Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) "uber builds" if such a thing exists (Read 22560 times)
lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

"uber builds" if such a thing exists
Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:04am
Print Post  
okay so after playing my dwarven defender for a while i have heard it called an "uber build" and i'm looking for other "uber builds" to study, I've spent many hours on google and all i have found is the steel shrine build, so i'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, a variety of builds (yours or otherwise) that are capable of soloing EE quests but also stand out in a party, kinda the best of the best so to speak. i don't need details, just the general direction to look.  other builds i have heard of are the tree and the swf druid ranger deal.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: "uber builds" if such a thing exists
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:12am
Print Post  
pure barb.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:18am
Print Post  

Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:12am:
pure barb.

such imagination i have come to expect from you and you alone

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Pure barb.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:20am:
Pure barb.

now your just ripping off rubbinns ideas.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Okay, I admit I find some humour in writing the same two words ( and maybe being a dick abut it a bit ) but when I think about it, it's true.
Blitz barb > Blitz wolf > Blitz pure pally > Blitz swash.
Then one of those heavy armour Shiradi things or duped pots chugging savant and perhaps uber pally/monk or 12/6/2 monkcher. And tree.
Perhaps Blitz Mechanic now - fuck if I know, have yet to play it.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:30am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:28am:
Okay, I admit I find some humour in writing the same two words ( and maybe being a dick abut it a bit ) but when I think about it, it's true.
Blitz barb > Blitz wolf > Blitz pure pally > Blitz swash.
Then one of those heavy armour Shiradi things or duped pots chugging savant and perhaps uber pally/monk or 12/6/2 monkcher. And tree.
Perhaps Blitz Mechanic now - fuck if I know, have yet to play it.

cool ty its a start, i think i need a cood caster one for a friend though, hmmm he didnt have enough intel to dupe enough pots though. i guess i could pass him a epic ring of spell storing though, thats a start at least

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
kinda retarded, arent u? just by checking couple last pages in this section u could find several  pretty good builds and directions to others.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Pure monk, Unarmed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
For the first time since I came back and probably for 12 months before I quit, I had a pugger on Khyber who equaled me on kills (the last pug to do so was Tethx in an EE Servants).

This was on a VON 1-4 EE for bravery bonus. I was 25, in my new Shuriken build (13 Ro/3Monk/4 Ranger) in LD. The pugger was an 18 Rogue/2 Arty with a repeater and a rune arm, also running LD. I believe was has 25 also, since he was in my BB group for Vons. 

Considering its been over a year since a guildy or a pug equaled or beat me on kills in a quest (non-raid, since those have different requirements and roles then just facesmashing EE quests) and it was the arguably one of Khybers greatest players and builders in history (Teth at the time was a 12Fvs/something shiradi spammer with BB), I guess my Shuriken builds are uber builds.

So apparently, was this 18Rogue/2Arty repeater build.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 1:06pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I give pure barb a +1 as well

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 1:05pm:
Tethx

teth is beast. seen his times in thrill of hunt and army of shadow. lol dem dots. only really played with him on lama during mod preview. my toon was vaultieone. Was using orb knight. we wiped a ton! not like anyone out-killed me, but i dont think he was trying hard to keep kills up. And i cant touch his speed times.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:59pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:42am:
kinda retarded, arent u? just by checking couple last pages in this section u could find several  pretty good builds and directions to others.

hmmm thats funny if i werent retarded then theres no way i would have said lostthenloved wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:04am:
okay so after playing my dwarven defender for a while i have heard it called an "uber build" and i'm looking for other "uber builds" to study, I've spent many hours on google and all i have found is the steel shrine build, so i'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, a variety of builds (yours or otherwise) that are capable of soloing EE quests but also stand out in a party, kinda the best of the best so to speak. i don't need details, just the general direction to look.  other builds i have heard of are the tree and the swf druid ranger deal.

whaen what i realy need are  Gringo wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:42am:
pretty good builds

lets compare one more time in case you missed it angain
what i asked for: lostthenloved wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:04am:
the best of the best

VS

what you seem to think i want: Gringo wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:42am:
pretty good builds

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
For the first time since I came back and probably for 12 months before I quit, I had a pugger on Khyber who equaled me on kills (the last pug to do so was Tethx in an EE Servants).

This was on a VON 1-4 EE for bravery bonus. I was 25, in my new Shuriken build (13 Ro/3Monk/4 Ranger) in LD. The pugger was an 18 Rogue/2 Arty with a repeater and a rune arm, also running LD. I believe was has 25 also, since he was in my BB group for Vons. 

Considering its been over a year since a guildy or a pug equaled or beat me on kills in a quest (non-raid, since those have different requirements and roles then just facesmashing EE quests) and it was the arguably one of Khybers greatest players and builders in history (Teth at the time was a 12Fvs/something shiradi spammer with BB), I guess my Shuriken builds are uber builds.

and
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 2:59pm:
teth is beast. seen his times in thrill of hunt and army of shadow. lol dem dots. only really played with him on lama during mod preview. my toon was vaultieone. Was using orb knight. we wiped a ton! not like anyone out-killed me, but i dont think he was trying hard to keep kills up. And i cant touch his speed times

sweet thanks. what im actually trying to do is build a party of these over powered toons and start hitting raids on EE

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  

What does 4 ranger get you?

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
sweet thanks. what im actually trying to do is build a party of these over powered toons and start hitting raids on EE

You'll probably want 1 ranged (thrower, bow, xbow, whatev).  1 magic user (sorcerer in draconic or shiradi whatever).  Then a pile of melee (barb, paladin, bard...even centered kensais and rogues... are all aces).

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:13pm:
hmmm thats funny if i werent retarded then theres no way i would have said
whaen what i realy need are 

lets compare one more time in case you missed it angain
what i asked for:

VS

what you seem to think i want:

reading is hard, yo. any of those proposed options are or was already discussed in other threads - its only shame for u u cant read, compare and make decisions yourself.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:41pm:
What does 4 ranger get you?

Precise shot and rapid shot, cheap sa dice and pos sp, and some build flexibilty as dws has a lot of nice stuff. Also a blue bar, improved deflect arrows if you want (amazing on a thrower), and rams might for +2 damage.

Artuments could be made for other splits, but you need 3 monk and 12 rogue for improved SA.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Well since we are talking uber builds here. I am going to TR into a FVS here shortly, mainly for Blade Barrier, love the fucking sound it makes, and for the spell pen.

Is there a build that someone knows of that isn't completely outdated, or should I just make it up as I go along?

It would be nice if it made use of either PDK, Shadar Kai, or Sun elf, so I don't have to wait around for the blade barrier.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 7:28pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 7:07pm:
Precise shot and rapid shot, cheap sa dice and pos sp, and some build flexibilty as dws has a lot of nice stuff. Also a blue bar, improved deflect arrows if you want (amazing on a thrower), and rams might for +2 damage.

Artuments could be made for other splits, but you need 3 monk and 12 rogue for improved SA.

I have a 10k stars build (13 rogue/6 monk/1 ranger) that is level 7 right now.  Do you think 10k stars is a waste of time?  I could probably still convert to a 13/3/4 split, but I'm skeptical.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 5:15pm:
reading is hard, yo. any of those proposed options are or was already discussed in other threads - its only shame for u u cant read, compare and make decisions yourself.

read this   gfy 
on a serious note, i did find the tree build in the builds section but most of it are people no better at building then i am asking help. not what im looking for.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:07pm by lostthenloved »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:27pm:
I have a 10k stars build (13 rogue/6 monk/1 ranger) that is level 7 right now.  Do you think 10k stars is a waste of time?  I could probably still convert to a 13/3/4 split, but I'm skeptical. 

I strongly considered 6 Monk/1 Ranger, and on balance they are probably very similar builds. I wanted deflect arrows and completionist tho and I couldn't make the feats work. Also, AP are SO tight on this build, with so many good options, wasting 7 in Henshin and/or a twist slot for enlightenment is real hit. The advantage of having slightly higher effective doubleshot from having 10k with a wisdom for 46-50 (f you could manage that) I think is negated by the wasted AP and twist slot for Ki management. I also liked having Int as a secondary for Know The Angles which is a more constant DPS boost than the slight advantage of 10k over Doubleshot. THis makes having any appreciable Wisdom score (required for a 10k to be an advantage) very difficult or impossible to manage.

Overall, I like the 4 Ranger split better. It's not a world of difference tho, the majority of the DPS is locked up in 70 Dex, 3 Monk, and 13 Rogue + RP and SA scaling with the most recent changes. Doubleshot/Effective Doubleshot is a distant 3rd or 4th priority, DPS wise. At least, that's how I looked at it.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:58pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 10:54am:
Pure monk, Unarmed.

Nice troll.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:06am:
Nice troll.

I forgot to mention Race: Warforged.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:28am:
I forgot to mention Race: Warforged.

PDK for tactixxxxx

cha based kukan do build
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:43am by harharharhar »