less than that, you would need to have a current melee power higher than 1000 which is not possible in the game currently.  Also Melee power works on all attacks and has a doubling effect on sneak attacks.

Next time try to use some of that grey matter between your ears before you post utter B.S.

Then again what can you expect from someone that couldn't even figure out a name.. and had to steal someone else's

I said SITUATIONAL better you faggot.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #45 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:39pm:
Elemental Bloom (which is what I assume you are talking about with the term "temple staff") does not get the 20 Melee power.

If it did, the staff would be awesome and worth farming.  As it is now, it is good (functionally equivalent to Sireth) but not worth farming imo.

The set bonus does, stupid. So who isn't playing the game ? huh ?
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 3:07pm by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #46 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 1:08pm:
I did the same analysis.. While I really liked "no-fail" saves on Fort and Will.. I just couldn't trade that for the DPS boost from monk.

I need to do some testing, but I question if Momentum Swing is actually worth even using (other than to reset Lay Waste). 

I have a feeling that due to the slow animation on Momentum Swing it is a DPS loss. --

I might get some time tonight to run some tests on it.

Only issue with Barb is that most of the power is in the Enh Trees, and AP's are pretty tight.  Where as Monk, the power is in the feats where you have some flexibility.

Barb might be interesting in a 18 rogue / 1 Barb / 1 FvS split though.

Go Str based Free up 12 AP between Harper and Human... Invest 3-4 of those in FvS for DM giving you 8-9 AP for FB and Ravager.

Likely 4 in Ravager for Barb PA and 4 in FB for extra Rages.

Not sure if that would be enough to make up for the 10% DS or not though (if you are interested I can run the numbers later), but my gut says no.

You also will take a hit on Ref save and the lower int/dex will hurt your skills (if you care about that).. High levels of Hide/MS along with faster sneaking does speed up ToEE part 2 considerably.

I Loled.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 3:03pm by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #47 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 12:48pm:

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Didn't i mention situational better than 20 melee power ? Learn how to read, and learn how to build.

The only situation would be if you can break 1,000 Melee power.

Please let us know how you plan to break 1K melee power..

If your situation doesn't exist.. then it is not situationaly better.

Again, do you actually play this game?

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I said SITUATIONAL better you faggot.

Please.. enlighten us with the Situation in which it is better....

I am sure we are all interested in how you are going to create a build with 1k melee power.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint